PDA

View Full Version : Vega get whats coming to ehm?

Auracom
Oct 7, 2003, 09:22 AM
Hehe I just logged on and was heading to Altair when I saw that Vega was gone. Then I headed to Antares 8 and people talking about it. Anyone know what happened?

CK20XX
Oct 7, 2003, 10:35 AM
Everyone says that it's just a regular server maitenence and it's nothing to worry about.

But it seems like it HAS to be somehow related to the Nei's Claw fiasco that took place yesterday.

rena-ko
Oct 7, 2003, 10:39 AM
fiasco? please tell.

about a single server being down... strange... afaik two game-servers are located at one hardware server.

Auracom
Oct 7, 2003, 10:39 AM
hehe Kinda interesting.

*wonders*

neko-chan
Oct 7, 2003, 10:44 AM
On 2003-10-07 08:35, CK20XX wrote:
But it seems like it HAS to be somehow related to the Nei's Claw fiasco that took place yesterday.

Uh? >_>;

Auracom
Oct 7, 2003, 10:45 AM
I think the fiasco was pretty much a duper got a hold of a Neis Claw. Then the rest writes itself. Mass Duped... I'm not exactly sure if thats it entirely. Maybe somebody wants to keep the Claws underwraps its a conspiracy! Nah I'm kidding who know what happened though. I just heard the Claw had become mass duped.

rena-ko
Oct 7, 2003, 10:48 AM
yeah, i noticed. before vulpes and i had a game yesterday, some lvl.180+ chara was in the lobby (of alt4!!) and gave them away for free...

sad sad sad... but i dont think thats the reason...

CK20XX
Oct 7, 2003, 10:56 AM
Yeah, that was the fiasco. The last truely rare weapon in the game was duped to heck and back. Everyone and their grandmother has one now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Vega being M.I.A. today is probably just a coincidence, but it's too eerie to ignore....

THE APOCOLYPSE IS COMING!! GRAB YOUR MEMORY CARDS AND RUN!!!!

Dhylec
Oct 7, 2003, 11:11 AM
On 2003-10-07 08:56, CK20XX wrote:
Yeah, that was the fiasco. The last truely rare weapon in the game was duped to heck and back. Everyone and their grandmother has one now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

hey dont jump to conclusion.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
i intend to build my racsl to ult & hunt for it w/my pals http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

CK20XX
Oct 7, 2003, 11:13 AM
Cool! May I join you, Dhylec? I don't have my own yet either.

trypticon
Oct 7, 2003, 12:04 PM
There are still some uber rares out there. The last few section ID cards are still a hot but almost impossible item to come by, and there are those swords that everyone is asking for, the DBs sword 3077 and flowens sword 3077. Personally, I was getting a bit tired of the real nee's claw being the only thing anyone would ever talk about in the lobbies. Now that everyone has one, at least people will shut up about it, and get back to playing the game. On the other hand, it does kind of suck that this happened because some people are probably going to go stupid and cancel their hunters license over it. I can only imagine how many parents have done that already due to the crap that NOVA is spamming in anteres 8. I know there are a lot of loons out there that are supporting his constant spam, but really, the last thing the american servers need is fewer players.

Jack
Oct 7, 2003, 12:41 PM
What I find amusing is that the majority of players will have to start a whole new character just to se the Nei's Claw, as 9 out of 10 of the people begging for it only play as HUmars or HUcasts. Cue an influx of large-bosomed HUnewearl named Pan, Bulma, Nei, or any other character from any RPG or animé.

Naagata_Clan
Oct 7, 2003, 01:30 PM
I think Vega is going through some massive overhaul to upgrade the servers and fix it. I think they are putting in stuff to cut back dupes or something... one of my buddies said that one of his friends is having a threat to have his account deleted because of duping... having mass dupes... and swearing in rooms. If that's true... I guess ST is doing SOMETHING right... for once...

