PDA

View Full Version : twinking... good or bad??

edwinsu
Oct 6, 2003, 01:39 AM
topic says it all

WootHinkInc
Oct 6, 2003, 03:19 AM
Personally I don't like it. Sets the fun off of having a new character. But, if you wanna level quickly, it's the best way. I know for a fact I wouldn't use a twinked new character in an online game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WootHinkInc on 2003-10-06 01:21 ]</font>

ginko990
Oct 6, 2003, 10:35 AM
While you can shoot through the levels quick, in my opinion the lower levels are the most fun.

cheatachu72
Oct 6, 2003, 10:54 AM
I dont like twinking, it just ruins the point of making a new tech-using character.

gallaugher
Oct 6, 2003, 12:28 PM
I like twinking because I'm just trying to raise a new character to Ultimate mode so I can play online w/my friends. It does take the fun out of raising a new character though.

Kanashimi
Oct 6, 2003, 01:31 PM
I don't think that it'd be any fun... I've got 3 GCN memory cards and 8 characters between them (my friends who are PSO-deprived use the other 4 spaces...) and for the last one i gave a sato to her (name was Xiao). it proved to be little fun because a FOnewearl isn't really supposed to have the amount of attack power as she did, and though i could equip stronger weapons, i was into the caves far before any force could be ready for it. my first character (Kanashimi) didn't deal with that, she's a FOmarl, and i made her completely from base, despite my brother being at level 23 at the time and in a good position to give me items. I had more fun making Kanashimi than i did with Xiao.

Logical2u
Oct 6, 2003, 01:48 PM
You should never twink if you plan to play online.

Offline though, it is perfectly acceptable.

CrimsonII2
Oct 6, 2003, 03:18 PM
forgive me for asking, but whats twinking?

ginko990
Oct 6, 2003, 03:19 PM
On 2003-10-06 13:18, CrimsonII2 wrote:
forgive me for asking, but whats twinking?

Giving a lvl 1 character like a lvl 200 MAG and GOD/units, and weapons.

CrimsonII2
Oct 6, 2003, 03:49 PM
ok, well I've never done that, given them a frame with 4 slots, and like low level things I've done, even given them a mag that was about lv70 or so, I think it'd be way to easy to do what your mentioning, allthough I've helped some of my low level characters, but not much, just enough to keep them going and all, or maybe given em about 50k in meseta, if what I'm mentioning is the same thing, well I never really realized it, guess it could be, just a lesser way of doing it

edwinsu
Oct 7, 2003, 02:37 AM
hey crimson it was a perfectly fine question. twinking is just hooking up your lowbie with stuff to lvl it up faster. pretty much. in this game its giving it a lvl 200 mag and just tearin the hell out of normal. heheh soo fun. when i do it i feel like all the people with hacked percent j-swords with al rappys on vhard one hitting everything BUT with legit stuff mwahahaha.

-edwinsu-

BlakAlbatross
Oct 7, 2003, 06:26 AM
I dont really like giving low level characters exceeding good things, but I give them some stuff to help them. I might give about 20000 meseta, a couple of low level techs, a mag at about lvl 40ish (cos i forget to feed my mags, so it gives them a bit of a headstart) and maybe a second or third rank weapon (like an autogun or something).
What I DO hate is blatant overpowering of new characters, using uber-stuff.
Though ususally I'm quite relaxed about this sort of thing (as long as its legit lol)

tank1
Oct 7, 2003, 07:00 AM
i think it is good and bad if u need to use it on a boss aint u aint got any friends about its good but it does spoil the game a bit.

Dhylec
Oct 7, 2003, 11:19 AM
On 2003-10-07 05:00, tank1 wrote:
i think it is good and bad if u need to use it on a boss aint u aint got any friends about its good but it does spoil the game a bit.

heheh true.. it spoils a little in the easy areas
feel like a demigod in those places http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
things get back to normality in higher difficulty
besides the offline multi mode is there for a reason http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Xion810
Oct 7, 2003, 01:03 PM
Twinking is not necessarily cheating, since ST allowed it. See, if ST really wanted to, they could bind a random ID number to each created charector 11-digits long (so that no two are the same) and bound the items to that charector only. The only way to change the numbers is via a trade window, which unbinds the items, swaps them, and rebinds them.

ST didn't know that people were going to use this to their advantage, they wanted people on the same card to be able to swap finds.

For all we know ST may be twinking themseleves, and we are here declaring it cheating.

edwinsu
Oct 7, 2003, 04:31 PM
yeah but with twinking comes the knowledge that yeah this other guy isnt as hooked up as me. i usually tell the dude that yeah i can tear through this really quick so just make your you hit everything. i watch them attack and then i'll hit what they hit. yeah my character is WAY overpowered but its just so fun. and when you find someone who just started and is all like wow you have a lvl 111 character. you kind of understand that they are brand new and that they should be given the chance to lvl also. but right now my baby hunter is using cross scars with no percents before that i was usning bloody art (0/20/0/0/20). i could have just given her a flowens sword of last survivor but i was like NAH daggers are more fun. hehehe

-edwinsu-

JohanCC
Oct 7, 2003, 05:03 PM
i give my new chars items a lot, but never mags or uber rares. it doesnt hurt to give a new RA a sniper, does it?

