PDA

View Full Version : "Bad" Christians

PontiusR
Oct 3, 2003, 02:21 PM
OK, its so common for people to vent their frustrations on Jews, Muslims, and everyone else but not Christians...no they always are spared from being taunted. I'm an atheist and so I believe that Jesus was no more than a man who hallucinated and that the Christian god never was real and was just made up by scholars to keep order in the middle ages.
But the thing that bugs me is that everyone claims to be such a good Christian then turn around and do everything their religion tells them not to do. Never was there more hypocrisy than with Christianity. Also, many are closed minded. Anything that challenges their dogma must be untrue, and yet science shows more and more day by day the decay of the foundations of Christianity. Sad thing is, all you Christians who preach tolerance are gonna flame me for this. Funny, isn't it?
[center]

Bradicus
Oct 3, 2003, 02:45 PM
I will not get into a theological debate, as my life theory has always been "whatever floats your boat". I will say that the bible should not be taken directly, as many of its stories are more of guidelines on how a good, and honest life should be led.

The surprising (yet true) thing is the amount of Atheists that fault Christians for their beleifs. My friend goes so far as to say that the bible is "retarded trash". The simple fact is that most people attack religions without knowing what is at the center of their teachings.

I am not taking any side here, so please, no flamming. I got a feeling that this topic might get a fair bit.

ps Middle Ages?

ABDUR101
Oct 3, 2003, 03:14 PM
Well, to be fair, and not directing this at you or anyone in particular, but I find that most athiests, wiccans, and those who converted from Christianity to another religion(or lack thereof) hold alot of malice towards it as a whole.

When I was studying religions, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, etc. I found out alot of interesting stuff, things I would have never thought of or made connections with. When I finally said the Shahadah and became a muslim, at first I did hold malice towards family and the general thought that I perceived most Christians to have.

It wasn't so much a bash against Christianity itself, but at feeling like everyone was leading me down a one way street all my life and not really keeping my mind open to the world. Expecially since family never really explained Christianity, and we never went to church except for funerals and weddings in the immediate family. I can count the number of times I've gone to church on both hands, at most.

Eventually, I did'nt feel ill towards anyone, because I'm here and I am who I am, and thats all that matters. Even the worst roads can eventually take you to the best destinations, yeah?

I just don't get all of the spite and ignorance directed around. It's a stupid cycle and giving backlash isn't going to get anywhere for obvious reasons.

And you can't really blame a religion for how the people act. That just comes down to the people themselves, not what is taught and advocated by the religion itself.

Just like people saying all muslims want to kill the world if it doesn't go 100% Islam. It's not true.

Hypocrisy knows no bounds, trust me.

Locking the thread though, because it's going to get a backlash of flames, and it breaks rule three.

Just wanted the thread to end on a good note.