PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell if an item is duped?

Typhoon
Oct 8, 2003, 02:26 AM
I've been playing offline for awhile now and started playing online a weeks ago. In light of the Nei's scandal I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to tell if a item has been duped?

Memphis
HUmar
LV 77
BLUEFULL

Coxy
Oct 8, 2003, 02:31 AM
On 2003-10-08 00:26, Typhoon wrote:
I've been playing offline for awhile now and started playing online a weeks ago. In light of the Nei's scandal I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to tell if a item has been duped?

Memphis
HUmar
LV 77
BLUEFULL

um, only if its a weapon that has major percentages, like 100 on 3 different things, other than that it can be hard, especially if its just crappy rares, like varistas

VulpesMundi
Oct 8, 2003, 03:00 AM
There is no surefire way to tell an item is duped or legit. It takes a bit of faith and a lot of common sense. If someone is trading you a valuable item with some rediculous stats, it's a pretty good chance that item is duped and/or modded (especially if they want little or nothing in exchange). Most people wouldn't part with an item of great value unless they're getting an even more valuable item or combination of items in exchange. Just basically use common sense.

CrimsonII2
Oct 8, 2003, 04:55 AM
well, also maybe not something thats got major stats, but something that multiples of the item with certain percentages have been seen, like the lavis weapons with 20%, I don't think that they have a list here, but over at another forum that I visit, we have a list compiled by about 3 or 4 people of things that are considered known dupes (I'm one of those people who have helped add to the list also), but if you know what percentages are common for dupes, you can get an idea of what to look out for, go here to see the list that we've compiled so far http://pub156.ezboard.com/fpsoalliancefrm12.showMessage?topicID=93.topic

edit: it is quite a large list though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrimsonII2 on 2003-10-08 02:57 ]</font>

tank1
Oct 8, 2003, 06:53 AM
if u want to avoid dupes only trade with friends apart from that just look out for ridiculous percentages.

Cerris
Oct 9, 2003, 04:45 PM
if it is a TJS

Jkid
Oct 9, 2003, 06:12 PM
If ST or MS have the time to create a patch saying that players that have already have those items must dispose of them in order to continue playing online, I would be happy. But alas, it might trigger a big subscriber loss from the game. But this will bring more legit gamers to the game.

VioletSkye
Oct 9, 2003, 07:21 PM
On 2003-10-09 16:12, Jkid wrote:
If ST or MS have the time to create a patch saying that players that have already have those items must dispose of them in order to continue playing online, I would be happy. But alas, it might trigger a big subscriber loss from the game. But this will bring more legit gamers to the game.

Not everyone wnats to play legit. The sooner that realization sinks into your skull the sooner you can move on with your life. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

The_Hero_Of_Time
Oct 9, 2003, 08:16 PM

Ummmm....why do people care soooo much how others play, play in locked games with friends if it bothers so much. Plus it might not be fair to the people who traded for the items not knowing that they are duped.

jssDevil-Like
Oct 10, 2003, 02:17 AM
On 2003-10-09 18:16, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:

Ummmm....why do people care soooo much how others play, play in locked games with friends if it bothers so much. Plus it might not be fair to the people who traded for the items not knowing that they are duped.

OMG!! THANK YOU..these so-called "legits" make me sick. I get hell for a double cannon but i see the same people that dish it out, using the same things i have..down to the same %'s.

Superguppie
Oct 10, 2003, 02:57 AM
On 2003-10-10 00:17, jssDevil-Like wrote:
OMG!! THANK YOU..these so-called "legits" make me sick. I get hell for a double cannon but i see the same people that dish it out, using the same things i have..down to the same %'s.

Yeah, those are the worst. I am legit by choice and leave others their choice. And I don't really understand those legits calling dupers/dupe users names. But the ones that call themselves legits and then pull out an ueber-dupe they can only use with their hacked MAG (I am not a duper, I traded this!) are really beyond me...
Play well, play nice, have fun. AND DON'T COMPLAIN!

Caecilius
Oct 10, 2003, 12:19 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself, Superguppie.

Being a dupe user myself I know how people feel when they get slagged off just for pulling out that 90/90/0/100 Snow Queen or that 5/1/194/0 Dreamcast mag. (So don't even bother flaming.)

Some people take it too far, though. Take the time I used a completely legit Varista, straight zeros, and my hand-made Apsaras, in a Hard game.

Being a level 23 RAmar as I was at the time, it seemed logical for me to use tacky little first-category 9* rares like that Varista.

What did I get? A "STFU" (can someone please explain the meaning of that?) and three people calling me a "M*****F***ing Duper", one of whom then FSODed me personally.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

On top of that, the same guy (I forget his name) found me in the lobby as I got online again and used a middle-finger-symbol before calling me a dick.

So why do people like this idiot hate dupers and dupe users? He couldn't tell whether or not my gear was duped, he had no knoqwledge of my history, he didn't even realise I existed.

Superguppie
Oct 13, 2003, 03:44 AM
Well, last time I checked STFU is shorthand for Shut The Fuck Up. (sorry for the abusive language, but I like saying things the way they are. I never use this, either in full or shorthand...)

These guys are even beyond the ones I meant. Calling someone a duper and other names, ok. But using a hack to bother a duper????
ANY CHEATING, INCLUDING FSOD-ING SOMEONE, MAKES YOU JUST AS BAD AS ANY OTHER ASSHOLE DUPER/HACKER.
(read carefully. I don't mean all dupers/hackers are assholes. I was just addressing the the ones that ARE)