PDA

View Full Version : Is Legit Fun?

Dragon_Tamer
Oct 4, 2003, 05:34 AM
I was wondering if legit is fun, I'm an online player that isn't legit, because i want to start a new character most likely. So is it fun, or is it boring?(explain plz) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TyroneBiggums
Oct 4, 2003, 06:23 AM
no its not fun. u know whats a better idea? start hacking the shit out of this game now thats fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

WATCH OUT HERE I COME U SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND LIKE A RECORD BABY RIGHT ROUND ROUND ROUND

rena-ko
Oct 4, 2003, 06:49 AM
being legeit is not "fun".
hunting for stuff for days and days and finally finding that red box and it is no photon drop this time (this feeling is so much better than getting something for free on vega within 5 minutes), meeting other legit players and trading with them, playing the game like it was intended to be played...

you create the fun yourself.

...given you have enough time at your hand, of course.

if youre bored with the game because you know and/or own any rare weapon and the joy of finally finding something is not appealing to you, then you're done with pso. go play something else.

good luck and have fun anyway

kingmurp
Oct 4, 2003, 06:51 AM
woot standing O!!!!!!

TyroneBiggums
Oct 4, 2003, 08:54 AM
i think its spelled "w00t"

maybe the stupidest expression ever

SubstanceD
Oct 4, 2003, 09:03 AM
Well this is a strange topic, well at least one of the strager ones that I have replied to anyway.

Is being Legit fun.... ,well it can be, that all depends on whether you like the game or not. The main apeal of playing lgeitly is that it can be very rewarding say if you take down a tough boss like Olga Flow with crappy gear or if you spend ages looking for a particular itmeand your perserverance pays off ( sadly there will be times when it will not but I will get to that sson ).

The draw backs to playing legit are obvious, items in PSO apear at random and even though all items do have a certain frequency drop rate it is possibly that the item you arer looking for may never drop ( ie, this is the random element at play ) and as such this can cause a great deal of frustration in the gamer.

I would recommend playing legit, after all you want to give it a go and I don't see what harm it will cause to yourself or to others, as I mentioned earlier it can be very rewarding.....

Jazhara
Oct 4, 2003, 09:03 AM
As Rena says, if you cheat with your other characters, you'll probably find just having one that doesn't cheat boring as hell.

The fun of not cheating is most definitely in finding items. If the items have no value to you because you already have them on other characters then it might not be much fun...

PABLOparavida
Oct 4, 2003, 12:32 PM
cheating is awesome. I would rather have fun leveling up then beating my brains out looking for rares.

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 12:41 PM
I love being legit. Being legit is how you are suppost to play. Duping is stupid and ST is stupid for not stoping it

Dillon
Oct 4, 2003, 12:45 PM
Then perhaps you should ignore the rare and level up? You don't have to have that Lavis Cannon to level up you know. ;/

The only time I cheat/hack a game is when I've beaten it through all possible scenarios, gotten everything already, etc. etc., like Ogre Battle 64. That game's just great to hack away at..completely remaking levels was fun, too.

But with PSO, I can't really get 100% of the items in the game..so I've yet to cheat, unless you call me giving rares thta I've already found to my other characters cheating.

Bit
Oct 4, 2003, 12:49 PM
On 2003-10-04 10:41, Reece wrote:
I love being legit. Being legit is how you are suppost to play. Duping is stupid and ST is stupid for not stoping it

Lets not get into any arguements about it, I'd rather not have to lock this to prevent any flame wars, you know?

Kupi
Oct 4, 2003, 01:39 PM
It all depends on your mindset. If you want to get every item possible in the whole game, you're going to burn out very fast as a legit player, since there's no way you're going to get what you want. However, if you enjoy watching your character grow and can honestly get excited about finding your first Pallash because it's better than the Buster you've been using... then you'll enjoy playing legit. You'll also probably get less contempt from fellow players online if you play legit.

Dillon
Oct 4, 2003, 01:47 PM
Exactly. Infact, I remember that. When I found my first Pallasch and got all excited because it was better than my Buster.

Basically, imo, cheating is stupid, to an extent, and those who cheat with games like PSO (go online..spread bugged things, etc.) should be slapped.

I only cheat in a game when (I didn't list this earlier)

I'm stuck. No possible way in hell I could get through the part. In which case I'd use a quick infinite health code or something, get through the part, and turn it off.

