PDA

View Full Version : Underrated Bands

PontiusR
Oct 5, 2003, 12:30 AM
There was the overrated bands thread...now comes the opposite.

Tool-the most talented band, ever. Don't believe me? Buy any CD of theirs and listen with an open mind and you will never be the same.

Nine Inch Nails-The Downward Spiral...just don't listen to it in the dark

Pantera-call 'em mindless and obscene but they really deserve more credit!

Alice in Chains-ahh...my 2nd favorite band of all time...don't listen to Godsmack or Staind, they're just imitators!

SuperJoint Ritual-no one rocks harder and faster

Soundgarden-WAY better than Nirvana in all aspects but always considered second to them

Theres more but those are the best...and if you don't know any thats not your fault, you're just average.

(btw, rage against the machine is not overrated, their first album was the best and you're probably judging them on their later more commercial work)

pixelate
Oct 5, 2003, 01:26 AM
Except for SuperJoint Ritual (I think), all those bands have been on Mtv, sooo...

Firocket1690
Oct 5, 2003, 01:31 AM
Simple Plan.

Shattered_weasel
Oct 5, 2003, 01:33 AM
I like Taproot.....doesn't mean they are underrated...heck i don't care what people think is underrated or overrated im goign to listen to what i want

StrongBad
Oct 5, 2003, 01:38 AM
Dashboard Confessional
(not really a band but underrated)

Allos
Oct 5, 2003, 07:37 AM
Simple Plan.

I hope you aren't serious.

Zaneatron
Oct 5, 2003, 07:42 AM
Homegrown
Hundred reasons (theyre british so unlikely to be heard of in US)

Kent
Oct 5, 2003, 10:01 AM
Aerosmith > All these new wannabe bands.

lain2k3
Oct 5, 2003, 11:33 AM
On 2003-10-05 05:37, Allos wrote:

Simple Plan.

I hope you aren't serious.

yeah...thats one of the funniest things Ive read in a while...lol

I think the most talented bands ever are the goo goo dolls and the juliana theory.

PontiusR
Oct 5, 2003, 01:44 PM
On 2003-10-05 05:42, Zane-online wrote:
Homegrown
Hundred reasons (theyre british so unlikely to be heard of in US)

There is a british band I like, Peach. They were pretty good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PontiusR on 2003-10-05 11:44 ]</font>

Bit
Oct 5, 2003, 01:46 PM
The Mars Volta isn't really an underrated band, for everyone I know who has heard them has had nothing bad to say, but they are definately under-known.

PontiusR
Oct 5, 2003, 01:48 PM
On 2003-10-04 23:26, pixelate wrote:
Except for SuperJoint Ritual (I think), all those bands have been on Mtv, sooo...

Yeah all the bands had 1 MTV hit except SJR...

Tool had "Sober", Alice in Chains had "Man in the Box", Nine Inch Nails had "Closer", Soundgarden had a few, and Pantera never had any real hits...

The POINT is that these bands should be the ones being lauded with praise, not shit like Limp Bizkit.

-BK-
Oct 5, 2003, 02:26 PM
Most of the bands listed in here (except for Aerosmith and a maybe 2 others that I never heard of) are OVERPLAYED in my area. Underrated nothing.

PontiusR
Oct 5, 2003, 04:39 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention two other bands:

Zaum-Danny Carrey drummed for this great band, and you'll never hear them on the radio or see them on tv

Failure-they had some great songs back in the day, another not too well known band.

ginko990
Oct 5, 2003, 04:46 PM
Dispatch, I don't watch MTV so I don't know if they've been on it. I've never heard them on the radio though. I like them.

PontiusR
Oct 5, 2003, 05:14 PM
There's also Meshugga, Tomahawk, Serart and Dredg, they all are very talented.

AUTO_
Oct 5, 2003, 06:28 PM
On 2003-10-05 11:46, Bit wrote:
The Mars Volta isn't really an underrated band, for everyone I know who has heard them has had nothing bad to say, but they are definately under-known.

Bit knows what's up (nice sig btw).

