PDA

View Full Version : GC: New Game

Bounty-Hunter
Oct 11, 2003, 10:26 PM
I am thinking of buying a new game for gamecube and I am not sure what to buy so I need help.
F-Zero GX
Soul Caliber II
or wait for a few months for Crystal Chronicles

The_Hero_Of_Time
Oct 11, 2003, 10:33 PM
thats a hard choice....I picked F-Zero, and my friend picked SC2 so we jsut traded off when we got tired of them, hmmmm, your choice dude, what ever youlike better. SC2 is a better multiplayer game, but F-Zero just kicks ass.

Bounty-Hunter
Oct 11, 2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the comment but I still dont know. I need another opinion.

Skett
Oct 11, 2003, 11:16 PM
Soul Calibur 2 is a great fighting game with plenty of modes and unlockables. Multiplayer is the meat of the game. If you dont have alot of friends that would be interested than pass.
F-Zero GX is speedy as heck. It is also strangly addicting and creating your own decals to put on a ship is great (created a PSOW one). The difficulty is rather great and might turn people of to the game.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals isn't out yet but the GameCube only UK magazine, Cube, gave it a 8.8/10. They said it had a certain spark that several FF titles lacked. One thing that popped out is how they said that the game is completely amazing in graphics department. But if you dont have a GBA and GCN/GBA cord, skip. Cant play without it.
You can always rent SC2 and FZGX, too, or wait for FF:CC.

vegeta000110
Oct 11, 2003, 11:38 PM
Soul Calibur 2 is a great game. As for the others, I haven't played FZero but FF:CC seems like it is good. IF you have the gc->gba cable

HairProneHalo
Oct 12, 2003, 12:13 AM
I got more fun from F-Zero.

Kent
Oct 12, 2003, 12:54 AM
I'd choose F-Zero GX, then later, when I have the funding, get Soul Calibur II, then Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (and a bunch of GameBoy Advance to GameCube link cables).

Bounty-Hunter
Oct 12, 2003, 08:21 AM
I will go with Kent. I have enough multiplayer games so I'll buy F-Zero GX first then wait until I have enough money for SC2 and since I have a GBA and the cable I will buy FFCC when it comes out on 02.09.2004.

DarthFomar
Oct 12, 2003, 08:25 AM
I like Rpgs so i would probably get Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. It will be an awesome game. It's one of the games every Gamecube owning, Rpg lover should buy.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

rena-ko
Oct 12, 2003, 09:30 AM
if you are playing mostly alone, forget about cristal chronicles...
famitsu says the single part is hard towards frustrating. its definitely a multiplayergame (and then it said to be great) - shame that its not online.

i beat soul calibur 2 within a week (i played the first part through as well), with using a day each for the last three tricky steps (quests) and with going online with pso in the night. it was pretty challenging but it gets boring if you play alone mostly.

f-zero i dunno yet. said to be hard. i'm looking forward to it.

you could also take viewtiful joe into account, if you like challenging games.

anyway, good luck with your decision, i'd second the f-zero, then SC2 then whatever you like-opinion mentioned above.

Kent
Oct 12, 2003, 10:54 AM
F-Zero GX isn't hard, it just requires skill, practice, and lots of free time...

silvermax
Oct 12, 2003, 10:59 AM
and the ability to not blink http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kent
Oct 12, 2003, 11:22 AM
Not really, you usually have time to blink between turns...

DeathCheese87
Oct 12, 2003, 11:22 AM
What about Viewtiful Joe?

Skett
Oct 12, 2003, 02:08 PM
-Veiwtiful Joe is a great game. I read that capcom has sold out on online orders so it must be pretty good. I have the demo and I enjoyed it.
-Their are other good games coming out for GCN. I just pre-ordered Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and cant wait until Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes debutes. Silicon Knights, dont fail me now!

PABLOparavida
Oct 12, 2003, 06:25 PM
F-zero GX is awesome. Get it.

Aunt_Betty
Oct 12, 2003, 09:08 PM
i can play multi i have a gba and a cord.

shifter
Oct 12, 2003, 10:12 PM
ive got both, and enjoy both. but right now im addicted f0. its ungodly fast and will be a challenge for times to come. multi player wise, go for sc, ull get more enjoyment out of it. in f0, u only two - none com. players, which to me sucks. u need time inorder to be some what good in sc, but its worth it.