PDA

View Full Version : Why dis PSOX

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 5, 2003, 10:02 PM
why is it that everyone hates PSOX and xbox in general. sure PSOGC has all the quests but i mean you dont all always have to rub in the face of PSOX. its not our fault were behind the times. if it werent for the quests pSOx would be the better bet would't you agree? i mean voice chat sure is a lot more usefull than typing. PSOdc was hell at time when u needed to ask for an item in the middle of a battle, when in PSOX you could just speak and people will hear u. and when people say that PSOX is dead. in the past couple weeks the ships have started to become flooded again with people.

Note: im sorry if this topic is pointless but just sometimes GC fanboys just infuriate me with their staements. CAN'T WE JUST BE A HAPPY PSO COMMUNITY?

AquaFlare7
Oct 5, 2003, 10:13 PM
no.

Just kidding. But actually, I don't think one system is better than the other. If you like PSOX then play PSOX and don't let nobodies smack talk get you down. But as for using the true chat rather than text, I dont know. I mean so far I wanted to punch everyone who used microphone option in other online games because they sounded so friggin gay. If you dont sound gay, then good for you!

WootHinkInc
Oct 5, 2003, 10:17 PM
I think the reason being is that Sega doesn't want to do anything about the hacks and problems PSOX is having.

PSOX is more hacked the PSO Ver. 2 on DC I have heard. Because X-Box has a Hard Drive it's alot easier to hack. About the Mic, I personally would choose a Keyboard over it. Since I have heard rumors of mostly n00bs screaming into the Mic, and I just like typing. I have also heard that there is alot of pure assholes on there, but I wouldn't know. I think PSOX is pretty cool offline, since I played my friends X-Box version. As far as game play, it's just as good as GC, except GC is ALOT less hacked, and I love the controller on the GC, 10x better then the X-Box's in my opinion.

I am sure the X-Box version is very fun, like PSOGC. But just the rumors I hear...makes me want to avoid it. But it's all good. I think the reason people are saying they hate it is because of the situation on the servers. Just not as fun as PSOGC. But again, I wouldn't know.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 5, 2003, 10:19 PM
well u only sound --- if u want to sound ---. or u can just stick on a voice mask which would make u sound like a man! but oeverall voice is kool, havent u ever wondered what the person behind the character sounds like? =)

*edit by Abdur*
I'm sure you can think of a better description to use than "gay".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-10-06 13:16 ]</font>

WootHinkInc
Oct 5, 2003, 10:21 PM
Not really, lol. I would rather see their texts. I can communicate better by typing anyways.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 5, 2003, 10:34 PM
regards to the hacking on pso, whther u know it or not it is not common at all, most the hacking u see is the %'s on weapons. and with the kids screaming and crap well u can always voice ban them instantly

ginko990
Oct 5, 2003, 11:01 PM
On 2003-10-05 20:17, WootHinkInc wrote:
I think the reason being is that Sega doesn't want to do anything about the hacks and problems PSOX is having.

PSOX is more hacked the PSO Ver. 2 on DC I have heard. Because X-Box has a Hard Drive it's alot easier to hack. About the Mic, I personally would choose a Keyboard over it. Since I have heard rumors of mostly n00bs screaming into the Mic, and I just like typing. I have also heard that there is alot of pure assholes on there, but I wouldn't know. I think PSOX is pretty cool offline, since I played my friends X-Box version. As far as game play, it's just as good as GC, except GC is ALOT less hacked, and I love the controller on the GC, 10x better then the X-Box's in my opinion.

I am sure the X-Box version is very fun, like PSOGC. But just the rumors I hear...makes me want to avoid it. But it's all good. I think the reason people are saying they hate it is because of the situation on the servers. Just not as fun as PSOGC. But again, I wouldn't know.

It is easier to hack than GC, I think. But Gamecube is worse off right now. Because of the horrendous shop glitch. The glitch was fixable on the XBOX because of the harddrive. GC-Everyone and Anyone can cheat. XBOX-Need AR or Mod CHip to cheat.

KingMx
Oct 5, 2003, 11:02 PM
Where do people get the idea that psox is way more hacked? All people can say is it has a hard drive=hacked... PSOX has alot of dupes but not the common psogc problems like multi-equiping, max stats, FSODX. In the end both are screwed when it comes to being hacked.

A2K
Oct 5, 2003, 11:02 PM
Yeah, seriously... people really overplay the severity of cheating on the Xbox version.

primer567
Oct 5, 2003, 11:05 PM
OMG Xbox PSO hacking is no way even near the level of Dreamcast. You guys all base your knowledge on what you hear and misinform everybody. I dont go around blasting rumors of what I heard on GC. You gotta play the game before you can talk shit.

Reece
Oct 6, 2003, 12:28 AM
wow is it just me or is Ginko the other guy and I the only people that have over 50 post in this topic. BTW XBox fan boys bring this up

ginko990
Oct 6, 2003, 01:16 AM
On 2003-10-05 22:28, Reece wrote:
wow is it just me or is Ginko the other guy and I the only people that have over 50 post in this topic. BTW XBox fan boys bring this up

lol...you're right, but so what?

WootHinkInc
Oct 6, 2003, 03:13 AM
I was just basing everything on what I heard, that's all. I don't know for myself. I am sure it's fun and alot more fixable then PSOGC. Just Sega needs to do something about all this no matter what...

L0CKE
Oct 6, 2003, 03:31 AM
Without voice, I wouldn't play period. I am new to PSO via PSOX, and I would have never even picked it up had it not came to xbox. I am what you might call a "Xbox Fanboy" in that I don't play anyother system. I have a PS2, that simply plays DVD's, in the guest bedroom. There are a few games, but nothing other than FFX and GTA that are worth anything. I don't hate the GC, but there are only 2 games that I can think of that I would want to play. PSO and Metriod, and Metroid only because I played the old NES version and loved it. To me the GC games seem rather kiddy and young for my taste. My wife wants one, but that's for Mario party or something like that.
I hate text chat. Drives me crazy. There are annoying kids that scream into the mic, and there are times where the lag is annoying, but without it, PSO would get boring for me. I hate having to stop to talk or when I need something in the middle of a fight, its too big of a pain to type something out. Saying it is just much faster, even with the lag. I avoid the annoying kids by only playing in guild games, which if it wasn't for legit guilds, I'd have been done long ago too.
All in all, I'm for more people playing PSO, because the more people play, the longer ST is going to make quests and support the game. I really would like to see more Xbox people. Even Apatite 1-1 is accessible now at night. Sometimes I'll spawn to 1-2. If it keeps getting worse I'm afraid the ST will shut down Xbox next.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: L0CKE on 2003-10-06 01:32 ]</font>

Coxy
Oct 6, 2003, 07:48 AM
On 2003-10-06 01:31, L0CKE wrote:
Without voice, I wouldn't play period. I am new to PSO via PSOX, and I would have never even picked it up had it not came to xbox. I am what you might call a "Xbox Fanboy" in that I don't play anyother system. I have a PS2, that simply plays DVD's, in the guest bedroom. There are a few games, but nothing other than FFX and GTA that are worth anything. I don't hate the GC, but there are only 2 games that I can think of that I would want to play. PSO and Metriod, and Metroid only because I played the old NES version and loved it. To me the GC games seem rather kiddy and young for my taste. My wife wants one, but that's for Mario party or something like that.
I hate text chat. Drives me crazy. There are annoying kids that scream into the mic, and there are times where the lag is annoying, but without it, PSO would get boring for me. I hate having to stop to talk or when I need something in the middle of a fight, its too big of a pain to type something out. Saying it is just much faster, even with the lag. I avoid the annoying kids by only playing in guild games, which if it wasn't for legit guilds, I'd have been done long ago too.
All in all, I'm for more people playing PSO, because the more people play, the longer ST is going to make quests and support the game. I really would like to see more Xbox people. Even Apatite 1-1 is accessible now at night. Sometimes I'll spawn to 1-2. If it keeps getting worse I'm afraid the ST will shut down Xbox next.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: L0CKE on 2003-10-06 01:32 ]</font>

As a DC vet, you had to learn to type and play at the same time or you were dead and had no communication with your team.

