PDA

View Full Version : Protection from hackers

UntouchableC
Oct 3, 2003, 04:42 AM
Errm call me strange but I have an idea that might work.

With the amount of people here playing on all consoles and such and such and I see alot of people leaving due to hackers and everything.

So wouldn't it be wise for the people to have the option to play with sensible players? assuming that everyone on this website are, then couldnt PSOWorld then have a weekly or mothly password which everyone can put in on a certain ship or even ship block.

For example for all PSOWorld members who wish to play with other sensible people to place a word or symbol into the name of their game (lets just say PSOW). Then have the pastword as whatever PSOW sets it as.

So you could go to ship x and search through games to join, if there are any called... "<what ever name you want here> PSOW" and its passworded, then people just enter the password set by PSOWorld.

People who then know other sensible people whom arent on PSOWorld Website can then be told the password also thus increasing the PSOWorld Family

Please give feedback on the idea

AngelAlys
Oct 3, 2003, 05:02 AM
People who are registered with PSOW are also hackers and dupers too, not all people here are legit by any stretch, see the cheaters section

UntouchableC
Oct 3, 2003, 05:42 AM
ahhh thats true.... ahh well. Let us all allow the game to decay in its integrety until all it has left is people selling ChainSawd +99s for 100mesta http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

L0CKE
Oct 3, 2003, 07:19 AM
We do this, on a smaller scale with our own forums. We have 2 groups, PSU which is 100% legit, and GUGPSO which is just a group of people getting together to get away from the annoying people out there.
PM me if you want to know more. I lead PSU, but GUGPSO is run by one of my good PSO buddies, XChaos.
Don't let the name discourage you, GrownUpGamers is about being mature, age doesn't make a difference, its how you play that matters.