View Full Version : Why do dupers ruin legit games?

Sarah_Tenshi
Oct 6, 2003, 12:22 PM
The other day, I decided to test a theory. 5 times I created a game called legits only and 4 of those were ruined by dupers on purpose. Even asking them nicely to change their weapons to something less powerful or to please leave the game didn't work. Even while playing a force I was lucky to get three hits in within 4-5 rooms! I'd like to know how many other legit players have the same problem, and I would like to know why some dupers have to be total assholes. Please keep this post civilized, because I dont want a flame war.

gallaugher
Oct 6, 2003, 12:31 PM
If you created a team named "dupers only" you'd probably get the same treatment from some legit. The difference is that there is less legits.

Kanashimi
Oct 6, 2003, 01:01 PM
I think that some dupers think that they may have an easier time if they invade games full of legit players. They will have competition for things in other games.

5KY
Oct 6, 2003, 02:23 PM
sorry to say, but this world will never be asshole free.
Doesn't matter if they were legit or not. Assholes will always be an asshole no matter where they go, what game they play. If a non-legit player can't follow your game rule of legit only. Don't feel bad, feel sad for that illiterate mofo that can't get any kill in a non-legit game.

btw..you should thank god that he wasn't half of an asshole as i could be =P.

WootHinkInc
Oct 6, 2003, 03:01 PM
I know what you mean Sarah. The same thing happens to me, except I don't make any "legit Only" games.

Every game I am in, ATLEAST 2 out of the 4 people in that game are non-legit. But usually they are all non-legit besides me. I can remember one guy used a Dark Flow in a Hard game, killing all the monsters in one hit, I didn't get a lick out of any of them. I asked him very nicely if he could change to a less damaging weapon. He replied "No, I can't." and I said, "I am sure you have other weapons to use..." and he just said again, "No I can't." later on when we got to Falz, he pulled out some weapons that only hit one enemy at a time to show off a little. I knew he had other weapons. Why did he have to be an asshole? I was completely nice to him. Even after we had that little argument I still killed the traps set on him and healed him.

The key is just to live and let live. There are assholes, but there isn't a reason you should be to them.

Another story is about a guy in Hard mode, a RAmar to be exact. Using a Spread Needle offing EVERY monster in a room before we could get into it! I also asked him to use another weapon, and he just ignored me. I of course left that game.

The attitudes of newbies today are really sucking... It's because of all these dupes going around, they can just easily cheat their way up to the top.

Man, the other day, my HUmar was in a Hard game with this HUcast. I was using a Pallasch, and he was using a duped mag and S-Rank Double Gladius(I like to call it that) and he didn't even freaking know what my weapon was! He asked me "wut wep is that". I replied "You don't know what this is???" he said "no", I said "It's a Pallasch! A regular weapon!"

It's sad, n00bs don't even know what a Pallasch is. Nothing but dupes going through their mind... Hell, in DC, I lived off a Pallasch at one time. It's really sad.

jt
Oct 6, 2003, 05:07 PM
On 2003-10-06 10:31, gallaugher wrote:
If you created a team named "dupers only" you'd probably get the same treatment from some legit. The difference is that there is less legits.

if u ask me i think us legits have better things to do then go join a cheater game...

Aurra
Oct 6, 2003, 05:41 PM
5KY said it best, assholes will be assholes. No matter what battle you're a part of, you will find idiots on both sides of the fence. If the guy had been using a legit Dark Flow in Hard mode would it have made it any more tolerable? No way, it's the fact that he's being a dumbass rather than his use of dupes that's the problem here. Same with the Spread Needle- they aren't that hard to find. It could very well have been a legit one just passed down from a higher level character of that guy's, but even if it was, the problem is that he's being an idiot and using it in Hard mode and not letting anyone else get a hit.

And jt, be quiet for once. Holy light does not radiate from all legits. Legits as a whole are not any smarter than dupe users as a whole. If you don't believe me, just read one of your posts. You need to get a grip on reality and have a couple of revelations, one being that the items you use on a video game do not determine your mental capacity or personality traits. I stopped calling myself "a legit" long ago for the express purpose of not being associated with folks like you.

Mman2000
Oct 6, 2003, 05:41 PM
I was wrong when I said there were good dupers who were decent players, obviously there aren't. Playing with cheaters is a waste of time.

Mman2000
Oct 6, 2003, 05:50 PM
On 2003-10-06 15:41, Aurra wrote:
5KY said it best, assholes will be assholes. No matter what battle you're a part of, you will find idiots on both sides of the fence. If the guy had been using a legit Dark Flow in Hard mode would it have made it any more tolerable? No way, it's the fact that he's being a dumbass rather than his use of dupes that's the problem here. Same with the Spread Needle- they aren't that hard to find. It could very well have been a legit one just passed down from a higher level character of that guy's, but even if it was, the problem is that he's being an idiot and using it in Hard mode and not letting anyone else get a hit.

If it was legit it wouldn't make a difference, that's true. The real crime here isn't using a dupe, it's being an asshole.

And jt, be quiet for once. Holy light does not radiate from all legits. Legits as a whole are not any smarter than dupe users as a whole. If you don't believe me, just read one of your posts. You need to get a grip on reality and have a couple of revelations, one being that the items you use on a video game do not determine your mental capacity or personality traits. I stopped calling myself "a legit" long ago for the express purpose of not being associated with folks like you.

I haven't been online for too long and already I have learned to associate being a cheater with being an asshole. This is why legits aren't nice to cheaters, because cheaters are a bunch of fucking jerks who need to take a course in how to be something besides an asshole. Cheaters are responsible for a legit's hostile attitude toward them.

As far as I'm concerned cheaters are NOT welcome to join any team I create.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mman2000 on 2003-10-06 15:51 ]</font>

Aurra
Oct 6, 2003, 06:22 PM
On 2003-10-06 15:50, Mman2000 wrote:
I haven't been online for too long and already I have learned to associate being a cheater with being an asshole. This is why legits aren't nice to cheaters, because cheaters are a bunch of fucking jerks who need to take a course in how to be something besides an asshole.

Eventually, you'll probably wish you could take that back. If you play online long enough, you'll inevitably meet a nice guy who happens to have a TJ-Sword in his bank, and your attitude that all cheaters are "a bunch of fucking jerks" will change.

How do I know this? I've gone through all the stages of PSO. On V1, I was the duper and the hacker. I had all the rare weapons, and got bored quickly. Thus began phase two. On V2 I was pretty legit. I had a couple of dupes, but the majority of my stuff and everything I used on a regular basis was found by me. Towards the end of V2, I got bored with even this and became the "uber legit." Throughout the first couple of weeks of GC PSO I was hateful to dupe users, lectured people on the ethics of using dupes, etc. Basically I was the stereotype idiot legit. I'm not proud of it and I certainly don't like to advertise it.

Eventually I simply came to realize that it just doesn't really matter. Dupes are not evil. They do not carry a poisonous aura. They don't corrupt people and they don't cause FSOD. Ever heard of "guns don't kill people, people kill people?" That quote pretty much applies to this situation. It's not the duped BKB that hogs the EXP, it's the loser wiping out all the Hard mode boomas with it that does. I now have a legitimate BKB, and if I wanted to I could go into a hard mode game, take the boss warp alone and kill the dragon in three hits. Does this make my BKB evil? No sir, it wouldn't make my BKB anything, but it would make me an idiot.

I can be friends with dupe users and legits alike, because seeing dupes simply does not bother me, at all. How could that possibly be, you wonder? It's easy, I don't care about what other people on PSO, save for a handful, think. It probably sounds cold, but it's true. Folks, I just don't give a damn. I couldn't care less whether you think I'm the greatest guy alive or the biggest moron in history due to the way I play PSO. I don't care about impressing someone with my aaaaawesome legit items, and I don't care about trying to fix the shattered PSO economy. The only thing I really do care about on PSO is playing with my pals, and that doesn't require a prerequisite of legitimacy.

Like I said, if you stay online for long enough you'll probably change your mind like I have.

