PDA

View Full Version : FOmarl or FOnewearl

joluh
Oct 10, 2003, 05:51 PM
Well, i'm about to make my 4th Character!!! it's going to be a FOmarl or FOnewearl...

I already have a FOnewm, first character, haven't used in someeeee time, he's already lvl102; RAcaseal, still using her, lvl76; HUnewearl, lvl30, the most active one right now, and for tomorrow i'll be making my 4th characters, i know it's not going to be a Ranger cause the only ones i like are the Androids and i alreayd have one, Not a hunter cause it would be almost the same since i'm still using my HUnewearl a lot, so the only options are a FOmarl or a FOnewearl

So which one!?!? btw i'm 100% techs with my FOnewm, so do you think a FOnewearl would be just the same!?!? and better get a FOmarl!?!? or just pick the uber-cute FOnewearl!?!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2003-10-12 01:38 ]</font>

joluh
Oct 10, 2003, 05:56 PM
Btw which Id!?!? i already have PINKAL so lots of good stuff for her, but which one should i pick!?!? i'm between YELLOWBOZE, BLUEFULL or ORAN

Kadou
Oct 10, 2003, 05:58 PM
Neither. You should make a FOmar. They're my personal favorite, although they take a long time to level up and they're crap in challenge mode (cmode mind you; not normal). If you insist on making one of the two you've mentioned, I guess a FOmarl, because she's more like a FOmar than a FOnewearl. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 10, 2003, 06:11 PM
I say FOnewearl... Exclusively because, in my opinion... FOnewearls are just more fun to look at o_O

Kent
Oct 10, 2003, 06:17 PM
That depends on what kind of character you want to play. If you want to play as a support/melee force, use a FOmar/l, if you want to do massive elemental damage to single targets, s little bit of support, and mass Megid, use a FOnewearl.

prematuretyrant
Oct 10, 2003, 06:33 PM
I've had more fun playing with my FOnewearl than with my FOmarl.

navci
Oct 10, 2003, 07:05 PM
Since you have a FOnewm, I'd say a FOmarl. Got exclusive stuff, and a different kinda blend of a Force. But I have to agree with you that the FOnewearl is just too cute to ignore...

For a different experience, FOmarl. I say.
Hey! My FOnewm just got to lvl 102 too. =D Yay.

As for ID, go for Blueful. I don't know. Seems obscure. =}

Edit: Added in ID comment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2003-10-10 17:07 ]</font>

vegeta000110
Oct 10, 2003, 08:13 PM
FOnewearls rock. As for which sec ID from what you listed, yellowboze is the best because you find tons of meseta. However if you want a challenge...Skyly or Greenill.

joluh
Oct 11, 2003, 01:18 AM
Hummm... i'm going for the FOmarl =), and Bluefull or maybe Yellowboze for the good items it can find, good force stuff...

thanks for the opinions/votes guys

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2003-10-11 00:32 ]</font>

Mystil
Oct 11, 2003, 06:58 AM
Oh I'm late. FOmarls have a lesser TP max than FOnewearls, but then again, FOnewearls have to go through hell to get to thier maxes. Either way, any would be a valiant choice.

Razor_Burn
Oct 11, 2003, 11:58 AM
Doesn't the FOnewearl have a resistance to megid? I'm sure that would prove helpful come Ult.

navci
Oct 11, 2003, 12:49 PM
On 2003-10-11 09:58, Razor_Burn wrote:
Doesn't the FOnewearl have a resistance to megid? I'm sure that would prove helpful come Ult.

Isn't it a boost to Megid?

Neverwinter
Oct 11, 2003, 01:01 PM
OK i voted FOmarl, im pretty tired of all those ppl continuosly sayin...
"FOnewarl gats blah blah blah boost"
"FOmarl gets tis and that boost"
So heres the deal,
Do you like them because they look good, because they are a certain race, I like ALL characters (cept FOnewm lol) and you should pick the character YOU want to use, no because of stats, i picked FOmar even though i knew he had little magic, i picked him cause i like him and the way he looks like a propa D&D mage...WITH ROBES.
So pick 1 for who they are, not for stats)unless your REALLY hyped bout stats)
Remember this is only my oppoinion(sp)
IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO.

