PDA

View Full Version : Why tigers don't belong in Vegas or why old magicians should

LollipopLolita
Oct 4, 2003, 12:49 PM
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=3557409

Tiger Mauls Magician Roy Horn in Las Vegas Show
Sat October 4, 2003 07:09 AM ET

LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - A white tiger mauled famed Las Vegas illusionist Roy Horn during a performance by the "Siegfried and Roy" duo on Friday night, seriously injuring the magician on his 59th birthday.
Witnesses at the scene said the tiger, named Montecore, grabbed Horn's forearm. The magician hit him with his microphone and the tiger then lunged and bit him on the left side of the neck, causing profuse blood loss.

Horn was rushed to the University Medical Center, which said later he was out of surgery but still in critical condition.

The show has been canceled until further notice and the tiger, which was performing for the first time, is being quarantined at the hotel.

"The last place Roy would place blame would be with the animal," said Bernie Yuman, manager for "Siegfried and Roy."

White tigers and lions are a trademark of the German-born illusionists, who have been putting on one of the most famous shows in Las Vegas for 30 years.

Horn's partner in the show is Siegfried Fischbacher, 64.

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 12:56 PM
w00t! It's bout time those tigers protest and go on strike!

Delsaber
Oct 4, 2003, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't like to be put on display. I would have bit their faces a long time ago.

ABDUR101
Oct 4, 2003, 03:17 PM
I'm sure we'll hear something along the lines of how sorry they are about it, that they never thought in a million years that it would happen, and that sadly the animal had to be put down to the heartache of everyone who knew it.

...and then they'll be back on show as soon as the dood recovers, with another animal in place of the last.

Some animals just should'nt be in shows like that. It'd of been real nice if the tiger had tore through a confused and panicked crowd. =

Inu_Ranma
Oct 4, 2003, 03:20 PM
The funny thing is that White Tigers are endangered. The doctor who puts it down will be convicted of an international crime. ^_^'

I think it's more likely that that tiger will be resigned to a zoo or something.

ginko990
Oct 4, 2003, 03:37 PM
On 2003-10-04 13:20, Inu_Ranma wrote:
The funny thing is that White Tigers are endangered. The doctor who puts it down will be convicted of an international crime. ^_^'

I think it's more likely that that tiger will be resigned to a zoo or something.

Nah, I bought the tiger, gunna train it to make martinas.

LollipopLolita
Oct 4, 2003, 03:46 PM
white tigers specifically aren't endangered since they're not a separate species. they're a genetic rarity, they're just white bengal tigers. in the wild, they won't survive as well or as long as normal tigers because their color doesn't allow for good camouflage and they would be too visible. tigers on a whole as a species are endagered.

at least he didn't blame the tiger. while i hope that he recovers, tigers and other wild animals should not be used or exploited in shows. especially tigers, they're not social animals and have no pack order and no desire to make someone happy. ahem ringling brothers...

Inu_Ranma
Oct 4, 2003, 03:48 PM
I apologize. That's right. Tigers in general. ^_^

Reenee
Oct 4, 2003, 03:53 PM
Good kitty.

NKOTB
Oct 4, 2003, 04:17 PM
They have already said they are not going to kill the tiger.

I wish the tiger would have killed him. Maybe the guy will still die.

GO TIGER!!!

Kent
Oct 5, 2003, 10:16 AM
On 2003-10-04 13:53, Reenee wrote:
Good kitty.

Very good kitty.