PDA

View Full Version : Do you Reverser/Anti every team member?

opaopajr
Oct 8, 2003, 07:40 AM
Honestly I don't. I've played solo for so long and expect whenever I am with a team that everyone can pull their own weight (unless I'm power-leveling an under-level obviously). I've played with one too many teams where 1 incompetent player has Felix the Cat Bag of Rares and runs to the front to vacuum up every visible item without thought to the team.

These people get on my nerves. i eventually stopped playing with them and switched to closed rooms only (it was a sad day, lost of faith in humanity). but it was hard to build up a roster of good players back then without open rooms to see how they play. trust is all but dead in PSO for the poor newbie. it's all about lobby room chats now i'm sure... sad.

when i previously had to deal with irritants like said above people I would just not resta/anti/reverser at the merest whim. Too often, as a FOmarl, i was relegated to the healer who deserved no exp. or items (even though i was many times the most capable fighter; sad if you are the sole force and the best melee fighter... but that's another topic). too often i had to save people from really bad combat strategy and horrible tactical form. after a while i just got sick of it.

I realised that antiparalysis is 60 meseta and it's 1 of the few items that you really need (seeing that para prevents anti) and inexcusable to not have if you are anything higher than lvl 5. so when i'd have lvl 50 characters charge headlong into belras or traps and get paralyzed and then IN THE HEAT OF BATTLE sit about and ask me to anti them i would ignore them. i'm a team member, not your babysitter, learn to pack antiparalysis.

and when you hit around lvl 20+ there's no excuse to not carry a few sol atoms with you all the time. i, who play many force characters, carry sol atoms all the time (unless i have the old state/maintenance, which i'm glad they changed; broken in my opinion). with sol atoms it is faster to cure yourself than run crying back to your force babysitter... I've even had some fools get in my way almost getting me killed constantly asking for anti! what poor etiquette!

so i ask, who here has felt the same way and done this? who left a mooching incompetent paralyzed because they are more trouble than they are worth? how about dead? i, sorry to say, have done both and feel it reflects badly on the community that i, who is normally very giving and forgiving, was pushed past my point of tolerance. am i alone as a cruel jerk, or anyone else felt/done this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: opaopajr on 2003-10-08 05:48 ]</font>

fireant
Oct 8, 2003, 08:05 AM
I use Reverser and Anti on everyone its just what I do

Mman2000
Oct 8, 2003, 08:15 AM
They could have run out of antiparalysis you know.

But yeah I agree that they shouldn't run up and ask for anti in the heat of battle, after the room is clear I would use it on anyone who needed it. Sol atomizers are cheap too, especially on Vhard and ult when you can pick up 1 or 2 meseta blocks and easily afford it.

The only exception to that is when it's a boss fight, I usually try to heal and revive anyone who needs it then.

SHIZIC
Oct 8, 2003, 08:28 AM
that what a force is suppose to do.

rena-ko
Oct 8, 2003, 08:43 AM
if i see one hogging all fluid items and not casting, i'd think twice before reviving/healing that person. but in the end... giving a good example and maybe a little discussion might change their mind.

_Sinue_
Oct 8, 2003, 09:03 AM
I've been known to leave Moon Atomizers on the corpses of annoying self-centered idiots who weren't paying attention to what they were doing. PSO is a team game, and you should leave the single player attitude offline. If you don't want to contribute to the team, then don't expect the team to help you out. I often give them fair warning, gameplay tips, and examples. If you make a mistake, you make a mistake - everyone does. If you refuse to learn from your mistakes, you're ignorant. I do not reward ignorance at the cost of MY meseta, MY TP, or MY chance to get EXP.

neko-chan
Oct 8, 2003, 09:09 AM
I revive/anti/resta/s&d pretty much anyone... even HUmars and RAmars (the real PSO scumbags). But... if they behave like total assholes, I like to insult and make fun of them. Also, I have a shortcut that says "Duped BKB and TJ players don't get any resta/moon/help". Ironically, the worst players (the ones which need a lot of care) are usually BKB and TJ Sword players. ._.

Coxy
Oct 8, 2003, 09:25 AM
I'm a HUmar and I often find myself healing and casting anti on other players because they are stupid and just rush into things without looking, even when I've warned them about traps, enemies that suddenly spawn etc etc :|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coxy on 2003-10-08 07:26 ]</font>

M_BlackHawk
Oct 8, 2003, 09:37 AM
I usually play a HUnewearl or FOmarl, so I tend to wind up using Anti or Reverser quite a bit, especially with Rhiana, my FOmarl.

Basically, I can still get xp playing the support force, by casting Jellen/Zalure, and then let the melee's wail away.

Mind you, with Lara or Jessica, my HUnnies, They tend to Resta/Shifta/Deband/Reverser/Anti, as well, but that's only when THEY'RE not wailing away with either Lara's partisans or Jessie's sabers.

I play my characters like I write them in my fanfics. ^_^

later

M_BlackHawk

Valleo
Oct 8, 2003, 11:38 AM
Yes, yes I do resta/moon/reverser/anti everyone. On occasion, if a teammate is surrounded and cant move Ill even use a Star Atomiser as a droid to help out.

But then again, Ive given up on playing with strangers. Ill only play with people I know, or the people that they know. The only time ill play with strangers is when Im playing C mode, and even that can be frustrating at times. When you play with freinds (who are all good team players) you dont tend to have the same problems that all of you are talking about.

navci
Oct 8, 2003, 12:34 PM
My two mains are Forces so.
Yes. I feel your pain!
Though, I have learned to sneak in hits even when others are hogging. Gizonde is really great for that. Of course, that is assuming they let you run into a room that still has a monster in it.

... Now I only play with friends. Like you I have lost faith in random people. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Sad really because PSO is really about meeting new people. In the heat of battle I can never do anti/reverser. I do heal constantly though (but my support range is... tiny). I don't think you should anti/reverser in the heat of battle unless you are just plain capable. I agree though everyone should have some Sols on them. Heck, everyone should have some basic items on them for recoverying and healing. As a FO I don't carry moons and telepipes around and I learned the lesson the hard way when I was doing "Today's Rate". (ya know, shrinking with no techs and megid traps. =P)

PABLOparavida
Oct 8, 2003, 04:01 PM
I don't i just ignore them. Unless i'm my force then i do.

Logical2u
Oct 8, 2003, 05:50 PM
I usually play the Support Character. But I'm stingy.

Usually I'm in a game called "Legits Only" and some idiot comes in with level 30 RAfoie at level 60. Then they run into a room of Dimenains and die.

Those people get 0 moon atomizers. And 0 ryukers.

deathdragon2006
Oct 8, 2003, 08:39 PM
well not all hunters are that bad i'm one and i rag on the one's with the bkb's and slut swords but i use red sword and stuff hate the tj swords.but it's the same for my force i usually only cast resta for my friends and leave the moon's on the corpses of the dead that i hate

Rep0
Oct 8, 2003, 09:12 PM
On 2003-10-08 07:09, neko-chan wrote:
Also, I have a shortcut that says "Duped BKB and TJ players don't get any resta/moon/help". Ironically, the worst players (the ones which need a lot of care) are usually BKB and TJ Sword players. ._.

What about us legit BKB owners that are team players?

Velocity_7
Oct 8, 2003, 09:26 PM
Unless the people I'm playing with are total assholes (which is very unlikely since I'm quite careful with who I play with), I'd Reverser/Anti anyone who needs it. I'm just that type of nice guy who doesn't like other people dying for no reason.

Cerris
Oct 8, 2003, 09:49 PM
im 2 nice 2 do that...
my hunter s a healer!
he only needs fluids and moons!

Sarah_Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003, 10:35 PM
I gotta say, my character is 90% support and 10% combat techs. Im the kind of player that will run into a dangerous area to heal another person, so it's very rare for me to have to use Reverser. I can sometimes go through all of episode 1 with a 4 person team and keep every one of them from dying, with the exeption of a megid once in a while. The moment S&D wears off, Im on it. I use J/Z on almost all the enemies, and Im certainly not a RAfoie monkey. And I tend to gain a lot of respect that way.

But then theres players that dont really deserve support from me. Even though Ill still do it, unless they get rude about it, demanding S&D every breathing second.

I hope to play alongside some of you sometime!

Superguppie
Oct 9, 2003, 02:12 AM
Well, as a higlvl RAmar, with a FOnewearl as second char, I am often the support char in the team. And that means I Resta/Star, Anti and Moon whoever needs it. For the items that is bad, but not for the EXP. Both chars have excelent long range attacks. 1 hit is enough to get the EXP. My favorite FO techs are Zonde and GiZonde: high range and not too picky with aim. My RA has Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen as favorites...
However annoying the babysitting is, it is the faith of the support char.
And if I find a teammate that is really annoying I ask for better behavior once. If there is no improvement I leave.

opaopajr
Oct 9, 2003, 05:47 AM
yeah, this topic is really about how long you tolerate that irritating thorn in the group i guess. I always tried to keep my team healthy (even if i'm an android character =D), but i found i have limits and was wondering if anyone here found their's too.

that said i remember playing the role of support FOnewearl. other characters were between 100-130 and i was only 80s (with some devil techs and some really sweet j/z for some reason; ask the section ID gods). We were doing an Ult run in caves and mines. i had a higher j/z s/d tech than anyone and decided my best bet was support force. it was fun! i hotkeyed razonde for exp. and j/z for the mobs. they were commenting off hand that playing that run was "somehow suddenly a lot easier." i smiled. i had done my job.

I also did that with my RAcaseal and traps (they tag monsters and therefore grant exp., for those who don't know). same situation; i was 80 they were high, we were in ult. i just became a trap 'droid. i'd run around the mob and gather them before they went in (was playing faster than them to keep up with exp). I'd trap them and then let the team work. with starting 10x of each trap that's 30 mobs to tag to get exp before going back up for more traps (usually 20, damage traps are more emergency defense). it somehow worked very well. they rarely had to heal me. i could delay mobs very well with stand/flinch tactics (a skill learned from so many force chars). naturally i needed to wait for them to kill the monsters, but i turned into a valuable decoy player.

guess the thing was i carried my weight, even if i had to play completely differently. it just bugs me when people don't and don't even try. i can understand the new and inexperienced, but at least they try. but the lvl 50+ boneheads that still have trouble figuring out that you don't NEED that 3rd attack in the combo and are always begging for stuff/help, they irritate me. it's like i must be their crutch for their lack of learning how to play the game. that i feel is unfair.

neko-chan
Oct 9, 2003, 06:00 AM
On 2003-10-08 19:12, Rep0 wrote:

On 2003-10-08 07:09, neko-chan wrote:
Also, I have a shortcut that says "Duped BKB and TJ players don't get any resta/moon/help". Ironically, the worst players (the ones which need a lot of care) are usually BKB and TJ Sword players. ._.

What about us legit BKB owners that are team players?

I'll let you know about ut, if I'll ever meet one. ^_^

Mystil
Oct 9, 2003, 08:33 AM
Yes. And for awhile I had to use my ANTI MERGE to make sure I get all of them, if all are effected. But 30 levels later, my Anti range is almost full room length. Don't need the merge anymore. I'm very quick and responsive to a status effect coming on someone. As soon as I see the status symbol, I fire off anti. This responsivness is also the same with Resta. HP bar down to half or about this much: #---# I fire off Resta.

I do not use Rafoie because of my class restriction on it's power. I can only do 160 with it, in mines. 210 with Gifoie, which is what I meanly use.

Reverser is something I'm still working on though. I have let alot of players down, by not being very responsive with this tech. It just takes too long to cast. Outside of boss fights, I'll reverser someone. In boss fights, I'll use moons. I don't like the feeling of being responsible for the loss of exp to someone I could not revive on time with slow reverser.

Kent
Oct 9, 2003, 10:09 AM
I try to keep everyone in shape, unless they're making asses of themselves...

Naagata_Clan
Oct 9, 2003, 02:41 PM
Well lets see, normally when this kind of thing comes up I am playing as Yuki, my FOmarl. Well, since i role play online, its all about how you were playing. If you were playing "magic vacuum" and taking up everything and anything in sight, then don't expect her to go out of her way to aid you.

As far as the XP issue goes, that's why FOs have those oh so great techs of Jellen and Zalure. You still get XP for casting those puppies, so you might as well throw in your 2 cents into the fray right?

Third, I know what it's like to be one of the stronger melee fighters in the group. I think its kind of messed too when it's a FOmarl with a Double Saber, but eh whatever, it happens. If it does, just suck it up, and pull your weight!

Fourth, EQUIPMENT MEANS almost nothing to me. I almost EXPECT everyone I play with to be using super duped stuff. You can use your BKB or TJ, but don't dis me because I'm a FOmarl with a Double Saber. Attitude is everything when it comes to recieving my support. If you suck up everything, and make fun of me and such, and call me a lazy FO for not supporting you right away, it results in my standing and looking at your char, then using my preprogrammed phrase of "...Now look at who is the weak one..."

SHIZIC
Oct 9, 2003, 03:25 PM
I know this makes me look like a noob but I just have to know what does BKB mean

Ketchup345
Oct 9, 2003, 03:29 PM
On 2003-10-09 13:25, SHIZIC wrote:
I know this makes me look like a noob but I just have to know what does BKB mean

Black King Bar (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=510), one of, if not the most powerful Double Sabers. Its also one of the most boring looking. Most are hacked/duped but it is not impossible to get legit one (Redria Resting at the Beach, now a dead quest) and enough Photon Drops led to a lot of legit BKBs somewhat recently.

Edit: Put the link in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-10-09 13:34 ]</font>