The voice is nice but there are times when i just want to tell people to Fook off, and don't want to talk, in those cases i would rather type and just listen to what they say.

whats wrong with playing with unlegit players?

90% of them, if you ask them, will go and get un hacked stuff to use in your game

ST will still release them - more quests/things to do online = more people joining back up and not wasting their HL

Denny
Oct 6, 2003, 12:15 PM
I'm glad Sonic Team chose not to make PSO Episode 1 and 2 exclusive to the GC. The voice chat really added a lot to the game for me, and I've met more than enough people that have made leveling up to lvl 165 a fun experience. I don't think I would have had the patience to keep playing my GC PSO character this long.

I mainly wish the ignorant GC owners that feel the need to bash the Xbox version would just keep their traps shut and enjoy their version because all they are doing is making normal minded GC PSO players look bad.

Thank goodness not all GC PSO palyers are stuck up little snobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-10-06 10:17 ]</font>

Xion810
Oct 6, 2003, 12:43 PM
PSOGC
99.99 for the console
8.95/mo for the HL
9/mo for internet access (Dialup)
.: 99.99+(8.95+9)X=Y1

PSOX
149.99 for the console (Or is it still 200?)
8.95/mo for the HL
29.95/mo for the Xbox Live! Subscription
50/mo for DSL access
.: 149.99+(8.95+29.95+50)X=Y2

If X=12 (a year's worth of stuff)

Y1 = $315.39
Y2 = $1,216.79

PSOGC is just cheaper.

starhealer
Oct 6, 2003, 12:46 PM
I own the GC PSO, but I've actually gotten playtime on PSOX. Of the two, I prefer CGPSO.

I admit, I went into playing PSOX biased. I've never liked the X-Box and I doubt I'll ever harbor the grand affections for it that I have for my Playstation and Gamecube. Hell, even my Dreamcast. So I went in with negative thoughts.

But it wasn't all terrible. The quickness with which you get online and join games was awesome. After spending so much time on the DC and now Gamecube, waiting for quests to load, the almost nonexistent wait on X-Box was welcome.

The graphics were, of course, nice, but I don't see a massive difference between PSOX and GCPSO. I really don't. They're both pretty.

The voice chat option on the X-Box is fantastic. Don't get me wrong, I love to abuse the Word Select just as much as the next person (well, okay, only to be silly) and I'd prefer typing to people, but for Challenge voice-chat is a godsend. It makes the intense co-op a lot easier and doesn't involve the extra few seconds of typing that can lead to being killed by, say, a Hildebear.

My problem with X-Box were the players. For one, when I did talk to someone using voice-chat, I could barely understand them. It was either too quiet or the people were unintelligable. Also, there was this weird echo that got incredibly annoying.

Perhaps it was just my run, but absolutely no one did Challenge on PSOX. I actually did get a game together and started a run. It was one of the worst runs I've ever done. People fought over items, no one knew where to go and they tried to kill everything in rooms you were supposed to ignore. Since I knew what I was doing, I did my best to lead the team, telling them where to go, when to run, etc. but most of the time they didn't listen and went and did their own thing anyway.

In the end, we never made it to the Dragon.

I tried playing an open game and there was no cooperation among those that joined. It was a massive lack of teamwork. They also yelled a lot and got mad at me if I used the keyboard.

So overall, I had a bad experience, which taints my view of PSOX. I'm not saying everyone experiences that, but it's where my own personal feelings toward the game come into play. And yes, I've dealt with idiots on Gamecube as well, but at least I have a handful of people I'm capable of playing with when it comes down to it.

I don't want to knock PSOX, but I don't think I'll have be able to really like it, either.

Kent
Oct 6, 2003, 01:14 PM
On 2003-10-06 10:43, Xion810 wrote:
PSOX
8.95/mo for the HL
50/mo for DSL access

You figures are grossly incorrect. Xbox Live is not $29.95/month, you just pulled that one out of your ass to try and make it look bad. Xbox Live is $50/year. $50/month for DSL is extremely overpriced, I get my broadband for half that, and it isn't even low-end.

A more accurate approximation for one year of PSOX is approximately $608, but that's considering you buy an Xbox just for PSO (which is pretty stupid), and have no other use for your internet connection. Most likely, people aren't going to get all this stuff just for PSO, but more likely, for all the Xbox Live and PC games they to play online.

UntouchableC
Oct 6, 2003, 01:32 PM
On 2003-10-06 10:43, Xion810 wrote:
PSOGC
99.99 for the console
8.95/mo for the HL
9/mo for internet access (Dialup)
.: 99.99+(8.95+9)X=Y1

PSOX
8.95/mo for the HL
50/mo for DSL access

Y1 = $315.39
Y2 = $1,216.79

PSOGC is just cheaper.

oh dear god.....how bias is that? firstly XboxLive is 29.95 a year, first mistake

Secondly if you are on the GC some may have a DSL.

Thirdly the XboxLive Subcription isnt just for PSOX. Its for all XboxLive games thus meaning that most people with XBoxLive will have another XBoxLive game.

Forthly you forgot the special modem which you need to play it on the GC... BroadBand or Dialup.

Now would you pay a one off extra for one online game (That being PSOGC at the mo, or yearly for loads of Xbox Live game)

ahh hell I could go on, but lets just sort out your prices.....

PSOGC
99.99 for the console
8.95/mo for the HL
9/mo for internet access (Dialup) or 25/mo for DSL
20 for the Broadband/Dialup GC modem
.: 99.99+20+(8.95+9)X=Y1 or
.: 99.99+20+(8.95+50)X=Y1

we wont include the keyboard, but I'm unaware how much that is in the US

PSOX
8.95/mo for the HL
29.95/year for the Xbox Live! Subscription
25/mo for DSL access

Y1 = $335.39 (Dialup) or $527.39 (DSL)
Y2 = $606.99 407.4

Thus making is cheaper on GC on Dialup and DSL.
Included in the XBox is the inclusion for further use of Online games and the Microsoft Services, a HeadSet. Online Demos. for $70 more

Now thats a more reaonsable price. I think you gettin ripped off

Coxy
Oct 6, 2003, 01:41 PM
On 2003-10-06 11:32, UntouchableC wrote:

oh dear god.....how bias is that? firstly XboxLive is 29.95 a year, first mistake

Secondly if you are on the GC some may have a DSL.

