PDA

View Full Version : Your Least Favorite Areas...

hazard99
Oct 4, 2003, 01:51 PM
I hate the caves...... Its incredibly boring, the enviormenal graphics suck, nothing good drops, and its long. BLAH!

HighElf9310
Oct 4, 2003, 01:54 PM
I would have to go with caves. Not because it has bad drops (actually is has great ones), I just feel that it is too long compared to the other boards. Yes, Ruins is quite long also, but it has better stuff and experience than caves. Ruins is worth the time it takes to play it, caves isn't worth the time.

hazard99
Oct 4, 2003, 02:00 PM
Oh and sorry about the two exact same posts, i hit enter on acccident.

joluh
Oct 4, 2003, 02:18 PM
First go an play Ultimate Caves with a Skyly Hunter, then come and tell me if you keep hating the drop part =P

But the graphics yeah, totally sucks, at least caves1 is the worst one, caves2 it's ok, underworld nature =D, and caves3 well looks like some part of metroid prime or something, so caves1 is the bad part, but they are too long tho

StryderPSO
Oct 4, 2003, 03:43 PM
VR levels episode II, other than that caves

Jonathais_GC
Oct 4, 2003, 04:36 PM
I hate Spaceship much more than any EP1 stage so i'm not going to vote. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lain2k3
Oct 4, 2003, 06:15 PM
I specificall hate the sapceship in any difficulty and the ruins in normal, hard, and VH.

Shattered_weasel
Oct 4, 2003, 06:23 PM
i hate Mcdonalds.....o we are talking about the game.

ok then i hate the principals office

why because he is a jack ass

BIZKIT
Oct 4, 2003, 07:02 PM
I dont like the caves or ruins. i guess i just dont like areas with 3 stages. it gets boring

vegeta000110
Oct 4, 2003, 07:44 PM
Out of ep 1 it would be ruins. Especially in ult with Indi Belras, Megid galore, and Grants. Ep 2 it's seabed. Annoying enemies. Annoying traps, and an annoying boss.

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 07:54 PM
I hate CCA by far the most

Whoppie
Oct 4, 2003, 07:56 PM
I hate the caves.They just bplain suck.

L0CKE
Oct 6, 2003, 05:57 AM
Spaceship and caves are my two least favorite, for looks and practicality. CCA is my favorite for scenery, mines and forest for practicality. Short levels = get to the boss faster = more exp in less time.(If you repeat it over and over)

rena-ko
Oct 6, 2003, 06:59 AM
hm... i kinda like all... caves is great - just play Ice Spinner quest when you look for a Melqueek drop and you know what i mean. also caves is not boring - each area in there has its own graphical setting!

i think... once youre hunting rares for real, any area can be nice. heck, even running through forest for 2+ years now (and believe me, i spent more time in forest than in most of the other areas) is not sicken me of it.

Butoden
Oct 6, 2003, 08:10 AM
Spaceship is pretty cool actually. The Monsters are all easy, there's tons of rares, it's just too long.
Caves is the most hateful area ever! I hate Seabed alot too...

JLX
Oct 6, 2003, 10:11 AM
I'm quite surprised so many people dislike areas like CC and the Spaceship...I always presumed they were the most popular areas...meh..

Well, I voted for the Caves, for pretty much the same reason everyone else has...boring, repetetive, not overly easy on the eyes, bland and just irritating in general. So far I have avoided doing rare runs in the caves, as everything I have wanted so far has just come through pure chance.

Out of the Episode 2 levels, the temple is by far my least favourite. I adore every other tiny little bit of Ep 2, mainly because its all so different, and all very pretty at the same time. I love the music and the combination of Garanz/Baranz's, Wolves and Delsabers all in small rooms at the same time, causing total mayhem. And I love the music...

I love the CCA to bits. It's all so lush; the graphics are tremendous! Granted the enemies are annoying, but its just so relaxing and humbling to be walking along a beautiful beach smashing the heck out of anything that crosses your path...and the Gal Griffon is just...WEEE!

And finally Seabed...the atmosphere rocks...and the Sinows are just cool...

Well thats about it. I'm all talked out...so...beeeep etc...

toxic_420
Oct 6, 2003, 10:51 AM
i reckon sonic team put caves in as a test!
sure, forest is easy, remember back when you first played pso you could kill the dragon after two forest runs.
but then came the caves. looooong level, with bland scenery, darn those lillies for poisoning/paralyzing you, and a (reasonably) hard boss for people just getting to know pso.
loads of my mates bought pso on my recommendation, but most quit as soon as they got to caves *3*
"OMG, theres a caves 3?, forget this!!"
its a test i tells ya, make it past caves, love pso forever....

Garm
Oct 6, 2003, 02:24 PM
caves is fun and not as bad graphics
ruins suck at enemies but mines at graphics >_<

tank1
Oct 8, 2003, 07:02 AM
caves sucks the enemies look *edit*:read the forum rules, and the wall textures are bland oh and de rol le or rally wot ever id one of the least creative boss's ever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-10-09 19:12 ]</font>

Spider
Oct 8, 2003, 07:40 AM
Caves do suck, but I personaly like De Rol, probobly cause its the only boss that hunters are the best for killing!

