PDA

View Full Version : Big Guns?

Olga-Rappy
Oct 3, 2003, 10:15 PM
I just got my RAmarl to a decent level, and I'm trying to think of a good weapon to use. I'd really like a shot or launcher, since the whole fun of being a ranger is having a huge gun. That, and Launchers appear to be the most powerful of the gun weapons; and Shots hit 5 enemies at once.

I know nothing about Ranger weapons. So, I'm looking for suggestions on the following:

a) Which do you personally prefer and why; Shots or Launchers?

b) What exactly is the Red Scorpio's special, and how would you rate it as a Launcher?

c) What do you suggest? I'm using a RAmarl, and have access to the following IDs in Ultimate: Pinkal, Purplenum, Oran, Skyly

PABLOparavida
Oct 3, 2003, 10:18 PM
the best shot is the spread needle. The best mechs guld millas. The best rifle yas 3000. The best launcher is the photon launcher.

chantez131313
Oct 3, 2003, 10:21 PM
Not that i have one, but are u sure the photon launcer is the best launcher? Ive heard that the Snow Queen is a good launcher (i think its a launcher) but then again i dont have one of those either.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 3, 2003, 10:23 PM
On 2003-10-03 20:18, PABLOparavida wrote:
the best shot is the spread needle. The best mechs guld millas. The best rifle yas 3000. The best launcher is the photon launcher.

Please, don't spam my topic. If you want to put this BS up, make your own topic.

Chantez, while I know little about Ranger weapons, the Photon Launcher is the WORST. As for the Snow Queen, its damage is much less compared to some of the other Launchers - which is wh Id pick one over a shot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olga-Rappy on 2003-10-03 20:25 ]</font>

PABLOparavida
Oct 3, 2003, 10:27 PM
The snow queen is better sorry I forgot that one. It can freeze people too.

TekkamanBlade
Oct 3, 2003, 10:40 PM
I rather use an ANGEL HARP , FROZEN SHOOTER , SPREAD NEEDLE , YASMINKOV 2000H AND HEAVEN PUNISHER

Olga-Rappy
Oct 3, 2003, 10:46 PM
My god... I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU USE, UNLESS YOU'RE ANSWERING C!

I'm asking 3 simple questions... none of them involve "witch r teh best ranjur wepunz?!?"

There are millions of "best weapons" topics out there - this is not one of them!

Also, I'm talking about LEGIT items. I do't use dupes.

Once again - I am asking about

Which do you think is better, especially for a RAmarl? Shots, or Launchers?

What is the Red Scorpio's Special?

Which Shot or Launcher that is LEGITIMATELY available to the aforementioned IDs do you personally think is best?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olga-Rappy on 2003-10-03 20:49 ]</font>

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2003, 11:11 PM
a) Depends on the situation at hand, since their attacks are fairly differnt. Although, I don't use much of either. I like slicers over shots.

b) RS's special is Burning, I believe, and it is the strongest of the 3 Photon Launchers.

c) Two things that you should go after are a Spread Needle and Frozen Shooter (every RA needs those). Some other things would include the Anti Android Rifle, Yasmikov 2000H, and Yasminkov 9000M.

StrongBad
Oct 3, 2003, 11:17 PM
1. I personally don't like either weapon but if i had to pick i'd say shots are better since they hit more people.
2. Not sure.
3. With Purplenum you can get Baranz Parts which is a pretty good shot, Spread Needle, which is probably the best shot from a Ruins Merlan, and Belra Cannon from a Ruins Indi Belra. None of your Id's can get NUG-2000 Bazooka which is probably the best launcher/gun in the game.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 3, 2003, 11:19 PM
Thank you for the straight answers.

According to PSOW's guides, Slicers have a slightly lesser radius, but equal range and higher damage. Yeah... much better than shots.

Burning, eh... not bad.

Yeah, I'd definitely say that the SQ/FS is a staple of any Ranger's equipment, but Rifles... thy just seem weak. Are there any other rifles signifigantly stronger?

StrongBad
Oct 3, 2003, 11:21 PM
The Bringers Rifle is a pretty strong rifle. And the special cuts enemy HP to 1/4 which is really good.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 3, 2003, 11:22 PM
Wait... why are Launchers bad?