Whoever said Simple Plan needs to re-evaluate musical talent.

*burns pile of pop-rock killing the music industry*

The only underrated bands are the ones that haven't hit it big yet, and when they do, people will all say they're overrated.

That's how it works.

Gee mister Peebody!

Nai_Calus
Oct 6, 2003, 01:41 AM
Onmyouza. *listens to chorus of "Who?"s*

gunome
Oct 6, 2003, 09:05 AM
now some actual underrated bands, not quasi-mtv bands...
Explosions in the Sky
Halley
Drillbox Ignition
Modest Mouse
Spoon
Black Eyes
Qand Not U
Blonde Redhead
Dead Whale Tide
Man Against Stars *wink*
the Sleuths (palfloat.com)
Starlight Mints
Flaming Lips
American Analog Set
Jackie-O Motherfucker

...to name a few

Jonathais_GC
Oct 6, 2003, 10:36 AM
On 2003-10-05 11:48, PontiusR wrote:

Tool had "Sober", Alice in Chains had "Man in the Box", Nine Inch Nails had "Closer", Soundgarden had a few, and Pantera never had any real hits...

Pantera having no hits? The Far Beyond Driven album debuted at No.1 in the U.S billboard charts.

pixelate
Oct 6, 2003, 12:02 PM

The POINT is that these bands should be the ones being lauded with praise, not shit like Limp Bizkit.

Limp Bizkit's latest album got 1 star. Nice praise, huh? It debuted at #3 but with a 1 star rating. I don't think Limp Bizkit gets much critical acclaim (praise), just high album sales.

PontiusR
Oct 6, 2003, 01:42 PM
On 2003-10-06 08:36, Jonathais_GC wrote:

Pantera having no hits? The Far Beyond Driven album debuted at No.1 in the U.S billboard charts.

Yeah but they never had a hit single or video. Also, Limp Bizkit is lauded with praise by idiotic junior high fanboys, but they shouldn't be. Thats what I meant.

Delsaber
Oct 6, 2003, 06:33 PM
I like Mudvayne, I dunno if they are underrated, overrated, or not rated. They are my favorite..

HairProneHalo
Oct 6, 2003, 07:45 PM
Del The Funky Homosapien.
U-Ziq

Probably some more...>_>

Spider
Oct 7, 2003, 04:52 AM
Front Foot Forward - Ridiculously underated, dont believe me, download a song and you'll love em!
Frenzal Rhomb - known in Australia, but think thats it!
Caustic Soda
Enuf Sed (theres another enuf sed spelt different, they suck poo)
Nancy Vandel
Somewhat Damaged
Peabody
The Meanies
Distorted Penguins - only American band I like that I think are underated
Fuzigish - best african band ever!

Not sure if I'm fully right, but bout 99% of the bands you fine lads and laddettes have posted are pretty mainstream, all these are ridiculously underated bands (except for Frenzal and maybe Distorted Penguins)

If your a music buff or just like damn good music (all these bands are fucken awesome!) download at least one by each band, and if you cant find any downloads of a certain band here PM me and I should be able to arrange something.

I think everyone should grab a Front Foot Forward song but, They are sooo damn bloody good, especially there new song wich is prety much impossible to get right now! Heres a FFF song for starters: http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=9127

Aredhel
Oct 7, 2003, 09:05 AM
I've become grossly unpopular for liking Marilyn Manson. He's quite, quite mainstream, but that's just the point - he's a big star and a big whore, he loves it and hates it at the same time. Manson's jsut trying to ride into the Apocalypse with as much gusto as humanly possible.

Kizaragu
Oct 7, 2003, 11:45 AM
What about Alkaline trio?

I dunno if you'd say the were underated, but It's suprising just how many people I've mentioned them too, have had no Idea who I was talking about.

Gradius
Oct 7, 2003, 11:57 AM
I wonder if we know the difference between underrated and obscure..?

A lot of bands listed here are quite mainstream and highly rated.