Or if I've beat the game once or twice already, and it's lost it's fun. Then I go back and hack it to hell and back, if I can. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

But yeah. With games like PSO, being "legit" (I've heard the word "legit" in this forum since I've signed up, more than I've seen it used in my entire life.) is fun.

joluh
Oct 4, 2003, 02:31 PM
I think that one of the principal points of the game is finding rares right!?!? so

Legits:
When you find that rare you wanted so bad, after so many days, it feels so good, even if you don't even hunt for them!!! ((like myself, i just let the rares come to me ^_~))

Cheaters: ((Duppers))
Oh well i already had that weapon since i was lvl 1 ¬_¬', that's plain boring, you'll leave the game in seconds

And well if you cheat, you won't only cheat in the items section, you'll want to have max stats since lvl 1 and things like that, which will make the game even more boring

So after reading all those other posts, i guess you'll know what you want to be, but i guess that you don't choose to be legit, you just feel like you are one of us ^_^

Auracom
Oct 4, 2003, 04:21 PM
Being legit is tough at first but when you get to the higher levels the rares start rolling in, and thats fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. But if you have no interest in finding your own stuff then I guess its pointless for you. Still I hope you give it a try being legit is very rewarding.

Sinow-X
Oct 4, 2003, 04:33 PM
Legit has to be one of the greatest and rewarding things, especially when you finally find what your looking for. Take Auracom, he just found the Yami hes been hunting. Im sure hes happy about it, but dupers prolly already have one with maxed %s so theyd probably throw it away or something. So being legit is tough at the start but when you get to later lvls its really fun!

Soukosa
Oct 4, 2003, 04:53 PM

That sounds weird coming from you.

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 05:01 PM
On 2003-10-04 14:53, Sounomi wrote:

That sounds weird coming from you.

It shouldn't. I have always been legit. Except for my RAcaseal you played with. I told you I hated her. I had 4 Ult legits but corrupted and I have started bulding another legit. BTW Auracom didn't get the Yami it was Yas 7k. He is still lookin for a Yami lol.

VulpesMundi
Oct 4, 2003, 05:06 PM
Legit can be both fun and frustrating. It's a pain in the ass to search for wanted items, but it's most rewarding when you finally score what you're looking for. As an item hunter/collector, the feeling I get when I find something good is just one of the many reasons I still play this game over 2 1/2 years after its release. Because there's so many items in the game, there's always something new for me to find. So yeah, playing legit is fun for me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

neko-chan
Oct 4, 2003, 05:07 PM
Legit... you struggle for like... 50 or 60 levels in order to reach Ultimate, because you think in Ultimate you're gonna find very good items. Then, you realize that the rarest items are dropped by OR pipable enemies (pipe trick: annoying/boring to death) OR uber stingy bastards such as Melqueeks, Tollaws, Chaos Bringers, that Gibbles fool, Nano Dragons, and other funny bishes you'll suddenly start to hate.

And, then, you get online and you notice that 90% of the whole PSO players like to sport their own arsenal made of TJ Swords, Pyscho Wands (it was the Mil Lillies massacre or what?), Guld Millas, and other assorted amenities. Oh! And most of that stuff has some nice percents... such 100% on three areas!!!

So... yes, being legit is fun. I don't know why... it's a fascinating mistery. Or maybe a subliminal message hidden in those red boxes we all love and hate.

Soukosa
Oct 4, 2003, 05:17 PM
On 2003-10-04 15:01, Reece wrote:
It shouldn't. I have always been legit. Except for my RAcaseal you played with. I told you I hated her. I had 4 Ult legits but corrupted and I have started bulding another legit.

Explain the Scape Doll thing then.

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 05:19 PM
Easy. I use my duper Tweaked Character to Rare hunt!

Olga-Rappy
Oct 4, 2003, 07:41 PM
I'm legit! I get NOL the Level 1 HUnewearl with maxed stats and a Dark Bride, Dark Flow, and Dark Meteor multi-equipped to go Rare hunting, then give her stuff to my other characters!

Hehehe... Oh, and who said they've never heard the word legit except here? Do a google search on "duping". All of the results are PSO related.

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 07:50 PM
Why did u post that? Now people are gonna go and found out how to dupe! damn you

neko-chan
Oct 4, 2003, 07:54 PM
The next time try this (http://pso-world.com/sendpmsg.php?tousername=Reece).

Callie
Oct 4, 2003, 07:57 PM
legit can be fun somtimes its not there is an easy way to get rares being legit all you have to do is kill an emeny when there is going to be a new beat but when it comes to battle and being a force it is not fun to be legit its very hard

Stalfos333
Oct 4, 2003, 08:11 PM
If you play legit, you have to enjoy the game. If you don't, you won't have fun. But when a new item appears, even if it's just a common weapon you don't have the IDs to get commonly, it is a true event for the legit player, and that sudden feeling of happiness is what makes being legit great.