Thirdly the XboxLive Subcription isnt just for PSOX. Its for all XboxLive games thus meaning that most people with XBoxLive will have another XBoxLive game.

Forthly you forgot the special modem which you need to play it on the GC... BroadBand or Dialup.

Now would you pay a one off extra for one online game (That being PSOGC at the mo, or yearly for loads of Xbox Live game)

ahh hell I could go on, but lets just sort out your prices.....

PSOGC
99.99 for the console
8.95/mo for the HL
9/mo for internet access (Dialup) or 25/mo for DSL
20 for the Broadband/Dialup GC modem
.: 99.99+20+(8.95+9)X=Y1 or
.: 99.99+20+(8.95+50)X=Y1

we wont include the keyboard, but I'm unaware how much that is in the US

PSOX
8.95/mo for the HL
29.95/year for the Xbox Live! Subscription
25/mo for DSL access

Y1 = $335.39 (Dialup) or $527.39 (DSL)
Y2 = $606.99 407.4

Thus making is cheaper on GC on Dialup and DSL.
Included in the XBox is the inclusion for further use of Online games and the Microsoft Services, a HeadSet. Online Demos. for $70 more

Now thats a more reaonsable price. I think you gettin ripped off

20 quid off the price of the console there mate, my bro brought one from game yesterday for 129.99

UntouchableC
Oct 6, 2003, 01:49 PM
exactly.....so whoever that fool was who made that seriously biased comment needs to be slapped http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. The Price (if anything would favour to XBox). No I'm not an Xbox Fan boy, I dont discriminate on consoles but to make an comment such as that maybe is a little ermmm....weak?

Both XBox and GC has its advantages and disadvatages especially in terms of communication, but as an owner of the DC version I really couldnt give a ****. Some like keyboards some like talkin so I tell ya what.

For those GC fans who think typings best, get a XBox Keyboard for the XBox Fanboys for christmas....and those XBox Fans who think talking is better, get the GC Fanboys an......errr.......ummmm. Well teach 'em how to shout at the screen maybe they could still hear you. hehehe. just a little joke there.

Please focus on other flaws in the games

Coxy
Oct 6, 2003, 01:56 PM
yeah, i have the DC too, and as i said, sometimes i wish i could use the keyboard because i can't be arsed to talk or i don't want to wear the headset (hope they design a new one soon, it can get a little haevy on teh ears)

Denny
Oct 6, 2003, 02:42 PM
When it comes to the Xbox vs GC versions of PSO pricing, you can't listen to many of the Nintendo fans here. They'll come up with so much BS that it isn't even funny.

Kuai
Oct 6, 2003, 02:44 PM
XBOX is better plain and simple. in the end both will have the same amount of quests ect. which is the only thing that seperates them right now. XBOX has voice chat no corruption an all broadband community less viable cheating (shop glitch) and downloadable quests. now what does GC have? uhh free minigames. oh boy!

WootHinkInc
Oct 6, 2003, 02:45 PM
I think the X-Box would be really cool if you didn't have to purchase a HL. The whole X-Box Live thing is cool, get it and you can play every online game without extra price...well, besides PSO.

ancutcho
Oct 6, 2003, 06:27 PM
Can you guys tell me how xbox is more hacked than gamecube? I mean xbox u can hack weapons with 100% on everything but is that as bad as equipping 1000 weapons and maxing your stats out at lv.1? Someone who plays psogc please answer this.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 6, 2003, 08:56 PM
lol this turned into a cat fight. oh and im not a XBOX fanboy. im a ps2 racist =)

Denny
Oct 6, 2003, 09:05 PM
Umm....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-10-06 19:08 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 6, 2003, 09:14 PM
umm... HI.

I need way more friends on PSOX, havent gone freind searching 4 like 3 months.

AzNrarehunter
Oct 6, 2003, 10:08 PM
i've had concerns with psoX. there were problems with voice cuz of echos and breathing and screaming kids who are actually adults. i've seen illusion a few times in game and as i recall that in 1 post in this site he had a image he took saying "fuck sega cuz llusion says so" hacking can be a issue though i had been posting that junk. i might have a chance that i will come back to psoX maybe christmas after my new gamertag is created. i had travel room by room, trade by trade and had people saying i already have it. that made me pissed and had fsod a million times and never got corrupted. i for one didn't like the al rappy issue where anyone can have it at lvl 1. mostly i want to get friends and that it was the purpose of xbox live. to make friends and sometimes create rivals.

Rogue100
Oct 6, 2003, 10:13 PM
We shouldn't really even be counting the system, or the cost of an internet connection in general, because almost no one buys a system for just a single game, and almost no one signs up for an internet connection for just a single game. If you can afford to do either of those things, money must not be an issue for you. The HL's cancel each other out, except for the fact that GC only got one month free (correct me if that's a mistake), and the XBox got two months free. Basically then, for one year of the game, what it comes down to is the price of the online adaptor, at $35 for either version, for the GC plus that extra month's cost of $9 making a total of $44, versus the 50 a year for XBox Live. This makes for a grand total difference of just six dollars over the course of a single year. Not enough to really justify making a big deal over the price of one version compared to the other.

Coxy
Oct 7, 2003, 01:26 PM
On 2003-10-06 20:13, Rogue100 wrote:
We shouldn't really even be counting the system, or the cost of an internet connection in general, because almost no one buys a system for just a single game, and almost no one signs up for an internet connection for just a single game. If you can afford to do either of those things, money must not be an issue for you. The HL's cancel each other out, except for the fact that GC only got one month free (correct me if that's a mistake), and the XBox got two months free. Basically then, for one year of the game, what it comes down to is the price of the online adaptor, at $35 for either version, for the GC plus that extra month's cost of $9 making a total of $44, versus the 50 a year for XBox Live. This makes for a grand total difference of just six dollars over the course of a single year. Not enough to really justify making a big deal over the price of one version compared to the other.

what are you talking about? most people here are young, they have parents or otehr relatives who buy the console for them and supply them with the internet connection. they probably have to pay the HL out of whatever pocket money they get

Naagata_Clan
Oct 7, 2003, 02:01 PM
First I want to say a few things...

For the person who thought that Gamecube games were too kiddy... I think in a way to counter that out from what I've noticed, all the new "Resident Evil" games are GameCube Exclusives. Capcom also released PN03 (or something like that) which is also another GC exclusive. I suppose they are doing that to taylor some games to the older audience... but yes, most of them are rather childish, no? (Like the evil evil Mario Sunshine)

Second... I'd have to say... yes, I think that most of the PSO players circulating aren't paying for it themselves. They are diggin into mom and/or dad's wallet to pay for it all, so price really shouldn't be an issue here...

Third... I realize that there are "fanboys" and "loyalists" in this crowd, so one can only expect this topic to become a giant catfight...

