PDA

View Full Version : Pyscho Wand Needs To Be Found...

HighElf9310
Oct 4, 2003, 02:12 PM
I know that all of the section ID's can find it, I just want to know which is the easist to find it on. (I might create a HUcast and power him up to ult so I can find one of these quickly with that ID).

Any help appreciated.

Bit
Oct 4, 2003, 02:16 PM
Purplenum Mil Lily, by far the easiest way.

Ketchup345
Oct 4, 2003, 02:17 PM
On 2003-10-04 12:12, HighElf9310 wrote:
I know that all of the section ID's can find it, I just want to know which is the easist to find it on. (I might create a HUcast and power him up to ult so I can find one of these quickly with that ID).
Any help appreciated.

Purplenum I would say finds it easiest, since it comes from a rare enemy (Episode 1 Mil Lily). But since you will probably pipe, don't make an android to find it, as Telepipes cost to much for the amount of Mils you may have to kill. You would get more pipes for less out of Ryuker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-10-04 12:17 ]</font>

Rep0
Oct 4, 2003, 02:17 PM
Purplenum Mil Lily

Soukosa
Oct 4, 2003, 02:27 PM
If you can handle piping: Purplenum Mil Lily
If you don't like piping and are online: Oran Gibbles
If you don't like piping and arn't online: Bluefull Delibiter

fireant
Oct 4, 2003, 02:41 PM
Dont use pinkal for finding it. It drops from a Sinow Zele and has a 1/299,593 chance of geting it *falls down*

Stalfos333
Oct 4, 2003, 02:59 PM
TPs are quicker than ryuker, though, and for the amount you use, that can make a big impact on how much time you spend piping. Between a half hour and 15 minutes for a single enemy. Multiply that by how many rare enemies you need, which I've heard as 200, 30, 80, 50 etc., and you get a hefty amount of hours shaved off. So if you have the cash, use the items.

Ketchup345
Oct 4, 2003, 03:32 PM
On 2003-10-04 12:59, Stalfos333 wrote:
TPs are quicker than Ryuker, though, and for the amount you use, that can make a big impact on how much time you spend piping. Between a half hour and 15 minutes for a single enemy. Multiply that by how many rare enemies you need, which I've heard as 200, 30, 80, 50 etc., and you get a hefty amount of hours shaved off. So if you have the cash, use the items.

I think you are forgetting the time it takes to go to the shop after every 10 pipes (instead of Medic Center after every 50+), and if needed, the possibility of having to transfer extra meseta to the piping droid to buy more Telepipes.

Aurra
Oct 4, 2003, 03:34 PM
On 2003-10-04 12:27, Sounomi wrote:

All but the Purplenum one are nearly impossible. Piping it is the only realistic way to find a Psycho Wand

Stalfos333
Oct 4, 2003, 03:43 PM
Actually, I'm not. I've done the math, based on my own considerable experience with piping offline. That's the average time difference. Of course, I use fluids instead of walking to the medic. And I only ever transfer any cash when I start a new character. When the banks are all full, and all your characters are full on meseta, you don't tend to run out of money...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-10-04 13:44 ]</font>

Blue-Hawk
Oct 4, 2003, 03:48 PM
On 2003-10-04 13:34, Aurra wrote:

On 2003-10-04 12:27, Sounomi wrote:

All but the Purplenum one are nearly impossible. Piping it is the only realistic way to find a Psycho Wand

Even the purplenum one is damn near impopssible to find. I,myself, have just killed my 61st mil and no wand. >_<

Ketchup345
Oct 4, 2003, 03:48 PM
On 2003-10-04 13:43, Stalfos333 wrote:
Actually, I'm not. I've done the math, based on my own considerable experience with piping offline. That's the average time difference. Of course, I use fluids instead of walking to the medic. And I only ever transfer any cash when I start a new character. When the banks are all full, and all your characters are full on meseta, you don't tend to run out of money...

Ok, but for the amount you may need to kill to have it drop, you may run out of money (someone I heard had 350ish). But I guess its not a matter of time, but of annoyance. I just find it annoying to run to the shops that much when piping.

Soukosa
Oct 4, 2003, 03:49 PM

By saying that, you're saying that there's no realistic way to find things like Handgun:Milla & Guld, Yasha, Real Nei's Claw, any of the Section ID cards, Nug Bazooka, etc.

Stalfos333
Oct 4, 2003, 04:17 PM
Unless you catch a leprechaun, no. It's a matter of sheer luck, with a drop rate that low, and there is no practical way to hunt it and EXPECT the item to appear.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 4, 2003, 07:32 PM
3 ways:

1. Spending about 5 hours piping with Purplenum. Mil Lillies drop it at a high rate.

2. Spending about the same time trying to kill Gibbles.

3. Spending about 2 hours or less with my f***cked up disc using method 1, as Millies seem to love me as much as Hildetorrs hate me.