Hrith
Oct 11, 2003, 01:58 PM
They are very different characters, but both rock.

The FOmarl is the best-looking char in the game, IMO.
But I had one on DC, that's why I picked FOnewearl on NGC.
I agree you should pick FOmarl for a change from FOnewm.

YELLOWBOZE, from the three you mention.

joluh
Oct 11, 2003, 03:24 PM
Well picked FOmarl cause i already have 2 of 3 Newman characters, FOnewearl is almost like FOnewm in the game style side, well FOmarl looks more like a Sorceror than the FOnewearl, FOmarl's Dress/Robes ROCKS!!! they look better in her than in the FOmar IMHO, also i couldn't choice cause i like both!!! not because of the stats, i don't care about stats, if i would then i won't be using a RAcaseal or a FOmarl, since everyone says that hey are the worst characters for Offline only, also that's why i choose FOnewm over the FOmar, cause i rather like the Jester style wiz than the other one

But i'm not sure if Yellowboze or Bluefull...

Shin-Volcano
Oct 11, 2003, 03:32 PM
well they are both good
FOmarl is best support force period, she can meele without taking a serious ass beating unlike the fomar and she also has the higest hp out of the forces ata isnt to great but its alot better then a fomar mst is onl slighty lower but its good enough.
she is my favorite force hands down.

Fonewreal i like too
Best mst/tp boost t teqs that are widly used. megid penatration even has resta/anti rangex2 which fonewm doesnt. pretty much the stronges force.

but for now id say fomarl.

navci
Oct 11, 2003, 05:39 PM
But i'm not sure if Yellowboze or Bluefull...

Blueful!

Jkid
Oct 11, 2003, 06:44 PM
Actully,go for Pinkal. The section is best of this character.

opaopajr
Oct 12, 2003, 02:09 AM
i'm suprised no one has mentioned the most important thing about a FOmarl that separates her from other characters. She has the CUTEST running animation. it is such a feminine run with her hands dangling at her sides and her hips swishing from side to side. now there's something to stare at through all those hours of leveling. O_o

joluh
Oct 12, 2003, 02:49 AM
Hummm... Now i don't know X_x'

I just like both too much, but i don't like the idea of having both, also there's only 1 empty space...

Now i think i'll choose the FOnewearl... =S they just look soooo cute =D and adorable, hyper, younger, better clothes, hummmm...

But the FOmarl looks like a Princess, reminds me Peach or Zelda =D, specially with the pink robes... X_x'

It would be nice to have all of the Newmans =D hummm...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2003-10-12 02:29 ]</font>

Hrith
Oct 12, 2003, 08:48 AM
YELLOWBOZE http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

joluh
Oct 12, 2003, 01:19 PM
Hey Kefka, you have a Whitill FOnewearl, i was thinking on doing that... would it be a Good idea!?!?

Hrith
Oct 12, 2003, 02:42 PM
I don't really have a WHITILL FOnewearl. I have a VIRIDIA/WHITILL/SKYLY FOnewearl, you know what I mean ?

If you go for the FOmarl, then WHITILL should rock cuz you will find Slicers and Mechguns galore and she can use both. But you will not be hitting that much with a FOnewearl so PINKAL is way better for her. If you already have PINKAL, then any ID is fine for a FOnewearl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
If you pick the FOmarl go for WHITILL, then YELLOWBOZE, eventually BLUEFULL (Rods, but hella Partisans, too).

joluh
Oct 12, 2003, 03:22 PM
Hummm, i'll decide later... until next week =P well gtg to do homework... see ya everyone... until next weekend http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Duela_Night
Oct 12, 2003, 06:33 PM
I agree with Kadou, Formars are a better preference of mine. They are stronger than both of your choices. But out of the two Fomarl because you can still mix it up with a saber or brand once in a while

Hrith
Oct 12, 2003, 06:52 PM
FOmar has higher ATP & MST than FOmarl... but he has lower DFP, EVP, and lowest HP & ATA, playing with him may be a challenge until high levels.