My personal opinion on the whole "GC vs. X-box PSO" thing is as simple as "you like what you like". X-box PSO in my experiences was amazing as far as being able to join games almost instantly, virtually no quest downloads, and not having to risk FSOD in any ways shape or form. Drawbacks to it are the fact that my first time playing it, I already began to see the "cheating" that occurs. I forget which server I played by I joined a game with some lvl 2-5 people... and there were 2 RAmarls doing 100+ damage per hit with Vulcans... kind of odd... because they weren't even rare mechs. The voices of people were rather annoying, in there demanding of rares... As far as people claiming "X-box is better because of voice" you can claim that, but for people that don't say much...(Like me) voice chat doesn't really matter. Oh... and I also tried challenge mode, and it became "everyone for themselves" mode rather than a team effort... (I tried it about 10 times mind you...)

Gamecube has its own major duping problems, which cannot be ruled out! The sloppy job of sonic team and their patches causes us much misery with FSOD and FSOD-X. We have to constantly deal with people joining our games and flooding our screen with Speech bubbles of them asking for rares, TPs, S/D, Resta... crud like that. Plus our inability to mute those annoying SoB's can get very irritating. We have load times, and we have no voice support. however, its more friendly to a player like me, who PSO-Role plays. Each character has 'personalities' so to speak, and I just love responding to things with "...". People that play challenge mode actually work as a team, making the task so much easier, because we distribute stuff to the people that need them. It also made things a little easier to sort out when talking in a lobby and such...

Even though I named more good for X-box I stay with my GC version because of the good that I named. I will NOT deny that both versions have their ups and their downs, but I ask that we PLEASE stop bashing on another over "which one is better." Just everyone... respect each other opinions on the matter... because no one is "stupid" for liking one version over the other. Remember... One person's black may be another person's white... it's all a matter of "perception"

Rogue100
Oct 7, 2003, 02:01 PM
what are you talking about? most people here are young, they have parents or otehr relatives who buy the console for them and supply them with the internet connection. they probably have to pay the HL out of whatever pocket money they get

Exactly, for those people who have other people to buy them their systems/internet, money is obviously not a consideration, and I've already pointed out that except for one month, the HL's pretty much cancel each other out!

primer567
Oct 7, 2003, 09:50 PM
i've seen illusion a few times in game and as i recall that in 1 post in this site he had a image he took saying "fuck sega cuz llusion says so"
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/nN%20ortO%20n%204%204/fsega.jpg

ChokingVictim
Oct 7, 2003, 10:28 PM
i'm actually a controller-s fanboy... now i haven't played the cube's controller that much. but i really hate the button layout, the damn thing is tiny, and oh god that cheap feeling c-stick bugs the hell outta me. once again let me profess my love of the N64 controller before anyone gets all 'MS fanboy!' on me. i also don't really care for the PS dual shock. i dug the DCs. i dunno ...maybe i got big hands...
i just have it in my head from those few times i have used the cube controller like i could snap it in 2 or have it shatter in pieces if i threw it across the room. any of the xbox controllers convey this sort of industrial grade durability to me. but i suppose that's merely a matter of aethetics and opinion.

on another note, being one of those drinking and smoking types... you cannot beat xbox live. juggling a controller, a cigarette, and a keyboard sounds like a royal pain for any nic fitting gamer. and drunken typing is a helluava lot worse than drunken talking... much more entertaining as well. drunken typing is incomprehenisble, but not in a funny way. slurred speech on XBL is somewhat comprehensible in a sad but funny way.

i'll buy a cube sometime in the future... buying metroid prime and zelda alone would make the system worth buying if those were the only games you ever got for it. i'd have to ease up on my 'controallah hatin' however, i realize. online gaming is the future of consoles, MS had the gameplan, sony gave themselves the ability to adapt to the situation well, and nintendo dropped the ball in their half-assed attempt at online gaming. the old expression 'sh!t or get off the pot' comes to mind. nintendo's first party games can't be beat, and from my understanding, online gaming in japan just really isn't as common as the states given their propensity for keitais or whatever the hell they call their uber cell phones. so nintendo is doing well to take care of its primary market, Japan. xbox is doing a great job taking care of their primary market, the states (but sucking proverbial chode in japan.) sony's got their ass covered on both ends better than nintendo in jp or MS in the states.

MS is still the wild card right now. we'll see if they're truly a contender when the xbox2 and ps3 go head to head... and if Nintendo's core base can keep them in the hardware business with their next system.

in the end the consumer benefits the most, competition only drives them harder. ultimately we get the better end of the deal...

you can hate whatever you want, just have reasons better than 'kiddie GAYmecube!!!' or 'damn xbox (insert stupid leet-speak type lines here).' don't like a system? fine. just form a semi coherent rationale for your judgement.

i'm sure there are more than a few folks who form a thought out opinion of why they hate the xbox, that's great. But my weapon of choice is the big black box for reasons scattered throughout my ramblings.

Having 3 major players right now is cause for some great game releases these days. I would hate to see Nintendo leave the hardware game down the line. Dropping to the rock bottom price of $99 must be making quite the few royal and loyal nintendo fan sweat a few bullet, and yes i do realize sony and MS have sweetened the pot with their systems as well. If they can't bait buyers with a choice of one of several top notch games with the system for $150, it becomes clear that nintendo is going after the 80 dollar difference between them and the other as a selling point for the holiday. This may win over some parents looking to save a buck. But to me it kinda reeks of desperation. To the more online mindful, the $200 Sony combo and the $180 xbox combo are a little more desireable. ATV probably outweighs the Clone Wars and Tetris combined as a value. Then it comes down to PS2's library, some great mass appeal titles, great exclusivity deals, and other objective reasons versus XBLive, Internal 8gig hard drive, a very promising stable of future games and other objective factors.

oh christ, i need to stop rambling...
i'd like to think i brought up a lot of good points for discussion, although my meandering writing style leaves a bit to be desired.

-end-

M_BlackHawk
Oct 7, 2003, 10:30 PM
The only problem I have with PSOX is that only a select few are able to use Xbox LIVE, determined by your geographical location.

I live in the country, and happen to like it here. However, I can't get DSL or Cable modem service because the service isn't available in my region. I've called and called till I'm BLUE IN THE FRAKKIN FACE, and no one will run a DSL service or Cable lines in this area. I'd love to get a broadband connection, but it seems it'll take an act of God himself to get it done here.

Microsoft may have a better online network for gaming, but this broadband restriction keeps people who want to get into a game of PSO or MechAssault or even Ghost Recon on Xbox from it, because they don't have broadband access.

I'd buy an Xbox for PSOX, MechAssault, Ghost Recon, and even NFL Fever if I could play them online. Without the online play, it's not worth the expense. My point is, Microsoft needs to rethink this whole "Let's leave everyone out that doesn't want to live in a major city" idea of theirs....or phone companies and cable companies should just go ahead and run their broadband services to these unfortunate areas. The profit is there, and people WILL use the product. They just need to take the initiative to run the service out here.

later

M_BlackHawk

Rogue100
Oct 8, 2003, 02:34 AM
I'd buy an Xbox for PSOX, MechAssault, Ghost Recon, and even NFL Fever if I could play them online. Without the online play, it's not worth the expense. My point is, Microsoft needs to rethink this whole "Let's leave everyone out that doesn't want to live in a major city" idea of theirs....or phone companies and cable companies should just go ahead and run their broadband services to these unfortunate areas. The profit is there, and people WILL use the product. They just need to take the initiative to run the service out here.

