PDA

View Full Version : SC2 Coincidence?

Kadou
Oct 3, 2003, 08:34 PM
I noticed that in Soul Calibur 2, the area that the 9th chapter in Weapons Master mode takes place in is named 'Algol.' Isn't that a spelling variation of Algo, the star system in the previous PS games?

I forgot the point I had in mind almost before I started writing this (playing SC2 now), but I thought I'd point it out.

Reece
Oct 3, 2003, 08:50 PM
It also has Area's names Antares and I think Deneb or it's Altair

Kadou
Oct 3, 2003, 08:52 PM
I just unlocked Antares and was about to post that here. It didn't even occur to me that Altair was one of them, but then again I'm not online yet (that's a ship name, right?)

Reece
Oct 3, 2003, 08:55 PM
Yep it is. Are they names of the Phantasy Star planets?

Richard
Oct 3, 2003, 09:21 PM
Uuhhh, those names aren't trademarks of Sega or anything. Those names come from actual stars in the solar system.

Vega, Altair, Anteres, ect.

WOWOWOWOW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-10-27 06:11 ]</font>

Kadou
Oct 3, 2003, 10:19 PM
Well I have very little knowledge of astronomy as far as names of crap goes, but I was fairly sure that that would be the case, seeing as in some other systems and countries the ships are named Venus, Mercury, etc. (something like that). There is still Algol, though. Recognize that name from anywhere other than Phantasy Star? (actually, for some reason I remember hearing it somewhere several years ago, but I can't put my finger on where. Meh, I use too many parenthises)

Guntz348
Oct 4, 2003, 04:59 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but arn't all the ship names, exept either EpIII ships or Xbox EPI&II ships, named after stars and or star systems? I'm almost positive that all the DC, PC, and GC names are actual star system names.

Reenee
Oct 4, 2003, 09:42 AM
The US DC PSO ship names were named after popular characters in literature.

Logical2u
Oct 4, 2003, 10:13 AM
US GC Ship names are Astronomic bodies... no surprise.

PS: Vega IS a star... but I dont know if it has life, let alone dupers, on it.