SaberX
Oct 6, 2003, 06:27 PM
Dunno, im not online much on pso so please dont yell at me if i say something wrong... Thats really gotta bite with most dupers acting like jerks and stuff, but why not try a name for the game thats not as.....um........easy to notice?....oh well, im brain dead. or maybe making a private game where only certain people can get in if thats possible. it was just a thought, sorry if it wasnt much help.

SaberX
Oct 6, 2003, 06:36 PM
I agree with Aurras view to a point. most dupers are jerks because they think they're better than everyone because they have better weapons. Unfortunatly this applies to many legit users as well, especially some people i know...it just depends on the person. A duper may be the nicest person you know and do what you ask to be polite, while a legit user will grind your head into the ground while laughing at you because of how weak you are. I am legit myself because i dont really have access to online, but im not gonna scold a person for being a duper. Im gonna annihilate them for being a jerk. ^.^

5KY
Oct 6, 2003, 07:20 PM
Aurra, i just want to let you know... i will with you on this =)

legit or not, it is ones personality that makes him/her an asshole. Being a non-legit player doesn't necessary put you in the asshole category. I have seen many duppers that were nice and were there to have fun. Being a legit player doesn't auto exclude you from being an asshole. They got the pride and i give them my respect PSO is for people to play, chill and have fun. If someone is ruining your fun, you can quit that game or voice ban him/her. I voice banned shit load of people even they were talkin shit to me. I voice ban them just because they were acting like an asshole to others, which i think their words were ruining my mood.
PSO is just a game. There isn't really much to be piss about
or worth arguing for. Just act mature. Read my phase and you will know why.

Sarah_Tenshi
Oct 6, 2003, 08:45 PM
But one thing that I wood like to know is what makes a duper come into a legit game just to fuck it up for the rest. I do dont thank all dupers are assholes. Hell One of my friends youses dupes but he dont go into legit games.
Or on the other hand the one that that go into a low level game and kill everything befor any one can even get a chance to do any thing. My problem is just with the one that are assholes on purpouse.

SungKwon
Oct 6, 2003, 09:40 PM
Hmm... to get away from dupers... make passworded games... then only the hackers get in, but if you already make a party of 4, no room for them to jump in... so just get a bunch of buds and play legitly in passworded games, it'll keep them out.

5KY
Oct 6, 2003, 11:47 PM
There isn't much explaination about why some duppers go into a legit only game and ruin your fun besides they don't got a life and they were assholes. There were much you or we can do about it except (like many have suggested in this post) create a game with password on which only your buddy knows.
It really sucks that being the team creator, you don't have the ability to kick players on your team.

anyways, that is kinda off the topic...good luck in finding a good legit only game.

Superguppie
Oct 7, 2003, 04:24 AM
Well, as stated by some, not all cheaters are assholes and not all legits are nice. However, as usual, it is the one asshole ruining things for the others. Personaly I have found a group of friends around me. Most of'em are dupers/dupe users. I am legit. I don't judge them, the don't judge me, and we have fun together.
If you want a legit-only game, find all legit friends and use a team with a pass.
If you find non-legit ppl that are mature (not by age, but by behaviour) you will find they are fun to be with too. I have!

AngelAlys
Oct 7, 2003, 05:14 AM
On 2003-10-06 15:07, jt wrote:

On 2003-10-06 10:31, gallaugher wrote:

if u ask me i think us legits have better things to do then go join a cheater game...

I cant believe I'm gonna say this but... I agree with JT http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Legit people who better than to play in a dupe only game, and besides, do you think the dupers really care!!!! Quick answer... NO!

Tenton
Oct 7, 2003, 10:18 AM
The fact is.....All the "decent" dupers wont join Legit game with their dupes, they know how to respect both legit and unlegit. Only those bad ass duper and nood(with tones of dupes) will do something like this.

btw, is there any more nood that think the 200 mind pink sato is a legit mag?? i used to c these kind of nood a lot in the legit game i creat^.^

gallaugher
Oct 7, 2003, 10:57 AM
On 2003-10-06 15:07, jt wrote:

Of course we do. But there are some hardcore legits that go out of their way to be an ass to dupers. The legit players that I know simply don't play in open games. Occasionally some of us might go to Vega or Antares 8 & join an open game. We don't try to antagonize anyone though.

chibi-magus
Oct 7, 2003, 07:09 PM
i totally agree with you i try to lvl up with my humar and theres always that mazxed stat ra wit a shot.....

Qragono
Oct 7, 2003, 08:06 PM
People didnt use to be so violent or buttholes.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

Mman2000
Oct 8, 2003, 05:28 PM
On 2003-10-07 17:09, chibi-magus wrote:
i totally agree with you i try to lvl up with my humar and theres always that mazxed stat ra wit a shot.....

or the maxed out FO casting lvl 30 Rafoie on everything in a normal game preventing legit newbies from leveling up. (which has happened to me before)

Now you know why I hate cheaters.......

Sarah_Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003, 06:10 PM
I whas yousing my level 16 Force and had a levle 167 Ranger come in with dupes & clear a room befor I cood even get through the door. I ask the person to leve he just whent LOL.
So I left & he came in to the next game I made just to piss me off with all his dupes.

Aurra
Oct 8, 2003, 06:16 PM
On 2003-10-08 15:28, Mman2000 wrote:
or the maxed out FO casting lvl 30 Rafoie on everything in a normal game preventing legit newbies from leveling up. (which has happened to me before)

Now you know why I hate cheaters.......

As I stated before my friend, I believe your beef is with jackasses rather than cheaters. Allow me to refer to a visual aid.

http://www.geocities.com/aurrar0x0r/jackass.txt

As the graph clearly illustrates, jackasses can come from both camps. Legit, cheater, it matters not. All it takes is a bad attitude and a few delusions of grandeur, and you my friend, are a jackass. Are all cheaters jackasses? Certainly not. Are all legits? Nope! "Jackasses" is a totally independent category. Do jackasses tend to like being cheaters more than they like being legit? I don't know, but one theory as to why such a large portion of the dupe-using population seems to be infected with jackassery is that there are simply more cheaters out there.

Let me ask you a question, Mman- if the guy had used a legit Rafoie lv30 disc, would it have made him any less of an idiot? I think not. The offense here, and in most cases like it, is being a jackass rather than using dupes.

Watch out, for by saying you hate all cheaters, you catch a fair amount of nice people in your metaphorical net of hatred!

neko-chan
Oct 8, 2003, 06:17 PM
On 2003-10-08 16:16, Aurra wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/aurrar0x0r/jackass.txt

O_O

That... is... a... truly masterpiece. Thanks Aurra, may God bless you!

Sarah_Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003, 06:33 PM
I love it nice one Aurra!!!!

PABLOparavida
Oct 8, 2003, 07:06 PM
thats terrible. I'm a duper and I stay away from Legit Only games. So you don't have to worry about me.

Sarah_Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003, 07:25 PM
It is not all dupers just the Majority of the assholes dupers. Hell I like some peaple that are dupers.
Hell there is legit assholes also.
that treat dupers like shit. I thank thats wrong.
So neither Dupers or legit are Innocent.

Rudoku
Oct 8, 2003, 07:41 PM
On 2003-10-08 16:10, Sarah_Tenshi wrote:
I whas yousing my level 16 Force and had a levle 167 Ranger come in with dupes & clear a room befor I cood even get through the door. I ask the person to leve he just whent LOL.
So I left & he came in to the next game I made just to piss me off with all his dupes.

Shouldn't he be able to clear the room with his bare hands?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rudoku on 2003-10-08 18:09 ]</font>

PABLOparavida
Oct 8, 2003, 07:45 PM
duping is okay as long as you give others a chance. I hate when some hu with maxed stats comes in with a tj sword and does 1500 damage. Its not fair.

Mystil
Oct 9, 2003, 10:39 AM
The question you should ask yourself is what it is that legits do to dupers that provoke them to do so.

Sarah_Tenshi
Oct 9, 2003, 02:11 PM
Just to let people know, I did not cross post this on gamefaqs, but someone stole my post word for word!! Hurricane Helms Hero took my post here and copied it there word for word. I wouldn't mind if it was about the same subject, but this pisses me off!!!