I think the blame here should not be on MS, as the reason for the Broadband only restriction is to ensure a higher quality gaming network, which I believe they have been reasonably successful at, and not any concious effort to keep any possible customers away. Blame the Broadband service companies instead.

Coxy
Oct 8, 2003, 02:45 AM
On 2003-10-07 20:28, ChokingVictim wrote: God that was long http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

anyway, where does the EU fit in then? As bloody usual, we are forgotten http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

M_BlackHawk
Oct 8, 2003, 09:55 AM
On 2003-10-08 00:34, Rogue100 wrote:

I think the blame here should not be on MS, as the reason for the Broadband only restriction is to ensure a higher quality gaming network, which I believe they have been reasonably successful at, and not any concious effort to keep any possible customers away. Blame the Broadband service companies instead.

As I said, and this will be my FINAL post on this matter, as it's a MAJOR sore spot for me, Microsoft may have the better online gaming network, but it's the fact that a lot of areas don't have access to broadband technologies that's keeping a lot of potential gamers off of Xbox LIVE.

I would LOVE to be able to hit a game of NFL Fever, MechAssault or PSOX after work. God knows my job is stressful enough that a good online game would do me some good when I get home. The problem is, no matter how much I talk, or who I talk to, these companies that provide broadband services won't listen. The money is here to be made in these rural areas. Especially on cable modem service, as that also brings cable TV service, more channels, and better programming choices than just CBS, NBC, UPN, FOX and ABC. The fact that these companies are just too pigheaded to realize that there IS MONEY TO BE MADE in rural America just burns me to no end. I don't know what else to do, because I've talked so much that the phone company (Bellsouth) and cable company in this area (Time Warner) won't even take my calls. I've honestly talked till I'm blue in the damn face since 1998, and nothing's been done about it.

You can see where this is a sore subject, eh? Someone mentioned "Where does Europe fit into this equation?" My question is, "Where does ANY rural area fit into this equation?" I'll tell you where. In the "Ignore" catagory.

later

one pissed off M_BlackHawk

Link00seven
Oct 8, 2003, 11:24 AM
Well Well Well, looks like we have a little fight over here. Well, I guess its time to add my imput.

I played both PSO GC and PSOX. I perfer PSO GC. Why? Well, first of all, which I didnt see anyone metion, is the Regional Block. PSOX has that stupid block, to where you can only play with the US, or if you have JP PSOX, play with JP, same with EU. Gamecube is all open, and I love that. It wouldnt be PSO if I couldn't play with all the JP and EU players.

Being a DC Vet, I've learned how to use the keyboard efficently with PSO, so that doesnt affect me. I tried the voice when I did play PSOX, and, its not the game..its the people. I mean, all people did was scream into the mic, and then many you couldnt even understand. Sorry, I'll stick to a keyboard.

Another gripe with PSOX was the lack of C-mode players. I think I found one cmode game in my 2 free months of PSOX. Uhh that dont cut it when you really enjoy cmode as I do. The one cmode game I did find, the players were total newbies and didnt know anything about cmode. I am not used to that, being a DC Ver2 vet, I always found awesome cmode players.

I think that ends it. Overall, PSO GC is alot better. Not only are most of the old DC Vets on that game, but no regional block, and for a game like PSO, I just perfer typing. Also, PSO GC only costs me $13 every 3 months (being an importer) but I cant bring that into consideration as most other GC players are paying the US price of $9.

I have nothing against the Xbox, and I think its a great console. Xbox Live is totally kickass! But, in terms of PSO, GC>Xbox.

Also, I must note, its not the game that ruins it for PSOX, it's the players...at least the ones I ran into...

Ok, thats it. I'm done now.

ChokingVictim
Oct 8, 2003, 12:54 PM
now that c7-9 are out, the c-mode scene is a bit better.. celestite 8 at night, especially weekends, is usually pretty decent if that's what you're looking for.. there's a lot of TA folks who would be receptive to a DC vet.

and any time you enter an open apatite game you run the risk of encountering assholes.

Link00seven
Oct 8, 2003, 01:30 PM
I've thought of giving PSOX one extra chance, but I changed my mind being that I have GC PSO...and dont pay as much with it.

I dont hate PSOX, I just didnt like it as much as Gamecube. I was wondering if it was getting any better with the new quests.

Buuyon
Oct 8, 2003, 08:22 PM
i personaly never played the xbox pso at all...but i have friends that play both of them and they all say that GC is better...one friend says cheating (ie hacking and duping) is every where on psox...all of them stated the graphics on psogc is better...a few of them said that they know many ways to dupe without a mod chip...they all said cheating on GC is pretty bad but not as bad as the hacking on xbox...so over all they said GC was better in every thing exsept the voice chat...but once again a few people say that the voice chat sucks...i for one can comunicate with out talking and using the keyboard with out deing...ive never played psox so i cant really comment on it other then saying after hairing every thign my friends say...id never even wanna play it...(ps GC is open to more players...every one can play to gether...JPEU US dail up broadband)so far tghe only peopel who say xbox pso is better are the people that have never played psogc...they say oh you can max stats or multi equip...well hello how many hacked 200s are on xbox? i think im done...ye si am...

JohanCC
Oct 8, 2003, 09:22 PM
they are both equal. each version has its own ups and downs. buy which one you like better.

primer567
Oct 9, 2003, 06:44 AM
they say oh you can max stats or multi equip...well hello how many hacked 200s are on xbox?
Just FYI, your stats barely go up from maxed stats Lv1 to Lv200.

Mystil
Oct 9, 2003, 08:22 AM
After lv170, FOnewearls barely get any stat increase in anything. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyhow, I've come to accept PSOX, as just the same game playable on a system that other players prefer to play it on. No more of that, which version is better an all of that.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 9, 2003, 11:48 PM
well the newest bitch slap to PSOX by sonic team is the GC Fall lobbies...

::can i say B!tch in here?::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2003-10-09 22:01 ]</font>

A2K
Oct 9, 2003, 11:57 PM
You realize Sonic Team could turn those on the rest of the GCN ship and the Xbox ones as well by more or less the programming equivalent of flipping a switch, right? :|

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 9, 2003, 11:59 PM
but do they....no

hideki-motosu
Oct 10, 2003, 09:57 AM
It pretty much sucks to see that Sonic Team take more time in adding more new things into PSOGC than trying to help the people on PSOX try and catch up to where they at. I mean, where is the Twin Tower quests and where in the hell is our seasonal lobby decorations? I have yet to see anything good done for PSOX as of yet for the last couple of months.

Sure we just got the rest of the Challenge & Mop-up/Nightmare lvls but other than that......hmmm, well, what else is there for us? I just believe that PSOX players are being denied the same type of service that PSOGC players are getting just because they have way more people & servers than PSOX players.

This is just my opinion though but it makes ya wonder.

Coxy
Oct 10, 2003, 10:26 AM
On 2003-10-10 07:57, hideki-motosu wrote:
It pretty much sucks to see that Sonic Team take more time in adding more new things into PSOGC than trying to help the people on PSOX try and catch up to where they at. I mean, where is the Twin Tower quests and where in the hell is our seasonal lobby decorations? I have yet to see anything good done for PSOX as of yet for the last couple of months.