Xion810
Oct 5, 2003, 02:49 PM
On 2003-10-04 18:11, Stalfos333 wrote:
If you play legit, you have to enjoy the game. If you don't, you won't have fun. But when a new item appears, even if it's just a common weapon you don't have the IDs to get commonly, it is a true event for the legit player, and that sudden feeling of happiness is what makes being legit great.

I dupe like crazy and any red box I find is an event. Your thinking is flawed by me.

deathdragon2006
Oct 5, 2003, 02:54 PM
when i first started out i traded...a lot got a bunch of dupes but thats it i didn't want hacks from then on out i just played and traded got rid of all the hacked items well the one's with percents anyway but now i know how to dupe i try and not do it but i dont care.it's all cool though but i dont use the tj swords or stuff like that i dont like them i'll use the ancient saber or something everyonce in the while either that or it's the red sword sange and yasha red handgun and a double cannon but i need another due to fsod blast you fsod.and i dont like the psycho wands or anything like that except the nug-2000 bazooka for my RAmar on hard mode

SpyroDi
Oct 5, 2003, 03:17 PM
I don't know what came over me when my first character on PSO hit level 47...this guy gave me a Stag Cutlery,obviously duped...after mastering Diablo 2 I'd think I'd learn to be legit from now on.

But being legit IS fun,especially when you experience the game first-hand,and no cheating or nothing. I myself have a legit character (that I still need to work on) and he already has shibby equipment.

(gotta find that Graviton Plate)

ilr2000
Oct 5, 2003, 05:58 PM
I think being legit is fun. I once had my fling with cheating and when I compare the two, cheating has one big downfall... you can get any item you want just by asking for it on Vega, and they end up all feeling equally worthless. Wowzers you got an SY with 50 hit? No one cares. You got J-sword? No one cares. You got psycho wand? No one cares. You got every item in all of PSO known to man, even the ones that haven’t been released? No one cares.

But if you ask what I have, I could tell you that I have an Aura field (traded with Neko-chan for that, thanks Neko! There's a funny story to that one too), I've got my Red Sword (first wep I ever found that could stand up in ULT battle, wouldn't trade it for nothin), I've got my Ila mag made JUUUUUUUST for me. And lastly my pride and joy... my accidental MKB, which was the last nail on the coffin for reasons someone would want to cheat.

PABLOparavida
Oct 5, 2003, 06:06 PM
playing legit is hard but more rewarding when you find items. But finding the items thats the bad part

Olga-Rappy
Oct 6, 2003, 08:45 AM
How? That where all the fun is... it's why we're called "Hunters".

UntouchableC
Oct 6, 2003, 09:50 AM
On 2003-10-06 06:45, Olga-Rappy wrote:
How? That where all the fun is... it's why we're called "Hunters".

Exactly, that really is the main point of the game. Finding things personally I think is more rewarding than not being "legit" but on the other hand I can see why people dont go down the "right path"

At the end of the day, its all about what you want out of the game. Be it Trading, Leveling up, finding rares, or the whole complete pakage determinds whether you want to go legit or not

Personally I prefer legit, thats the way the game should be played

Lede
Oct 6, 2003, 09:55 AM
it just depends on the way you like to play the game, if u want to be legit and find all your own items? go right ahead, you enjoy it more if u like using every thing handed to you and u enjoy the game? do that tilll your sick if u like abit of both thats also good, no on anywhere has the right t tell you HOW the game SHOULD be played its how YOU want o play it, its not meant oplay as every one else wants you to play its you.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 6, 2003, 09:57 AM
Sounds funny coming from you.

And he asked if it was fun.

Malkavian
Oct 6, 2003, 10:47 AM
For me Legit is the only way to get fun from THIS game.
Cheating kills every purpose and challenge of the game converting it in a pointless waste of time.
For example now I heard there's infinte tp and hp codes that work online and I must pay attention to the people I play with. Hp is quite noticeable, not TP. That makes me take caution about wich FOs I play with in challenge.
Think for example I spend 100 hours getting a good time in a specific stage and finally I do an awesome time because the FO had infinite TP. That would be throw to the garbage all the work done before. And that to me is more frustrating than corruption.

Lede
Oct 6, 2003, 06:54 PM
Sounds funny coming from you.