Here's the link to it...
http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=32498&topic=10485619

SaberX
Oct 9, 2003, 03:12 PM
Lol. Im glad you noticed. I said something but i saved the flaming and yelling for you to do. lol. jerks...

Mman2000
Oct 9, 2003, 04:47 PM
On 2003-10-09 08:39, Silhouette wrote:
The question you should ask yourself is what it is that legits do to dupers that provoke them to do so.

Ok here's the thing, they didn't do SHIT to provke the dupers. The dupers just went in where they were NOT wanted and RUINED the fun for the other people.

It was an UNPROVOKED act of the cheaters who went on there. It's one thing to dupe, it's an entirely different thing to intentionally ruin another person's game. I hope ST's beta test of episode 3 allowed them to make sure there won't be duping, max stats, or any of the other cheats in the game. Maybe then all the cheaters won't go on there, and from my experience no cheaters=no jerkasses who ruin games and hog EXP.

jt
Oct 9, 2003, 05:29 PM

ur going to become another Civx... (entertainment) but when did i say all legits were holy and angelic.... i said MOST legits arent "assholes" u should really READ what i say...

i said legits were smarter than cheaters when??????? uhhh never.... most legits arent holy but they are better than most "cheaters" gamewise at least... i dont think i have ever called someone an "asshole" because they are a cheater... a nOOb yes of course... majority of cheaters are nOObs...

folks like me? what do u meen folks like me... maybe u havent played the game with people like me... maybe ur not even on xbox! i dont know!!!!! but when u run/jog 2 steps in my characters shoes, then u can say something...

Aurra
Oct 9, 2003, 06:01 PM
On 2003-10-09 15:29, jt wrote:
ur going to become another Civx... (entertainment) but when did i say all legits were holy and angelic.... i said MOST legits arent "assholes" u should really READ what i say...

Oh? Sorry, I guess I was just a little stuck on how virtually every post you make has "legits pwn j00" or some variation of that oh-so-intelligent phrase at the end. And "most legits aren't assholes?" Are you sure? Have you met most of the legits who play PSO? I think not. I don't believe that people are basically evil, but the vast majority of people I've met who call themselves legit will take every opportunity presented to them to make a dupe-user's PSO experience miserable, and it is totally pre-meditated. This isn't some indirect, "I'm using dupes and that wrecks your life" kind of making-their-experience-miserable, it's a totally direct "I would beat you to death if I saw you in real life" type of making-their-experience-miserable. I daresay it's a worse offense than using dupes and "corrupting" the PSO economy.

i said legits were smarter than cheaters when??????? uhhh never.... most legits arent holy but they are better than most "cheaters" gamewise at least... i dont think i have ever called someone an "asshole" because they are a cheater... a nOOb yes of course... majority of cheaters are nOObs...

*coughs and chokes* Excuse me!? Did you just imply that being legit equals being good at PSO? I find it pathetic when someone uses "well, I'm legit" as a point in an argument about skill. Legit does not equal skilled. I know legits who die to every Megid, constantly slow the team down, do horrible damage, don't know enemy resistances, never cast Resta or S/D/J/Z, and basically do nothing a real team player would do. What's their excuse? "I'm legit, I'm good at this game! STFU!!!" Yeah, good one. Pull the string again.

folks like me? what do u meen folks like me... maybe u havent played the game with people like me... maybe ur not even on xbox! i dont know!!!!! but when u run/jog 2 steps in my characters shoes, then u can say something...

By "folks like you," I mean people who go out of their way to be mean to other players on PSO on the sole basis of what items they've got.

jt, it's this simple: you are an elitist. All that's legit is not gold. Saying things like "all dupe-users are n00bs" is directly comparable to racism. It's a ridiculous, hateful way to go about playing this game and it makes me angry to see people taking part in it.

Mystil
Oct 9, 2003, 08:23 PM
On 2003-10-09 14:47, Mman2000 wrote:

On 2003-10-09 08:39, Silhouette wrote:

Ok here's the thing, they didn't do SHIT to provke the dupers. The dupers just went in where they were NOT wanted and RUINED the fun for the other people.

It was an UNPROVOKED act of the cheaters who went on there. It's one thing to dupe, it's an entirely different thing to intentionally ruin another person's game. I hope ST's beta test of episode 3 allowed them to make sure there won't be duping, max stats, or any of the other cheats in the game. Maybe then all the cheaters won't go on there, and from my experience no cheaters=no jerkasses who ruin games and hog EXP.

Ep3 is a card game. The need for character stats has been abolished. It is quite clear that cheating in that game will be pointless and a waste of time. Also, legits have done a lot of things to dupers to provoke then to purposely ruin thier games. An example: Legits in the lobby going off on an obvious duper who said nothing to them. Then the next example: A multi wep user/duper joining a game doing about 1000 damage, getting scolded by a legit. Causing back and forth retailiation. With that said, and to that effect, Legits ruin the game for dupers. Payback payback. I say the provication is quite justified.

BonusKun
Oct 9, 2003, 09:12 PM
but the vast majority of people I've met who call themselves legit will take every opportunity presented to them to make a dupe-user's PSO experience miserable, and it is totally pre-meditated.

*cough ADE cough*

Sarah_Tenshi
Oct 9, 2003, 09:49 PM
I guess the problem really isn't dupers or legits anymore, but the assholes who only come on to ruin others fun. It seems like its happening more often lately, and not just in games. Lobbies are being overrun by jerks like Nova, which gets really annoying! From a female perspective, I find it very distasteful and degrading. I've played with a lot of people over time, and any of them know I give just as much respect as I recieve, sometimes even more. If people could just put aside their prejudces between legits and dupers, and just worry about the asshole players out there.

Try to give a little more respect to your fellow players. To those that disagree, thats fine, I respect your opinion. Thanks.

Mman2000
Oct 9, 2003, 10:00 PM
Ep3 is a card game. The need for character stats has been abolished. It is quite clear that cheating in that game will be pointless and a waste of time. Also, legits have done a lot of things to dupers to provoke then to purposely ruin thier games. An example: Legits in the lobby going off on an obvious duper who said nothing to them. Then the next example: A multi wep user/duper joining a game doing about 1000 damage, getting scolded by a legit. Causing back and forth retailiation. With that said, and to that effect, Legits ruin the game for dupers. Payback payback. I say the provication is quite justified.

Ok so the fact that dupers get scolded by legits they said nothing to justifies them joining and ruining games of legits who said nothing to them? BULLSHIT!!!

I've had a duper join my game and throw up a "legits suck" symbol constantly. I didn't say a damn thing to him, but he just came in and started spewing his shit on my game. Are you saying he was right to do that because some other legit might have done it to him, if you are I'd like to know what you're smoking.

SaberX
Oct 9, 2003, 10:09 PM
I wonder if its still possible to get along with all this going on. Can we calm down and just yell about something nice? Like this! WHY DOESNT ANYONE KNOW HOW TO UNSEAL THE SEALED J-SWORD?!?!?! ;_; how long untill i finally unseal it, i may never know...... your turn!

jt
Oct 10, 2003, 05:13 AM
On 2003-10-09 20:09, SaberX wrote:
I wonder if its still possible to get along with all this going on. Can we calm down and just yell about something nice? Like this! WHY DOESNT ANYONE KNOW HOW TO UNSEAL THE SEALED J-SWORD?!?!?! ;_; how long untill i finally unseal it, i may never know...... your turn!

lol

Mman2000
Oct 10, 2003, 06:35 AM
On 2003-10-09 19:49, Sarah_Tenshi wrote:
I guess the problem really isn't dupers or legits anymore, but the assholes who only come on to ruin others fun. It seems like its happening more often lately, and not just in games. Lobbies are being overrun by jerks like Nova, which gets really annoying! From a female perspective, I find it very distasteful and degrading. I've played with a lot of people over time, and any of them know I give just as much respect as I recieve, sometimes even more. If people could just put aside their prejudces between legits and dupers, and just worry about the asshole players out there.

Try to give a little more respect to your fellow players. To those that disagree, thats fine, I respect your opinion. Thanks.

