PDA

View Full Version : Trouble connecting online

Kiiro
Oct 8, 2003, 09:32 PM
Alright, I have everything nice and set up, my current service provider is Wal-Mart Connect ( Its yet another branch of AOHELL ), I try to connect to PSO but it says "Could not retrieve login information". What the heck is the problem? Is Wal-Mart Connect even compatable with PSO?!

Rich_T
Oct 9, 2003, 11:45 AM
dial up 56k, or broadband?

Kiiro
Oct 9, 2003, 12:43 PM
Dial up 56k with Wal-Mart Connect (another branch of AOHELL)

Rich_T
Oct 9, 2003, 05:23 PM
does it use its own software to connect?

if it usues AO(hel)L software to connect it is probbaly incompatable, as a test you should be able to establish a conection on your p.c using windows dial up networking, if its AOL linked, then you need to dump it as soon as possible, save all important stuff on your p.c and re-format your hard drive, then re-install windows fom scratch.

inoble
Oct 17, 2003, 04:22 AM
On 2003-10-08 19:32, Kiiro wrote:
Alright, I have everything nice and set up, my current service provider is Wal-Mart Connect ( Its yet another branch of AOHELL ), I try to connect to PSO but it says "Could not retrieve login information". What the heck is the problem? Is Wal-Mart Connect even compatable with PSO?!

You can't use Wal-Mart Connect, it suffers from the same incompatibility as AOL/Compuserve dial-up.