PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Shooter

Quo
Oct 3, 2003, 07:10 PM
Whats it worth? I'm Purplenum; should I pipe for it? I wouldn't be able to use it, But would it get me something good in a trade?

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2003, 07:13 PM
I agree with all of those that say that every RA should have one. I piped for one and I'm quite pleased with it.

Quo
Oct 3, 2003, 07:14 PM
Sure, but I hate rangers.

StrongBad
Oct 3, 2003, 07:14 PM
I think its the most useful gun in the game. I freezes every time and can combo. The enemies dont even get a chance to get near you.

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2003, 07:15 PM
Trade off to a RA then like you said. I'm sure any RAs that don't have one of the 4 IDs that can't get it and/or don't like piping will give you a good trade for one.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 3, 2003, 07:17 PM
Now if only I could find a Hideltorr...

BIZKIT
Oct 3, 2003, 07:21 PM
i would go for it. im thinking about piping for one also. after you get it go online and get a photon booster to make it a snow queen.

Dillon
Oct 3, 2003, 07:22 PM
Freezes every time? Hmm..I may have read wrong once, but..doesn't it randomly freeze you and those around you as well? Or is that the Snow Queen?

Olga-Rappy
Oct 3, 2003, 07:26 PM
Snow Queen has a 100% freeze rate. FS has about 75%, from my experience playing with lucky people who have one.

Bit
Oct 3, 2003, 07:28 PM
My FS must have some special mechanism then. Mine has missed probably 5 times the entire time I've used it. Go for it, It's worth it.

It does randomly freeze you, but I haven't seen it do that to anyone around you.

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2003, 07:29 PM
I think the FS has a higher freeze rate than that. From using mine in Ult Forest, Caves, Temple, and Spaceship, the only thing that I had trouble freezing was Nano Dragons. Everything else frozen when they got hit.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 3, 2003, 07:30 PM
Snow Queen randomly freezes and can't combo. Frozen Shooter doesn't and can combo, but does less damage and has less chance of freezing.

And 75% is a very, very, VERY rough estimate.

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2003, 07:34 PM
On 2003-10-03 17:30, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Snow Queen randomly freezes and can't combo. Frozen Shooter doesn't and can combo, but does less damage and has less chance of freezing.

Another thing to add is that the FS's special uses the ATA settings for a strong attack while the SQ's uses the ATA settings for a special attack. So, you'll need more ATA to use a Snow Queen for freezing.

And 75% is a very, very, VERY rough estimate.

Okay. I'm not sure as to why I have trouble freezing Nano Dragons but not anything else yet.

Stalfos333
Oct 3, 2003, 07:35 PM
That random freeze amounts to once or twice a run, if it's constantly equipped. Nothing to worry about. As for the 75%...I've been using one on each of my Ra's, and have missed once. I'm due for a week's worth of misses, I think...*winks*

TheAlmightyNewbie
Oct 3, 2003, 07:36 PM
Frozen Shooter DOES randomly freeze you, though it's only happened to me about 4 times. It has a success rate of around 99%. It's missed, for me, around 5 or 6 times.

neko-chan
Oct 3, 2003, 07:37 PM
On 2003-10-03 17:29, Sounomi wrote:
I think the FS has a higher freeze rate than that. From using mine in Ult Forest, Caves, Temple, and Spaceship, the only thing that I had trouble freezing was Nano Dragons. Everything else frozen when they got hit.

Nano Dragon doesn't freeze if you hit it from a certain distance, because it follows its usual pattern: flying when someone is shooting to it from far away, with a gun or a rifle.

If you get close to it and shoot the FS, you'll always freeze it.

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2003, 07:41 PM
On 2003-10-03 17:37, neko-chan wrote:
Nano Dragon doesn't freeze if you hit it from a certain distance, because it follows its usual pattern: flying when someone is shooting to it from far away, with a gun or a rifle.

If you get close to it and shoot the FS, you'll always freeze it.

Make sense. I've noticed that enemies that up higher than they normally are, can't be frozen. But, if I try to freeze a Nano Dragon and it doesn't freeze and flies up, when it lands I can freeze it just fine.

VulpesMundi
Oct 3, 2003, 07:47 PM
The Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen work like this: the special attack is still effected by your ATA. An enemy can evade the attack so that it MISSes. However, if the special attack on either of these weapons connects it will freeze any enemy that can be frozen with a 100% effectiveness rate, provided said enemy isn't flying/hovering (Nano Dragon and Canadine/Gee-types, for example).

There's also a trick to these weapons online. While playing in a laggy environment the enemies on each players' screens can get seriously out of synchronization and wind up, quite literally, on separate ends of the room on each player's screen. If you happen to shoot an enemy on your screen it'll freeze, and if you shoot a different enemy on a teammate's screen it'll freeze as well (this sometimes gives the illusion that the Frozen Shooter can hit multiple targets). You can also shoot dead air on your screen and strike an enemy on a teammate's screen and wind up inadvertantly freezing it. It's quite useful at times. Who says lag is totally bad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2003, 07:56 PM
On 2003-10-03 17:47, VulpesMundi wrote:
There's also a trick to these weapons online. While playing in a laggy environment the enemies on each players' screens can get seriously out of synchronization and wind up, quite literally, on separate ends of the room on each player's screen. If you happen to shoot an enemy on your screen it'll freeze, and if you shoot a different enemy on a teammate's screen it'll freeze as well (this sometimes gives the illusion that the Frozen Shooter can hit multiple targets). You can also shoot dead air on your screen and strike an enemy on a teammate's screen and wind up inadvertantly freezing it. It's quite useful at times. Who says lag is totally bad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I saw those things happen to me last night when I was using them online. There were a couple of times where I'd miss an enemy but a split second later, it'd be frozen. Then there was the time where my aim was quite correct and a completely missed the enemy, but about a second later, it was frozen, even through the bomb never hit the enemy on my screen. I was also playing with someone who has some serious lag at times.

PABLOparavida
Oct 3, 2003, 08:38 PM
the froozen shooter is a great wep and just so you know ras rule.

Dillon
Oct 3, 2003, 08:49 PM
Right.

I don't like that random freezing though. I guess that's all it's gonna take to stop me from going after one.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Oct 3, 2003, 09:01 PM
On 2003-10-03 17:34, Sounomi wrote:

On 2003-10-03 17:30, Olga-Rappy wrote:

Another thing to add is that the FS's special uses the ATA settings for a strong attack while the SQ's uses the ATA settings for a special attack. So, you'll need more ATA to use a Snow Queen for freezing.

The Snow Queen never misses, (except on bosses) from what I've heard. I'd certainly hope so: lower speed and no combo for 40 PD's better have some sort of benefit other than penetration x_X'

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2003, 09:14 PM
On 2003-10-03 19:01, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
The Snow Queen never misses, (except on bosses) from what I've heard. I'd certainly hope so: lower speed and no combo for 40 PD's better have some sort of benefit other than penetration x_X'

It can miss, if you don't have enough ATA to back it up with. With 301 ATA on a maxed out RAmarl, I haven't missed anything in Ult Temple offline with one, maybe later I'll try Spaceship. With the bosses, it'll hit them, it just won't freeze them.