Exactly, if dupers wouldn't join my game I'd have no problem with them. Oh and don't get me started on Nova, let's just say that guy makes me want to know how to FSOD the lobby and get rid of him.

Mystil
Oct 10, 2003, 08:41 AM
On 2003-10-09 20:00, Mman2000 wrote:

Ok so the fact that dupers get scolded by legits they said nothing to justifies them joining and ruining games of legits who said nothing to them? BULLSHIT!!!

I've had a duper join my game and throw up a "legits suck" symbol constantly. I didn't say a damn thing to him, but he just came in and started spewing his shit on my game. Are you saying he was right to do that because some other legit might have done it to him, if you are I'd like to know what you're smoking.

I'm drug free. I don't smoke anything. And I'm saying yes he does have the right. Just as a legit has the right to hate a duper for any past experience. What needs to be learned in PSO, is forgiveness and acceptance. I'm not talking out of my behind either, I'm being serious.

jt
Oct 10, 2003, 10:16 AM
On 2003-10-09 16:01, Aurra wrote:

On 2003-10-09 15:29, jt wrote:

Oh? Sorry, I guess I was just a little stuck on how virtually every post you make has "legits pwn j00" or some variation of that oh-so-intelligent phrase at the end. And "most legits aren't assholes?" Are you sure? Have you met most of the legits who play PSO? I think not. I don't believe that people are basically evil, but the vast majority of people I've met who call themselves legit will take every opportunity presented to them to make a dupe-user's PSO experience miserable, and it is totally pre-meditated. This isn't some indirect, "I'm using dupes and that wrecks your life" kind of making-their-experience-miserable, it's a totally direct "I would beat you to death if I saw you in real life" type of making-their-experience-miserable. I daresay it's a worse offense than using dupes and "corrupting" the PSO economy.

*coughs and chokes* Excuse me!? Did you just imply that being legit equals being good at PSO? I find it pathetic when someone uses "well, I'm legit" as a point in an argument about skill. Legit does not equal skilled. I know legits who die to every Megid, constantly slow the team down, do horrible damage, don't know enemy resistances, never cast Resta or S/D/J/Z, and basically do nothing a real team player would do. What's their excuse? "I'm legit, I'm good at this game! STFU!!!" Yeah, good one. Pull the string again.

By "folks like you," I mean people who go out of their way to be mean to other players on PSO on the sole basis of what items they've got.

jt, it's this simple: you are an elitist. All that's legit is not gold. Saying things like "all dupe-users are n00bs" is directly comparable to racism. It's a ridiculous, hateful way to go about playing this game and it makes me angry to see people taking part in it.

yeah i am an "elitist" or w/e u want to call me. but you have never heard me say/post "ALL LEGITS ARE BETTER THAN ALL CHEATERS???" of course a legit can be a nOOb, MORE cheaters are nOObies than legits.

i said MOST legits are better than MOST cheaters. u must read to fast or something, maybe u should start comprehending what i say... playing on xbox, almost every cheater is a nOOb.

and yes i do put legits pwn j00 but if u dotn care, why say something about it?? its just a lil something something to say gawd. look at my title, i guess thats "worse" isnt it?

and yes i would take every opportunity to make a cheaters gameplay a living hell, but i dont, cause i do have some degree O_o of respect for them, at least they can kill things... if they join a game called, "LEGITS ONLY" then why shouldnt i get mad??? they can read, they know if they are legit or not... some legits just get on the game to go talk junk to cheaters, but not a vast majority of them, like ur cheaters.

legits who dont do anythign in a team, probably shouldnt, do u really need s/d/j/z or resta? no, u have ur duped/hacked items, thats about all u need or else u guys would learn to get some degree of teamwork going, SOME OF YOU!!!!!!!! hope u saw that one. i meen cmon, wats the point of playing as a team when ur own "team" kills everything even when u ask if u can get a hit in??? i dont do nuthing to help cheaters if im in a cheater game.. does that mean im ruining their game???? NO!!! i cant kill everything in 2-3 hits. but when a cheater joins a legit game PURPOSELY FOR THE SOUL FACT TO RUIN THEIR GAME, THATS DIFFEREnt. and even if a legit who wants to talk junk to u was to join, u can just mute him, if ur on xbox...

o yeah legits pwn j00! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sheep.gif

Mystil
Oct 10, 2003, 04:10 PM
Off topic- I don't see how legitimacy pwns Aurra, when Aurra is legit. Really I find that quite humorous. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mman2000
Oct 10, 2003, 04:53 PM
And I'm saying yes he does have the right.

Ok what you're saying is "because someone provoked him it's ok for him to go in and annoy people that did nothing to him". I'd understand him going after the person who provoked him, but not going after people who said nothing to him.

Just as a legit has the right to hate a duper for any past experience.

The right to not like each other: yes

The right to ruin each other's game: no

What needs to be learned in PSO, is forgiveness and acceptance.

And how to play the game without being an asshole.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mman2000 on 2003-10-10 14:53 ]</font>

SaberX
Oct 10, 2003, 05:00 PM
What about this then. Right now, we keep it low on how much we all hate each other and play nicely. ^_^ then when a jerk comes into a game and begins picking on people, ruining the game on purpose, and not listening to the other players, annihilate that guy/girl. And this applies to both legits and dupers. Its all the same in real life and online. If you're polite, people usually like you and we all have good times while we drink our soda. you act like a jerk, you deserve to have your head bashed in while i take your soda and run. So can we have a little peace? please? ^_^; <<;; >>;;; DONT KILL ME!!!

Mystil
Oct 10, 2003, 05:13 PM
On 2003-10-10 14:53, Mman2000 wrote:

And how to play the game without being an asshole.

It's not so much that...it's just people go through shit at home I guess and bring thier tension online and take it out on other players.

Ok what you're saying is "because someone provoked him it's ok for him to go in and annoy people that did nothing to him". I'd understand him going after the person who provoked him, but not going after people who said nothing to him.
Just how I feel.

The right to ruin each other's game: no
In example: If you were to ruin my game. And I found you days later, I would enter yours with sole purpose of ruining yours. And I would have that right. And yes I would be pissy towards other people til I get over the bad mood you've invoked upon me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-10 15:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-10 15:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-10 15:19 ]</font>

Aurra
Oct 10, 2003, 05:29 PM
On 2003-10-10 08:16, jt wrote:
...do u really need s/d/j/z or resta? no, u have ur duped/hacked items...

Silhouette posted something very interesting, jt. If you failed to see his post, here it is again:

On 2003-10-10 14:10, Silhouette wrote:
Off topic- I don't see how legitimacy pwns Aurra, when Aurra is legit. Really I find that quite humorous. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Heheh, jt... did it fail to cross your mind that maybe, just maybe I'm not a dupe-user? That maybe someone from your own camp could possibly see fault in your posts and the way a lot of legits treat people online? Like I said, I don't call myself a legit any longer. The first reason for that, as I said earlier, is so as not to be affiliated with people like you. The second reason is that I don't believe there is such a thing as "legit." There is no set definition that was issued by ST. Virtually everyone on PSO has a different opinion on what "legit" means, so to just blatantly say that "I am a legit" seems pretty contradictory to me since I am not legit by everyone's standards. Am I legit by most people's standards? Believe it or not, yes I am.

Any other assumptions you'd like to make while you're at it?

SaberX
Oct 10, 2003, 05:38 PM
actually, the only person who can say they're legit are pure offline users who have never traded, duped, cheated, hacked, or even played in the presence of a person who isnt legit. (because all their items would be earned legitly, they would never have earned experience from a non legit player killing an enemy for them, and their stats would be only affected but what they did in the game without ever breaking the rules.) Thats about the only way i can think that could happen. oh well, we can still hope!

Mman2000
Oct 10, 2003, 05:47 PM
It's not so much that...it's just people go through shit at home I guess and bring thier tension online and take it out on other players.

People, keep your anger where it belongs: offline.

In example: If you were to ruin my game. And I found you days later, I would enter yours with sole purpose of ruining yours. And I would have that right. And yes I would be pissy towards other people til I get over the bad mood you've invoked upon me.

