PDA

View Full Version : Brand new quest headed to PSOX

Denny
Oct 10, 2003, 10:42 PM
Take a gander at Sega's PSO presentation.

http://asx.pod.tv/sega/free/2003TGS/stage/pso3.asx

At about the 29:39 time mark, the representative from Sega show off a brand new quest for the Xbox version that looks interesting. It seems to be done in the same viewpoint as some of the older Phantasy Star games, and the speaker mentions something about voice recognition being a feature in the quest. Can anyone translate the text that flashes on screen to give a better idea as to what the quest will be about?

Thanks in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-10-10 21:25 ]</font>

ginko990
Oct 10, 2003, 11:43 PM
Ummm, I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the video now but...It looks like an EpIII video. O_O The next installment of PSO for the GC.

Alteisen
Oct 10, 2003, 11:50 PM
Skip ahead to about 29 mins into it. Tricktrack should start playing as they explain it. I think they show that Nol girl, and the default HUmar and RAcast accepting the quest, then it shows the top-down view and whatnot.

It looks interesting, to say the least.

Denny
Oct 11, 2003, 12:19 AM
On 2003-10-10 21:50, Alteisen wrote:
Skip ahead to about 29 mins into it. Tricktrack should start playing as they explain it. I think they show that Nol girl, and the default HUmar and RAcast accepting the quest, then it shows the top-down view and whatnot.

It looks interesting, to say the least.

Yeah, it does look interesting. At one point it looks like a timer is involved. I'm more interested in the blacked out sequence they hide with the explosions going off. I wonder what that's all about?

LollipopLolita
Oct 11, 2003, 04:59 AM
interesting yes

am i looking forward to making maps for it? hell no =(

Richard
Oct 11, 2003, 06:05 AM
Yay.

It's about time Xbox got something worth mentioning. And since this quest is brand new and features NOL it HAS to be good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Coxy
Oct 11, 2003, 07:05 AM
Looks good

Garm
Oct 11, 2003, 07:35 AM
pacman style http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
hopefully it also comes to gamecube

capin_bucky_ohair
Oct 11, 2003, 07:50 AM
That's not a quest thats Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 in a card style and I think its out on Gamecube in Japan then it will make it's way to the xbox a short time period after so it's no quest

GuerillaPimp
Oct 11, 2003, 12:59 PM
That's not a quest thats Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 in a card style and I think its out on Gamecube in Japan then it will make it's way to the xbox a short time period after so it's no quest

You didnt watch the whole thing, its near the end after they switch presenters. Im a bit skeptical about the quest, it looks cool for the first tfew runs or or whatever, but kinda boring like Soul of Steel

Coxy
Oct 11, 2003, 01:09 PM
On 2003-10-11 05:50, capin_bucky_ohair wrote:

Jeez, did you even go to the bit of the video that was mentioned?

yes the main part was about ep3 but the quest that was there quite clearly had XBOX written infront of it

capin_bucky_ohair
Oct 11, 2003, 02:03 PM
Instead of being all dramatic down my back, you could just say what the whole thing is geez. I guess everything is a big deal around these forums

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: capin_bucky_ohair on 2003-10-11 12:09 ]</font>

Denny
Oct 11, 2003, 04:23 PM
On 2003-10-11 10:59, GuerillaPimp wrote:

You didnt watch the whole thing, its near the end after they switch presenters. Im a bit skeptical about the quest, it looks cool for the first tfew runs or or whatever, but kinda boring like Soul of Steel

Whatever the new quest will be about, I hope it's not like Soul of Steel.

Coxy
Oct 11, 2003, 06:39 PM
On 2003-10-11 12:03, capin_bucky_ohair wrote:
Instead of being all dramatic down my back, you could just say what the whole thing is geez. I guess everything is a big deal around these forums

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: capin_bucky_ohair on 2003-10-11 12:09 ]</font>

Dramatic down your back?

it said quite clearly to go to the 29th minute

Denny
Oct 12, 2003, 09:50 AM
lol

Denny
Oct 14, 2003, 04:34 PM
Still no new info? Man, I was hoping to have heard something by now. Darnit!

Alteisen
Oct 14, 2003, 04:41 PM
I wonder if the quest will be single-player, or will involve cooperation from other players. That's the thing that's been on my mind at the moment.

Here's hoping it's the latter.

Denny
Oct 15, 2003, 04:53 PM
I'm hoping for the same thing. More co-op hunts would be nice. It would be even nicer to have a new area or two to explore.