PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play on seprate servers other then segas?

punkrazza
Oct 5, 2003, 10:21 PM
Who plays on servers other then segas? Even since the sega servers of the dreamcast version shut down ive been looking for other servers to play on...anyone got one up and running?

ginko990
Oct 6, 2003, 10:40 AM
This would take hella bandwidth no? I don't know many people who would open up a PSO server to the public.

satoshi1
Oct 6, 2003, 04:48 PM
I don't think it's possible yet. I read on one message board, may (or may not) have been the dcemulation site. There, Barubary was talking about cracking the protocol that PSO uses or whatever. But I can't be entirely sure if it was truly Barubary or not.

SuperSubZero
Oct 8, 2003, 08:07 AM
On 2003-10-06 08:40, ginko990 wrote:
This would take hella bandwidth no? I don't know many people who would open up a PSO server to the public.

It would defeat the purpose of the server if they did. The idea of a private server is for a small group of people to play in a controlled environment. Having alot of "undesirables" running around ?SOD'ing and cheating would just recreate the public server environment.

I'd love to play DC PSO V2 again. Or maybe the PC version. I'd need to recreate my characters there tho http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Link00seven
Oct 8, 2003, 11:29 AM
I didnt know any private servers existed for PSO!

I heard barubary was makin one, but, thats it. I didnt know any acually existed...

Interesting!