Yeah if you ruined my game, I would ruin yours. I would NOT, however, ruin anyone else's game. That's not retaliating for a duper/legit ruining your game, that's just being a fucking jerk.

jt
Oct 11, 2003, 06:15 AM
On 2003-10-10 15:29, Aurra wrote:

On 2003-10-10 08:16, jt wrote:
...do u really need s/d/j/z or resta? no, u have ur duped/hacked items...

Silhouette posted something very interesting, jt. If you failed to see his post, here it is again:

On 2003-10-10 14:10, Silhouette wrote:

Heheh, jt... did it fail to cross your mind that maybe, just maybe I'm not a dupe-user? That maybe someone from your own camp could possibly see fault in your posts and the way a lot of legits treat people online? Like I said, I don't call myself a legit any longer. The first reason for that, as I said earlier, is so as not to be affiliated with people like you. The second reason is that I don't believe there is such a thing as "legit." There is no set definition that was issued by ST. Virtually everyone on PSO has a different opinion on what "legit" means, so to just blatantly say that "I am a legit" seems pretty contradictory to me since I am not legit by everyone's standards. Am I legit by most people's standards? Believe it or not, yes I am.

Any other assumptions you'd like to make while you're at it?

oh your legit, my bad http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sheep.gif but lets just say im talkin about someone who isnt legit... sorry about that

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jt on 2003-10-12 04:41 ]</font>

BonusKun
Oct 11, 2003, 06:54 AM
On 2003-10-11 04:15, jt wrote:
oh your legit, my bad http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sheep.gif but lets just say im talkin about someone who is legit... sorry about that

..........................Oh once more just for the waste of bandwith you just posted.

I think I take the opinions of legit players far too lightly.

Why?

Cause they are not as legit as me!

Thats right. From now on, I am gonna play as legit as possible. If you want to cleanse your PSO soul, join me in the following steps:

1. Do not use the ice wiggle trick

2. Do not use Scape Dolls. If god wants you to die, you better die.

3. Do not use telepipes. If you need to go back to town, you have to run backwards thru all the levels you cleared. And if you can't go back all the way... tough.

4. Shifta and Deband are for cheaters and pussy ass ramars. Do not use it. However, if you can somehow cast it on the monsters, thats ok. The harder the game, the more legit you are.

5. If you were not designed with Trap Vision build in like a bot, then you should run face first into hidden traps the way nature intended.

6. Obviously, if you get poisoned or paralyzed, you are the one at fault. The true legits do not cure their poison or paralasis with items. If you don't have Anti, let the poison run thru your vains...

7. You must do three hit combos at all times. If its good enough for those level 81 legits playing and dying left and right in Ultimate, its good enough for you.

The following are for those of you who are ready to make the crossing into the plain of legit Nirvana....

8. Do not use mates of any kind. If you get hurt by a monster, it is obviously your fault. You had better die or beat the boss and get back up to Pioneer 2 in order to heal... Or you can level, but true legits question the legitimacy of that....

8.5 True legits know the decimal system, and will know to not use fluids or grinders either. They are just like mates.... they help the weak.

9. If the weapon has any positive percents, it must be a dirty Ramar dupe. Discard the weapon at once, and stick with the handgun you found in Forest 1 back when you were level 2.

10. Red boxes are most likely dupes that have been dropped by someone. Even if you are playing offline alone, its better to be safe than sorry. Stear clear of those dirty rares.

#11 Also if you are truly legit you shouldn't use the MAG that they give you at the beginning of the game because that's cheating as well. It gives you extra stats and bonuses.

#12 Also, being a total legit, you must take a number. Usually in the form of the first, or the last, or even the middle legit. And you must broadcast it from every form of media online (websites, forums, chatrooms, etc.)

If you do not go out of your way to be a jerk to those lesser beings who accept items, you are not legit enough. Everyone who would be so bold as to call you an asshole is obviously a dirty cheater, so you must tirelessly attack them as well. The more, the merrier.

#13 A true legit, liking things to be as hard as possible, will never EVER use a keyboard in online play. If you must communicate with your team, use the soft keyboard built into the game. Please use correct spelling, and remember important rules of grammar, such as when it is most appropriate to use the semi colon versus using the colon. You must also space your words on the soft keyboard so that the words don't get cut in mid sentence, because fragmented sentences are a fopah on the road to good grammar.

All the above rules apply in Challange mode games as well. If people complain, they are probablly dirty hackers, and you should not waste your time playing with them.

now one must think how this branches off into real life, and those who live life legit . . .

- Stores sell dupes, how else can they have so much of the same thing on the shelves?! The only way to be sure is to use and consume only what you find.

- All your friends are dupe accepting cheaters and will try and make you less legit, never trust them.

- You yourself could possibly be a dupe and your parents don't have the heart to tell you.

- Everyone else IS a cheater, therefore they are always wrong and you are always right.

This classic was posted just for Aurra's Sanity. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

~S N K

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-10-11 05:00 ]</font>

Mystil
Oct 11, 2003, 07:11 AM
Brought to you by SNK Owning Industries.

Mman2000 - Ok then agreed.

That was(SNK's post) the funniest thing I've ever read on this board.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-11 05:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-11 05:17 ]</font>

Aurra
Oct 11, 2003, 01:36 PM
http://grdgamers.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/images/smiles/yelrotflmao.gif

jt
Oct 12, 2003, 06:43 AM
On 2003-10-11 04:54, BonusKun wrote:

On 2003-10-11 04:15, jt wrote:
oh your legit, my bad http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sheep.gif but lets just say im talkin about someone who is legit... sorry about that

..........................Oh once more just for the waste of bandwith you just posted.

I think I take the opinions of legit players far too lightly.

Why?

Cause they are not as legit as me!

Thats right. From now on, I am gonna play as legit as possible. If you want to cleanse your PSO soul, join me in the following steps:

1. Do not use the ice wiggle trick

2. Do not use Scape Dolls. If god wants you to die, you better die.

3. Do not use telepipes. If you need to go back to town, you have to run backwards thru all the levels you cleared. And if you can't go back all the way... tough.

4. Shifta and Deband are for cheaters and pussy ass ramars. Do not use it. However, if you can somehow cast it on the monsters, thats ok. The harder the game, the more legit you are.

5. If you were not designed with Trap Vision build in like a bot, then you should run face first into hidden traps the way nature intended.

6. Obviously, if you get poisoned or paralyzed, you are the one at fault. The true legits do not cure their poison or paralasis with items. If you don't have Anti, let the poison run thru your vains...

7. You must do three hit combos at all times. If its good enough for those level 81 legits playing and dying left and right in Ultimate, its good enough for you.

The following are for those of you who are ready to make the crossing into the plain of legit Nirvana....

8. Do not use mates of any kind. If you get hurt by a monster, it is obviously your fault. You had better die or beat the boss and get back up to Pioneer 2 in order to heal... Or you can level, but true legits question the legitimacy of that....

8.5 True legits know the decimal system, and will know to not use fluids or grinders either. They are just like mates.... they help the weak.

9. If the weapon has any positive percents, it must be a dirty Ramar dupe. Discard the weapon at once, and stick with the handgun you found in Forest 1 back when you were level 2.

10. Red boxes are most likely dupes that have been dropped by someone. Even if you are playing offline alone, its better to be safe than sorry. Stear clear of those dirty rares.

#11 Also if you are truly legit you shouldn't use the MAG that they give you at the beginning of the game because that's cheating as well. It gives you extra stats and bonuses.

#12 Also, being a total legit, you must take a number. Usually in the form of the first, or the last, or even the middle legit. And you must broadcast it from every form of media online (websites, forums, chatrooms, etc.)

If you do not go out of your way to be a jerk to those lesser beings who accept items, you are not legit enough. Everyone who would be so bold as to call you an asshole is obviously a dirty cheater, so you must tirelessly attack them as well. The more, the merrier.