Ranger_Larry
Oct 12, 2003, 08:33 PM
I would go with bluefull if you don't already have a holy ray. (and are legit) With bluefull you have the easiest chance of getting holy ray, it's at ult. dragon!

Hrith
Oct 12, 2003, 08:38 PM
I got two from PINKAL Dal Ra Lie and it is not even one of my IDs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You should ask yourself this : "what good stuff can I get from BLUEFULL (or any other you might contemplate choosing) for my other characters ?"

OK ?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

navci
Oct 12, 2003, 09:08 PM
On 2003-10-12 13:22, joluh wrote:
Hummm, i'll decide later... until next week =P well gtg to do homework... see ya everyone... until next weekend http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh oh. Isn't Whitill good for FOmarls for the reasons because you can find Rico stuff that only the FOmarl can use?

I once saw something on a website about how after the FOmarl gets S/D 30 and after a certain level she transform into the HUmarl. =D ....

joluh
Oct 13, 2003, 01:36 AM
Humm true, so it's Whitill FOmarl, or Redria FOnewearl... Hummm which one should be the next on the team... people please, WASH MY BRAIN!!! now i'm listening Navi and Kafka =D, hehehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Olga-Rappy
Oct 13, 2003, 04:14 AM
FOmarl. 5 good reasons why:

1. There aren't enough
2. BEST SUPPORT CHARACTER IN THE GAME
3. FOmarls can achieve the highest single-target damage in the game with a Dark Bridge and L30 Grants*
4. Only force with sex appeal (aka breasts and an @$$). Unless you're a girl with a SEVERE Bishounen fetish.
5. Incredibly well balanced. Go melee one minute, ranged the next. Especially with L30 S&D.

Nai_Calus
Oct 13, 2003, 04:43 AM
On 2003-10-12 16:52, Kefka wrote:
FOmar has higher ATP & MST than FOmarl... but he has lower DFP, EVP, and lowest HP & ATA, playing with him may be a challenge until high levels.

Eh, depends on how/if you twink him. Usually I melee Forest/Caves and do techs for Mines/Ruins as I'm levelling them to Ult. Even in Ult, it's not that bad... Even at L86 my FOmar Zero could successfully melee Ult Forest and Caves, and fairly well, at that. Really, only the ATA is an issue... J/D take care of the low DFP and HP, and of course S/Z boost your attack power signifigantly to near Hunter level. Just slap a POW/DEX Mag, a God/Battle, a God/Arm or two and a *****/Power unit or two on 'em, and you're good to go. Personally, I find FOmars to be exceptionally easy to use, but then, that's just me.

Doesn't hurt that done properly, they're rather sexy.

FOmarls are ok, I suppose, but what they're best at, I have no use for. Not much need to maintain a support Force if you're offline only. ^^; That, and the only FOmarl I've ever played with was used by someone who really sucked as a Force, and has turned me off them the way idiots with BKBs turn people off HUmars. And they waddle. But they're a great class for support.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 13, 2003, 04:46 AM
That's sad. But believable.

Unfortunately, the skilled FOmarl population is about .0001% of all PSO players - and half of them would be better off with a FOmar anyway.

Then again, 1:750 Hunnies actually are good with them, and 1:1000 HUmars.

Hrith
Oct 13, 2003, 09:40 AM
On 2003-10-13 02:46, Olga-Rappy wrote :
Unfortunately, the skilled FOmarl population is about .0001% of all PSO players - and half of them would be better off with a FOmar anyway.

Then again, 1:750 Hunnies actually are good with them, and 1:1000 HUmars.

You are kind, I'd say less.

btw, CADUCEUS boosts Grants more than DARK BRIDGE does http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I REALLY think she is the best-looking character. I should make one.......

zimmk2vgc
Oct 13, 2003, 01:04 PM
FOnewearl hands down. Ive never had so much fun with a force in my life, perhaps coz its my only one. And plus Fonewearls look the coolest and have the best mst of them all. Shame about the health...

navci
Oct 13, 2003, 01:47 PM
... That, and the only FOmarl I've ever played with was used by someone who really sucked as a Force, and has turned me off them the way idiots with BKBs turn people off HUmars. And they waddle. But they're a great class for support.