Balbarei
Oct 7, 2003, 01:36 PM
Hope they doing it...

sick of this dupes :/

Delsaber
Oct 7, 2003, 01:50 PM
I was just wondering. When ST programmed the game, couldn't they fix some code to where it assigns a certain number to every rare weapon found. If the game detects the same weapon number twice (or more) than it deletes them? That would help to get rid of duping, wouldn't it? When the weapon is duped, it's special number would still be attached to the dupe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delsaber on 2003-10-07 11:52 ]</font>

Anubis_
Oct 7, 2003, 01:54 PM
I heard a lvl 200 char with max stats went to ragol on vega and got killed by a booma. It created a rip in the space time continuom and vega deleted itself.. and everyone that was on vega at the time went to hell...
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:NY-iGA1Fw_IC:outerspace.terra.com.br/retrospace/materiashttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:6ONZD73mcJQC:www.annyoung.net/hell.jpg
lol..
but seriously..
I dont think sega shut it down cause some one was duppin anything.. If they did then why didnt they do it before.. Or have they, but just before my time..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anubis_ on 2003-10-07 11:55 ]</font>

Naagata_Clan
Oct 7, 2003, 02:14 PM
On 2003-10-07 11:50, Delsaber wrote:
I was just wondering. When ST programmed the game, couldn't they fix some code to where it assigns a certain number to every rare weapon found. If the game detects the same weapon number twice (or more) than it deletes them? That would help to get rid of duping, wouldn't it? When the weapon is duped, it's special number would still be attached to the dupe.

Yeah that would work from FURTHER dupes... but it wouldn't do anything about the ones already in circulation... and there are a LOT Of them out there... besides... in order to do that they might have to release some sort of "patch" or something... and unlike the PSOX players... patching isn't something that would come very easily for GC players... unless they made it some sort of file that takes up space on our Memory Cards... I wouldn't mind that at all...

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 7, 2003, 02:27 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delsaber on 2003-10-07 11:52 ]</font>

A system like that would A.) not be able to guarantee a unique number for each item, unless it is found online
and B.) limit the number of items you could find.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Oct 7, 2003, 02:34 PM
Its happened before, Some guy BK...BLock Killed Vega 1, Its when he hacked into the block and fsoded everyone on it. Im not sure if its true but its has happened before.

Delsaber
Oct 7, 2003, 02:49 PM
I'm talking out when or if a new PSO comes out, like PSO2 or something and it was to be online only... It was just a thought...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delsaber on 2003-10-07 12:52 ]</font>

trypticon
Oct 7, 2003, 03:00 PM
I remember when the game was only a few months old, entire ships and blocks would dissapear sometimes. I don't know if anyone else remembers that, but I certainly do. But it has been quite a while since I went to the transfer options and a ship or block was missing from the list. Then again, Sonic Team has already taken down two of the Japanese ships, likely to recycle the twenty servers that were listed in them. Maybe they have done that with Vega as well.

Now, all we need is to get rid of Anteres, and the game will be perfect again. Oh yeah, and have Sonic Team corrupt the admin from Brinstar while they are at it, I'm tired of seeing his spam when I go into 8-1.

InFaMoUsFaTo
Oct 7, 2003, 03:12 PM
Actually. Vega is fine... We're the first to experience fall this year!

gallaugher
Oct 7, 2003, 03:13 PM
Getting rid of servers won't solve anything. The players you don't like will go to a different server like Altair since it's next on the list.

I'm sure Vega will be back.

VulpesMundi
Oct 7, 2003, 03:23 PM
Sonic Team actually try to fix the problems they could have avoided in the first place if they weren't incompetant? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif That's a hoot. I'll never believe it until I see it with my own eyes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif OMG, I'm gonna fall out of my chair if I don't stop laughing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Blanks
Oct 7, 2003, 09:16 PM
this morning experianced the same thing. In the morning thought id level up my Ramar from 18 to 20 and i noticed that vega wasnt there. Leveled up and went to school. Once back from school bam vega back. that would be funny if everyone was fsoded because ive only been playing for three days with my hunewearl Lucrece and alredy have been fsoded 5 times in vega.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif Take that Vega

monkeyfist
Oct 7, 2003, 09:46 PM
On 2003-10-07 19:16, Blanks wrote:
this morning experianced the same thing. In the morning thought id level up my Ramar from 18 to 20 and i noticed that vega wasnt there. Leveled up and went to school. Once back from school bam vega back. that would be funny if everyone was fsoded because ive only been playing for three days with my hunewearl Lucrece and alredy have been fsoded 5 times in vega.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif Take that Vega

just don't go to vega. i'm officialy scared of that place

Blanks
Oct 7, 2003, 09:58 PM
But people i know and trust play most of the time at vega. i dont want them to have to move to another ship and be a burden.

