PDA

View Full Version : dal ral lie

deathreaper
Oct 12, 2003, 01:03 AM
man this guy is hard... i've checked the boss guide and tried what is say but i still can beat him any one have some tips? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Delsaber
Oct 12, 2003, 01:27 AM
Gain levels. If you are a hunter, use a slicer, sword, partisan. A ranger should use either a photon launcher or a shot of some sort. If you are a force, Gifoie/Rafoie him to death. More importantly, gain levels.

Loser
Oct 12, 2003, 06:32 AM
On 2003-10-11 23:27, Delsaber wrote:
Gain levels. If you are a hunter, use a slicer, sword, partisan. A ranger should use either a photon launcher or a shot of some sort. If you are a force, Gifoie/Rafoie him to death. More importantly, gain levels.

Exactly.

ginko990
Oct 12, 2003, 07:22 AM
Gain some levels. Use a sword or partisan type weapon on his body when he beaches up onto the raft. Rafoie him while he's swimming by the sides of the raft.

Hrith
Oct 12, 2003, 08:06 AM
lol, you sure you've played the game ??

Trying to hit all its parts will only make the fight last longer. If you kill all its "parts", it will die. But if you kill only its head, it'll die too, and much quicker !

Hunter : use your most powerful Twin Saber.

Ranger : use PHOTON LAUNCHER, GUILTY LIGHT or RED SCORPIO, those weapons simply rule any boss.

Force : use Gizonde aiming for its head only ! boosting Gizonde any way you can, it'll die in no time.

Note : his body parts are weak towards fire-based techniques online only.

Ketchup345
Oct 12, 2003, 09:28 AM
I suggest using a slicer type weapon, especially if its in Ultimate. It hit several parts and did nice damage. Using a Slicer type weapon also keeps you moving for when he does his tentacle attack, allowing you to keep attacking.

Photon Launcher type weapons are good for the lower forms for RAngers, but are just too slow IMO to be useful for the Ultimate version. They let you get hit too much due to the long recovery time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-10-12 17:22 ]</font>

Velocity_7
Oct 12, 2003, 10:17 AM
I've found Rafoie comes up with great results. And no, attacking all the parts doesn't make the fight longer; if you break the armor on all of the parts, think this way. If you hit five of the (open) parts doing about 50 to 70 HP damage each part, 50 * 5 = 250 HP or 70 * 5 = 350 HP. And this all counts towards the boss' actual HP. That's a lot compared to just attacking the head doing about 110 or 160.

For a ranger, like others said, use a shot, because that works well. Rafoie, however, hits a lot more areas than the shot, so if you can use that instead. Razonde also works, but not as great as Rafoie. Rabarta utterly sucks against De Rol Le/Da Ral Lie.

In the worst-case scenario, if you're a HUCast (gasp!), I suggest using a slicer-type weapon (damn someone beat me to that suggestion!). Finally, a purpose for that little gizmo! Hehe. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2003-10-12 08:18 ]</font>

ginko990
Oct 12, 2003, 11:51 AM
On 2003-10-12 06:06, Kefka wrote:
lol, you sure you've played the game ??

Trying to hit all its parts will only make the fight last longer. If you kill all its "parts", it will die. But if you kill only its head, it'll die too, and much quicker !

Hunter : use your most powerful Twin Saber.

Ranger : use PHOTON LAUNCHER, GUILTY LIGHT or RED SCORPIO, those weapons simply rule any boss.

Force : use Gizonde aiming for its head only ! boosting Gizonde any way you can, it'll die in no time.

Note : his body parts are weak towards fire-based techniques online only.

Meh, I've played the game. I know this, it's the same deal with Vol Opt and his pillars. I still attack the screen.

PABLOparavida
Oct 12, 2003, 04:19 PM
fo use rafoie
ra use heaven punisher
hu use tjsword

silvermax
Oct 12, 2003, 04:39 PM
On 2003-10-12 09:51, ginko990 wrote:
Meh, I've played the game. I know this, it's the same deal with Vol Opt and his pillars. I still attack the screen.

i do too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lain2k3
Oct 12, 2003, 05:47 PM
For hunters, use slicers while he's swimming, and as soon as he gtes on the boat, attack his face ASAP with a doublesaber, mechgun, or dagger.

For rangers, use a launcher while he's off the boat (nug-2000 is ideal) and when he gets on the boat, use mechs, twin brand, stag cutlery, or, ideally spread needle.

I havent fought dal ra lie with a fo tho.

Hrith
Oct 12, 2003, 07:15 PM
I notice that many people don't really pay attention to what it comes to.

Damage given to De Rol Le, Dal Ra Lie or Barbe Ray's body parts will only be regarded as 1/6 of actual damage towards the boss's actual HP, same for Vol Opt or Vol Opt ver.2's screens.

If you played C-mode, you'd know that.

i.e.
My Lv 154 HUcast (MAG Rati 10 140 50 0)
Dal Ra Lie with DRAGON SLAYER (90% Altered Beast), it dies the second time it gets "on board" and has time to hit me 4 times with its feelers on his second time getting on board.
With DEMOLITION COMET (30% Altered Beast), attacking only the head : it dies the first time it gets on board and sometimes doesn't even have enough time to hit me with its 4 feeler attacks.

Offline Dal Ra Lie does NOT takes damage from Rafoie !

Lord_of_Nightmares
Oct 12, 2003, 08:05 PM
fire based techs deal damage it takes a crappy amount, but yes offline use zonde techs on him.

vegeta000110
Oct 12, 2003, 08:37 PM
On 2003-10-12 17:15, Kefka wrote:
Offline Dal Ra Lie does NOT takes damage from Rafoie !

BS. I play offline only and used Rafoie on Mr. Da Ral Lie. Currently it's 57 damage a section. Actually, any tech will still work on it. I know. I've tried. The head isn't harmed by Foie techs and the body isn't by Zonde Techs.

Hrith
Oct 12, 2003, 08:40 PM
I know, I was being extreme to get my point through. 57 a part lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Neo_Slayer
Oct 12, 2003, 08:57 PM
i am a Hunter so i use my Yamato alot on him. i do about 600 each time i go through combo on him. when he is in the water i use Diska of Bravemen.

A2K
Oct 13, 2003, 12:11 AM
I did about 315 damage to his head with Grants when I faced him offline with my FO recently. Aim for the wrong part, though, and you only do like 60.

chantez131313
Oct 13, 2003, 05:52 PM
I was level 91 HUcast when i beat Da Rel Lie or however its spelled with a Red Sword. I did however use 10 monos, di, tri, and 6 star atomizers. Keep trying its possible. Also with a sword when he latcheds on hit 5 times wait till he swings tenticle then hit him 2 times (extremely quick) and back away. Repeat until he latches off then repeat till dead. Also be sure to try and hit him with a gun/slicer while off the raft. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chantez131313 on 2003-10-13 15:53 ]</font>