PontiusR
Oct 7, 2003, 01:40 PM
All the bands posted are mainstream...hem hem

Dredg
Zaum
Failure
Meshugga
Tomahawk
TexANS
C.A.D.
Crowbar
Corrosion of Conformity
Serart
The Replicants
Renholder
Puscifer

I know I already listed some but hey you might've missed em.

Delsaber
Oct 7, 2003, 04:43 PM
I like Marilyn Manson and I could care less what someone else thinks of it. I like Tornacade, if any of you have heard of them before. I like Evil Engine #9 aswell..

PontiusR
Oct 7, 2003, 06:24 PM
I don't think all Manson is bad, I used to love Twiggy, but I don't like their new stuff as much.

Oh I forgot to mention Lusk, a really underrated band who you should give a listen as well!

Spider
Oct 7, 2003, 06:43 PM
Yeah, pretty much everyone here is calling mainstream bands underated, I go to a lot ofg underground concerts, so I get introduced to lots of really good underrated bands... and lots of shit ones, but ah well!

Guile
Oct 7, 2003, 07:03 PM
Supergrass, Not really underrated..just Unknown.
At the Drive-In, same reason I guess.
Ay and RX Bandits!

Spider
Oct 7, 2003, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't really call supergrass unknown, its more like known but no one gives a poopey

klepto
Oct 7, 2003, 07:16 PM
Not one person in my 507 kid school listens to any of my favorite bands besides the 5 or so that like Green Day.

Green Day- quite mainstream, however I like to listen to their older stuff rather than newer stuff

Pennywise- not to many people i know listen to pennywise

NOFX- yeah...

Bad Religion- hardcore ownage

Spider
Oct 7, 2003, 07:38 PM
Greenday, yeah mainstream...
NOFX - mainstream but fucking awesome, they are my 2nd favorite band!
Pennywise, I would still say mainstream, they are pretty damn good, Land of The Free is one of my fav CDs!
Bad Religion, they are too pretty mainstream but still pretty good.

(When I say mainstream I mean there fans are in the millions and you can see em on TV and what not)

But seriously though, your into those bands I suggested having a listen to Frenzal (comedic punk like nofx but in my opinion bettera, more diverse), Front Foot, The Meanies and Enuf Sed. Also have you listened to Less Than Jake? They are pretty mad, playing in Sydney soon, cant wait to see em

lain2k3
Oct 7, 2003, 09:05 PM
On 2003-10-07 14:43, Delsaber wrote:
I like Marilyn Manson and I could care less what someone else thinks of it. I like Tornacade, if any of you have heard of them before. I like Evil Engine #9 aswell..

I like long, hard road out of hell...

His music doesnt strike me as very different or gross, I like it.

Kizaragu
Oct 7, 2003, 09:30 PM
On 2003-10-07 17:03, Guile wrote:
Supergrass, Not really underrated..just Unknown.

What are you on about? A majority of People in the Uk have heard of them. They're just underated. Completely the oppisite of what you said.

Anyway I thought my Alkaline Trio was 'Pushing it' for underated, but why mention Bad Religion and Green Day (Punk Legends)!?

Spider
Oct 8, 2003, 05:10 AM
Me and my friend found an "In The Grey" CD in the shops today, not my style of music but they are ok, we were like http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif when we saw it but!

HotWaterDeath
Oct 8, 2003, 10:50 AM
On 2003-10-06 07:05, gunome wrote:
now some actual underrated bands, not quasi-mtv bands...

Modest Mouse

Qand Not U

Flaming Lips

...to name a few

I'd just like to say that you rock for mentioning a Dischord Records band. RxBandits rock it as well...and they got quite a backlash from the "ska" community when they opted for a new style...but I think it sounds great. Well both styles anyway.

Underrated?

Most eighties hardcore bands (I'm not talking crappy mainstream nu-metal, I'm talking punk influenced, shoot! I say that as if anything mainstream is hardcore, crazyness)

Bad Brains (They basically set the mold for Minor Threat's hardcore and thus influenced a generation of new wave hardcore.)

