PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: What a miserable day

Ketchup345
Oct 4, 2003, 09:11 PM
I was just playing Forest of Sorrow under my Redria to "level up" and find "Photon Drops" from a Hildelt. I was in the final room, then a Hildelt dropped a Red Box. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
Guess what it was. Yup, you guessed it, a Photon Drop. The next Hilde drops down, and I was surprised to see an ugly grey/blue thing a Hildetor. Wow, they're uglier than I thought, they were supposed to look cool. That Hildetorr ruined my perfect 100% Reare Enemy-Rare Drop Rate, I got Meseta instead (not even a good amount, only about 1,200-1,500).

Earlier today, I was doing a quick run of Ultimate Caves 1 with the same character (no quest), and a Nano Dragon drops a Red Box. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif That too was a Photon Drop, not my Red Slicer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

How many Photon Drops have you got in one day that were suposed to be good items?

Also, this gives evidence to my theory that Photon Drops are more common on days, as before today, I only found a few here and there, all from boxes, and long ago, before level 20 of this charcater (now level 102), I found a lot of Photon Drops.

Edit: I think a Gulgus-Gue also dropped a red box earlier, and, yup, not my God/Mind, but a Photon Drop.

Poll: What color should Photon Drop boxes be?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-10-04 19:36 ]</font>

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 09:36 PM
you wanted the Pdrops! They should be like a crystal like clear Mesta. What would the Hildetorr drop for you?

Ketchup345
Oct 4, 2003, 09:38 PM
On 2003-10-04 19:36, Reece wrote:
you wanted the Pdrops! They should be like a crystal like clear Mesta. What would the Hildetorr drop for you?

I was using the "Photon Drops/Leveling" to say that that wassn't my intention. Its Redria, so it would be Magic Rock: Iritista.

DOG21313
Oct 4, 2003, 09:43 PM
That must stink... I was searching for a Red Handgun off a Bartle in Ult Forest, and killed one, saw a red box, and it turned out as a PD, but later that same run, I got a red box from a Barble, thought it must be a PD, but it turned out being my Red Saber! Still searching for the handgun, but boy that felt good when I found that Red Saber...

Dillon
Oct 4, 2003, 09:49 PM
Hmm..I'm guessing you're questing for a God/Battle, no?

It took me about 23 FOS runs to get mine. Hildelts dropped me two photon drops before I got it, Mothverts gave me 2 Mahus, and I got (I think) Diska Of Liberator from a box or something.

But yeah..went from level 45 to 74 looking for it.

Ketchup345
Oct 4, 2003, 09:51 PM
On 2003-10-04 19:43, DOG21313 wrote:
That must stink... I was searching for a Red Handgun off a Bartle in Ult Forest, and killed one, saw a red box, and it turned out as a PD, but later that same run, I got a red box from a Barble, thought it must be a PD, but it turned out being my Red Saber! Still searching for the handgun, but boy that felt good when I found that Red Saber...

I found the Red Handgun with my brother by an unpiped Pal Rappy (try using a Wavebird, we've found 4 unpiped rare Rappies in 2 days) from Redria.

And yea, that stinks, my perfect Rare Enemy record getting killed by probably one of the ugliest rare enemies in the game (I thought it would look better, as in the armor stands out more, not just black lines).

Gradius
Oct 4, 2003, 09:53 PM
I think in the long run having the PD's be red boxes is a good thing, even if in the short term it can be more disappointing.

Ketchup345
Oct 4, 2003, 09:54 PM
On 2003-10-04 19:49, Dillon wrote:
Hmm..I'm guessing you're questing for a God/Battle, no?
It took me about 23 FOS runs to get mine. Hildelts dropped me two photon drops before I got it.

Ok, thanks, yea, now I know how about long it will take me to get my "Photon Drop" from a Hidelt. I just finished my 2nd run, going to do a 3rd now.