Actually, I'm leveling up a Yellowboze... but I thought the NUG-2000 couldn't combo? I was thinking that out of the weapons that combo, either a Red Scorpio or Belra Cannon would be best.

PSOW really needs a guide on Launchers.

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2003, 11:30 PM
On 2003-10-03 21:22, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Wait... why are Launchers bad?

Actually, I'm leveling up a Yellowboze... but I thought the NUG-2000 couldn't combo? I was thinking that out of the weapons that combo, either a Red Scorpio or Belra Cannon would be best.

PSOW really needs a guide on Launchers.

I don't use the term "launcher" as a classification, since the weapons that are listed there vary quite a bit as to how the attack goes. The 3 Photon Lauchers can combo. The Nug can't, but hits a large area of enemies, like Gi Gue Bazooka and Iron Faust. The Belra Cannon can't combo, only hits one target, but the special does a penetration sort of attack like a Photon Launcher does.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 3, 2003, 11:33 PM
I thought the NUG only hits enemies that are adjacent? Like the range of Level 1 Rafoie?

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2003, 11:37 PM
On 2003-10-03 21:33, Olga-Rappy wrote:
I thought the NUG only hits enemies that are adjacent? Like the range of Level 1 Rafoie?

I'm not sure. I haven't used one yet and I'm simply stated what I've heard. But, for being an 11 star weapon, it better do something good.

flueggy
Oct 3, 2003, 11:49 PM
well the nug's special is burning which looks like a mini rafoie, and i would use some shots like the iron faust cuz some shots act as launchers, so it depends

Olga-Rappy
Oct 3, 2003, 11:57 PM
Hehe... Iron Faust looks like a stinger, a.k.a the Anti-Aircraft missle that easily mounts on your average soccer mom SUV.

Anywho, I made up my mind - my Oran buddy just called back, and said he got a Red Scorpio from Barba Ray. I suppose I'll continue torr piping, even though the b*stards hate me, or I can just trade one of these stupid Caduceusces (Lol, these Millies love me. It's insane.) for a Frozen Shooter.

Hehe, now I have an excuse to go Baranz killing... thsoe things are so stupid - there's nothing funnier than getting two giant mechs to kill each other by running figure-8s around them.

joluh
Oct 4, 2003, 12:54 AM
Well none have worked for me, well haven't found them but their cousins ((of those guns)) aren't so good, i beat v.h. with my lvl65 RAcaseal with a Launcher, no not a photon launcher, just a normal shotgun but the red colored one, it isn't even the strongest one of the shots, for me shotguns are the best RA weapons in the game =D ((needs to get a baranz launcher))

edwinsu
Oct 4, 2003, 03:47 AM
i prefere launchers (Snow Queen, Photon Launcher, Guilty Light, Red Scorpio). i believe there are the ONLY four weapons that should be considered launchers for how they function.

the nug bazooka / gi gue bazooka / panzer faust / iron faust should all be in a their own weapon class. they arent really launchers because they dont penetrate enemies and they arent rifles because of splash damage. thats my opinion.

the Red Scorpio's burning special is EXTREMELY helpful vs. Dark Falz. pretty much hit him from anywhere anytime except when he goes up to shoot off his Grants

EDIT ---> also i have a question... the baranz launcher is considerd a shot by weapon function... what is the berla cannon considered by weapon function?? a rifle with a launcher special? like the twin pyschogun who also have a launcher special.

-edwinsu-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: edwinsu on 2003-10-04 01:53 ]</font>

Alteisen
Oct 4, 2003, 01:11 PM
1) Myself, I prefer shots. While slicers may offer a little more in the way of damage, the projectiles don't come out as fast as a shot... that, and I hate slicers. I have a RAcast that uses shots a lot in Hard mode; dunno how many times shots made my leveling easier.

2) To be honest, I have no idea. But I think people may have said that already.

3) For shots? Well, since you have a RAmarl, I think that a Meteor Smash would work, since I believe its special steals TP. Other than that, it's up in the air for shots.