Thing being. Being a FO most of my life (hah! I am talking as if I was born one =P) I have high standards of a good FO in a team. Especially high level FO that joins a lower team and says he/she is going to help (yay, by killing all enemies!) FO in a team that doesn't S/D the moment it wears off, (especially to the main powerhouse in the team), resta when you see damage. These are the two basic things I expect, and they are not that hard to do. But most of the FO I play with when I am not being a FO doesn't do them unless I remind them to. Most of them I have seen is FOmarl and FOnewearl... does make me dislike them a bit. =/ (I have yet to play with another FOmar... )

Er. My point being, I agree with you!

Hrith
Oct 13, 2003, 02:26 PM
btw, what good Twin Saber can the FOmarl use ?
She could use TWIN BLAZE on DC, but I think she can no longer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

plz, FOmarl users...

Black000Moon
Oct 13, 2003, 04:26 PM
I'de say FOmarl because its different and FOnewm is alot like FOnewearl but u gotta admit FOnewearl is hot!

joluh
Oct 14, 2003, 05:41 PM
Humm i think i'm going to RE-create my HUnewearl into a FOmarl... i just don't know, find the FOmarl a lot better, besides i haven't used in my HUnewearl any luck or other materials i've found with other characters, so i may make the FOmarl, but bluefull or whitill...!?!? X_x' i think i'll figure that out by myself, thanks for the opinions guys!!!

Kent
Oct 14, 2003, 07:50 PM
On 2003-10-13 12:26, Kefka wrote:
btw, what good Twin Saber can the FOmarl use ?
She could use TWIN BLAZE on DC, but I think she can no longer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

plz, FOmarl users...

The only ones I know of are the Double Saber and the S-Rank Twin.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 15, 2003, 05:25 PM
Correct.

In V3 though, they're more suited to use long range weapons (Spirit Vulcans, Bringer's Rifle, and Holy Ray in particular) if you're going for a cross-class. Grants has been boosted though, if you just gotta have a pure-tech FOmarl. It ends up balancing itself out - until you get to ultimate, the Fomarl has the worst damage, in Ultimate, she achieves the 2nd highest physical damage potential of the forces, and the highest damage in the game (Level 30 Grants, or factoring in racial bonus, Level 45 Grants, with a Dark Bridge, 55.)

Plus, the FOmarl is the hottest character in the game. All she needs is pointy ears, and only the RAcaseal and FOmar fans will argue.

joluh
Oct 15, 2003, 07:11 PM
On 2003-10-15 15:25, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Plus, the FOmarl is the hottest character in the game. All she needs is pointy ears, and only the RAcaseal and FOmar fans will argue.

I'm 100% agree =D oh and btw i'm a RAcaseal Fan =P

Hrith
Oct 16, 2003, 07:12 AM
It's your fault MEAN Joluh !!!!!!!

Now I created a FOmarl, how can she reach my other chars' levels, now ????

Well she's so cool, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Welcome Aelia !! (REDRIA)

Naagata_Clan
Oct 16, 2003, 11:55 AM
*ahem*
FOmarls are great... there need to be more of us around. Best support class in the game, and you get the super Grants. Section IDs good for it I would say are Whitill and Pinkal... Yellowboze is decent (being a Yellowboze FOmarl myself), but you really lack anything exclusive as a Yellowboze.

As far as Double Sabers... I've only found the Double Saber and S Rank Twin to work.. dunno about Double Brand... haven't gotten my hands on one yet...
Double Saber is fine though.. regen your TP by smacking stuff around...

anwserman
Oct 16, 2003, 02:20 PM
I'm a melee FOnewearl. I like playing her much more then my melee HUnewearl since I can have high level magick and I can use Grants/Megid/Reverser.

Melee FOnewearl is EXTREMELY hard, as in I'm just starting to be able to clear off v.hard forest online by myself, at level 70. Its one of the more rewarding gaming experiences by playing as a character most definately not meant to be melee, and having everyone mistake you for a weak hunter... haha.