Rites of Spring and Jawbreaker (Where would all the indie rockers be today without the sweet melodies of these seminal projects? No Saves the Day, JimmyEatAnus, Bright Eyes, Cursive...on second thought...perhaps it would've been better if this band never existed. Well Rites was indeed first so it could be said that they influenced Jawbreaker.)

Embrace and Fugazi(Both of these Ian Mackaye projects, in turn, influenced Jawbreaker's melodic stylings...well that and they both rock it)

Quicksand (Another great band overlooked by all the Nirvana and Grunge wannabes of the early ninties music scene. But they do have a strong underground following.)

Snuff (A genuinly fun band that gets dimissed because they used to be on Crap(Fat)Wreckchords. Okay that was a tad mean considering Fat has had at least six decent bands throughout it's brief history)

Sick of It All (They've been belting out NYHC for over a decade but they're always put aside in favor of new "upstart" hardcore acts. Shame.)

bordering
Oct 8, 2003, 02:12 PM
flin flon. period. the best band nobody (not even most indie rock scenesters) has heard of. and they rock.

raiden999
Oct 8, 2003, 04:15 PM
On 2003-10-06 16:33, Delsaber wrote:
I like Mudvayne, I dunno if they are underrated, overrated, or not rated. They are my favorite..

Though they are played oftenly on tv, they weren't even mentioned on the set list for the Summer Sanatarium Tour... interesting...

raiden999
Oct 8, 2003, 11:26 PM
On 2003-10-07 16:24, PontiusR wrote:
I don't think all Manson is bad, I used to love Twiggy, but I don't like their new stuff as much.

Oh I forgot to mention Lusk, a really underrated band who you should give a listen as well!

Have you checked out the new Perfect Circle with Twiggy on bass with em?

dj_dan
Oct 8, 2003, 11:46 PM
The Violent Femmes!

PontiusR
Oct 10, 2003, 01:57 PM
On 2003-10-08 21:26, raiden999 wrote:

On 2003-10-07 16:24, PontiusR wrote:

Have you checked out the new Perfect Circle with Twiggy on bass with em?

Yeah, the songs sound a lot better with Twiggy. Of course, he isn't called that anymore...

Demonslayer
Oct 11, 2003, 09:32 PM
On 2003-10-05 08:01, Kent wrote:

Damn right aerosmith kicks ass. Most old bands are underated.

HairProneHalo
Oct 12, 2003, 12:18 AM
On 2003-10-08 21:46, dj_dan wrote:
The Violent Femmes!

I'm high as kite and I just might..xD

StrongBad
Oct 12, 2003, 02:31 AM
Forgot to mention, Taking Back Sunday, Homegrown, and The Used.

Zaneatron
Oct 12, 2003, 11:33 AM
yeah dam straight on homegrown, i mentioned them earlier in the thread.
also id like to add some british bands into the mix:
Funeral for a friend
Hell is for heroes
both great bands
and heres some american bands:
instruction
thrice

TyroneBiggums
Oct 13, 2003, 01:04 AM
TooL is the greatest rock band of our generation.

is there a singer in rock music today more talented than maynard? no

is there a drummer in the history of rock music more talented than danny carey? fock no

i dont know about apc. their first album was ok, but i think its weird how they take maynards voice and make it sound almost generic. i dont know if im making a lot of sense but what i mean is that they have that voice and cant do more with their music to complement it the way TooL has.

AIC is the shit Layne Staley R.I.P.

HotWaterDeath
Oct 13, 2003, 11:19 AM
On 2003-10-12 00:31, StrongBad wrote:
Forgot to mention, Taking Back Sunday, Homegrown, and The Used.

Are you serious? Do you really think Taking Back Sunday is underrated? They wish they were freaking Lifetime (One of the many bands Eddie Reyes was a part of), and Lifetime tried with every fiber of their being to emulate Jawbreaker and Gorrila Biscuits.....well the same goes for Thursday (who happens to be moderately worse than TBS). TBS is mall merch now. Just a pretty face slapped on a T-Shirt and sold to fifteen year olds from here to Timbuktu. Nobody listens to the bands that inspired these whinos. I can't believe that a guy I went to high school with is now in a pop-indie band that plays on Jimmy Kimmel's show. Adam was a cool guy, but if I would've known he'd become what he is today, I'd shoot him in the face.

Homegrown USED (No pun intended) to be a decent band......ookay so maybe "That's Business" was a good record and "Act Your Age" was ALMOST bearable. Then they dropped their second guitarist, signed to Drive-Thru...and all Hades broke loose.

Why are unoriginal bands being praised, while the ilk of those who inspired them are passed on?

Man my whole TBS reference sounded like a bible passage. "Gorilla Biscuits begat Lifetime, and Gorilla Biscuits begat Lifetime, and....BAH!

Bottom line: Everyone on Drive-Thru records can eat a shotgun shell...except for the Rx Bandits (The only band on that label that ISN'T recycled tripe).

PontiusR
Oct 13, 2003, 02:03 PM
On 2003-10-12 23:04, TyroneBiggums wrote:
TooL is the greatest rock band of our generation.

is there a singer in rock music today more talented than maynard? no

is there a drummer in the history of rock music more talented than danny carey? fock no

i dont know about apc. their first album was ok, but i think its weird how they take maynards voice and make it sound almost generic. i dont know if im making a lot of sense but what i mean is that they have that voice and cant do more with their music to complement it the way TooL has.

AIC is the shit Layne Staley R.I.P.

Holy shit...someone on here who I can agree with!!!
Don't forget Adam, no one gets that kind of distortion, and Justin is really good as well (especially on songs like Aenema). And of course Alice in Chains is the second best...I think I'll go listen to Dirt now.

HairProneHalo
Oct 13, 2003, 06:01 PM
Uhm...Dragon Ash?

PABLOparavida
Oct 13, 2003, 06:34 PM
I'm not really into music but I like Sean Paul and 50cent.

TyroneBiggums
Oct 13, 2003, 10:47 PM
PONTIUS..........

which album do u think is better, UNDERTOW or AENIMA, and why ....

in your opinion what is the worst song off AENIMA, ive asked a lot of ppl this and am curious to read ur response

what do u think about JUNKHEAD, track 8(or maybe #9) off DIRT

good to see someone on here who listens to REAL music, but did u read the responses u got? people talking about simple plan, dashboard confessional and mudvayne? hey ppl i thought it said underrated bands not MTV-hyped bullshit & seriosuly just cuz a million ppl like it doesnt mean its good.

anyway....

Spider
Oct 14, 2003, 06:51 AM
On 2003-10-13 20:47, TyroneBiggums wrote:
hey ppl i thought it said underrated bands not MTV-hyped bullshit

I wouldn't really call Tool underated, an underated band in my opinion is a band hardly anyone has heard of and is good.

I've never really listened to Tool but what I have seen on TV seems rather over produced, although I have heard they are ok live.

Kent
Oct 14, 2003, 07:58 AM
On 2003-10-11 19:32, Demonslayer wrote:

On 2003-10-05 08:01, Kent wrote:

Damn right aerosmith kicks ass. Most old bands are underated.

Finally, another person who can actually appreciate this artform.

TyroneBiggums
Oct 14, 2003, 10:26 AM
On 2003-10-14 04:51, Spider wrote:

I wouldn't really call Tool underated, an underated band in my opinion is a band hardly anyone has heard of and is good.

I've never really listened to Tool but what I have seen on TV seems rather over produced, although I have heard they are ok live.

My point wasn't that TooL is underrated but rather that the bands other ppl were naming were the exact opposite. Besides, a lot of ppl may know who they are but not many recognize the fact that they are one of the few bands out there pushing the limits of rock music. Most bands nowadays are just trying to copy korn or linkin park b/c the sound is popular. TooL makes music because they are actual musicians, + when u listen to one of their albums for the first time u know that it will be unlike anything u have heard before.