PABLOparavida
Oct 8, 2003, 03:48 PM
I hate forest. It gives no exp. Go ult ruins!!

BatistaROBO
Oct 8, 2003, 04:56 PM
Caves becasue of the reasons everyone else said and because that Goddamn Da Ral Lie WONT GIVE ME THAT GOD DAMN HOLY RAY! ARRGH!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Mman2000
Oct 8, 2003, 05:46 PM
Episode 1: Caves, It's a long, boring pain in the ass.

Episode 2: Spaceship and seabed tie because thanks to the multi-switch doors it's impossible to play them alone online.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 9, 2003, 01:51 AM
Caves were everything already mentioned. I dunno why, but Ruins seemed more exciting in a way. Maybe because the music was scarier, the colors were nightmarishly day-glow, and the monsters seemed like they were abberations straight out of a bad dream, and there was the anxiety and anticipation of entering the unsealed door and reaching the final level, on your way to the final chamber.

The worst level in Episode 2 would have to be Seabed. The enemies are just so d*mn difficult, especially on Ultimate. Even with a Hell Arms and a level 130 FOnewm and Level 100 RAmarl, getting to Olga Flow proved difficult.

Eihwaz
Oct 9, 2003, 04:42 PM
I really don't like the Ult. Caves. They were very painful for my FOnewm to get through...Stupid, cursed low-level RAfoie...

I really DO like Mines though. Tight music (sounds kinda melancholy) and the graphics are really cool. Well, for the first level at least. But the ruined lab look of Mines2 is cool. And the Vol Opt (2nd form) music is very cool.

That's my 2 meseta. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

s.TiNgEr
Oct 9, 2003, 05:54 PM
I hate the mines. I love the caves O_o

Saigan
Oct 10, 2003, 04:23 PM
I'm gonna have to go with the majority on this one, I can't stand the caves, especially after the lily room in "Today's Rate". Forces should be long past the point of dying, but nobody can effectivly fight 8 lilies in that tiny-a$$ room.

Rargh

Ranger_Larry
Oct 11, 2003, 06:30 AM
It's called hit and run http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GuerillaPimp
Oct 11, 2003, 12:07 PM
i hate the caves unless im doing Endless Nightmare 2

Hrith
Oct 11, 2003, 02:28 PM
Cave, long ? but worth 120 000 exp
Clearly more than mine.
Beating cave takes 1 hour.
Beating mine takes 1 hour...

I really love all stages, not one I dislike, really.
Only some I like more depending which of my three chars I play.

AlphaDoom
Oct 11, 2003, 04:43 PM
Seabed really does my heading but out of the four i'll have to say caves apart from the nar lillys and mil lillys.

starhealer
Oct 11, 2003, 05:31 PM
The caves is incredibly pretty--especially Caves 2. The water is a nice touch. But the music is so boring I can't stand it. I don't even mind the three parts, it's just...the music...

Ruins, on the other hand, has my favourite area track from Episode 1, which makes traipsing through it a little less of a hassle. It also gives better experience.

But I hate hate hate hate the frigging VR levels from Episode 2. Nothing in Ep.1 can compare when it comes to utter dislike.

rappy_slayer
Oct 11, 2003, 06:14 PM
I love the caves and mines! and i like ALL stages, they all have their own little challenge. if i had to pick my fav, its the caves. my least fav, its CCA (stupid gibbons) and my fav music is olga's boss music in second form

Hrith
Oct 12, 2003, 08:51 AM
So I'm not the only one to love ALL stages http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Neo_Slayer
Oct 13, 2003, 04:03 PM
i hate the mines. they dudes there are soo anoying and they just keep coming.

Neoka
Oct 13, 2003, 04:40 PM
I hate the mines
I mean those robots(dont know how to spell their real name) that get knocked down and ya have to wait for them to get up. This is real pain when is large groups. Also you think you cleared the room and BOOM those Sinows junp down. Also you can get shocked and slow there. Those Garaz tank things take a good beating and have homing missles. Volt Opt is too tedious but also too easy.
i reckon sonic team put caves in as a test!
I have to agree with that.

Pastullio
Oct 13, 2003, 04:48 PM
On 2003-10-04 11:54, HighElf9310 wrote:
I would have to go with caves. Not because it has bad drops (actually is has great ones), I just feel that it is too long compared to the other boards. Yes, Ruins is quite long also, but it has better stuff and experience than caves. Ruins is worth the time it takes to play it, caves isn't worth the time.

That just about sums it up.

Black000Moon
Oct 13, 2003, 04:48 PM
For episode 1 my least favorite area would have to be the mines. All the rooms are the same computer junk..lots of lights...computer junk....lots of lights......but its more detailed than caves especially caves one.. too molten lava