PDA

View Full Version : what you think of dragonball??

Toruxxx
Oct 11, 2003, 07:50 AM
well as ppl know dragonball started on toonami not that long ago now just asking what u guys think of it lol. i dun like it one bit i used to like the dragonball series but not no more what about u guys what u think about it?

ginko990
Oct 11, 2003, 11:21 AM
Not a dragonball fan. But when I used to watch DBZ, I didn't really like Dragonball.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Oct 11, 2003, 11:41 AM
Dragon Ball... I like... Dragon Ball Z... I HATE.... Don't watch Dragon Ball now though... and it originally started on WB at 6:00 on Saturday Morning instead of Toonami...

Intimidacius
Oct 11, 2003, 12:18 PM
Aside from being repetitive and predictably lame, DBZ really stunk. Not much going on other than watching lines bounce off of each other. Dragon Ball on the other hand was quite interesting. Aside from Akira Toriyama trying to show off Goku's winky all the time (ALL the time), it had some weird stuff.

Crud, his power level is just a little higher. Just a little more power to match it....YES! Now he is weaker. Crud, he just went up again...

Firocket1690
Oct 12, 2003, 05:57 AM
It started in 1994 on TVBS.

Then it was imported to America I think 1996 to UPN

WB soon got ahold of it and as xHIGHONLIFEx said, aired Saturday mornings.

Finally Cartoon Network started hosting it during Toonami (late night anime)

Firocket1690
Oct 12, 2003, 05:57 AM
Oh, and one last thing ...
the names are overused in PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JavaMoon
Oct 12, 2003, 06:17 AM
I think it's one of the crappiest animes ever! It gets way too much hype for 200+ episodes of the same crap over and over and over again. To all those who think it's so cool, see it with the original Japanese voices and see if you think it's as great as you think it is. @_@;

Loser
Oct 12, 2003, 06:35 AM
I personaly think that DB sucks because it's boring and lame and too predictable and Goku suck hard in DB.

DarthFomar
Oct 12, 2003, 07:53 AM
Do you want to know why no one thinks DBZ is worth the time to watch, for starters we are in America, kids arent suppose to see violence and gore. Nor are they suppose to hear Crud language, but we are in America here. This may sound strange but most of the DBZ fans actually like the Japanese version of DBZ. Why?. Because it has all the elements of the original show, violence, gore, and cursing; even if you cant understand japanese it you can still read the subtitles. Other wise you have to go and find the uncut version of the DBZ episodes that are released in America, and for a while they stopped making uncut episodes. I like DBZ. But watching it on Cartoon Network is a little boring because its edited. This in turn is why i only watch Adult Swim which airs on Cartoon Network late nights.
DBZ has slumped down to my 3rd or 4th favorite anime.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleep.gif

rena-ko
Oct 12, 2003, 09:53 AM
hm, i liked the manga but i did not like what TOEI made from it. especially their filling episodes where completely junk, even breaking some laws set up from the actual idea.

DB was indeed better, but i liked the android saga lf DBZ (between freezer saga and cell saga). sad was just that the german dub of DB got incredibly censored due to the fact that the french version was used to translate it...

DBGT is the biggest piece of junk due to the fact that it comes directly from TOEI and toriyama has nothing to do with it.

Inu_Ranma
Oct 12, 2003, 10:11 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to call it the worst Anime, or even one of them. I've seen too much that's worse. It's definitely (and this is documented) the most long-winded out there, at over 300 episodes (maybe there are only over 200 out in the US?). I'm not exactly a huge fan of the show, but what really gets my goat is the kids who watch maybe DBZ, Akira, and Ninja Scroll and then assume that they are suddenly knowledgeable about Anime and have seen all of the good Anime that there is to see. I think that people should enjoy it if they can, though, because it's that much more enjoyment that they can have.

Xenocraze
Oct 12, 2003, 03:58 PM
Dragonball was pretty entertaining I thought. Compared to Dragonball Z where they did almost the same thing every fight, Dragonball had new stuff to add all the time. At least up to where I saw. :/ I don't think it's anywhere near the worst anime ever either. There are some pretty damn bad animes out there. lol

starhealer
Oct 12, 2003, 04:16 PM
DB was indeed better, but i liked the android saga lf DBZ (between freezer saga and cell saga).

To be completely nit-picky, Cell is part of the Android saga--he doesn't have his own story arc.

And Dragonball is far better than DragonballZ, that's a definite. It's not a favourite, but I prefer the questy, psuedo Journey to the West of Dragonball than the senseless, prolonged fighting of DBZ.

And thank you, Inu_Ranma. Your observation is dead-on.

PABLOparavida
Oct 12, 2003, 04:22 PM
I don't really like DBz but I've never watched or played it.

pixelate
Oct 12, 2003, 06:35 PM
DBZ gives me phantom rectal pains from all the grunting.

neko-chan
Oct 12, 2003, 06:50 PM
The first series was really nice. When Goku was a child and started training along with Krilin and their master.

The episodes were enjoyable, most because Goku was a cute/naive character, and the fights didn't last for 10 or 20 episodes (that's the thing I dislike most from GT and Z >_<).

GT and Z are pure junk, IMO. They're all based on looong fights, and fights are almost all the same.

Mystil
Oct 13, 2003, 11:06 AM
Well, I liked Dragonball Z Frieza saga. The part of the Cell saga was ok, UNTIL he went perfect. From there I lost interest in the Dragonball series completly. And yes Dragon Ball was much more enjoyable. Goku kept dying and coming back.

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Oct 13, 2003, 04:20 PM
I sorta like Dragonball, all the characters seem to have a more active role. In DBZ, all the characters that were in Dragonball just slowly faded away. For example Tien, after the fight with Vegeta he like rarely he show and became weaker. In the Cell series Tien didnt do much and in the MAjin-Buu series he was totally worthless. He tried to help but Majin-Buu just kicked his ass and he passed out.

Shattered_weasel
Oct 13, 2003, 04:32 PM
ShAttered > Dragon Ball > Dragon ball Z > Dragon ball GT

Aunt_Betty
Oct 13, 2003, 09:53 PM
Stupid. The GT series I heard was a baby version. Whats next? DragonBall Senior?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kokekirby on 2003-10-13 19:55 ]</font>

Toruxxx
Oct 15, 2003, 06:09 PM
On 2003-10-13 19:53, Kokekirby wrote:
Stupid. The GT series I heard was a baby version. Whats next? DragonBall Senior?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kokekirby on 2003-10-13 19:55 ]</font>

lol funny it wernt a actule baby as them being baby's there was a bloke called babi i think thats how it was spelt but i dun care

JohanCC
Oct 15, 2003, 06:36 PM
DBZ in a Nutshell: http://www.bpextreme.com/flash/view.php?id=10

o and btw, its Bebi, which is pronounced bay-bee