Sure we just got the rest of the Challenge & Mop-up/Nightmare lvls but other than that......hmmm, well, what else is there for us? I just believe that PSOX players are being denied the same type of service that PSOGC players are getting just because they have way more people & servers than PSOX players.

This is just my opinion though but it makes ya wonder.

I agree, we need to get more people to play on the box, if there was no hunters lisence i know a lot more people who would play, but what are the chances of getting rid of the lisence?

hideki-motosu
Oct 10, 2003, 10:48 AM
Although I dont know if many of you play this but do any of you feel that PSOX players are being treated the same way iRO (International Ragnarok Online) are being treated by the RO players in Korea/Japan/Thailand?

Its like PSOX players are pretty much getting the leftovers of what was once new in PSOGC and once something new is released on PSOX then its something that is about 6 months to 1 year old on PSOGC. I don't want to go thru this feeling again because that is what really screwed Ragnarok Online up to the point where people started making their own private servers.

I believe that Sonic Team really needs to get their thumbs way outta of their @$$es and give more support to their PSOX players or else their going to be losing more players. Especially when True Fantasy Live Online comes out.

Coxy
Oct 10, 2003, 11:05 AM
On 2003-10-10 08:48, hideki-motosu wrote:
Especially when True Fantasy Live Online comes out.

Yup, i'll be buying that, but to be honest, i'll never truely leave PSO, I like it too much

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 11, 2003, 04:04 PM
the way that PSOX is going with all the quests no one will even be playing PSO on XBOX by the time TFLO or halo2
comes out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2003-10-11 14:05 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 13, 2003, 09:48 PM
I hate sonic team dont u? ::forward to all PSOX users::

Cca
Oct 17, 2003, 02:04 PM
hi does pso x needs a xbox live to play offline (even if i didnt ever go online)?

Alteisen
Oct 17, 2003, 02:14 PM
Yes, you need an Xbox Live account to play offline, but only because the characters are linked through your XBL account rather than a serial number and whatnot.

I believe it may have been mentioned in this thread, or some other threads, though.

PontiusR
Oct 17, 2003, 08:38 PM
GameCube>Xbox

Hate to say it, but the Xbox has way too many technical difficulties...and I'm sick of making Bill Gates richer.

Coxy
Oct 17, 2003, 09:33 PM
On 2003-10-17 18:38, PontiusR wrote:
GameCube>Xbox

Hate to say it, but the Xbox has way too many technical difficulties...and I'm sick of making Bill Gates richer.

technical difficulties? would yo like to elaborate on those, unless you are really just pissed cause the game cube can't even play dvd's, seriously what are these technical difficulties of which you speak

PontiusR
Oct 17, 2003, 09:47 PM
I will elaborate then, just for your viewing pleasure...

There has been a recall for Xbox before, don't you remember? Apparently the Xbox was scratching disks or something like that. Also, the controllers suck. Lastly, you gotta buy about 900 dollars worth of shit to even do half of what the motherfucker can do!

Also, I'm glad the GameCube doesn't play DVDs...then I wouldn't have a use for my PS2.

(This wasn't flaming by the way, just more of a rant)

SpyroDi
Oct 17, 2003, 09:50 PM
On 2003-10-17 19:47, PontiusR wrote:

Also, the controllers suck. Lastly, you gotta buy about 900 dollars worth of shit to even do half of what the motherfucker can do!

It's too opinionated to make any comments.

No system is better than the other,it all depends on your preferences.

Lman90245
Oct 17, 2003, 11:41 PM
I base all the hacking and compare it with the dreamcasts past NOL, FSOD, RSOD, Lobby FSOD, BSOD, VMU kill, Resta PK, Other PK, and Pioneer 2 killing... Xbox and Gamecube look pretty damn good...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2003-10-17 21:45 ]</font>

anwserman
Oct 18, 2003, 12:22 AM

There has been a recall for Xbox before, don't you remember? Apparently the Xbox was scratching disks or something like that. Also, the controllers suck. Lastly, you gotta buy about 900 dollars worth of shit to even do half of what the motherfucker can do!

Also, I'm glad the GameCube doesn't play DVDs...then I wouldn't have a use for my PS2.

That same recall applied to the PS2 because those systems were scratching discs - they were both release date systems.

Controllers suck? I hate to tell ya, I like the X-Box controller better then the PS2 and GC controllers - I own a GC and one of my friends has a PS2 so I play that often... PS2 controller has too many buttons for my taste (2 shoulder buttons on each side?) and the GC has a stupid button layout. The X-Box controller is just perfect - like the Dreamcast controller (which I own a DC mind you), with an additional analog stick and 3 extra buttons put in there - back, black and white. Now, how is that for sucky? (Though the original X-Box controller did suck, I'm talking about S here.) Really comfortable. Oh, you've obviously never had a controller that has a breakaway cable.. that is inguineuity at its best, because it makes sure that your whole entertainment system doesn't tip over due to some dumbass dog.

Lastly, you gotta buy about 900 dollars worth of shit to even do half of what the motherfucker can do!

You slit your throat there, buster. Let me see how much my X-Box cost when I bought it...

$179, with JSRF and Sega GT
$100 less, buying JSRF and Sega GT (would have anyway)
$25 DVD remote
$25 less, DVD rebate
$10 less, Sam Goody Replay Club Certificates
$20 less, future Sam Goody Replay Club certificates since purchase was on a triple-points weekend.

(year later now)

$40 for PSO-X (note now I own the DC, GC and 'Box versions)
$50 for X-Box Live Starter Kit, which includes Tetris Worlds

So, current math shows that (179-100+25-25-10-20+40+50) = 139. For everything the X-Box can do, watch DVDs. Playing online is separate, as my parents pay for the cable modem, but I pay for the Hunter's License. Now, for the cable modem, thats only a price increase of $10 from dialup because.... $20 monthly access + $20 additional phoneline = $40, which is $10 cheaper then our broadband service now - and we only have one phone line.

Now, please keep quiet about your wickedly wrong math. It only shows how immature, and how ignorant you are, when you use language like that AND try to pass biased opinions as facts.

anwserman
Oct 18, 2003, 12:24 AM
On 2003-10-17 22:22, anwserman wrote:

That same recall applied to the PS2 because those systems were scratching discs - they were both release date systems.

Controllers suck? I hate to tell ya, I like the X-Box controller better then the PS2 and GC controllers - I own a GC and one of my friends has a PS2 so I play that often... PS2 controller has too many buttons for my taste (2 shoulder buttons on each side?) and the GC has a stupid button layout. The X-Box controller is just perfect - like the Dreamcast controller (which I own a DC mind you), with an additional analog stick and 3 extra buttons put in there - back, black and white. Now, how is that for sucky? (Though the original X-Box controller did suck, I'm talking about S here.) Really comfortable. Oh, you've obviously never had a controller that has a breakaway cable.. that is inguineuity at its best, because it makes sure that your whole entertainment system doesn't tip over due to some dumbass dog.