#13 A true legit, liking things to be as hard as possible, will never EVER use a keyboard in online play. If you must communicate with your team, use the soft keyboard built into the game. Please use correct spelling, and remember important rules of grammar, such as when it is most appropriate to use the semi colon versus using the colon. You must also space your words on the soft keyboard so that the words don't get cut in mid sentence, because fragmented sentences are a fopah on the road to good grammar.

All the above rules apply in Challange mode games as well. If people complain, they are probablly dirty hackers, and you should not waste your time playing with them.

now one must think how this branches off into real life, and those who live life legit . . .

- Stores sell dupes, how else can they have so much of the same thing on the shelves?! The only way to be sure is to use and consume only what you find.

- All your friends are dupe accepting cheaters and will try and make you less legit, never trust them.

- You yourself could possibly be a dupe and your parents don't have the heart to tell you.

- Everyone else IS a cheater, therefore they are always wrong and you are always right.

This classic was posted just for Aurra's Sanity. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

~S N K

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-10-11 05:00 ]</font>

uhhhh yeah man w/e cause that makes no sense at all... then again im not an elitist if u gotta do all that... still to Aurra, sorry of accusing u of not being legit.

Aurra
Oct 12, 2003, 12:26 PM
On 2003-10-12 04:43, jt wrote:
still to Aurra, sorry of accusing u of not being legit.

Don't be. I'm sure just by reading my posts you can tell that I don't give half a crap about being legit. To be perfectly honest, the only reason I still am legit is because I haven't come across someone with a 35D Heaven Punisher yet. I seriously want that 35D Punisher. If I see one, I'm definitely trading for it.

BonusKun
Oct 12, 2003, 12:56 PM
uhhhh yeah man w/e cause that makes no sense at all... then again im not an elitist if u gotta do all that... still to Aurra, sorry of accusing u of not being legit.

It's not meant to make sense. If you seriously played like this fully then you need your head examined.

You are an Elitist more or less but the legits pwn you thing is really old. You're not the 1st person with a fart of a notion to spew that crap & you really won't be the last to do it either.

jt
Oct 12, 2003, 03:49 PM
On 2003-10-12 10:56, BonusKun wrote:

It's not meant to make sense. If you seriously played like this fully then you need your head examined.

You are an Elitist more or less but the legits pwn you thing is really old. You're not the 1st person with a fart of a notion to spew that crap & you really won't be the last to do it either.

hehe

Reaper_090
Oct 12, 2003, 03:52 PM
you can get good dupers, bad dupers, good legits and bad legits. Dont get on at dupers, get on at bad people

PABLOparavida
Oct 12, 2003, 07:10 PM
noone is better than the other. Dupers are just stronger than legits. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

jk. There are some really strong legits out there who don't need to dupe.

SpyroDi
Oct 12, 2003, 07:20 PM
I'm pretty unlegit,but I respect others preferences of play. I'm no asshole,but if someone is acting like one to me then I will just be one back. I pretty much base others' attitude on how they communicate within XBL voice chat.

If someone kindly asks me to change my weapon,I go get something less damaging or if not,cast Jellen/Zalure/Rafoie so I can still get experience.
However,if they go tell me 'go take that hacked sh** off you f***ing n00b' I simply ignore them and try to steal as much experience as possible. loL

But anyway,my first sentence makes my point.

jt
Oct 13, 2003, 05:59 PM
On 2003-10-12 17:20, SpyroDi wrote:
I'm pretty unlegit,but I respect others preferences of play. I'm no asshole,but if someone is acting like one to me then I will just be one back. I pretty much base others' attitude on how they communicate within XBL voice chat.

If someone kindly asks me to change my weapon,I go get something less damaging or if not,cast Jellen/Zalure/Rafoie so I can still get experience.
However,if they go tell me 'go take that hacked sh** off you f***ing n00b' I simply ignore them and try to steal as much experience as possible. loL

i bet u dont join "LEGIT ONLY PLZ" games do you? why cant all cheaters be like him/her then some legits wouldnt hate majority of cheaters... i meen some guy walks into my game and i politely, and as white as i can sound, ask him to leave cause this is a legit game... then he just stays, and kills, and stays, and kills, etc.

this gives a general impression of all cheaters if 60% of them do it...

i dont go into a game not named "LEGIT ONLY" and start askin people to leave or change their weapon because that is "their territory"

btw im one of those strong legits... HEY I PULLED OFF 679 ON ULTIMATE ONCE as a FOnewm

o yeah and "legits pwn j00!" is old and wont be post anymore... unless someone wants me to http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sheep.gif

capin_bucky_ohair
Oct 14, 2003, 11:00 PM
*hides in corner as she asks a question* Is it easy to detect a dupe from none dupe? I am guessing dupe would mean to copy an item excatly from the original one. I wouldn't know excatly because I only been online 2 times gamecube and pso. When I was able to play online for 2 months I was with legit friends and or in locked games alone. I am guessing the answer might lean towards no or something in that direction.

Zarana
Oct 15, 2003, 12:38 AM
I hate both legits and dupers. Classification is driving this game into the ground and lectures from either side are incredibly, ridiculously annoying. Seriously.

Superguppie
Oct 15, 2003, 03:27 AM
On 2003-10-14 21:00, capin_bucky_ohair wrote:
*hides in corner as she asks a question* Is it easy to detect a dupe from none dupe? I am guessing dupe would mean to copy an item excatly from the original one. I wouldn't know excatly because I only been online 2 times gamecube and pso. When I was able to play online for 2 months I was with legit friends and or in locked games alone. I am guessing the answer might lean towards no or something in that direction.

nice of you to be cautious when asking this. It's a much heard question. And as you expected, the answer is no. However, consider this. If it is an extremely powerful thing, or extremely rare, and someone is offering to give it away for free, take it to be a dupe...

Superguppie
Oct 15, 2003, 03:32 AM
On 2003-10-14 22:38, Zarana wrote:
I hate both legits and dupers. Classification is driving this game into the ground and lectures from either side are incredibly, ridiculously annoying. Seriously.

oops, two responses in two posts... Oh, well...
Seems you either hate yourself too (you have to be in one of those groups you know) or hate clasification. (I think it's the latter...)
Clasification doesn't have to be a bad thing. It is if ppl use it to judge and value others, which happens all too often.
However, my friends know I am legit, so they won't offer me dupes and limit the cheating in games with me when appropriate. I know most of them don't have a problem with using dupes/cheats and some even make dupes. So, when I play with them I don't complain.
We know eachothers classification, we respect eachothers oppinion, and together we have lots of fun.
What is there to hate?

Zarana
Oct 15, 2003, 12:35 PM
That's exactly what I hate about it, the assumption that you're either one or the other. You don't have to be either one until you make a conscious decision to do so and group yourself with them.

I only use items I find. Does this make me legit? Of course it doesn't, it just means that people who trade annoy me and I would rather not associate with them. It also means that I've got too much self-respect to use a crutch that somebody else originally found. I would never in a million years call myself a "legit," because frankly I don't care at all about right and wrong in this game. I only care about myself, and if I truly thought duping would benefit me, I wouldn't hesitate.

Another thing I absolutely abhor is the "war" between legits and dupers. Don't you people have anything better to do than shove your beliefs down each other's throats? It won't even work, either, so I don't know why either party bothers. Do dupers really need to justify themselves to some meaningless, insignificant people on a video game? No, just do what you want and don't care what others think, it doesn't matter how bad you get at PSO. Do legits really need to act like holy men and missionaries all the time, trying to purge PSO of injustice? Of course not, and it takes a lot of nerve to assume that you know what's right and wrong in a world made up of shades of gray anyway.

Both parties really bother me. Legits especially, since at least those lame dupers mind their own business.

Sarah_Tenshi
Oct 15, 2003, 02:52 PM
Those lame dupers do not mind their own buisness! If you were smart enough to read the topic, this post is not about a war between dupers and legits, its about the duper assholes that purpously come into a legit game to ruin it and kill everything, steal items, and make rude comments to piss off legit players.

