PDA

View Full Version : [b]Quest:[/b] Modifying Hit %s in Today's Rate

CK20XX
Oct 9, 2003, 10:14 AM
This rumor started floating around recently, and I've been investigating it. Have you noticed how a few items with 100% Hit have been in circulation? A few people claim that by meeting certain prerequisites in Today's Rate, you can earn the ability to enhance weapon Hit %s by paying Photon Drops. But exactly how is anyone's guess at this point.

My current theory is that it has something to do with the microchips hidden in the quest. I played the quest by myself last night and found the microchip of my color, but no one on Pioneer 2 wanted it, and the lady in the caves only gave me a Digrinder when I returned it to her, and then she told me something about the other chips being lost. Completing the quest by myself earned me a Power Material from my client, but nothing else. So now my current theory is that if this rumored feature exists at all, you can only unlock it through teamwork.

It would make sense to some degree since this quest was released along with The Labyrinthine Trial, a quest that requires well-functioning teams to get its best prize. Maybe all 4 team members need to find the microchip that corresponds to their arrow color on the map...or maybe it is possible to get all 4 chips by yourself, but the others disappear if you don't return all of them to the woman at once like I did...

This extra seems to be under great secrecy due to the trouble that the West Tower caused with its similar feature. But it's legal (more or less) and will probably get out eventually anyway, so my investigation continues. I'm only after the answer here, and I'll get it one way or another.