PDA

View Full Version : ATP vs EVP or DFP?

GuerillaPimp
Oct 5, 2003, 04:16 PM
A friend and i were talkin about what determines when you char blocks an enemies oncoming attack. He seems to think its when your chars DFP is higher than the enemies ATP, i say its when your EVP is higher than the enemies ATP. Who is right?

ginko990
Oct 5, 2003, 04:24 PM
EVP determines your blocking.

Uncle_bob
Oct 5, 2003, 05:11 PM
DFP kinda acts like EVP. Let's say Mr.Booma has 100 ATP, you have 101 DFP, your DFP is higher than Mr.Booma's ATP, he can't hit you.
EVP just increases the chance of you blocking regardless of your DFP.

Ketchup345
Oct 5, 2003, 05:16 PM
The chance of an enemy hitting you has to do with their ATA, not ATP. ATP is only the power of the attack, ATA is the accuracy. EVP increases your chance of blocking the attack, DFP decreases the damage you take if you get hit. If you have enough DFP to have an enemy do 0 dmage, you block the attcak (you would probably have enough EVP to block it anyway).

GuerillaPimp
Oct 5, 2003, 05:31 PM
grrr i was wrong! anyway, thanks for the help!

joluh
Oct 5, 2003, 05:32 PM
ATA - Hitting, less you do a lot of miss, high you won't miss a hit
ATP - The higher, the most hp-down you'll do on the enemies
DFP - The higher, the less hp the enemies will take from you per hit
EVP - To block attacks

And btw DFP and EVP doesn't work with Bosses

VulpesMundi
Oct 5, 2003, 06:02 PM
On 2003-10-05 15:32, joluh wrote:

Sure it does, when they have attacks that don't do a set amount of damage. The Dragon stomping on your or falling out of the sky and landing on you, for example, can be defended or blocked if your stats are high enough. Not that your stats will ever be high enough unless you take a high level character against the Normal Dragon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And for the record, DFP and EVP work independently. You get a chance to defend DFP against ATP and to evade EVP against ATA. If you defend, your character will do a block animation and get pushed back (just as if you were getting hit by an attack). If you evade, your character will do a block animation and stand her/his ground.

ilr2000
Oct 5, 2003, 06:31 PM
On 2003-10-05 16:02, VulpesMundi wrote:
Sure it does, when they have attacks that don't do a set amount of damage. The Dragon stomping on your or falling out of the sky and landing on you, for example, can be defended or blocked if your stats are high enough. Not that your stats will ever be high enough unless you take a high level character against the Normal Dragon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And for the record, DFP and EVP work independently. You get a chance to defend DFP against ATP and to evade EVP against ATA. If you defend, your character will do a block animation and get pushed back (just as if you were getting hit by an attack). If you evade, your character will do a block animation and stand her/his ground.

This is what I thought. Because in ruins if a FO casts high level Jellen on the Arlans and Merlans, I block all of their shots.

This kinda raises another question of mine: How worthless is EVP? I mean.. enemy ATA must be DAAAAAAAAAAMN high, because my EVP goes up and up but it doesn't seem to do a bit of difference where it'd really count... which is the hard levels. I dont care if I can dodge attacks in forest.. big deal.

SpyroDi
Oct 5, 2003, 06:46 PM
On 2003-10-05 16:02, VulpesMundi wrote:

On 2003-10-05 15:32, joluh wrote:

There have also been instances to where I block Gal Gryphon's attacks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PABLOparavida
Oct 5, 2003, 08:01 PM
evp=blocks def=less damage you take.

joluh
Oct 5, 2003, 08:53 PM
Oh sorry i didn't explain myself too well, i was talking about the TECHS, there's no way to block them ¬_¬' and their DFP would be the ETH or something like that, you can only make them higher with shields, armors and units

vegeta000110
Oct 5, 2003, 09:14 PM
OK, so how exactly can you figure out how much ATP or ATA you need to make every one (or at least 85% or so) of your hits on an enemy succeed? I'm wondering because my Hune is having a hard time in ult caves at 94 and the miss-miss-hit thing gets me ticked.

opaopajr
Oct 6, 2003, 06:15 AM
=D you should be higher than lvl 94 to get more reliable hits. a shifta can help a bit too.

but what helps the most is a red-highlighted special weapon. for some reason their ATA bonuses completely overshadow gold-highlighted special weapons.

if you have a red-higlight special weapon, and can cast shifta, and still have trouble 2/3 of the time then it's an issue of your level.

ps: after lvl 100 your next few lvl up stat increases seem to make up for a lot lost time. lvl 100-110 or so seems to give you some great stat jumps, something i've noticed in my games.

rena-ko
Oct 6, 2003, 07:05 AM
like vulpes pointed out.

evp makes enemies miss you (cancels out their ata)
dfp makes enemies do less damage (cancels out their atp).

its easy math/logics.

having high evp might seem to not be worth on the first sight but when you plan on going on high level, like 180 or even 200 you'll be happy not to have wasted too much materials in only def and atp. imho a good balance is better than some atp-chara.

Kent
Oct 6, 2003, 01:25 PM
As has been pointed out by others:

DFP determines how much damage reduction you get (not a hard number) factored into successful oncoming, physical, non-constant attacks.

EVP is how well your character can evade (block, deflect) enemy physical, non-constant attacks (again, not a hard number).

Lede
Oct 6, 2003, 01:48 PM
Power is nothing if you do not have the defense to back it up. only true warriors know this.