Lastly, you gotta buy about 900 dollars worth of shit to even do half of what the motherfucker can do!

You slit your throat there, buster. Let me see how much my X-Box cost when I bought it...

$179, with JSRF and Sega GT
$100 less, buying JSRF and Sega GT (would have anyway)
$25 DVD remote
$25 less, DVD rebate
$10 less, Sam Goody Replay Club Certificates
$20 less, future Sam Goody Replay Club certificates since purchase was on a triple-points weekend.

(year later now)

$40 for PSO-X (note now I own the DC, GC and 'Box versions)
$50 for X-Box Live Starter Kit, which includes Tetris Worlds

So, current math shows that (179-100+25-25-10-20+40+50) = 139. For everything the X-Box can do, watch DVDs. Playing online is separate, as my parents pay for the cable modem, but I pay for the Hunter's License. Now, for the cable modem, thats only a price increase of $10 from dialup because.... $20 monthly access + $20 additional phoneline = $40, which is $10 cheaper then our broadband service now - and we only have one phone line.

Now, please keep quiet about your wickedly wrong math. It only shows how immature, and how ignorant you are, when you use language like that AND try to pass biased opinions as facts.

Oh, I bought everything with my own hard-earned cash, too.

primer567
Oct 18, 2003, 12:25 AM
Yes you guys dont need to say Xbox sucks if you have GC or vise versa, just be like I think GC is better then Xbox etc....no need to flame it happens way too much here.

anwserman
Oct 18, 2003, 12:30 AM
I own a copy for all three versions so I can't possibly hate them all - they're PSO after all.

Though I do remember one time on the GC PSO I accidentally duped like a monomate or something stupid... I was wondering how the hell my monomates I dropped on the ground appeared in my bank, too! Man I was nieve...

PontiusR
Oct 18, 2003, 09:26 AM
You factored in about a dozen rebates when you were adding up the Xbox price...but when you bought it new the system itself was around 400$ dollars...and you didn't get all the hardware it has. Graphically I can't see a difference from the GameCube to the Xbox, but I know I prefer GameCube because of not only the price, but the controller as well. The reason I don't like the Xbox controller is because it is way too big! I sorta like the PS2 controller, but what you fail to realize is that maybe 10% of all PS2 games require usage of the two shoulder buttons. Of course, the SNES still remains my fav of all time though.

Coxy
Oct 18, 2003, 10:08 AM
On 2003-10-18 07:26, PontiusR wrote:
You factored in about a dozen rebates when you were adding up the Xbox price...but when you bought it new the system itself was around 400$ dollars...and you didn't get all the hardware it has. Graphically I can't see a difference from the GameCube to the Xbox, but I know I prefer GameCube because of not only the price, but the controller as well. The reason I don't like the Xbox controller is because it is way too big! I sorta like the PS2 controller, but what you fail to realize is that maybe 10% of all PS2 games require usage of the two shoulder buttons. Of course, the SNES still remains my fav of all time though.

Have you even seen the S controller then? it's probably smaller than a game cube one, and now you can get PSO and xbox live together for 40 quid but anyway we've been through this whole price thing before nearer the top of the thread, if you don't like another console then fair enough, but don't slag it off and shit, i mean the reason we are here is because we all love PSO, it doesnt matter what system you play it on, it's the love of the game that counts

anwserman
Oct 19, 2003, 12:03 PM
On 2003-10-18 07:26, PontiusR wrote:

Well, I was replying when the person stated that the X-Box is 900 dollars for half of everything that it can do - I was just responding that the statement was grossly false. And I just realized my math was wrong - I wasn't supposed to subract the $100 from buying JSRF and SegaGT. The cost would have come to $239 approx, with X-Box Live and PSO thrown in.

Now, that is a pretty damn good price for a brand new system, three games, a DVD remote and a years subsription to X-Box live.

A lot less then 900, might I say.

primer567
Oct 19, 2003, 01:23 PM
Yeah you guys need to stop comparing the GC controller with the old Xbox controller. Nobody uses that shit anymore. Controller S is the way to go!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006409Z.01-A23NLORBGXOLEO.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rogue100
Oct 19, 2003, 09:04 PM
but when you bought it new the system itself was around 400$ dollars...and you didn't get all the hardware it has. Graphically I can't see a difference from the GameCube to the Xbox, but I know I prefer GameCube because of not only the price, but the controller as well. The reason I don't like the Xbox controller is because it is way too big! I sorta like the PS2 controller, but what you fail to realize is that maybe 10% of all PS2 games require usage of the two shoulder buttons. Of course, the SNES still remains my fav of all time though.

The most the XBox has ever cost was $300 upon its initial release, and it is significantly cheaper. As far as the controllers go, you can't really complain because you can choose the small one now if you want to, making it a non issue.

P.S. I actually find it really interesting that people complain about the size of the original XBox controller. I actually think it is pretty nice, and prefer it over the S for most games, not that I don't like the S:-).

Xelha
Oct 19, 2003, 09:46 PM
First of all, to the person who said the Gamecube is kiddy, please. It's been overused, and it's not true.

I only have a PS2 and Gamecube, so I've never actually tried PSOX, but I've heard both possitive and negitive things about it and Xbox Live. I have no problems with typing, it actually works for me. I can see how voice chat can be easier, but really, typing's cool too. It's like one big AIM chat, which I have no problem with.

Really just comes down to what console you own.

primer567
Oct 19, 2003, 11:03 PM
First of all, to the person who said the Gamecube is kiddy, please. It's been overused, and it's not true.
Well I think people categorize consoles as being for an older audience or a younger audience. Since GC has more titles aimed towards a younger audience, most ignorant people will say its kiddy. But as far as things go, its pretty much true GC is aimed towards a younger audience.

Kent
Oct 20, 2003, 01:31 AM
On 2003-10-19 11:23, primer567 wrote:
Yeah you guys need to stop comparing the GC controller with the old Xbox controller. Nobody uses that shit anymore. Controller S is the way to go!

Actually, I won't be using a Controller S ever. The things are just too damn small and the Black, White, Start, and Back buttons are impossible to press without repositioning your hands on the controller or hurting yourself. Also, the triggers are situated too low, placing the index fingers at an uncomfortable angle.

The only good things about that crappy controller are how flat the face buttons are and the D-Pad. Aside from those, it's just way too uncomfortable to use.

