PDA

View Full Version : Online...?

Servbot41
Oct 8, 2003, 09:43 PM
Uh not sure if this is the right place...
Anyway...is going online worth it? I mean there are risks of FSOD FSODX dupers thiefs etc etc. Im considering it but Ive been told with a madcatz or nyko memory card its not the best idea in the world...even though my madcatz has a no mem loss gaurentee (sp?) and also...Its expensive! is this even worth it?

Velocity_7
Oct 8, 2003, 10:00 PM
The point of the game is risk-taking. I'd say the hell with it. Just that I'm not an X-Box supporter, so I'd go with GameCube, but not just because of that; it's because of the people able to cheat so much more compared to the GameCube players.

Servbot41
Oct 8, 2003, 10:08 PM
Oh and Im on GC by the way. I dont want to lose my 100 hr. + HUmar since he's got the best stuff and hes on the no mem loss garentee(sp? again) so... oh and can you move pso data? not just copy but only move?

Superguppie
Oct 9, 2003, 02:19 AM
It is a risk and there are downsides to online. But it is definitely worth it. I have 1000+ hours now and i am absolutely totaly and completely certain I wouldn't have made half that if it weren't for the online.
On the mem-card, the only one known to be 100% reliable is the official nintendo one. Some cards work fine with all other games but not with PSO...
The negative effects of FSOD can be limited by not carrying around unused stuff. If it happens you lose all but the stuff you have equiped. So when you play don't have stuff you don't want to lose unequiped. Put anything else in the store, it is safe.
FSODX is (as far as I know) extremely rare. That is just a risk I accept.

opaopajr
Oct 9, 2003, 05:56 AM
i'd recommend making a new character for online play. this way you aren't risking your 100 lvl, but are getting the experience of the online game. you NEED to meet people in PSO to find out who's naughty and who's nice. there's no other way than to play the game.

but if you make a second character you have less risk of loss (do you really care about your lvl 1?). you'd probably find nice people who'd take the time to help you, and you'd be suprised at the # of veterans starting brand new characters too. once you start meeting some trustworthy people then i'd tell them your other character's name and ask if they have another high level character (and i'd bet some would have 'em).

through this process of networking you can then safely know where to tread, where to gather, and bring your lvl 100 online and into locked rooms. from there i'd check to see who of your friends are online. make your list and check it twice and have a great time!

opaopajr
Oct 9, 2003, 05:59 AM
ps: it is spelled guarantee. lovely exotic spelling, no? =D

WootHinkInc
Oct 9, 2003, 06:03 AM
i'd recommend making a new character for online play. this way you aren't risking your 100 lvl, but are getting the experience of the online game. you NEED to meet people in PSO to find out who's naughty and who's nice. there's no other way than to play the game.

but if you make a second character you have less risk of loss (do you really care about your lvl 1?). you'd probably find nice people who'd take the time to help you, and you'd be suprised at the # of veterans starting brand new characters too. once you start meeting some trustworthy people then i'd tell them your other character's name and ask if they have another high level character (and i'd bet some would have 'em).

through this process of networking you can then safely know where to tread, where to gather, and bring your lvl 100 online and into locked rooms. from there i'd check to see who of your friends are online. make your list and check it twice and have a great time!

My thoughts: Well said!

Build up a good family, then, when your family is big enough. Only play with them. If you want to bring your 100 online without any problems, stay away from the ship Vega. And Antares 8 has some assholes there too, but most are good people. Stay away from there only if you are that paranoid of losing anything. But over-all: Antares 8 would probably be the best place to meet knew people, goods ones. But of course there are good people on Vega, just more asses then good people.

Servbot41
Oct 9, 2003, 09:03 AM
Ok, should I use my madcatz card or buy a nintendo? If I do buy the nintendo...can I move my PSO data to it? If not...I'll try to make a new char. Ive always wanted a HUcast...
BTW Its not exotic...its SPECIAL!

Oh and will I be considered a newb online? Even though I have a lvl 85 char.? And one last thing...will you guys start a team with me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Servbot41 on 2003-10-09 07:06 ]</font>

Spider
Oct 9, 2003, 09:25 AM
I havn't played online yet either, really keen to but, The GC version is heaps mad cause you can have 4 characters per memory card, and I dont think you can transfer characters....

Superguppie
Oct 9, 2003, 09:27 AM
On 2003-10-09 07:03, Servbot41 wrote:
Ok, should I use my madcatz card or buy a nintendo? If I do buy the nintendo...can I move my PSO data to it? If not...I'll try to make a new char. Ive always wanted a HUcast...
BTW Its not exotic...its SPECIAL!

Oh and will I be considered a newb online? Even though I have a lvl 85 char.? And one last thing...will you guys start a team with me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Servbot41 on 2003-10-09 07:06 ]</font>

Well, to feel absolutely safe, I would buy an official Nintendo one. I haven't tried moving my files across cards, so I don't know if it is possible. But it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't.
If not, make a new char on the new card and when it reaches a nice lvl, transfer items from you old char to the new one. You do need 2 controlers for that...

On the newby thing, it depends on who you meet. Some ppl consider all lowlvl chars newby. Personally I consider someone a newby if he/she shows a serious lack of knowledge of fundamental things.
The other difference between ppl is the way they behave towards newbies. If some newby, or even not so newby asks a question that I can answer, I just do so. But do expect to be called names if you show you are a newby. My advice is to list the ppl doing that as the ones to ignore.

Servbot41
Oct 9, 2003, 09:40 AM
So...I know the data cant be copied (duping of items...) but moving... and will any of you be kind enough to form a team with me? Of course you need to be kind and trustworthy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

vegeta000110
Oct 9, 2003, 03:54 PM
Can't move characters.

-benjamin-
Oct 9, 2003, 06:49 PM
On 2003-10-09 07:27, Superguppie wrote:
Well, to feel absolutely safe, I would buy an official Nintendo one.

the only one of my 3 cards to ever corrupt is my nintendo one,

lost my 4 main chars, (well 2 mine, 1 sisters, 1 friends) a legit god/battle (didnt even get to use online) a legit Red Hangun with 30 hit%! a legit demo comet and my uber stated legit yamato + 60 (0/25/0/35/45) the only unlegit item i had was a bkb+80 and thats because i fsod'd and had nothing! on weapon equipped when it happened, also lost a pair of l&ks with 60% machine, not bad for vol opt. vers 2 all on HUcast, ramar lost some stuff too, mainly a full set of lvl 15 spells that a ramar can use, an inferno bazooka, a good statted justy (cant remember stats) and a meteor smash! lol

o well, nintendo cards arent 100% trustworthy, and with just 1 hacked/duped item on the entire card i corrupted, now im totally 100% legit lol

Deoxys
Oct 10, 2003, 12:20 AM
you cant copy pso my friend tried

Servbot41
Oct 10, 2003, 11:29 AM
I know you cant COPY but I guess you cant move either...but you SHOULD be able to cause you arent copying anything...

Coxy
Oct 10, 2003, 12:07 PM
On 2003-10-08 20:00, Velocity_7 wrote:
I'm not an X-Box supporter, so I'd go with GameCube, but not just because of that; it's because of the people able to cheat so much more compared to the GameCube players.

Pardon?

I don't think you can somehow, there is a patch which means no duping or multi-equip for us xbox players, also i havent seen anyone trying to purposely fsod anyone