Andvaranaut
Oct 7, 2003, 10:09 PM
Server disappearance isn't exactly a new thing, and could be attributed to either Sonic Team's periodic maitenance and/or hexmod/hackers.

For those of us that remember the glory days of DC PSO, there were often stretches of days where the ships Oberon, Titania, and Puck all went AWOL. And oftentimes, it wasn't just those ships, but individual blocks from the others as well.

...Times like this that I miss good 'ol Cordelia 4-2...never a care or NOL'er in the world...

Reece
Oct 7, 2003, 10:48 PM
On 2003-10-07 11:54, Anubis_ wrote:
I heard a lvl 200 char with max stats went to ragol on vega and got killed by a booma. It created a rip in the space time continuom and vega deleted itself.. and everyone that was on vega at the time went to hell...
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:NY-iGA1Fw_IC:outerspace.terra.com.br/retrospace/materiashttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:6ONZD73mcJQC:www.annyoung.net/hell.jpg
lol..
but seriously..
I dont think sega shut it down cause some one was duppin anything.. If they did then why didnt they do it before.. Or have they, but just before my time..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anubis_ on 2003-10-07 11:55 ]</font>

Is that a Hildebear in Forest 1?

Lord_of_Nightmares
Oct 7, 2003, 11:00 PM
Well about the hunnies, its sad, since dc I have play hunnies and fonnies, now i have a 128 and a 72, I was pround to use a not so common char... but now... I would recive more messages, of newbie, copycat, etc.

Soja-Soulcrusher
Oct 8, 2003, 02:28 AM
HAIL THE LORD OF NIGHTMARES!!!

Ahem.

Yus... I find it rather sad and ridiculous that people would change character types for the sole, mere, trivial usage of ONE weapon.

Nei's Claw may be powerful and it may have Spirit, but claws are a bit lacking in functuality. Power isn't everything, you know. The animation for the third attack leaves you wide open for a hit...

Did Nei's Claw finally get duped to Hell? This thought entered my mind as a HUnewearl who joined my game equipped a reddish pink folding claw. Although I had never seen it before, the name "True Nei's Claw" entered my mind. "Lucky fool," I thought. Then, after destroying Dal Ra Lie, I went to dinner.

I came back and almost every game I joined had a HUnewearl wielding that damned claw. I guess my answer is yes. I'm happy with my replica until I get a Rika's, thank you very much! HUmars wouldn't look good with that, anyway!

AngelAlys
Oct 8, 2003, 06:13 AM
For information on the Real Nei's mass duping, read the Enough is Enough post that is now locked, but if you start talking about it here too then this post will also be locked... just giving you the skinny!

Olga-Rappy
Oct 9, 2003, 05:52 AM
On 2003-10-07 19:16, Blanks wrote:

No... the dupers just got all of the Fall visual renovations first. Of course ST wouldn't fix it, you all should know better!

Still though... It's like what Dark Falz did to Pioneer 1... completely destroyed without a trace.

BlackRanger
Oct 9, 2003, 07:30 AM
It would have been cool to see Dark Falz annihilating all of Vega http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kurosawa
Oct 10, 2003, 02:28 PM
The best thing ST could do would be program in a patch that instantly perma bans people with max stats. I mean, it isn't possible in the games programming, and therefore should be easy to detect. That would rid us of some of the scum.

I love ST's games, but their handling of the PSO servers has always been bad. For $8.95 aq month, I was really hoping they would vigorously ban cheaters. I should have known better, I guess.

Is Bluefull Card still rare? I just found one 2 days ago, in offline Seaside.

Jack
Oct 10, 2003, 02:51 PM
On 2003-10-10 12:28, Kurosawa wrote:
The best thing ST could do would be program in a patch that instantly perma bans people with max stats. I mean, it isn't possible in the games programming, and therefore should be easy to detect. That would rid us of some of the scum.

