PDA

View Full Version : im seriously thinking about giving up >=(

-benjamin-
Oct 11, 2003, 03:58 PM
right as some of u might know im recovering from a fsodX on my main chars (got one into v hard) but when this happened i started to play my FOnewm and he fastly became my new fave char, got him into v hard ad he could just use the fire:agni so i thought he was pretty cool, he was also 2 mag levels off a nidra (the scorpian, cant remember name) id found a paku paku, just needed a chao

i come off this site and decide to level him about 2 hours ago, and i turn on to see that not only has my pso data been corrupted but the mem card needs to be formatted, so i lose my soul calibur file aswell!!!!!!!! the only other save on that file >=( now i gotta start soul calibur again which sucks balls coz i think i only needed like 2 weapons or something to finish it (apart from costumes)

so now im almost to pissed to start AGAIN with another set of 4 chars, those were my 2nd highest and my highest after i corrupted with my main NINTENDO card

so please please tell me to play again, i love pso and have been in it since dc, but its sooooooooooooo starting to piss me off, has any1 else corrupted, started to recover then done it again on another card?

(sorry mods for swearing, im a tad annoyed after my 2nd corruption)

UPDATE: super monkey ball 2 was on the mem card too! =(

SpyroDi
Oct 11, 2003, 04:01 PM
It's easier to avoid FSODX on the Xbox.

-benjamin-
Oct 11, 2003, 04:06 PM
i live in a woods in england, so no broadband for me.

and no bb means no x-box =(

shame tho, i bought my sister one a bit ago and they seem fun =)

ABDUR101
Oct 11, 2003, 04:11 PM
Seriously, take a break from PSO for abit. Otherwise you're just going to get jaded and it's not going to be fun at all.

Take a break for abit, and then come back, ready to go again. =)

-benjamin-
Oct 11, 2003, 04:20 PM
i think i might, but then ill be annoyed that my chars are low, i was just approaching ult again, my hucast (main char 1st time corruption, lvl 100) is about lvl 40 now, and he could prolly do with some levelling, but talim also needs her soul caliburs back =) and siegfried his black swordy flat ended thing, and i need to unlock monkey tennis too

soul calibur shall be my 1st thing, then pso. but i did love my FOnewm, was just getting so that i could cast the cool looking spells (well higher levels)
id only just started getting to 4 slot frames too =

is there anyway some hacker type person on pso could cause my mem card to want yo format?

EDIT: 40 not 400 =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -benjamin- on 2003-10-11 14:38 ]</font>

joluh
Oct 11, 2003, 04:28 PM
Pah throw the stupid game away, GOOO GOOO AWAY before it's too late like with all of us... poor of us obssesed with PSO... hehehe kidding, just take a break, i'm about to do it with all of my exams... X_x'

Superguppie
Oct 13, 2003, 03:00 AM
Luckily, I never had to go through that. And so I now have a char that's lvl151...
What I've heard is the following:
The only safe cards for PSO are the official Nintendo 59s. The effect you described where the card needs to be formatted can even occur with the 251... I heard it sometimes helps to pull it out without formatting and putting it back in. You will get effects similar to FSOD (without the X) but at least you will not have to start all over.
Cards of other brands are not necessarily problematic, but the N-59 is the only one that seems to be guaranteed. So, when you start over, use that one.
And on the ppl calling you names for having a lowlvl, ignore them. They are a$$holes. If it gets to much, go find a place with less of those...

Olga-Rappy
Oct 13, 2003, 04:38 AM
Maybe the Gods have a greater purpose for you. Like an actual life.

Go on without us, for we are not worthy my son. Run, run and take opportunity by the hand, and never look back! *fades into wierd Dead Donoph mist*

AppieDPC
Oct 13, 2003, 05:16 AM
On 2003-10-13 01:00, Superguppie wrote:
Luckily, I never had to go through that. And so I now have a char that's lvl151...
What I've heard is the following:
The only safe cards for PSO are the official Nintendo 59s. The effect you described where the card needs to be formatted can even occur with the 251... I heard it sometimes helps to pull it out without formatting and putting it back in. You will get effects similar to FSOD (without the X) but at least you will not have to start all over.
Cards of other brands are not necessarily problematic, but the N-59 is the only one that seems to be guaranteed. So, when you start over, use that one.
And on the ppl calling you names for having a lowlvl, ignore them. They are a$$holes. If it gets to much, go find a place with less of those...