Plus my Naga helps a bit, with 50+ for POW and 30+ for defense. So does Pilla and the Twins. Custom-built mag all the way! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

joluh
Oct 16, 2003, 07:19 PM
On 2003-10-16 05:12, Kefka wrote:
It's your fault MEAN Joluh !!!!!!!

Now I created a FOmarl, how can she reach my other chars' levels, now ????

Well she's so cool, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Welcome Aelia !! (REDRIA)

Hehehe... i was going for the FOnewearl, but then again the incredible low HP/DEF, also playing a lot like the FOnewm made me regret it, and now reading your post made me decide... FOmarl =D

So yellowboze it's not goog!?!? hummmm so it's Whitill or Pinkal... it has to be Whitill but i may go with purplenum for some nice items it can find for forces like the infamous psyco wand =D and some more... i'll see that later, anyway i won't be able to play too much, so it's kinda i'll be using her until november X_x'

Striker07
Oct 16, 2003, 07:30 PM
Whitlls are nice. I prefer Blufull though.

Hrith
Oct 16, 2003, 08:00 PM
BLUEFULL kinda suckx for FOmar(l), I mean what's the point with getting hella rods, but partisans too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Slicers may not be very good on ult (I don't really know), but FOmar(l) rules with mechs, especially with some hit%.
Purplenum is even better for mechs, but you'll get a lot ao daggers too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif but you'll get the PSYCHO WAND...

"FOnewearl has low DFP"
But 2nd best EVP.

"FOnewearl he low HP"
Not as low as FOmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-10-16 18:03 ]</font>

flueggy
Oct 16, 2003, 08:04 PM
FOmarl, most balcanced, highest ata, good atp, mst case closed (no such thing as low mst on any force) gewd class, heck i use one myself

Hrith
Oct 16, 2003, 08:49 PM
FOmarl, highest ATA ?????? 2nd worst character !!

joluh
Oct 16, 2003, 10:24 PM
On 2003-10-16 18:49, Kefka wrote:
FOmarl, highest ATA ?????? 2nd worst character !!

Actually she does... on the Forces, she has the highest ATA =P just for like 10-15 points but... hey it's ATA!!!

So Purplenum... i'm not sure if that or Yellowboze...

Kent
Oct 17, 2003, 12:57 AM
On 2003-10-16 18:00, Kefka wrote:
"FOnewearl has low DFP"
But 2nd best EVP.

...And shouldn't be in the fray in the first place, and a few points of EVP hardly makes a difference at all mid to late game. FOnewearls are best used sitting back, blasting the hell out of enemies with her techniques.

"FOnewearl he low HP"
Not as low as FOmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lower, actually:
FOmar's HP at level 200: 1175
FOnewearl's HP at level 200: 1148

Hrith
Oct 17, 2003, 02:34 PM
ATA
FOmar : 163
FOmarl : 170
FOnewearl : 186
FOnewm : 180

FOmarl is 2nd worst char in game, ATA-wise.

What you are saying about HP is totally wrong, my FOnewearl is Lv 150 and already has nearly 1100 HP.
As for, DFP, Deband/Jellen Lv 30 and my DF FIELD are enough to receive scratches from a Dark Bringer or a Sinow Zele, besides I do dodge a lot of attacks.

RedRage
Oct 18, 2003, 11:54 PM
I had the same problem awhile back FOmarl or FOnewearl, after some thought I went with a Viridia FOmarl for a couple of reasons. First, I have a Redria FOnewm so I'm kind of sick of casting techs all the time. Second, I wanted to make a bunch of Sato mags. Third, I have a Redria RAmar and Viridia finds all kinds of shots. When I started my FOmarl I had tons of extras for her, such as a 185 mind mag, 4 god/minds, all Lv. 30 techs and over 100 mats not to mention all 4 slot frames and awesome rares. Shes only at Lv. 80 and I have already beat Dark Falz and Olga Flow.

joluh
Oct 19, 2003, 12:48 AM
I think i'll make mine Purplenum, since the uber good rares for Forces it can find, specially the Psycho Wand, and the mechs for my RAcaseal ^_^ since she's Greennill

I'm having trouble about her look, and a little bit with the ID... X_x'

Kent
Oct 19, 2003, 01:30 AM
On 2003-10-17 12:34, Kefka wrote:
What you are saying about HP is totally wrong, my FOnewearl is Lv 150 and already has nearly 1100 HP.

