PDA

View Full Version : video capturing PSO

AquaFlare7
Oct 4, 2003, 12:11 AM
Hey, I have an Nvidia GeForce 4 TI4600 with a Tv-Tuner and a svideo in/out. Now how would I go about doing some video capturing? I'm new to this so talk to me like I am 4 please =)

flueggy
Oct 4, 2003, 12:12 AM
yeah cool and i think this goes on off topic, uhh i dunno

AquaFlare7
Oct 4, 2003, 12:16 AM
oops, forgot to mention what it is for... I am planning on makingf PSO Flash movies for the net, but I need to learn video capture for it.

VioletSkye
Oct 4, 2003, 12:18 PM
Do you have video editting software installed? Pinnacle, Abode Premier, Roxio etc.?

AquaFlare7
Oct 4, 2003, 01:10 PM
No, but I can do that, not a problem. So ok then

step 1) Get video editing software

step 2) ????

also, what softwware do you beleive to be the best?

VioletSkye
Oct 4, 2003, 01:42 PM
On 2003-10-04 11:10, AquaFlare7 wrote:
No, but I can do that, not a problem. So ok then

step 1) Get video editing software

step 2) ????

also, what softwware do you beleive to be the best?

I personally like Adobe Premier coupled with Adobe After Effects. Haven't tried the Roxio program. I also have Pinnacle which is ok.

AquaFlare7
Oct 4, 2003, 10:50 PM
I now have the first 2 programs that you suggested, and next on the list is how to actually record gameplay into digital video.

VioletSkye
Oct 4, 2003, 11:10 PM
Run the software you downloaded. Depending on which program you got and which version, its usually obvious which selection to click to start capturing video. It will also usually display the video that you are capturing in the program itself. As I'm sure you are aware it can eat up harddrive space quickly. I'm on my laptop at the moment which only has Pinnacle since I haven't installed Premiere on here considering it has nowhere near the harddrive space that my desktop does LOL. After you have the video you want to use, there are TONS of editting tools that you can use to fix it up jus tthe way you want. After effects is nice although you probably won't need it for what you want to do. I usually save my files as mpeg files and then encode them to Divx.

AquaFlare7
Oct 4, 2003, 11:17 PM
well, sadly I dont even know how to connect the wires. I've only gone as far as connecting the S-Video to the Nvidia card, but it doesnt work. and as for disk space, I run private servers for web design and hosting, and on my desktop have about 500GB

VioletSkye
Oct 4, 2003, 11:36 PM
On 2003-10-04 21:17, AquaFlare7 wrote:
well, sadly I dont even know how to connect the wires. I've only gone as far as connecting the S-Video to the Nvidia card, but it doesnt work. and as for disk space, I run private servers for web design and hosting, and on my desktop have about 500GB

Heh, me too I'm running dual WESTERN HDD WD2500JD 250GB SERIAL ATA 7200RPM harddrives. I used to run web servers when I had more time. I'm actually working on Linux box at the moment. Does your tv or vcr have s video inputs? If your Tv doesn't but your VCR does, you can always tape it and then do a capture from your VCR (not as good quality wise but still very usuable)

AquaFlare7
Oct 4, 2003, 11:39 PM
my TV has S-Video, but I am so lost. BTW, I really appreciate all of the help

VioletSkye
Oct 4, 2003, 11:42 PM
On 2003-10-04 21:39, AquaFlare7 wrote:
my TV has S-Video, but I am so lost. BTW, I really appreciate all of the help

NP. I'm heading out with some friends, but I'll be around tomorrow. BTW:
1. Which program are you using?
2. Does the program not detect that your s-video cable to connected to your TV?
3. Does your video card not recognize the connection?

AquaFlare7
Oct 5, 2003, 12:22 AM
Is there some sort of item-checklist of everything I need?

I have both premier and after effects, as well as a c apture card and a tv with s-video. what else do I need?

VioletSkye
Oct 5, 2003, 01:04 AM
That should be everything you need. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Once you get used to After effects, you can get cool effects plug ins.

AquaFlare7
Oct 5, 2003, 08:02 AM
what cable goes where?

VioletSkye
Oct 5, 2003, 01:35 PM
If your TV has Video and Audio Out ports, then simply use those. You will probably need to use an RCA cable in that instance. If your TV doesn't have Out ports, then run your game through a VCR or Digital Camcorder (you can still make it appear on your tv screen.) Then run an S-video cable from your VCR or Digital Camcorder to the S-video port on your video card. You can also use the RCA cables if you have to.