Also another tip:
Don't put other game files on your PSO memory card.
From the experience of many it is known that the PSO file doesn't like other game files on her card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
And like the others said take a break and then come back if you want to.

SubstanceD
Oct 13, 2003, 02:06 PM
I quit playing PSO! Well, I Tried to quit playing PSObut eventually I came back. Turns out that this game has an amazing hold other me, no other game is a repetive as PSO and yet I just can't get enough of this game.

I agree with Abdur take a break, time away from PSO will help you deal with your issues with the game ( FSODX ) and after I while you may begin to apreciate the game again.

navci
Oct 13, 2003, 02:29 PM
Also another tip:
Don't put other game files on your PSO memory card.
From the experience of many it is known that the PSO file doesn't like other game files on her card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
And like the others said take a break and then come back if you want to.

Really? *worries* Both my higher levels are on a card with bunch of other saves on it....

Dude, take a break. I did once. And when I come back it is still all addicting and good. Play some other addictive game for the moment. =D

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 13, 2003, 04:49 PM
Of course, the FSODX could be looked upon in a different light. Here's how a buddy of mine sees FSODX (though he doesn't describe it in so many words). When his card gets corrupted, he sees it as a opportunity to start anew. To experience the experience of gaining experience, all over again. How long has it been since you could level up in every third room? How long has it been since finding a Buster was exciting? Deal with your other issues, and come back to a new game, loaded with familiarity and fond memories.

Pastullio
Oct 13, 2003, 04:53 PM
The problem with me was that I finaly got online, but when I did, I played WAY too much, and now I'm lucky to even play it for two seconds. Which makes me wonder.... Why am I here on the PSO message boards if I don't play it anymore????

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 13, 2003, 05:19 PM
On 2003-10-13 14:53, Pastullio wrote:
The problem with me was that I finaly got online, but when I did, I played WAY too much, and now I'm lucky to even play it for two seconds. Which makes me wonder.... Why am I here on the PSO message boards if I don't play it anymore????

Evidently you're still addicted to the community.

Pastullio
Oct 13, 2003, 05:21 PM
I don't think so. I havn't been on this site for about three weeks or more even though it says I'm alwyas logged on. Hhhhhmmmmm.... Oh Well. I might as well start a new character on PSO while I'm at it.

punkrazza
Oct 13, 2003, 05:25 PM
Ben... I first got gc pso in december and played threw march...break till may and started again. and ended in july... im just kinda waiting for a server tahts free and pso 3 import..

Pastullio
Oct 13, 2003, 05:27 PM
On 2003-10-13 15:25, punkrazza wrote:
im just kinda waiting for a server tahts free

That isn't going to happen.

Duela_Night
Oct 13, 2003, 05:47 PM
It is not easy giving up, I tried but im still playing now, so start a new character and prove it to yourself that you can achieve your levels again. Trust me it is worth it becasue my character is 10Xs Stronger than my first and Second character

HairProneHalo
Oct 13, 2003, 06:10 PM
Uhm...You should have tried deleting Guild Card File before reformatting, I heard several times that is the healing for it.

Pastullio
Oct 13, 2003, 08:35 PM
On 2003-10-13 15:47, Duela_Night wrote:
It is not easy giving up, I tried but im still playing now

You are that addicted? That's sad, you need to have someone lock your videogame system in a safe for 3 weeks that way you get off the addiction.

Superguppie
Oct 14, 2003, 02:38 AM
On 2003-10-13 14:49, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Of course, the FSODX could be looked upon in a different light. Here's how a buddy of mine sees FSODX (though he doesn't describe it in so many words). When his card gets corrupted, he sees it as a opportunity to start anew. To experience the experience of gaining experience, all over again. How long has it been since you could level up in every third room? How long has it been since finding a Buster was exciting? Deal with your other issues, and come back to a new game, loaded with familiarity and fond memories.

If I want to have the thrills of a new char I can start one whenever I feel like it. But if the machine would decide when, and deny me the thrills of a highlvl char, that would seriously tick me off...

BlazingTiger
Oct 14, 2003, 03:00 AM
PSO is the game I'll love to hate. Chances are I'll make a new character before Christmas. *Yawns. PSO III don't be late!

AppieDPC
Oct 14, 2003, 05:09 AM
On 2003-10-13 12:29, navi wrote:
Really? *worries* Both my higher levels are on a card with bunch of other saves on it....

Perhaps copy those other game files to another card. And then delete them on the PSO card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
So you have a clean PSO card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif