PDA

View Full Version : Halo!!!

Fefnir
Oct 8, 2003, 06:11 PM
Anyone else here play Halo? I've just bought it for the PC and I've been playing it nonstop for the past 12 hours. Best game evar... Eh... just wanted to know if there are any other Halo addicts out there.

ginko990
Oct 8, 2003, 06:39 PM
I play the XBOX version lol. As everyone knows, great game, and I'm sure online Multiplayer dosn't hurt.

PABLOparavida
Oct 8, 2003, 07:10 PM
I heard its a great game but only multiplayer.

Inu_Ranma
Oct 8, 2003, 07:30 PM
I actually like the single player better, but that's just me.

I'm very much looking forward to HL2 and Doom 3.

PABLOparavida
Oct 8, 2003, 07:55 PM
Halo2 looks awesome.

Kizaragu
Oct 8, 2003, 09:09 PM
Ah Halo.
A friend of mine shares this huge house with a bunch of work colleagues and they all have an Xbox. This allows us (If everyone's up for it and if there is enough of us there) to have huge Multiplayer Matches. (Haven't managed the full 16, but we've come close).

Team games are the best though.
Red team downstairs, Blue team Upstairs.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah memories.

_Sinue_
Oct 8, 2003, 11:19 PM
I think it's over-rated - as a single player game anyhow. I can definately see the potential in Multiplayer, but since I'm on Xbox with no other Xbox owning friends around it doesn't do me a whole lot of good.

I can't wait to see what they come up with in Mods and TC's for the PC version. Counter Strike for Half-Life was beautiful - and I can only imagine what Halo's engine is going to allow gamers to do with it.

silvermax
Oct 9, 2003, 03:34 AM
Halo single player IS AWSOME, not over rated at all
just gota beat it on legendary for the full effect of it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

how many of you HALO pc'ers had to turn down the graphics due to poor performance?

I didnt think the game was Mod-able.. i would like to see if that is posible

Rep0
Oct 9, 2003, 04:17 PM
On 2003-10-09 01:34, silvermax wrote:
how many of you HALO pc'ers had to turn down the graphics due to poor performance?

Only things I did were disable Specular effects(oh no no shiny surfaces) and turn off vsynch. I get as high as 95FPS and I've never dropped below 20FPS

Athlon XP at 1.53GHz
512 MB DDR
ATi Radeon 9500 Pro

Logical2u
Oct 9, 2003, 04:41 PM
I want to get it. The fuel rod gun sounds awesome...

Scenario: Blood Gulch with vehicles. Team play.

Someone has taken a tank and started sniping a spawn point with the main cannon.

Someone comes up in a ghost, jumps out, and launches a fuel rod at the driver.

*BLAM*.

Ah... fun!

PS: Memories: getting the Ghost into the Blood Gulch passage.
Killing my friends with ghosts.
Putting all the vehicles into the center of Blood Gulch.

Toruxxx
Oct 9, 2003, 05:17 PM
question do u have to pay to play halo online on the pc like planetside if u dun i will buy it. can u tell me who plays it on the pc.