I'm not saying that all dupers are assholes, its just the ones like those that make all dupers look bad.

jt
Oct 15, 2003, 02:58 PM
and you know whats even worse, is that the "asshole" dupers target legits, but they even mess with other dupers... they are the ones who ST needs to get, not the average cheater... i do care if someoen cheats, but as long as u dont join a "legit only" game i honestly dont have a problem with you, even though i dissagree with you gameplay style, doesnt meen we cant be "lobby friends"

i think that alot of people can agree with me on this post

Zarana
Oct 15, 2003, 03:01 PM
Oh, I agree with that. And like I said, I hate dupers. Especially the ones that pride themselves on items they didn't find.

But the fact is, I don't play in open games. So as someone who meets people in the Lobby, I never see the kind of dupers you made this topic about. As a lobby person, the party that really bothers me is the legits who give lectures on what people should and should not do in this game. Dupers rarely parade around Lobbies bragging about their items, but eletist legit lobby priests are a dime a dozen.

If I played in open games I would definitely have more of a distaste for those dupers. Because I don't like spending all ten of my Moon Atomizers on Lilly Megid, and quite frankly, dupers are usually much more prone to that.

However, by putting "legit only" in the title of a game, I've got to say you are kind of asking for it. It's human nature to want to go where you're not allowed, and it takes more than what most PSO players have to resist that temptation.

Aurra
Oct 15, 2003, 04:42 PM
On 2003-10-15 13:01, Zarana wrote:
However, by putting "legit only" in the title of a game, I've got to say you are kind of asking for it. It's human nature to want to go where you're not allowed, and it takes more than what most PSO players have to resist that temptation.

Amen. Dupers join legit games, legits badmouth dupers, people kill other players (on DC, at least). Why? Because it's the internet, and the big thing about the internet is its anonymity. For the most part, you can do rude things and never have to take responsibility for them. Of course, that doesn't mean that it's right to just go off and do whatever you like with reckless abandon, totally disregarding the wishes of others.

"You can correctly judge someone's character on what they will do when they believe they won't be caught."

raiden999
Oct 15, 2003, 04:48 PM
On 2003-10-13 15:59, jt wrote:

i bet u dont join "LEGIT ONLY PLZ" games do you? why cant all cheaters be like him/her then some legits wouldnt hate majority of cheaters... i meen some guy walks into my game and i politely, and as white as i can sound, ask him to leave cause this is a legit game... then he just stays, and kills, and stays, and kills, etc.

Umm... alot of people I know are just like him/her... as a matter of fact, a good majority are.

Superguppie
Oct 16, 2003, 02:35 AM
On 2003-10-15 10:35, Zarana wrote:
That's exactly what I hate about it, the assumption that you're either one or the other. You don't have to be either one until you make a conscious decision to do so and group yourself with them.

I only use items I find. Does this make me legit? Of course it doesn't, it just means that people who trade annoy me and I would rather not associate with them. It also means that I've got too much self-respect to use a crutch that somebody else originally found. I would never in a million years call myself a "legit," because frankly I don't care at all about right and wrong in this game. I only care about myself, and if I truly thought duping would benefit me, I wouldn't hesitate.

Another thing I absolutely abhor is the "war" between legits and dupers. Don't you people have anything better to do than shove your beliefs down each other's throats? It won't even work, either, so I don't know why either party bothers. Do dupers really need to justify themselves to some meaningless, insignificant people on a video game? No, just do what you want and don't care what others think, it doesn't matter how bad you get at PSO. Do legits really need to act like holy men and missionaries all the time, trying to purge PSO of injustice? Of course not, and it takes a lot of nerve to assume that you know what's right and wrong in a world made up of shades of gray anyway.

Both parties really bother me. Legits especially, since at least those lame dupers mind their own business.

It seems you got the idea that 'being legit' means being an elite anti duper. And 'being duper/dupe user' means you tick off legits.
Well, it isn'. I call myself legit because I use legit items only, not to judge others. The title 'legit' doesn't make one a nice guy, and 'duper' doesn't make one an asshole.
If you use only personal finds, you are definitely in the legit camp, although you are not militant. And you are missing a large part of the game (finding someone that can find nice stuff you can't and trading it for something you can find and the other can't) But from your comments, I take it that you don't like that part anyway. If you call that self-respect that's fine with me, but I just call it waste.

I do agree with your comment on the war thing. It is mostly fought by people that I categorize as the assholes from both camps. Luckily both camps have a lot of non-assholes too. And as always those are to suffer from the misbehavior of the assholes...

Mystil
Oct 16, 2003, 07:54 AM

That they do. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dupe users are sorta 'inbetween' this equation.

BogusKun
Oct 16, 2003, 09:15 AM
http://itsupport.cjb.net/

All legit and cheater crybabies should go there.

Anyways. why don't you just go somewhere else to play with people you know. It takes all that emotional stress you're suffering from.

I mean, that's like being mad at some punk kid who is rich. You're struggling to pay for college even though you are clean with no tattoos, no piercings, a history of never doing drugs, and you were in the honors program in High School alongside with a wonderful girlfriend. And the punk kid smokes pot, listens to heavy rock music, is musty sometimes, got a job, 3 girlfriends, rich, has a criminal background, and still gets into Harvard.

There are many people in the world like that. Face it. Deal with it, or walk away without saying shit.

Aurra
Oct 16, 2003, 04:28 PM
On 2003-10-16 00:35, Superguppie wrote:
...you are missing a large part of the game (finding someone that can find nice stuff you can't and trading it for something you can find and the other can't) But from your comments, I take it that you don't like that part anyway. If you call that self-respect that's fine with me, but I just call it waste.

I can speak from experience, because I know her. In case you didn't realize, PSO is not a very good game. In fact, the gameplay aspect of it absolutely reeks. Using the items is not the fun part for Zarana, it's finding them. There's absolutely no reason for someone who doesn't even really enjoy the gameplay of PSO to trade for items. To her and the rest of our friends, PSO is a basically AIM with a minigame to keep us busy.

Superguppie
Oct 17, 2003, 02:39 AM
On 2003-10-16 14:28, Aurra wrote:
I can speak from experience, because I know her. In case you didn't realize, PSO is not a very good game. In fact, the gameplay aspect of it absolutely reeks. Using the items is not the fun part for Zarana, it's finding them. There's absolutely no reason for someone who doesn't even really enjoy the gameplay of PSO to trade for items. To her and the rest of our friends, PSO is a basically AIM with a minigame to keep us busy.

PSO not a good game? Then why on earth have is it the game with the highest number of hours I spent on a game ever?
True, if you look at the individual parts, it isn't much, but the combination is absolutely lethal to me. If I had to play without trade (or without online) I would probably not have made it too far past 100 hours...

jt
Oct 17, 2003, 03:22 PM
On 2003-10-15 14:48, raiden999 wrote:

On 2003-10-13 15:59, jt wrote:

Umm... alot of people I know are just like him/her... as a matter of fact, a good majority are.

maybe psox is just full of more idiots...

PABLOparavida
Oct 17, 2003, 03:33 PM
Go GC!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aurra
Oct 17, 2003, 04:44 PM
On 2003-10-17 00:39, Superguppie wrote:
PSO not a good game? Then why on earth have is it the game with the highest number of hours I spent on a game ever?

Human interaction. Why is it possible to have fun playing stupid games like bingo and Jeopardy at school when the teacher doesn't have a lesson plan? Would you ever be caught dead playing such a game at home? It's fun at school because of the other people there that you wouldn't normally get to interact in such a way with. PSO alone is a CRAPPY game. Play it offline for a month and then say I'm wrong. It's only fun because you get to do it with other people. All online games share this common draw.

silforty
Oct 17, 2003, 07:55 PM
GC is a piece of crap nothing but kindergarden games so keep playin the kiddie cube Pablo

Mystil
Oct 17, 2003, 08:14 PM

...you are missing a large part of the game (finding someone that can find nice stuff you can't and trading it for something you can find and the other can't) But from your comments, I take it that you don't like that part anyway. If you call that self-respect that's fine with me, but I just call it waste.

Actually, I don't even emcourage trading, cause one..they usually will ASK for something they KNOW YOU DO NOT HAVE --if you asking for something REALLY simple that you know they would have. Then tell you no when you show them a list of all kinds of uber stuff. Then people want you to cough up several items to get one item from them. Trading just sucks.