And he asked if it was fun.

did i ask you if it was funny? dont recall it where is it?

i know wtf he asked tyvm but thats not what i anwserd

s.TiNgEr
Oct 6, 2003, 07:47 PM
PSO is fun legit or not. un-legit is funner at first, then it gets really boring. Legit keeps equal fun.

WootHinkInc
Oct 6, 2003, 08:19 PM
Many people have said this already, but I am going to say this again.

Being legit is more of a rewarding experience then being non-legit and just making your items.

Being legit, if you know what to look for in being legit, is the funnest way to play PSO. I will explain in my own words:

Being non-legit, you basically are the strongest character in the game from day 1, you level up real quick, and you go online and just chat and play a few games with your friends. It's fun being that strong and to be able to pwn enemys at level 1 in V-Hard. But... What you are really doing isn't playing the game right. When you play the game, you are suppose to acknowlage that it IS in fact a video game. Video games are NOT men't to cheat. They are there for fun, and the fun is: Challange. The challange you go through of leveling up, or getting through a stage, or whatever, and the reward of getting through the challange afterword.

It's very rewarding to me after beating a video game. Why? Because I worked hard to do it. I didn't cheat, and made everything so easy. It was hard.

When you are non-legit, everything is so simple for the game itself. It's basically your plaything to go play with friends online. You basically chat with your friends, on a game, that you move your character with a controller pressing the A or X button and whatever you just pressed those buttons right next to, died.

I will say it again: PSO IS A VIDEO GAME! It's suppose to be challanging! You are suppose to get that rewarding feeling after you have done something big. I know if I find something really rare, I get that feeling because I FOUND it on my own. And it is useful. But when you are non-legit, you find that really rare thing, say "Cool, I found this." and then stick it in your stash. THere is no excitment. Maybe because you found one you are excited, but it goes away pretty quickly because you either have one already that you had for a long time. Or just your things are stronger.

PSO allows you to play a very fun Video Game, with your friends and complete strangers. You start out, knowing that there is items that are SO hard to get, it almost seems impossible to get them. But when you set a goal to get whatever item, and you get it. The feeling is almost comepleting. You are NOT considered a gamer if you cheat on PSO. A real gamer knows that legit is the only way to play PSO.

If you play PSO legit with your friends. It's very fun. Not just chatting and pressing the A button in front of a monster, watching it fall to the ground. It's a challange, something that you get through together. It's a lot more then you think it is.

So the answer to your question "Is being legit on PSO fun?": YES! The best experience ever! If you are too impatient. And you say you are just like that, impatient. Then you are pathetic. Playing a game legitly, without cheating, requires patients. If you have no patients then you are not a gamer.

Dragon_Tamer
Oct 7, 2003, 08:04 AM
Well, i am on vacation now, and this was the first time i have been on pso world, well after reading most posts, i have gone legit on my character. And yes from what you say i enjoy it, finally at level 11 im on my way to hard with a legit force, my mag is 22 or something like that im working on his mind and a little on his defense. Yes i do like it, i got excited when i found my first Rod instead of a cane (yes), its hard in the begining, but im doing quests and that is how i get money for fluids, legit is fun. After i get to a higher lv. being legit, are you allowed to trade with other legit people for their weapons or is that...illegal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Because ill play with anyone online whenever i see them. My guys name is Chris, im a little teal FOmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Naagata_Clan
Oct 7, 2003, 01:21 PM
Ah... he learned the joys of being legit... it brings a tear to my eye... well no... not really...

Yeah, Legit is good. I remember flipping out when playing as Yumi and then finding my first "Gladius" on Hard... I thought it was sooo cool. Heck... now that I think about it... my lvl 125 FO doesn't even have super equipment because it's all stuff I found myself...

Personally, I found free-handouts to be dull.. because the parts that were supposed to be difficult... I could with relative ease... doing 3 or 4 times more damage then I was supposed to...

But my question is... so what's your opinion now on cheating now that you have a legit character? I'm just a little curious...

WootHinkInc
Oct 7, 2003, 05:18 PM
I think cheaters are pathetic. Especially ones who have been playing since DC(I feel sorry for the ones who cheat and have been playing since DC. Has being around that long really not taught you ANYTHING?).

I am nice to them, and some are even cool to play with, but I still think it's pathetic. That they have to cheat. Nor do I want to hear the excuse "I get corrupted too much." There are ways to prevent corruption, but other then that: It's gonna happen weither you like it or not inside the game until ST does something about it.

And FSOD, well, simple prevention. Stick everything in your stash before you leave a game. I have gotten FSODed 4 times so far and haven't lost a thing because I stick all my items in my stash before I leave a game. Even Offline.