Coxy
Oct 20, 2003, 05:05 AM
Agreed Kent, myself being used to the dreamcast pad, i would rather use the larger pad, it just feels more comfortable in my hands and also I like a controller that just looks like its not gonna smash into bits if it ever gets thrown at the tv http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AxemPunanny
Oct 20, 2003, 05:27 AM
I'd like to put this simply. (forget the later DC days wit all the cheating and mess) PSODC during the early dayz > beats out PSOX/GC. But that's a whole different topic.

the whole keyboard situation sux, IMO, for both systems. how much is the kb for GC anyway? and u'd have to get a kb adaptor for Xbox. I personally like the voice chat (VOICE BAN!.. u don't want to hear someone, shut em off or go to a more pleasant ship... sure it sux u gotta leave, but that's always been a problem on all versions.. voice or kb.). Even tho I like the voice chat, I also like having a kb, for times I don't want to speak something out loud. And SOMETIMES seeing the words is better.

none of the versions are better, really. PSOX is behind because it came out months later... it'll catch up eventually.

my only gripe is that there aren't enough players. there will always be noobs, cmode or not. but we all start off as noobs sometimes. I like the noobs who are WILLING to learn. for those who've played psox cmode, and had bad experiences, u just looked at the wrong places. next time (if there is one) come by Celestite 8 (and a few other places). there are some serious cmode players (like myself), always looking for a cmode game... ALWAYS. I know my sh*t, and there are others that are almost as good, or even better than myself at it (dc vets or none dc vets). I got 40 chars to use, and i'm trying to get sranks for all of them, running at 10 now (after a month & 1/2 online). Wish there were more playas, region block or not. but oh well... maybe alot are just busy playing OTHER online games (XBL or PS2... sorry GCN)... that's just poking a lil fun at GCN. But don't hate me cuz I own all 3 systems and can go online on all 3. =)

as far as systems and there controllers... we all have our personal preferences... i guess i really don't mind... i adjust really well, and will use any of the controllers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-10-20 03:29 ]</font>

Xelha
Oct 20, 2003, 06:22 AM
Well I think people categorize consoles as being for an older audience or a younger audience. Since GC has more titles aimed towards a younger audience, most ignorant people will say its kiddy. But as far as things go, its pretty much true GC is aimed towards a younger audience.

What games? Animal Crossing? Sure, that's for kids, but every system has their kiddy games. (Aqua Aqua, Mad Maestro, Yu Gi Oh for the PS2). Mario and Zelda? You trying letting a 10 year old play Mario. I really know none that can get past Ricco Harbor. Zelda isn't made for kids at all, same reasons as Mario.

I'm not trying to sound like this anti-Gamecube is kiddy person and all, but the Gamecube really isn't targeted just at kids. Nintendo has been doing a lot to try to loose this image. Well, Iwata is doing a lot to try to loose this image. (Yammuchi wanted to call it the StarCube.... ugh)

...Ok, I'm done, sorry for ranting.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 20, 2003, 04:51 PM
On 2003-10-19 23:31, Kent wrote:

On 2003-10-19 11:23, primer567 wrote:

Actually, I won't be using a Controller S ever. The things are just too damn small and the Black, White, Start, and Back buttons are impossible to press without repositioning your hands on the controller or hurting yourself. Also, the triggers are situated too low, placing the index fingers at an uncomfortable angle.

The only good things about that crappy controller are how flat the face buttons are and the D-Pad. Aside from those, it's just way too uncomfortable to use.

...u get use to any controller eventually to the point you will never think about how a controller looks or feels in the end. and plus theres always 3rd party controllers. logitech wireless is nice.

GJ
Oct 21, 2003, 05:25 PM
Time to add my voice into all this

I'm not taking sides as I own both, both have their good points and bad points, but they BOTH have the same problems, as someone rightly said it's not the games at fault here it's the players.

Both versions have tawts online, with voice chat on the XBox, yes it can get worse BUT that can easily fixed by ignore. As for the hackers simply don't play the game with them, password your games and only tell your friends thru messaging how to get in.

-----
From my friend Wizard of time:
Speaking about the hacking problem itself ultimatly I beleave the Xbox version will get the better end as the way I see it the GC version will always have the shop error as to fix it they would need to use more memery card space to fix that something that players may not have whereas the Xbox version has the hard drive.

However this does not mean XBox's version is better has it seems the ST is more intrested in the GC version over here in the UK, although Nintendo still have no intrest in online gaming atm where as the Xbox was built for it.

All in all the GC version will probly have the most to offer but I beleave the Xbox version will be more stable as time goes by.

-----

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What games? Animal Crossing? Sure, that's for kids, but every system has their kiddy games. (Aqua Aqua, Mad Maestro, Yu Gi Oh for the PS2). Mario and Zelda? You trying letting a 10 year old play Mario. I really know none that can get past Ricco Harbor. Zelda isn't made for kids at all, same reasons as Mario.

I'm not trying to sound like this anti-Gamecube is kiddy person and all, but the Gamecube really isn't targeted just at kids. Nintendo has been doing a lot to try to loose this image. Well, Iwata is doing a lot to try to loose this image. (Yammuchi wanted to call it the StarCube.... ugh)

...Ok, I'm done, sorry for ranting.

I 2nd this about the 'kiddy' image the GC has. The GC is a FAMILY consol, the game may look cute and fuzzy BUT a lot are complex in gameplay enough to keep even adults enterained.

NB (and off topic): Yugioh is NOT a kiddy game, the anime (which has been seriusly dubbed down and edited), the TCG and the manga were oringally designed for older teens and adults. It has just been targeted at children because the marketing idoits beleave there is more money in it... (sorry for that rant, I just hate the fact that another great Japanese creatation has been ruined by bad marketing)

primer567
Oct 21, 2003, 08:23 PM
You have to admit only PS2 and Xbox are going for the mature audience.

silforty
Oct 21, 2003, 09:47 PM
Blah blah blah keep playin the kiddie cube. Xbox has way more online playability. Cube can reduce their price to a dollar itl just collect dust on my table. You cant even mod-chip the cube and the system wont hold up in the future itl end up in early retirement like the n64. The cube will be gone and ill come back to rub it in all your kiddie cube users faces.

GJ
Oct 21, 2003, 10:09 PM
On 2003-10-21 19:47, silforty wrote:
Blah blah blah keep playin the kiddie cube. Xbox has way more online playability. Cube can reduce their price to a dollar itl just collect dust on my table. You cant even mod-chip the cube and the system wont hold up in the future itl end up in early retirement like the n64. The cube will be gone and ill come back to rub it in all your kiddie cube users faces.

'....Now here we have the species known has the Basher, it's main habitat is one consol. The Basher spends most of it's days trying to look big and flame other consols but all the time falling on deaf ears not known that IF the flamed consol was has bad as they made out to be then it wouldn't have made it out of it's home country. The Basher's lifspan is around a maximum to 2 weeks has it evenchally goes away bored...'

Joke over now, IF you wanna bash consols my friend go elsewhere, no one will listen to childish comments like that. Learn to respect all consols for the amount of time that has been put into them and their games.

ABDUR101
Oct 21, 2003, 11:07 PM
Just a reminder, warnings will be issued to people who flame and start console wars/flamebait. If you're not going to debate intelligently and in a civil manner, leave.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 22, 2003, 04:57 PM
its da 22nd now and well theres no cake quest as promised. it was posted that the quest would run from the OCT21-NOV3 (i believe) i am sure of the day it is to be released.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 23, 2003, 10:26 PM
well its the 23/24 now and well theres no more hope for the cake quest. if we do get it they'll screw us over AGAIN!! and not just not give us any extra days to play it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2003-10-23 20:27 ]</font>

GJ
Oct 24, 2003, 05:01 AM
Well the EU servers have the quest, we've had it on time as well... Check the Events section of the quests list

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 24, 2003, 11:33 PM
ever since being screwed over with the halloween quest my lust 4 pso has died and i really see no reason to go back to PSOX. no real reason...