In response to the second part of your post, whats the point of commenting on music that you've "never really listened to"?? and overproduced thats funny cuz if u ever saw them live you would see that everything u hear on CD sounds just like it does in person including Maynards voice, in some ways it sounds even better. Anyway if youre going to say something about a band as good as TooL id hope that u would at least take the time to listen to it first.

BogusKun
Oct 14, 2003, 11:33 AM
Here's one...

Malice Mizer.

Old Asian rock group.

PontiusR
Oct 14, 2003, 01:37 PM
Maynard's voice does sound fucking awesome live, especially on Third Eye. Anything off there live CD Salival is the closest thing to heaven on earth.

I prefer Aenima to Undertow most of the time, and my least favorite song of Aenima may have to be (not counting th filler tracks like Useful Idiot) maybe Hooker with a Penis...I mean all the songs are great but that one is my least favorite. Undertow was great, but it wasn't quite as creative. However, Prison Sex has to be one of my favorite older Tool songs and I like Undertow (the song) as well.

Junkhead is OK, its not my fav off Dirt...that would probably be either Down in a Hole or Would?. But anything by AIC is really really good.

PontiusR
Oct 14, 2003, 01:47 PM
Oh yeah, it is easy to think that they're overproduced because of the way that Adam plays guitar and it is hard to believe Maynard's voice is that good, but its all true! They even improvise their songs live to make them even better! Danny kicks ass!

OK that's enough for one day, thanks.

TyroneBiggums
Oct 16, 2003, 04:16 AM
Hearing Stinkfist with the breakdown they do live was fucking sick. Undertow became one of my favorite TooL songs after they played it at a concert i saw a couple yrs ago.

Salival is awesome no quarter + third eye r my favorite tracks. hearing one of tools songs live is almost like listening to it for the first time + the sound quality on that cd is amazing. i wonder if theyll be touring again soon but im not even sure they will release another album ive only got to see them live twice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TyroneBiggums on 2003-10-16 02:24 ]</font>

Spider
Oct 16, 2003, 05:31 AM
True, comenting on a band I've never sat there and listened to is silly, but I could easily find shitloads of awesome bands no one has heard of, plus for me to like a non local band they have to be REALY good, like Less Than Jake which I see again tomorrow night http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PontiusR
Oct 16, 2003, 01:43 PM
On 2003-10-16 02:16, TyroneBiggums wrote:
Hearing Stinkfist with the breakdown they do live was fucking sick. Undertow became one of my favorite TooL songs after they played it at a concert i saw a couple yrs ago.

Salival is awesome no quarter + third eye r my favorite tracks. hearing one of tools songs live is almost like listening to it for the first time + the sound quality on that cd is amazing. i wonder if theyll be touring again soon but im not even sure they will release another album ive only got to see them live twice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TyroneBiggums on 2003-10-16 02:24 ]</font>

Yeah, Salival is awesome, and Third Eye is definitely my fav. No Quarter is awesome but I also like You Lied on there, its got really good bass lines. I've seen them 3 times (counting Ozzfest) and they amaze me every time.

muff
Oct 16, 2003, 02:14 PM
On 2003-10-13 16:34, PABLOparavida wrote:

*Pushes pablo aside*

Anyway, I think Cave-in are quite good. I saw them at a foo fighters concert, I dont know if they are big or anything, as I very rarely watch tv nowadays http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spider
Oct 17, 2003, 05:57 PM
Less Than Jake were fucking mad last night, got some sexual pics, also Gyroscope a band that supported them were pretty sweet, scored a CD, photo and the manager gave me "his card" woah I feel like a big man now!
Also scared Roger from LTJ half to shit when I saw him!

PontiusR
Oct 17, 2003, 10:41 PM
Personalized concerts...you know where the band actually addresses you are the best.

When I saw Hum way back when I got to hang out with them and we even went out to Red Lobster or some shit like that afterwards...that goes down as one of my favorite concert memories of course...

odie2088
Oct 18, 2003, 02:05 AM
WHAT?!? NO ONE HAS HEARD OF EVERCLEAR?!? WTF?! d0000d.......thats insane...everclear, daft punk, gorillaz, the pillows (FURI KURI! FLCL PWNZ J00 F00!) and last but not least....well...THERE ISNT ONE! EVERCLEAR PWNZ! so there!

p.s.
..........EVERCLEAR IS UBER PWNAGE J00 F00!