Actually, what I'm saying about HP is totally correct (check the freakin' guides if you don't believe me).

The reason your FOnewearl has that much HP at her level is because she has used HP materials. If you add those into the max level 200 HP, you get:

FOmar: 1175 + 250 (from 125 HP materials) = 1425 Max
FOnewearl: 1148 + 250 (from 125 HP materials) = 1398 Max

Without special HP-boosting equipment, it is not possible for the HP totals for characters to go beyond their level 200 HP total + 125 HP materials. Next time you try to correct somebody, get your facts straight beforehand.

Silly_Putty
Oct 19, 2003, 04:58 AM
Well FOmars do have the worst HP for a large part of the game. Just look at their stat level increases between levels 85 and 190. FOnewearl has more HP than a FOmar during those levels.

Hrith
Oct 19, 2003, 11:39 AM
On 2003-10-19 02:58, Silly_Putty wrote :
Well FOmars do have the worst HP for a large part of the game. Just look at their stat level increases between levels 85 and 190. FOnewearl has more HP than a FOmar during those levels.

Cheers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

btw, I don't use the guides on this site too many are so inaccurate and/or incomplete. Nice try, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-10-19 09:40 ]</font>

opaopajr
Oct 20, 2003, 05:56 AM
everyone is talking about lv 200 stats as some sort of basis of deciding characters.

quick question, how many here have LEGIT lv 200 characters? it is a kind of hard thing to do.

and who cares at lvl 200 what your stats are anyway? by that lvl you should be able to handle naerly anything the game can throw at you (or should if you have any skill).

you have 199 other lvls to worry about before letting final stats make even a dent in selection.

sure stat growth is important, but that's what materials are for. worried about managing it? ok, but how often are you gonna raise lv 200 characters?

just bringing this up because it is just silly in my eyes to worry about. make your character, choose a name you can live woth for 100+ lvls, and anything else is just gravy. fret about the final stats and IDs at your own prerogative, it won't make you a better player, only experience can do that.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 20, 2003, 06:29 AM
On 2003-10-20 03:56, wrote:
everyone is talking about lv 200 stats as some sort of basis of deciding characters.

THANK YOU! *hugs opaopajr* I hope you're a girl.

I was about to step in and mention how few people have level 200 characters

On 2003-10-20 03:56, opaopajr wrote:
quick question, how many here have LEGIT lv 200 characters? it is a kind of hard thing to do.

2, but no life. I bought PSO October 3oth, 2001

and who cares at lvl 200 what your stats are anyway? by that lvl you should be able to handle naerly anything the game can throw at you (or should if you have any skill).

Feh, people just get picky and stuff.

you have 199 other lvls to worry about before letting final stats make even a dent in selection.

sure stat growth is important, but that's what materials are for. worried about managing it? ok, but how often are you gonna raise lv 200 characters?

On top of that, the FOmarl is the easiest character to remedy material goof-ups.

just bringing this up because it is just silly in my eyes to worry about. make your character, choose a name you can live woth for 100+ lvls, and anything else is just gravy. fret about the final stats and IDs at your own prerogative, it won't make you a better player, only experience can do that.

Looks and stat growth are important too.

Hrith
Oct 20, 2003, 12:39 PM
I think picking the right ID is vital for offline players, especially if you're only making one character !

Max stats do matter, no need to be Lv 200. My RAmarl is Lv 161 and is maxed in ATP, ATA, MST, LCK (not necessarily all at the same time, for it depends on the MAGs/units I use) ; my HUcast is Lv 154 and maxed in ATA, MST (lol), EVP, LCK ; my FOnewearl is Lv 150 and maxed in MST, LCK.

Besides, max stats give you a good idea of what your character's good at, as well as which stats will tend to have the highest growth potential, at least to some extent.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-10-20 10:41 ]</font>