PDA

View Full Version : MAXIMINA.... WTF

Ice_
Apr 1, 2001, 03:35 AM
Ok who else is getting htis gay spam???? so far i have talked to around 10 people that are getting this thing..... it is a message in simple mail that u recive at the ship selection screen and it says "AAAA" witch is just stupid.... i mean if they were gonna spam something atleast make it interesting.. who else is gettin this dumb thing???

lugus
Apr 1, 2001, 04:08 AM
I got the spam too!It's pretty annoying.I heard in the lobby that its a April Fools Joke. Reynard Fox from the GFaqs message board said
"Maximina is a guy who managed to find a glitch that allows him to send Simple Mail to people who's Guild Cards he doesn't have. It's like a mass mailer. He seems to be fairly decent, so don't worry to much, just ignore his messages. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif (I hear he's working up a message that reads "I'm coming to get you..." Instant panic, LOL...)"
I hope Sonic Team stops this soon.

Sai-Yuk
Apr 1, 2001, 04:30 AM
I haven't seen this happen... i think i'm gonna have to go on and see for myself... Lol

zanza
Apr 1, 2001, 04:42 AM
I RECEIVED THE SPAM TOO.
TWICE!

Maximum-Burst
Apr 1, 2001, 05:10 AM
a friend of mine told me he got it too. It is a virus i bet you betta watch out.

Omege12
Apr 1, 2001, 05:36 AM
Besides the point that it was a stupid mail, there is a serious part to this. What if hackers have found out how to send mail to everyone? PSO Spam..*shivers*..Let's hope not folks.

phoenx
Apr 1, 2001, 05:36 AM
yep, got a whole bunch today :

Maximum-Burst
Apr 1, 2001, 05:43 AM
Omege watch out they are sending it to you now. It will be tittled Maxi pad 4 eva

Omege12
Apr 1, 2001, 05:47 AM
On 2001-04-01 03:43, Maximum-Burst wrote:
Omege watch out they are sending it to you now. It will be tittled Maxi pad 4 eva

... ... ...

f0rge
Apr 1, 2001, 05:59 AM
i got the spam too, about a week ago, he was saying things like "soon you will all know maximena" and crap like that...pretty lame

Gericault
Apr 1, 2001, 06:00 AM
Maxi, where do you live that the authorities allow you to operate anything involving electricity?

A PSO virus is about as close to 'impossible' as you can get.

purhaze
Apr 1, 2001, 09:24 AM
yeah i got it too, as soon as i connected where it says ship select i got a mail from him as i was checking it i got 4 more, and i replyed and it stoped all he said was AAAA

Crystal
Apr 1, 2001, 10:12 AM
On 2001-04-01 03:59, f0rge wrote:
i got the spam too, about a week ago, he was saying things like "soon you will all know maximena" and crap like that...pretty lame[addsig]

I got that one to. Wish I paid more attention to it. Just yesterday I got 3 spam all said "AAAA". I want to know what this is all about. And I don't think you can mail him either, or else he just doesn't pay attention. I have one thing to say to him( acculy like 5 but... what ever) FREEEEAAAAAK!!!!!!!!

Xaken
Apr 1, 2001, 10:29 AM
The funny thing is, it's probably NOT some guy that figured out how to mass e-mail.

It's probably just some stupid server error. Some guy sent a mail to a friend in responce to the question "What game are you in?" or "What's the password?". And the reply was "AAAA".

Some how the simple mail server got caught in some loop where it keeps sending the mail out to everyone. If the replies are actualy getting back to this Maximina guy at all, he's probably just ignoring them (because he'd be getting hundereds).

KodiaX987
Apr 1, 2001, 11:08 AM
It might just be a 'bot', like those that say 'hi' when you enter a chatroom...

...and then there's the railgun auto-aim bot.

Serpico
Apr 1, 2001, 11:39 AM
I got the message about 3 times last night. All repeated 3 times in a row and I know several other people who got it at differant and random times

dt2
Apr 1, 2001, 12:53 PM
I got my first one today. All it had was "AAAA." Pretty wierd.

dt2
Apr 1, 2001, 01:53 PM
http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=26576&topic=601445

SaitoH
Apr 1, 2001, 02:26 PM
Bah! that's just sad. I just got my first maxima "aaa" mail today. *sigh* another problem begins.......

JayHale
Apr 1, 2001, 04:14 PM
OMG, you're kidding! Today while playing I got tons of mail all saying "AAAA" and I was getting super pissed. I told him if he didn't quit I was going to report him to Sega, and the messages stopped, thankfully that's all there was to it. But I'm glad that I'm not the only getting that junk mail either.

Dragon-Ibuki
Apr 1, 2001, 05:08 PM
Yep...Maxi is wrecking havoc on our mail. If yu wanna verbally abuse a somewhat non-existent entity (or an entity with a non-existent brain) I actually found the guy running into the lobby walls in Oberon 5. Eventually, he disappeared, but he later reappered...get this....behing the ship counter. And again running into the counter. After fuming at him for a minute, I jus' ignored him and proceeded to make cracks about his runnin' into the counter and continual 'twitching'.

Kobe
Apr 1, 2001, 06:07 PM
i got 2 from maximnia and one said BEGI the other said BEGJ not AAAA what is this all about