But one a good note, I did get my Rati to level 200 within the past few hours.

BIZKIT
Oct 4, 2003, 10:01 PM
PDs should be in yellow boxes. looks like money but in box form

Nai_Calus
Oct 4, 2003, 10:12 PM
I have about 70 goddamned photon drops. I'd have more, but I look for my rares via piping because the total count of things I was looking for via runs that I found is three - God/Battle and two Red Partisans. And actually, I wasn't really looking for the Partisans, they were just there.
But yeah. Photon drops fricking abound. I got 3 before I got my God/Battle... And then when it finally dropped, it was the last Hilde in the middle room of F2 in FoS, and I had a wonderful view of the red box while I was spamming on A to shut Alicia up so I could go check it, LOL.
And of course, I'm offline only, so those Pdrops have absolutely no use. Someday I'll get online. ._.
Pdrops should be yellow like someone said. I would further go to say that tech disks should also be a different colour. Maybe pink or purple or something. Just not... Green, like Moon Atomizers and other useless shit.

Dillon
Oct 4, 2003, 10:18 PM
Yeah..I had a dream once that I was online playing and a TP Mat came in like a sky blue colored box. O_o

lain2k3
Oct 5, 2003, 12:08 AM
On 2003-10-04 19:11, Ketchup345 wrote:
How many Photon Drops have you got in one day that were suposed to be good items?
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-10-04 19:36 ]</font>

I got 14 PD's in one day from yellowboze hildets. two runs had 4 apiece. I ended up getting 45 PD's before I got my lum. and the fuckin lum had no slots and negative bonuses.....

Wood_Golem
Oct 5, 2003, 04:36 AM
Well we all get mindblow's like that dude.. i might as well post mine to get some cheers out (all skyly that'll be enough) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif RETIRED HUNTER 1st DBringer RED BOX!!! PD duh.. 3rd DB RED BOX PD at that point i wasnt very happy about 2 whould be Cudgel's.. ok now i'll just say the enemies its faster DGunner DelD
Sinow Spigell*4, Delbiter,Baranz,Sinow Red,Crimson Assassin (don't care he gave me 2 daggers anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) ehm probably more but i don't remember heh pretty dissapointing lol

VulpesMundi
Oct 5, 2003, 06:55 AM
Photon Drops can be so damn irritating. I can't imagine how pissed the people stuck offline can get, though, since PDs are worthless to them. Personally I think PDs should come in a completely originally colored box, either a crystal-ish white with marbling, rainbow colored, or purple. Gee, I wonder why I picked these colors. >.>

PS No, I'm not trying to insult anyone. I'm just being silly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

rena-ko
Oct 5, 2003, 07:10 AM
heheh, the marbleing idea is nice... but at least slightly different colours for each item would be kinda nice...
real rare boxes should sparkle or draw a rainbow over them or emit a blinding light. so everyone will be stunned once they drop...

btw.. hildetorr's drop chance (iritista) is 1/21 (5 %)... hidelts chance (god/battle) is the usual 0.3% (1/315)... so, good luck... i kinda gave up for now, despite having a 70hit slicer in my bank, waiting.

Red_Death4052
Oct 5, 2003, 07:51 AM
I could be the owner of a lavis cannon from tollaw if it wasn't for photon drops!

Zaneatron
Oct 5, 2003, 09:45 AM
i was thinking more on the silver lines for the PD. looks cool but isnt all that good in the end. i was originally thinking of gold but it would look too much like a weapon box.
i think if they were changed would be a good idea cos it would prevent so much anguish after seeing a red box only too find it to be a PD. at least it people wouldnt get pissed off, they would know straight away what it is.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 5, 2003, 10:45 AM
PDrops should be green, like other useless junk.

And the Hildetorr wouldn't drop anything. It wouldn't exist on my game, and if it did, it wouldn't drop anything useful, I assure you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olga-Rappy on 2003-10-05 08:46 ]</font>