On 2003-10-10 00:47, Jack wrote:
The Max Stats thing is probably undetectable because when you use a material, one stat goes up and the material counter goes up by one. The stats themselves are saved in the file, and not in the form of say "What ATP would be at L99, plus however many Power Mats used". It'd be more economical on space to use "What ATP is" and "How many mats in general used".

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=67417&forum=4&14

Why I reckon it's not possible.

FIERY
Oct 10, 2003, 09:15 PM
can someone tell me who the hfil is vega? i know i have a char. called vega... but... O.o

CrimsonII2
Oct 11, 2003, 12:21 AM
umm, Vega is the name of the first US GC pso server, all 4 are Vega, Altair, Deneb, and Antares (and they are listed in that order) allthough I hadn't a clue that vega had disappeared, I never saw any ships disappear before, interesting indeed

SpyroDi
Oct 11, 2003, 01:22 AM

I love ST's games, but their handling of the PSO servers has always been bad. For $8.95 aq month, I was really hoping they would vigorously ban cheaters. I should have known better, I guess.

Max stats IS possible without using any cheating devices or exploits.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1296

I dunno about that Bluefull Card though,I'm pretty sure all the cards are pretty rare.

FIERY
Oct 11, 2003, 12:43 PM
On 2003-10-10 22:21, CrimsonII2 wrote:
umm, Vega is the name of the first US GC pso server, all 4 are Vega, Altair, Deneb, and Antares (and they are listed in that order) allthough I hadn't a clue that vega had disappeared, I never saw any ships disappear before, interesting indeed

so... youre saying that vega's some kind of ship?

Cerris
Oct 11, 2003, 01:07 PM
ship is an online sevrer... in the srver there r blocks, each block is its own thing.... with its own people....

I was in vega when it happened and i can no longer get online.... 0_o

i need sum stuff for my new RAcast...
bye vega.... Lol

Superguppie
Oct 13, 2003, 02:50 AM

they might have if PSO were an all online game. However, yuor char and all your items are stored locally, and you can find'em offline as well as online. No way to keep track of stuff offline...

Olga-Rappy
Oct 13, 2003, 04:33 AM

HOLY FNUCK. Are you serious?

Congratulations on legitly finding the rarest item from the only signifigantly bad (and I mean signifigantly) Section ID.

You get TWO cookies.

FIERY
Oct 13, 2003, 11:34 AM
ok.... but y do people hate it so much?

Superguppie
Oct 14, 2003, 02:18 AM
On 2003-10-13 09:34, FIERY wrote:
ok.... but y do people hate it so much?

Not everybody hates it. The problem is there are a lot of dupers, hackers and bad ppl there. Although the badness of dupers and hackers is an ongoing debate, the bad ppl are making it a not so nice place to be. If you wanna get FSODed go there...

Or at least, that's what I heard of it. Never been there. Don't feel the need....
Anyone that can set me straight here???

fyrewyre
Oct 14, 2003, 09:31 PM
On 2003-10-07 20:09, Andvaranaut wrote:
Server disappearance isn't exactly a new thing, and could be attributed to either Sonic Team's periodic maitenance and/or hexmod/hackers.

For those of us that remember the glory days of DC PSO, there were often stretches of days where the ships Oberon, Titania, and Puck all went AWOL. And oftentimes, it wasn't just those ships, but individual blocks from the others as well.

...Times like this that I miss good 'ol Cordelia 4-2...never a care or NOL'er in the world...

i tried to explain that the servers were taken down for repair...but some noob seamless<> and company were all busy bowing and praising some guy saying he killed the servers. later on the servers came back on with fall stuff added. i blame Vegans for this amassed panic and rumors spread through pso.

NodMan
Oct 15, 2003, 01:45 PM
I want to know who that dupper was because I was going to do that with my hacked Nei's Claw with 127% to A-Beast, Machine, and Dark.

Mist
Oct 15, 2003, 04:56 PM
Same stuff.
Different platform.

As it has been before, so it will be again.

Anyway, as mentioned above - Claws leave you WIDE OPEN.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 15, 2003, 05:51 PM
On 2003-10-14 19:31, fyrewyre wrote:
i blame Vegans for this amassed panic and rumors spread through pso.

Those darn Vegans... Only Vegans will question what's in their Veggie Burgers. =P