Dillon
Oct 4, 2003, 01:38 PM
Ok, well..I've been working on my RAmar the past few nights..I've got him to level 21 while making uncomplete runs to slay Falz.

I've collected this:

* Photon Launchers are neat. I'm using the Guilty Light, until I get 150 ATA. It only hits one target, but it pierces, so it can hit more than one if you use it strategically.

* You need to have a good Handgun or Rifle. Right now, I'm using a Hell's Laser with 20% hit. The special hits..a lot, and is VERY handy.

- I also keep a Varista with me, for when I'm taking on a boss with single parts that the Hell's special won't work on.

* Shots are good. A Ranger should have one. I'm using..Arms with 35% hit right now. (It's stronger than the Final Impact I have, I believe) They're kinda slow, and don't have the best range, but they hit 5 at a time..that's always handy for those rooms full of claws, Gilchics and what not.

* Personally, I don't like mechs. They leave you open to attack for about 2.5 seconds after firing them..and I don't like that at all.

Anyway..that's what I've gathered so far. I can't really tell you anything much about rare Rifles or Handguns, etc., except for the Supressed Gun. I've been using it since I got to Ult. on my now retired Viridia HUmar. It's proven very helpful.I know it's not the best Handgun, but it's pretty good.

Sorry if this wasn't the type of response you were looking for, but I thought I'd toss in at least what I knew about the topic, and suggest what I did.

Hope something in this helped.

lain2k3
Oct 4, 2003, 01:45 PM
On 2003-10-03 20:18, PABLOparavida wrote:
the best shotrifle is the spread needle. The best mechsis the guld millas yas. 9000. The best rifle yas 3000. The best launcher is the photon launcher red scorpio or nug-2000.

Logical2u
Oct 4, 2003, 02:33 PM
A) Launchers. Same speed, Peircing damage, and more damage. Rifles do this, but faster, smaller, and no peirce.Shots look weird, and fire in a funny pattern. And stay away from Inferno Bazooka.
B) I've never actually used one...
C) Purplenum. Then find some great Mechs.

Sumo
Oct 4, 2003, 03:22 PM
And stay away from Inferno Bazooka.

Unless you're a Fomarl...

BIZKIT
Oct 4, 2003, 06:59 PM
If you want a shot, get the spread needle. it supposedly has rifle like speed with shot like spread. i would go for that

Olga-Rappy
Oct 4, 2003, 07:03 PM
For the final time, I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING REMOTELY LIKE A MECHGUN OR HANDGUN, WHICH INCLUDES RIFLES. I AM ASKING ABOUT SHOTS AND LAUNCHERS. HAVING A FORCE, I THINK THEY SUCK EVEN MORE THAN CANES.

If anyone cares, I think Hnaduns, Mechguns, and Rifles have far too much cooldown for their power, and leave one vulnerable to anythign they aren't Heavy-Heavy-Heavying. And Canes... ar einderior to Sabres in every way. Except if it's a Summit Moon, which I think just downright looks stupid.

But thank you very much to everyone else who responded with useful stuff.

edwinsu - Yeah, it works great. De Rol Le and Vol Opt's second stage too. I can't wait to oblitherate the Sil Dragon with it.

I agree about the Fausts/Bazookas. Unless the Gi-Gue Bazooka is an exception, or the RAmar I saw using it was just stupid, he never combo'ed, and said it wouldn't let him.

Dillon - Instead of using the Hell Rifle, try a Hell Arms. I have one with 20% hit.

What do you mean by Hell's special on bosses? Unless Dark resistance affects the Hell special, no one-hit-kill stuff works on bosses, not even Level 30 Megid.

Dillon
Oct 4, 2003, 09:59 PM
I didn't think the Hell's special worked on bosses..I was gonna ask that sometime, too.

I wasn't inferring it did though, if that's what you were thinking. Thanks for answering my un-asked question though. ;x

Soukosa
Oct 4, 2003, 11:19 PM
Hell won't work on bosses since their ESP is 100. Other specials like Arrest and Chaos (and family) won't work either for the same reason.

Stalfos333
Oct 5, 2003, 12:00 AM
You don't like cooldown, so you avoid the quick weapons in favor of launchers and shots? ...Eep?