GuerillaPimp
Oct 7, 2003, 08:29 PM
Yea i like to twink my chars. Who likes to get their ass handed to them because they did a miss-miss-heavy combo and just got smacked my a gigobooma? I understand it may take away the challenge, and not teach you to learn proper combat tactics. But if youre a vet, and know how to handle yourself, sure why not, twink your level 1 char and give him a J-sword or whatever. BUT it isnt so easy to twink FOrces. You cant simply give a low lvl force level 20 somthin techs and expect it to work. You dont have the TP or Meseta to back up that kinda firepower. But for melee and ranged chars, twink away my friends!!

CrimsonII2
Oct 8, 2003, 01:21 AM
well, I guess I've done twinking then, but not to where I'm blowing through normal, just enough that my low lvl chars can survive going through, at this point I would say my worst case of it, is my force, level 47, but can blow through level 80 to 100 characters in battle mode, and not because her tech levels are high, but because of mst, I raised a mag for her, up to about 70 mind, then passed it onto her, and boosted it to over 130 mind, and now have like 3 god/minds equipped, but I found two, and my hunter hasn't really any use for them, but I didn't pass them down till I got her into very hard, and my main weapon for her, I had a friend create, only because she's not a high enough level to make, is my summit moon, allthough I also had a legit hildeblue's cane, which I found myself, and was totally shocked to even see the hildeblue, it was total and pure luck, but thats the most I've done, allthough she still takes a bit to even kill one enemy in vhard, battles are a different matter entirely (except for when facing forces, they kill her within seconds flat, normally one tech attack of almost any kind kills her instantly)

PABLOparavida
Oct 8, 2003, 04:22 PM
twinking is good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jkid
Oct 8, 2003, 05:25 PM
On 2003-10-07 11:03, Xion810 wrote:
Twinking is not necessarily cheating, since ST allowed it. See, if ST really wanted to, they could bind a random ID number to each created charector 11-digits long (so that no two are the same) and bound the items to that charector only. The only way to change the numbers is via a trade window, which unbinds the items, swaps them, and rebinds them.

ST didn't know that people were going to use this to their advantage, they wanted people on the same card to be able to swap finds.

For all we know ST may be twinking themseleves, and we are here declaring it cheating.

It's possible to do that in the Xbox. Sonic Team could can create a patch for the Xbox edition so we could have less duping. For the GC edition however... it's not possible.

ilr2000
Oct 9, 2003, 12:56 PM
Um.. do you guys mean TWEAKING?! Twinking is slang for winking.. like empty flirting.

I think there's nothing wrong with tweaking a new character. When you get to the high levels and get into the stuff that really counts, its hard to go back to a low level character and know everything they're going to find for the next 60 hours is going to be thrown away. Pretty much levels 1-100 is getting the new PSO-ers used to the game. It's pointless for a PSO vet to go play through normal, hard, and vhard because almost everything he/she does in those difficulties give them nothing they didn't already have before, including skills and knowledge of the game.

I try to burn through those levels as fast as I can, but I don't stoop to recobx. Mines trick may be accelerated EXP, but it's good in my book since your the one sitting there for seven hours bored out of your mind.

However I never go online with a new char unless I'm soloing or lvl 80 and up.

Rudoku
Oct 9, 2003, 07:50 PM
On 2003-10-09 10:56, ilr2000 wrote:
Um.. do you guys mean TWEAKING?! Twinking is slang for winking.. like empty flirting.

No its not...just google that word, and be horrified. I found a Frozen Shooter about 3 months ago, on my Greenil HUmar. You must be idiots if you think I wouldn't give it to one of the RAs I made later. The same thing with getting a Flowen's Sword with a FOmarl. Besides, Normal and Hard suck, and you know it.

Ketchup345
Oct 9, 2003, 08:15 PM
On 2003-10-09 10:56, ilr2000 wrote:

In this game, tweaking and twinking I think are two different things. Tweaking is giving a low level FOrce better spells than would be normal (and using), and giving items found on one character to another that can use them (Example: God/Mind from RAcast to FOnewearl). Twinking, I forgot what that actually is, unless I did that as part of the 1st definition.

edwinsu
Oct 10, 2003, 02:59 AM
er hem....

tweaking : when you change something on your current character. yeah i wasnt doing very well in battle vs. this one force so i changed/tweaked my armor and shield to give me better resistances

twinking : when you take what you've found on you're high lvl character and give it to your lvl 1 character.

-edwinsu-

ilr2000
Oct 10, 2003, 11:46 AM
On 2003-10-09 17:50, Rudoku wrote:

No its not...just google that word, and be horrified. I found a Frozen Shooter about 3 months ago, on my Greenil HUmar. You must be idiots if you think I wouldn't give it to one of the RAs I made later. The same thing with getting a Flowen's Sword with a FOmarl. Besides, Normal and Hard suck, and you know it.

Heh... well.. I have no clue how they assigned the word "twinking" with giving low level characters good items.. but whatever...

edwinsu
Oct 11, 2003, 02:33 AM
kinda a D&D term really. but thats using your knowledge of the game to make your chacater a certain way to insure his uberness

-edwinsu-