Cheaters are cheaters plain and simple, they're the ones probably cheating on good RPGs such as FF7 and plenty of other games. Being legit doesn't get dull, it's just you don't know how to play legit right. You are impatient if you cheat, and if you lose that kind of patients: You have lost your gamer's sense.

jssDevil-Like
Oct 8, 2003, 06:01 AM
On 2003-10-04 17:50, Reece wrote:
Why did u post that? Now people are gonna go and found out how to dupe! damn you

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gifumm...not like it's a big secret anymore.you can find it anywhere. I admit, i have 1 or 2....ok 3 "non-legit" characters out of 8, but i think it kinda spices up what has become rather boring game. I got b#tched at by a group of so-called "legits" last week because of my double cannon..funny thing is, the main one was using the SAME yellow sato that i have..same stats,same pb.
Buncha jokes!!
"Legits" can have their fun "cheaters" can have their fun.I just hate when one flames the other jsut to do it.
It's like the crpyts and bloods of PSO, DUMB!!

Spider
Oct 8, 2003, 07:46 AM
been legit since version 1 and must say its the way to go!

Dragon_Tamer
Oct 8, 2003, 08:04 PM
Well you asked what i think about being legit rather than my old cheating self(mwuhahahaahhah). I like being legit beter, but it is annoying, but atleast im not killing everyone in one hit(like i used to when i was lv 1). More fun, but annoying all the same, but i can take the annoyance, i just wish more ppl were legit, i want people to play with that are legit, Im a little Fomar that is teal named Chris if you see me give me your guild card so i can get together with you to train.

HUShadow
Oct 8, 2003, 09:24 PM
Yeah, Legit is fun. 'Course, I dunno how to not be legit, I'm all offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Olga-Rappy
Oct 9, 2003, 01:35 AM
On 2003-10-08 04:01, jssDevil-Like wrote:

On 2003-10-04 17:50, Reece wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gifumm...not like it's a big secret anymore.you can find it anywhere.

Jeebus, and all I said was "a google search on duping will turn up pso-related results only"!

Don't you think most wannabe dupers have already used Google?

The_DF_Clan
Oct 13, 2003, 09:57 AM
Y Bob: when I started to jack online for the first time, I heard that people dupe...but...I didn't knew what this mean. But now that I know, I'm more cautious with others online. And being legit is by far better than cheating (I HATE cheats). And I don't care of that Masamune Blade...I can't even use it. So I just keep it in another MC (Memory Card). Maybe Sephiroth (another HUmar) will enjoy it...if he wasn't at Lv. 5. lol! So...yes, being legit is the best you can do online. Hard at first, but better later (like in almost every RPG games).

Malkavian
Oct 13, 2003, 10:23 AM
Im surprised watching so many legit replies!
The in PSO you go online and is extremely hard to spot a legit player or game with people you dont know already.

rena-ko
Oct 13, 2003, 10:32 AM
yeah, i guess there are around... 50 to hundred freaks in PSO who play the game like it was intended... then the rest would be cheap dupeusers... this is however only fitting for american players imho *laughs*

The_DF_Clan
Oct 14, 2003, 04:29 PM
T-B: I cheated some times and it was fun (believe me, it wasn't with PSO and I'll never cheat there). Know the debug mode in Sonic 2? I made my own scenarios! But beside that, I hate cheating. And I have my reasons...and many say reasons why cheating is bad and they are absolutely right...but...my reason is something more dramatic. I lost a very important, friendly and strong Chao. It was during the old Dreamcast days. When I promised that I'll do anything agaisn't frozen games, I did not know where to begin. But when my cousin bought PSO for GC, I was surprised: it was fun and I didn't even took some attention to it during the DC days. And he lend me it because he won't play with it online. And it's where everything started: my mission to stop cheats. Others found be a bit silly, but they don't understand why I do it. But now that I cannot do it alone (and can't play online for some reasons), I tried to contact other Gamers playing PSO. So here I am. My Chao was Chao-R. He was more than a virtual pet: for me, he was a friend. But he got corrupted. I truly don't know why. The only thing I can remember from him was its records in SA on DC and all my memories when I was with him within those weeks: on the Chao Garden and the VMU. I cannot forget him, so I must do something. That's why I need help to stop this. It's something that stroke me the most, and it will stay in my head until my dead. And I won't die until I do it. I owe so much to him. I need as much legits' help as possible to stop those stupid things online: hacking, duping,...and more.