Spider
Oct 18, 2003, 06:02 PM
Yeah, hanging out with band members is realy sweet even just having a chat with em after (or before) a gig, especially if you idolise them heaps, Before Less Than Jake the other night I saw the lead singer from Goldfinger doing an animal activist thing on George street in Sydney, that was pretty crazy.

Spider
Oct 20, 2003, 06:35 AM
Probobly a bit late, but I finaly got some pics of Less Than Jake gig up! http://tst01.freeservers.com/03_10_18_lessthanjake.htm (dont click ont he links up top, none work exept forum)

HotWaterDeath
Oct 20, 2003, 09:12 AM
John Feldman!? Ick! I'm sorry but the new record just didn't do it for me. I'm all about animal rights and such, but man some people just need to cool it...namingly John Feldman.

I hear LTJ is touring around with Good Charlotte nowadays, well then again so was Roger Miret and The Disasters..and that about made me piss my pants (It wasn't out of excitement mind you). What ever happened to the blissful days of LTJ, Ann Beretta tours? What's with all the "ska" bands nowadays that try their hardest not to "sound" like a ska band? If you got the brass, then freaking use it. That's my motto anyway.

BogusKun
Oct 20, 2003, 11:30 AM
On 2003-10-18 00:05, odie2088 wrote:
WHAT?!? NO ONE HAS HEARD OF EVERCLEAR?!? WTF?! d0000d.......thats insane...everclear, daft punk, gorillaz, the pillows (FURI KURI! FLCL PWNZ J00 F00!) and last but not least....well...THERE ISNT ONE! EVERCLEAR PWNZ! so there!

p.s.
..........EVERCLEAR IS UBER PWNAGE J00 F00!

Vietnamese people love Everclear. 9/10 of them I asked say they did.

StrongBad
Oct 20, 2003, 08:03 PM
Daft Punk is Ok, and Gorillaz are just annoying. The other ones I haven't heard of.

Delsaber
Oct 20, 2003, 08:10 PM
I meet the members of Flaw, I don't even know their names, I just like most of their songs. They were a locate band, then they made it sorta big...

Spider
Oct 21, 2003, 05:33 AM
On 2003-10-20 07:12, HotWaterDeath wrote:

I hear LTJ is touring around with Good Charlotte nowadays, well then again so was Roger Miret and The Disasters..and that about made me piss my pants (It wasn't out of excitement mind you). What ever happened to the blissful days of LTJ, Ann Beretta tours? What's with all the "ska" bands nowadays that try their hardest not to "sound" like a ska band? If you got the brass, then freaking use it. That's my motto anyway.

Couldn't give a poo bum who they have toured with, Front Foot Forward have played with Powderfinger and you dont hear me saying how shit they are, Less Than Jake sound fucking awesome and its the first time they've hit Australia for like 4 years, and fuck they played good! saw em twice, once at Livid, and once at Manly.

HotWaterDeath
Oct 22, 2003, 09:37 AM
On 2003-10-21 03:33, Spider wrote:

Couldn't give a poo bum who they have toured with, Front Foot Forward have played with Powderfinger and you dont hear me saying how shit they are, Less Than Jake sound fucking awesome and its the first time they've hit Australia for like 4 years, and fuck they played good! saw em twice, once at Livid, and once at Manly.

[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, LTJ still rocks it like a banshee...even if their new material isn't quite up to snuff, per se. I thought that taking the sax player from one of the greatest third wave ska bands (Spring Heeled Jack) would give LTJ a boot back into some solid third wave ground (Apparently not). I just wish more bands I like would band together for their tours. Speaking of which, I'd be pleased beyond measure if Anti-Flag would bow out of the Rise Against, None More Black tour.....and they got say...the Mad Caddies.