Also Aurra, no ones making you pay for the game if you feel that way about it.

monkeyfist
Oct 17, 2003, 08:15 PM
On 2003-10-17 14:44, Aurra wrote:

On 2003-10-17 00:39, Superguppie wrote:

Human interaction. Why is it possible to have fun playing stupid games like bingo and Jeopardy at school when the teacher doesn't have a lesson plan? Would you ever be caught dead playing such a game at home? It's fun at school because of the other people there that you wouldn't normally get to interact in such a way with. PSO alone is a CRAPPY game. Play it offline for a month and then say I'm wrong. It's only fun because you get to do it with other people. All online games share this common draw.

i agree. but now i feel the human interaction is taking a turn for the worse with a$$holes running around

Mystil
Oct 17, 2003, 09:09 PM
Well complaining doesn't help. If you want ST to be more involved QUIT the game. They will surely get alarmed by the amount of players cancelling thier HL's. Japan alone really can't help ST run the servers, even if they do average 3200 users a day. You'd lose 1200 from that 3200 if everyone quit in unison. That's little over 1000 dollars lost.

As for me, I will keep playing this game. All that bothers me is the 300% thing. Peoples attitudes don't phase me. They are just 'people'. What can words do to you? Do they punch you? Do that cause cancer on you? If you meet an asshole, you either stoop to thier level, or ignore them and walk away. You people like to rant on about 'playing in locked games with your friends'. So why care about 'assholes' when you have these "friends"?

Worry about the wrongs things, I say. I worry about getting FSOD-Xed everytime I join a game. Not whether or not someone wants to play the game of 'Who's the ELITIST". Repetitive, it is, but it's the truth.

Aurra
Oct 17, 2003, 10:19 PM
On 2003-10-17 18:14, Silhouette wrote:

Yes, I know, but there are enough people on PSO that I can't see anywhere else to keep me paying the money. Plus, $8.95 a month is chump change, you could probably find it on the floor if you looked hard enough.

jt
Oct 18, 2003, 05:52 AM
On 2003-10-17 20:19, Aurra wrote:

Yes, I know, but there are enough people on PSO that I can't see anywhere else to keep me paying the money. Plus, $8.95 a month is chump change, you could probably find it on the floor if you looked hard enough.

chump change for if you arent broke... btw anyone like my new sig picture... it is a lil blurry though

Mystil
Oct 18, 2003, 08:28 AM
On 2003-10-17 20:19, Aurra wrote:

You missed the darn point. It's not just 8.95 we're talking about here. You SPEND atleast 75 for all this. HELLO the game is (probably 39.99 now) the modem was what? 19.99. K. You said it's a crappy game. Therefore you wasted your own darn money. And I'm excluding the online part. It's just 'aim' to you anyhow.

jt
Oct 18, 2003, 09:30 AM
one thing i must admit is that if PSO didnt have dupes/hacks/cheats it wouldnt be as good, these add some excitement to the game. gives us something to talk about. the best part about the game is the people... cmon we all hate some people, like Ryu20, but hes somethin to talk about. I may hate Civx, but its fun arguing with him. That is why offline is not so good. interaction is the best part about the game.

anyway, cheatin is a part of the game, idiots abuse it, and some people just do it cause it makes their game fun, either way its still fun to have cheaters/dupers/hackers as part of the game... what else would we have to talk about...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jt on 2003-10-18 09:34 ]</font>

Aurra
Oct 18, 2003, 11:06 AM
On 2003-10-18 06:28, Silhouette wrote:
You missed the darn point. It's not just 8.95 we're talking about here. You SPEND atleast 75 for all this. HELLO the game is (probably 39.99 now) the modem was what? 19.99. K. You said it's a crappy game. Therefore you wasted your own darn money. And I'm excluding the online part. It's just 'aim' to you anyhow.

No, I haven't always disliked PSO. For at least my first 1000 hours of play, I did enjoy playing the game and searching for items and such. Would I pay the approximate $100 I spent on the whole PSO package again, for 1000 more hours of entertainment? Youbetcha.

Mystil
Oct 18, 2003, 08:06 PM
No it is not 100$. You are wrong, even though you are NOT. But that's STILL not the point, cause I made MINE. There!

j/k

Don't care what some of you say though(:p) this is a fun behind game to me. Even offline. I just can't never...stay awake in Caves 2...

jt
Oct 19, 2003, 01:39 AM
back to the original subject, why do cheaters ruin legit games??? we should get an answer straight from an asshole...

bordering
Oct 19, 2003, 06:47 AM

w...wait a second. you're trying to say that Zarana doesn't concern herself at ALL with the PSO gameplay? forgive me but: o.O. this is the ONE person that i've seen write more essays nitpicking on various gameplay aspects besides myself. i mean, the ONE. someone who spends that much time thinking about damage cancel and what use of mechguns is acceptable and what FOs should and shouldn't do either

1. cares deeply about PSO gameplay

2. is totally and utterly insane to spend that much time ranting about something they don't give two shits about.

once again (and i hardly ever do this): o.O.

Aurra
Oct 19, 2003, 12:17 PM
No, don't get me wrong, she cares about PSO and being good at it. She just doesn't log on every day to go do a few Ruins runs because she loves it so much or admire her beautiful items as she hacks and slashes through boomas. Every night our group always take at least a half an hour trying to decide what to do because nothing ever sounds spectacular http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

silforty
Oct 19, 2003, 11:18 PM
Do not stretch the forum tables like that again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-10-22 13:43 ]</font>

HaLLa
Oct 20, 2003, 02:31 AM
I agree that if you want to play a certain way then others should respect that and not do that to you...

my suggestion would to be join a legit clan or something of that sorts...then you have other legits to play with

BonusKun
Oct 20, 2003, 07:59 AM
On 2003-10-19 21:18, silforty wrote:

Did you really feel the need to choke the shit out of this page with that non-spaced crap you just typed up?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-10-22 13:44 ]</font>

jt
Oct 20, 2003, 04:23 PM
On 2003-10-19 21:18, silforty wrote:

well i shortened it, but i hope this guy gets a wearning, even banned... dang i get a warning for saying g^y...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-10-22 13:45 ]</font>

PABLOparavida
Oct 20, 2003, 04:31 PM
dang i get a warning for saying g^y...

I didn't. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

silforty
Oct 20, 2003, 04:57 PM
neither did i

jt
Oct 22, 2003, 03:05 PM
sometimes i just hate the mods, they catch me if i just mess up barely, but this guy spams some crap and doesnt get a warning

chibi-magus
Oct 22, 2003, 09:31 PM
well when sarah helped me be legit again i had an interesting thought... what happened to all the challenge? you know? i mean the main challenge was to find weapons trade and have fun geting weapons for you. i mean you find a rare for a fo you dont have a fo so you turn around and trade with uh..lets say psogamer45 has a hu weapon so you trade.. but now its like everyone has everything..wheres the exitment of finduing a weapon wheres the fun of trading you know? that one of the main reasons i quit bein a person with dupes. i wanted to have fun not to kill everthin in one hit...hell even get to make your own mag..

chibi-magus
Oct 22, 2003, 09:38 PM
here this is from an assholes point of veiw i've been around so many lately that im starten to get there vibes lol heres quote:
i try to make legits get mad because they are weaker and well...legit was along time ago dupes are now they need to get with the progam and start hackin.. i mean listen its a whole new game now hackers came in and ruined it and you have to get with the program or be left in the dust

answer this was not from me but a asshole so dont be mad at me

Rudoku
Oct 25, 2003, 12:18 AM
On 2003-10-22 13:05, jt wrote:
sometimes i just hate the mods, they catch me if i just mess up barely, but this guy spams some crap and doesnt get a warning

Its because you have a FOnewm avatar...

jt
Oct 25, 2003, 05:32 AM
On 2003-10-24 22:18, Rudoku wrote:

On 2003-10-22 13:05, jt wrote:

Its because you have a FOnewm avatar...

lol i think it is O_o