4. Spending a loooong time trying to get it from other IDs. While finding items like Sounomi mentioned is realistic, getting 12-stars from Bartles, Vulmers, Gillchics, Delbiters, or Arlans isn't.

Soukosa
Oct 4, 2003, 07:39 PM
On 2003-10-04 17:32, Olga-Rappy wrote:
4. Spending a loooong time trying to get it from other IDs. While finding items like Sounomi mentioned is realistic, getting 12-stars from Bartles, Vulmers, Gillchics, Delbiters, or Arlans isn't.

Don't assume that the number of stars on the weapons means how rare it is. I can list a ton of weapons that drop at rates that are inconsistant with the number of stars they have.

HighElf9310
Oct 4, 2003, 10:49 PM
OK, I will do the purplum (sp?), since I already have a chacater started. Hopefully I can get the RAmarl into ult quickly, but I doubt it.

HighElf9310
Oct 5, 2003, 12:53 AM
OK, so I got my ranger to hard just now, and I fought the dragon for the first time. It dropped a Mushasi, so I guess I am off to a good start ^-^.

Jazhara
Oct 5, 2003, 06:45 AM
If piping with a droid:

- Drop lots and lots of telepipe x9 on top of the pipe on Pioneer 2. Right on top of it. As you pipe, when you press to go back to Ragol if you have room you'll automatically pick up the pipes.

- Put telepipe on a button (obviously).

- Drop a couple of pipes on Ragol in case you run out without realising.

Aurra
Oct 5, 2003, 01:28 PM
On 2003-10-04 13:49, Sounomi wrote:

By saying that, you're saying that there's no realistic way to find things like Handgun:Milla & Guld, Yasha, Real Nei's Claw, any of the Section ID cards, Nug Bazooka, etc.

For some of those, yes, I am saying that. Others are not nearly as rare as a Psycho Wand. Guld is pretty close, especially since it drops from Sorceror (who are incredibly stingy). How many people have you ever known to find a Handgun:Guld? None? Yeah, me too. NUG 2000 isn't really too hard to find, not nearly as tough as Psycho Wand from something other than a lily. Real Nei's is sort of close, maybe about as rare as a Sealed J. Section IDs are a gray area since some are rarer than others. Redria and a few others still haven't been found by anyone, US, EU or JP. Yasha's not so bad because of Famitsu and Ice Spinner.

Soukosa
Oct 5, 2003, 02:55 PM
On 2003-10-05 11:28, Aurra wrote:
For some of those, yes, I am saying that. Others are not nearly as rare as a Psycho Wand. Guld is pretty close, especially since it drops from Sorceror (who are incredibly stingy). How many people have you ever known to find a Handgun:Guld? None? Yeah, me too. NUG 2000 isn't really too hard to find, not nearly as tough as Psycho Wand from something other than a lily. Real Nei's is sort of close, maybe about as rare as a Sealed J. Section IDs are a gray area since some are rarer than others. Redria and a few others still haven't been found by anyone, US, EU or JP. Yasha's not so bad because of Famitsu and Ice Spinner.

Just because a rare has 12 stars on it, doesn't necessarily mean that it has the appearance rate of one. The star rating on a weapon doesn't always designate the rarity of it. Some IDs actually find certain rares with a higher chance of the drop being that particular rare than others.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 5, 2003, 03:09 PM
There's even variation in the same item among different IDs, depending on what drops it.

Rare Enemies seem to have a 1/8 drop rate, unless they're your game's "uber-rare" or "common rare", and Bosses have 1/4 chances of dropping whatever Rare they're supposed to on Ultimate. (Might be the same on Hard and VHard too, but 4/5 times I've fought De Rol Le on VHard, I got a Mahu)

PABLOparavida
Oct 5, 2003, 03:42 PM
purplenum mil lily just pipe til u see one.

Stalfos333
Oct 5, 2003, 04:10 PM
Olga Rappy, did you just make that up? Because I can flat out say that bosses don't even have a 1/4 chance of dropping the common items, let alone things like Ruby Bullet, and that Rare enemies have a 1/2 chance of dropping 10 Stare rares, not 1/8. 11 stars drop from rare enemies at 1/30 or higher.

HighElf9310
Oct 6, 2003, 08:52 PM
On the other Psyco Wand post, someone poste a link for chances of getting a rare weapon. I managed to get two secure feets within 1 mintues of each other on my first Mountain run as a Pinkal...that is a 1/2926. I have had very good luck with rares on my first time. Like a purpleum hard dragon dropped me the Mushasi on my first time fighting it. I guess I have some hope of finding it. It is only a 1/205 chance of getting it...the Psycho Wand, that is....

heyf00L
Oct 7, 2003, 12:13 AM

IMO Real Nei's Claw is by far the hardest item to find in the game. Also, SJS is rarer than Guld. Guld is rarer than Yasha. Yasha is a lot rarer than Psycho Wand.

Actually since Psycho Wand is pipable (and findable by all IDs, it is by default less rare than any of the non pipable uber rares.