PDA

View Full Version : GC: Cant read disks

Diggerak
Oct 4, 2003, 02:02 AM
My game cube crapped out on me about 30 mins ago. I was playing star fox adventers and just beat the boss. I locked up on a black screen while loading. Now my GC cant seem to read the disks. I keep getting the "No disk" Thing.
Its not just PSO but all my games. It workes once in a while. But as soon as it starts it says Error check your instruction booklet for details. I lost that ages ago. So I called the tech support and got the auto messages after 10 mins of hitting 1-3-2-5 ect. It finaly told me. It said to clean my disks (done) and to firmly and gentaly push on the dick to the center hub. It still dident work. Oh and its warenty was over about 2 months ago http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif Edit: I'm going to abuse my GC to get it to work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Diggerak on 2003-10-04 00:05 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Oct 4, 2003, 12:15 PM
On 2003-10-04 00:02, Diggerak wrote:
My game cube crapped out on me about 30 mins ago. I was playing star fox adventers and just beat the boss. I locked up on a black screen while loading. Now my GC cant seem to read the disks. I keep getting the "No disk" Thing.
Its not just PSO but all my games. It workes once in a while. But as soon as it starts it says Error check your instruction booklet for details. I lost that ages ago. So I called the tech support and got the auto messages after 10 mins of hitting 1-3-2-5 ect. It finaly told me. It said to clean my disks (done) and to firmly and gentaly push on the dick to the center hub. It still dident work. Oh and its warenty was over about 2 months ago http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif Edit: I'm going to abuse my GC to get it to work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Diggerak on 2003-10-04 00:05 ]</font>

Many times this is caused by the fact that the laser is either totally gone or its become too weak to read the discs. One possible (temporary) fix is to carefully clean the laser lens. Sometimes even a little dust or a speck can make all the difference when the laser has become weak from use.