Omni-SqwirL
Oct 22, 2003, 11:42 AM
On 2003-10-16 12:14, muff wrote:

On 2003-10-13 16:34, PABLOparavida wrote:

*Pushes pablo aside*

Anyway, I think Cave-in are quite good. I saw them at a foo fighters concert, I dont know if they are big or anything, as I very rarely watch tv nowadays http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I didnt' see Cave-in, but they play a lot here in Birmingham (Alabama). I heard from all my friends they were really really good.

Dream Theater - Their stuff has never been played on the radio. A bit unheard of, but the most musically talented band I have heard. I use to be a huge Tool fan, but when I heard Dream Theater, I changed my mind. Sorry guys!

OnnaWren
Oct 22, 2003, 01:54 PM
Oingo Boingo has to be one of the most underrrated bands (punk-influential) of the last twenty years! Damn, I miss them... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

SpikeOtacon
Oct 22, 2003, 02:58 PM
Wrenchhead
More power to the ducttape!!!

PontiusR
Oct 23, 2003, 05:28 AM
Wait...I like Dream Theater and Tool at the same time...I just like Tool more. Though I must admit I find Dream Theater's drummer to be pretty good, Danny Carrey still is my favorite.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PontiusR on 2003-10-23 03:30 ]</font>

LordCronai
Oct 23, 2003, 06:56 PM
Rage Against the Machine frickin' owns, especially the S/T album. I don't like the Audioslave stuff very much except for a few songs, it's just not the same without Zach...oh well.
I like pretty much any form or shape of rock n' roll from any time period, but one underrated band that comes to mind is Everclear...well, they're underrated in my town anyway.

StrongBad
Oct 24, 2003, 12:24 AM
Brand New and Sparta are pretty good also.

ImStillBetterThanU
Oct 24, 2003, 06:33 AM
London After Midnight and Zeromancer.

martian_man
Oct 24, 2003, 09:45 AM
4ft fingers
rage against the machine
less than jake
box car racer (kinda)
system of a down (they just own)
whitmore

ALLLLL underrated....dont bother me

forgetxmyface
Oct 25, 2003, 02:58 PM
Well my taste will probably be way off from the rest of you all, but this is what I think;

Underoath-so much emotion, great lyrics, incredible live show

Hopesfall-have to check out more towards their older albums, but again alot of emotion and a great live show

Just because i'm too lazy to type out more desriptions ill just list some more:
everytime I die, from autumn to ashes(kind of leaking on mtv2 now), a jealousy issue, poison the well(well known, but still incredible) + many more.

OSL00004
Oct 25, 2003, 03:29 PM
On 2003-10-05 14:46, ginko990 wrote:
Dispatch, I don't watch MTV so I don't know if they've been on it. I've never heard them on the radio though. I like them.

Aww man, Dispatch... Love that band. Recently, however, I had heard some troubling news- they may be breaking up. This could be total bull, but I thought i should contribute my two cents.

The underated band I would like to bring to the party - Armor For Sleep. Slip Like Stars is the greatest Emo song I have ever heard. Ever. Have you heard of them? NO! Okay, I assumed that, which I realize gets me no where... but... ARMOR FOR SLEEP!!

P.S. My favorite song of all time is Flying Horses by Dispatch. So good...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OSL00004 on 2003-10-25 13:35 ]</font>

Spider
Oct 25, 2003, 06:06 PM
Well I'm gonna say Peabody again, the local HIFI finally got there CD in for me, and I'm pretty damn keen to go get it!

forgetxmyface
Oct 27, 2003, 05:10 PM
On 2003-10-25 13:29, OSL00004 wrote:

On 2003-10-05 14:46, ginko990 wrote:

Aww man, Dispatch... Love that band. Recently, however, I had heard some troubling news- they may be breaking up. This could be total bull, but I thought i should contribute my two cents.

. Have you heard of them? NO! Okay, I assumed that, which I realize gets me no where... but... ARMOR FOR SLEEP!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OSL00004 on 2003-10-25 13:35 ]</font>

I wore an Armor For Sleep shirt today http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif