PDA

View Full Version : Why did fomarl get noob attack animations?

Uncle_bob
Oct 12, 2003, 04:18 PM
Agito/saber, handgun, rifle, and dagger (maybe even sword, not sure) animations on Fomarls are so damn slow it's not even funny. Come on, ST! You already gave them crappy stats, atleast give them fast attack animations with those weapons.

Nai_Calus
Oct 12, 2003, 04:35 PM
Ugh, I can't stand the FOmarl's attack animations. I made one once. She got to L2. I hated her run. I hated her walk. I hated her tech casting animations. I hated her melee animations. It was so horribly awful. Then I made a FOmar. Hey, these are the same decent attack animations as my HUmar! Some of these tech animations with weapons are better, even! I don't attack like I'm underwater!
Poor FOmarl. She's already got the worst MST and not that much more ATP than a FOnewm, and then they give her pants for melee animations.

Uncle_bob
Oct 12, 2003, 04:37 PM
*sigh* If I only had a god/battle, using my Fomarl would be so much more fun.

pixelate
Oct 12, 2003, 06:53 PM
Give her an Inferno Bazooka.

Soukosa
Oct 12, 2003, 07:13 PM
I thought the days of FOmarl-bashing were over, but I guess not. So many people whine about how the FOmarl is, but I have very few problems with mine and in fact, I do better with her than I do with any of my other chars. The katana animation is slow with everyone, the saber animation on a FOmarl greatly speeds up with a good battle unit, the Rifle isn't that bad, the handgun animation may suck, but their shot animation makes up for that, and I see nothing wrong with dagger animation. I also wish people would stop making fun of a FOmarl walks, anyone that finds it weird or whatever, seriously don't know much about how the human body moves.

Also, stop comparing the max stats of the clases. A good number of the classes aren't going to max out in a way that's going to be useable. I feel that ST didn't intend for all the stats to be maxed out at the same time. In fact, the FOnewm is the only newman that can be fully maxed out legitly, but you'd have to use a weapon to help it out and using that weapon isn't going to help out with certain circumstances. You people need to look at all the qualities the class has, not simply their stats.

JavaMoon
Oct 12, 2003, 09:07 PM
On 2003-10-12 17:13, Sounomi wrote:
Also, stop comparing the max stats of the clases. A good number of the classes aren't going to max out in a way that's going to be useable. I feel that ST didn't intend for all the stats to be maxed out at the same time. In fact, the FOnewm is the only newman that can be fully maxed out legitly, but you'd have to use a weapon to help it out and using that weapon isn't going to help out with certain circumstances. You people need to look at all the qualities the class has, not simply their stats.

Actually the FOmarl is the easiest to max! You can have everything.....EVERYTHING maxed and not need one rare item to do it. Plan your mag and materials properly and all you'd need is perhaps an Elf/Legs.

Soukosa
Oct 12, 2003, 09:13 PM
On 2003-10-12 19:07, JavaMoon wrote:
Actually the FOmarl is the easiest to max! You can have everything.....EVERYTHING maxed and not need one rare item to do it. Plan your mag and materials properly and all you'd need is perhaps an Elf/Legs.

I'm aware of that. I feel that the FOmarl is one of the few classes that is meant to be maxed out. I've also setup mine so that if I ever get her to lv 200, she'll just need a new mag and a God/Luck to max everything out.

Lede
Oct 13, 2003, 03:52 AM
Crappy stats? her stats are just fine to me, much better then fomars, atp is a bit higher then hers but his sucky ata makes that look like shit, i would not really say she has the most horrible mst, its the lowest yes but fomar only has about 64 more which dont make a dam bit of diffrence in the eyes of a pro.

Stop basing fomarls in fact shes the second best force next to fonewreal, at least she can take a damn hit better then any other force, not to mention she has the highest def and hp out of the forces which most are weak in. some animations are slow but why should you care. in rare casses slow animation is good she has fastest slicer animation and bazooka which i find quite useful. and she does not have that gay card wep run the other forces do either, i have no problem with mine, proud of her and would not switch for jack. tho i do agree about the ata switch tho, she deserves it more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2003-10-13 01:54 ]</font>

Bradicus
Oct 13, 2003, 12:32 PM
Has anyone tried equiping a HUmar with that staff that looks like a giant pot leaf? He does the same "flowery" walk that FOnewms do (picture a tall HUmar with black armor swaying his hips http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

SubstanceD
Oct 13, 2003, 01:39 PM
I like the concept of Fomarls ( suport Force that is well balanced ) but I will not make or use one because I hate thier attack ( and walk and run ) animations.

On 2003-10-13 10:32, Bradicus wrote:
Has anyone tried equiping a HUmar with that staff that looks like a giant pot leaf? He does the same "flowery" walk that FOnewms do (picture a tall HUmar with black armor swaying his hips http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

Damn! There's a big giant pot leaf in PSO and I did not know about it. Defenetly got to tack down one of these bad boys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2003-10-13 11:40 ]</font>

Bradicus
Oct 13, 2003, 02:48 PM
On 2003-10-13 11:39, SubstanceD wrote:

Damn! There's a big giant pot leaf in PSO and I did not know about it. Defenetly got to tack down one of these bad boys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2003-10-13 11:40 ]</font>

ya, i created a FOnewm name Smokey Mcpot ten minutes after i found it!

Uncle_bob
Oct 13, 2003, 03:22 PM
Look, I'm not "bashing" Fomarls. Hell, I have a level 180 Fomarl, she's my favorite character! I'm just pointing out that they'd be so much better if ST didn't screw 80% of their attack animations.

Nai_Calus
Oct 13, 2003, 04:12 PM
Has anyone tried equiping a HUmar with that staff that looks like a giant pot leaf? He does the same "flowery" walk that FOnewms do (picture a tall HUmar with black armor swaying his hips ^^; )

Damn you, now I -am-. XD *giggle* Yet another thing the FOmar does better than the rest of the fleshbag males - He uses a rod-type like a NORMAL HUMAN BEING. Not that you'd want to use one with a FOmar, because it's so incredibly sloooow to cast with. I get so spoiled by my unarmed casting speed, honestly. >_>;

I'm not bashing the FOmarl. She's an awesome support Force. Consequently, she does absolutely nothing at all for me. I have no use for an awesome support Force. I can do just fine with mediocre/crappy support Forces, since I have no need to support anyone by myself. And the FOmarl's animations really -do- bug me. I realise that she walks and runs normally, but the way her dress is over that makes it look like she's waddling. O_x And the saber animation is just... So sad... ^^;

rena-ko
Oct 13, 2003, 04:14 PM
fomarls are meanth to be online charas, support is where their strengths are.
sure, fomarls are slow, walk funny and dont have legs but they're not impossible to play.

if you can cope with it, good for you, have fun.
if you cant, good for you, try another chara type.

but dissing a class just because you personally dont get around using it right is waste of everyone's time.

peace

Soukosa
Oct 13, 2003, 08:20 PM
On 2003-10-13 14:14, rena-ko wrote:
fomarls are meanth to be online charas, support is where their strengths are.

Why do so many people consider FOmarls to be online support chars? They can easily hold their own alone, in fact, I'm further in the game with my

FOmarl than I am with any of my other chars.
sure, fomarls are slow, walk funny and dont have legs but they're not impossible to play.

Read my first reply above.

Mystil
Oct 13, 2003, 08:34 PM
On 2003-10-12 17:13, Sounomi wrote:

Kinda ironic that FOmarls get bashed as much as HUmars huh? I wouldn't say it's comparing with other characters either. Just comparing the FOmarls stats with the DC version FOmarl stats which were almost unchanged(and some reduced).

I've used a FOmarl before, up to level32. They are alright to me. Then again, I never cared about the speed of an attack animation, just how much damage it can dish out.

Stop basing fomarls in fact shes the second best force next to fonewreal
Now, I don't know about all that. MST doesn't really say anything about FOnewearls. FOmarls have the best range in support of all the forces. What good is Resta and Anti x2 ONLY for? When you gotta break your fonewearls NECK to cast SD on everyone, unless you have Shifta Merge/Deband Merge/Madams Umbrella? OR REALLY high level Fone. Sorry, as much as I wanna agree with that(cause I have one). Power with attack techs(which they have better than FOmarls) don't mean much to me. It's ease of support, which FOmarls are number 1 in. FOmars are in between, and FOnewms got screwed in all areas except the attack spells.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-13 18:40 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Oct 13, 2003, 09:55 PM
On 2003-10-13 18:34, Silhouette wrote:

Stop basing fomarls in fact shes the second best force next to fonewreal
Now, I don't know about all that. MST doesn't really say anything about FOnewearls. FOmarls have the best range in support of all the forces. What good is Resta and Anti x2 ONLY for? When you gotta break your fonewearls NECK to cast SD on everyone, unless you have Shifta Merge/Deband Merge/Madams Umbrella? OR REALLY high level Fone. Sorry, as much as I wanna agree with that(cause I have one). Power with attack techs(which they have better than FOmarls) don't mean much to me. It's ease of support, which FOmarls are number 1 in. FOmars are in between, and FOnewms got screwed in all areas except the attack spells.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-13 18:40 ]</font>

FOmars are almost as bad as support FOs as FOnewms are. ^^; Resta/Anti Range is more useful in the long run than Shifta/Deband range is. Face it, the HUs are gonna get whacked fairly often, someone's gonna get paralyzed/confused/slowed/whatever eventually, and do you really want to run into the thick of things with a character packing some of the worst HP and DFP in the game to fix them? Crap S/D range is fine, you only need to cast it once every few minutes and if people don't want to get by you for it, screw 'em. As a FOmar user, I can attest to just how god-awful the Resta range is. It's ass. I can cast Shifta across entire continents, but Resta? Bleeeeeech.(For the record, my Resta level is 26, Shifta is 24, character is 101) FOmars are really bad support FOs. ^^;

bordering
Oct 14, 2003, 07:10 AM
oook... i can't belive you've gotten to level 180 and you still diss the FOmarl's animations. you list saber, rifle, daggers, and HANDGUN of all things that have crappy animations. well, i guess that's true. her animations on those are awkward. but how often are you really using those weapons... at level 180? i mean, COME ON. they're not exactly the most efficient weps for any class.

the FOmarl's other animations (the ones that really matter) are superior to the male animations. her double saber animation is AWESOME, very slick and not too aggressive. she'll have a better chance to land all of her attempted hits than a male would becuase a male's double saber animation is much more risky. her slicer animation is also above par. and her twin sword animation is insanely fluid (too bad the only twin sword she can use is g-ass sabers). i've never notice a problem with her partisan animation either (i use m's umbrella to deal out over 1k of dmg on the special on a crit (with only lv 30 s and z)).

for a melee FO, it's best to run them with the most pain inducing weps you can find. her mechgun animation is sorta weird when compared to her handgun animation in that it's so stiff and focused. i use, on my FOmarl, charge gats 50 hit, an inferno bazooka (CARAZY speed boost that's exclusive to her), my srank twin, my rainbow baton 00/00/40/40/60, sometimes my holy ray (rifles are like mechs, the slight animation diffs between chars don't amount to any less efficency), and sometimes my red saber with 20 hit (yea, the animation does sorta suck for sabers, but with a god/battle on it gets the job done).

maybe you should try using the weapons that have above par animations that also have a greater innate dmg potential instead of using the ones with bad animations that have a lower innate dmg potential? just a thought.

SubstanceD
Oct 14, 2003, 03:27 PM
Not that anyone mentioned my name or anything but just for the record I do not hate Fomarls, I just said that I hate thier various animations and if it weren't for the way she were animated I would 'love' to use one.

Uncle_bob
Oct 14, 2003, 03:29 PM
On 2003-10-14 05:10, bordering wrote:
oook... i can't belive you've gotten to level 180 and you still diss the FOmarl's animations. you list saber, rifle, daggers, and HANDGUN of all things that have crappy animations. well, i guess that's true. her animations on those are awkward. but how often are you really using those weapons... at level 180? i mean, COME ON. they're not exactly the most efficient weps for any class.

the FOmarl's other animations (the ones that really matter) are superior to the male animations. her double saber animation is AWESOME, very slick and not too aggressive. she'll have a better chance to land all of her attempted hits than a male would becuase a male's double saber animation is much more risky. her slicer animation is also above par. and her twin sword animation is insanely fluid (too bad the only twin sword she can use is g-ass sabers). i've never notice a problem with her partisan animation either (i use m's umbrella to deal out over 1k of dmg on the special on a crit (with only lv 30 s and z)).

for a melee FO, it's best to run them with the most pain inducing weps you can find. her mechgun animation is sorta weird when compared to her handgun animation in that it's so stiff and focused. i use, on my FOmarl, charge gats 50 hit, an inferno bazooka (CARAZY speed boost that's exclusive to her), my srank twin, my rainbow baton 00/00/40/40/60, sometimes my holy ray (rifles are like mechs, the slight animation diffs between chars don't amount to any less efficency), and sometimes my red saber with 20 hit (yea, the animation does sorta suck for sabers, but with a god/battle on it gets the job done).

maybe you should try using the weapons that have above par animations that also have a greater innate dmg potential instead of using the ones with bad animations that have a lower innate dmg potential? just a thought.

Well, I considered the Inferno Bazooka before...but!
GASP!
Fomarls get screwed again! Sure, they may be fast with the weapon, but it has low ATA, and it's ATP is a lie.

Striker07
Oct 14, 2003, 06:27 PM
Fomarls are decent. They can hold their own....sometimes. But if I had a choice between Fomars and Fomarls I'd be goin with the Fomar.

bordering
Oct 14, 2003, 06:43 PM
The village idiot
i agree wholeheartedly with your title.

did you even read my post? to get the most damage done in the most efficent manner with any melee FO, you need to use mechguns with high hit %, a slicer (with high hit %), and/or a partisan (preferably with hit, duh), and a twin saber. those are the most effective weps in terms of one on one and multiple hit potential.

saber, handgun, rifle, bazooka (even though it is FUN), and other 3 hit per combo weps are NOT efficient damage dealers for ANY class, and ESPECIALLY not for melee FOs who depend on large part on critical hits to make a decent showing as a participant on the battlefield.

you have a higher chance of not only doing more normal damge in a shorter amount of time using weps that target one enemy and hit it repeatedly (mechs, twins) you also have a higher chance to get several criticals in in the same time it would take you to do a weak strong strong combo with a saber (where in all likelyhood, even with max luck, only one of the three hits will be a critical). basically the one-two--three--one-two-three combo of a twin or the 9 hit per combo vollies of a mech increase your critical threat range. they also mean that you'll be doing way more damage in approximately the same amount of time than you would with a slightly more powerful (atp wise) one-two-three hit wep. and don't forget that ata for each subsequent hit increases after the first.

god, i can't belive i have to sit down and explain things that are so freaking obvious.

who the hell cares that the FOmarl's animations for the CRAP weapons (sabers, handguns, other one-two-three hit weps) are also crap? they're CRAPPY wep types, WHY bother using them? (on a melee FO anyway. i often use a saber and handgun on, say, my HUcast to keep him from becoming TOO overpowered (note that i do that to NERF his dmg potential, not ENHANCE it).) to do effective damage as a melee FO, you need to use the most efficent [cheapest, most damaging] weapons available to you. these are mechguns, slicers, partisans (only females can use one of the best rare partisans in the game, the m's umbrella; sure, it's atp is less than soul banish, but its special, beserk, gives it more damage potential in the end), and twin sabers. the FOmarl's slicer and twin saber animations are astonishingly good, waaaay better than any male animation i've encountered. her partisan animation is par (i've never really paid that much attention to it). and i have never ever noticed anything other than an aesthetic difference for any sort of gun on any class. ya the recoil on the handgun is lame, but it still fires at the same rate as far as i can tell; and i've gotta load it up later to have a look at it, but i think her animation for the holy ray is the stock female rifle animation.i could be wrong on that point, not sure. the point is that all guns outside of launchers and photon launchers pretty much have the same rate of fire accross the board and that the animations are just aesthetic.

anyway, i don't think that the FOmarl is the one who's the n00b in this case.

Bradicus
Oct 14, 2003, 08:13 PM
*sigh*
in my oppinion, if you wanna fight with a Force, get a damn HUnewearl already :/

- this is from the viewpoint of a guy who uses a HUmar btw... I guess that voids my oppinion....

Shin-Volcano
Oct 18, 2003, 12:31 AM
*sigh*
in my oppinion, if you wanna fight with a Force, get a damn HUnewearl already :/

- this is from the viewpoint of a guy who uses a HUmar btw... I guess that voids my oppinion....

Well hes talking about forces, not hunters, im sure he knows the diffrence.

besides if choosing between a fomar and a fomarl fomarl is the obivous right minded choice, you can use fomar to make things harder on your self which is fine in some cases, nothing wrong with a challange buts shes best support force period, as well as meele force, she may not have that godly atp like fomars have but she dam sure can take a hit better, hit a little better and suvive in the front line then a fomar can at much lower levels.

the slow animations are medicore they are not that bad to where just say going to hate a fomarl, no where near it, if you do then dam you dont deserve to even play a fomarl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shin-Volcano on 2003-10-17 22:33 ]</font>

Rudoku
Oct 18, 2003, 02:37 AM
Damn, all this bitching because someone doesn't like a character's attack animation...

Mystil
Oct 18, 2003, 08:16 AM
On 2003-10-14 13:29, Uncle_bob wrote:

On 2003-10-14 05:10, bordering wrote:

Well, I considered the Inferno Bazooka before...but!
GASP!
Fomarls get screwed again! Sure, they may be fast with the weapon, but it has low ATA, and it's ATP is a lie.

Uhm. ATLEAST YOU HAVE ATP DAMMIT. Sinue and me and so many other good FOnewearl users shouldn't have to go through all this long behind costumizing to do over 1000 damamge(or 500 in my case). While YOU can easily get that by eating 40-75 POWER MATS and leveling UP!. Be grateful for the gifts your FOmarl has. Animations?? ANIMATIONS?!! Oh please.

I like FOmarls gun animations. Especially when they set off a PB.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-18 18:14 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Oct 19, 2003, 12:02 PM
On 2003-10-18 06:16, Silhouette wrote:
Uhm. ATLEAST YOU HAVE ATP DAMMIT. Sinue and me and so many other good FOnewearl users shouldn't have to go through all this long behind costumizing to do over 1000 damamge(or 500 in my case). While YOU can easily get that by eating 40-75 POWER MATS and leveling UP!. Be grateful for the gifts your FOmarl
has. Animations?? ANIMATIONS?!! Oh please.

I like FOmarls gun animations. Especially when they set off a PB.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-18 18:14 ]</font>

Um..Fomarls can't just DO over 500 damage per hit like everyone else can. We only have a max ATP of 875 or something. (3rd lowest in the game.) Online, the only way I can do over 500 is with a PB s/d or if I use my Morning Glory ONLY when the beat time is good.

Unless you have uber hax on your Fomarl, don't expect to do more than 530 per hit most of the time.

And about fomarl's gun animations. Have you ever actually gone into Ult with a fomarl and tried to use a Handgun or Rifle? Try doing that and still say you like her handgun/rifle animation. :|

bordering
Oct 19, 2003, 03:41 PM
Um..Fomarls can't just DO over 500 damage per hit like everyone else can. We only have a max ATP of 875 or something. (3rd lowest in the game.) Online, the only way I can do over 500 is with a PB s/d or if I use my Morning Glory ONLY when the beat time is good.

Unless you have uber hax on your Fomarl, don't expect to do more than 530 per hit most of the time.

And about fomarl's gun animations. Have you ever actually gone into Ult with a fomarl and tried to use a Handgun or Rifle? Try doing that and still say you like her handgun/rifle animation. :|

you're pretty ignorant, you know that? ever heard of a little special called BESERK? under lv. 30 s/z in caves and forest, my FOmarl with naturally maxed atp can hit almost any of the bartle/vulmer types for upwards of 1000 pts of dmg on a special critical with her madam's umbrella (% 00/00/30/30, LEGIT (like everything i use)). i think that's the FIRST time i've ever been called a 1337 h4><04Z. hahahahahaha. although, beyond forest and caves it's sorta tough to do that since her ata becomes a REAL limiting factor. also, if i get get a weak weak weak, hard, hard, hard, special, special, special volley off with the charge mechs, i'd say it could do anywhere from 200 200 200 300 300 300 500 500 650. i'm a bit off on those numbers, i know, i've been playing mostly my HUcast lately. but the damage on charge gats adds up really quickly, even though i usually DON'T hit for all attempts with those due to her shitty ata.

also, the other night i was under 3 way pb in ruins, and i was hitting dark belra for 997 pts of dmg with my red saber on a hard crit.

YOU ARE FORGETTING CRITICALS. critical hits, like i've said twice now and am about to say again, are of the utmost importance to being an effective melee FO. without those crits of 750 on a hard strike with my rainbow baton against claws, i'd quite possibly be doing the same amount of dmg a casting FO would with their techs. IT'S CRITICAL HITS THAT MAKE THE MELEE FO. perhaps you messed up and didn't mess your luck?

anyway, yea. i use a holy ray on her all the time. it's my main weapon for falz and i use it occasionally in the level if i'm with a reall strong party (and the amt of dmg i do doesn't have to be as much as i could possibly do). i =never= use a handgun on her because i can find no logical reason for why i should considering i have a rifle with more atp and more [b]ata[/] than any handgun she could use has. the animation, to me, someone who has used both sex of RA and male HUs does not seem at all less effective than any of their animations. i don't even think that her rifle animations LOOKS stupdi (like her handgun one does).

the point is that, as everyone who really knows pso knows, that if you want to do huge damage you don't do it with three hit weps. you do it with -effective-multiple hit weps. the FOmarl's animations with most of these types are equal to or greater than the FOmar's (her closest competior).

now, i don't always play for max damage. sometimes i like to kick it with the parms arms, red saber, and fryiing pan... but that's more for having fun than playing as effectively as i possibly could.

Uncle_bob
Oct 19, 2003, 03:58 PM
you're pretty ignorant, you know that? ever heard of a little special called BESERK? under lv. 30 s/z in caves and forest, my FOmarl with naturally maxed atp can hit almost any of the bartle/vulmer types for upwards of 1000 pts of dmg on a special critical with her madam's umbrella (% 00/00/30/30, LEGIT (like everything i use)). i think that's the FIRST time i've ever been called a 1337 h4><04Z. hahahahahaha.

Well, I'm not blessed enough to have rare items like that flying out of my ass like everyone else does. And I never called you a "1337 h4><04z", don't put words in my mouth.
P.S.- Now who's the ignorant one? ;o

bordering
Oct 19, 2003, 04:07 PM
THE VILLAGE IDIOT WROTE: Unless you have uber hax on your Fomarl, don't expect to do more than 530 per hit most of the time.

you were implying that anyone who does more than 530 dmg is omglol!!1!!one a 1337 h4><0rz wid teh ub34 H4>< lolomgwtf!!!!11onemillionbillion

hell, even with only 30 s/z in ruins i can hit many things for around 700 per hard crit with her rainbow baton. CRITCALS CRITCALS CRITCALS. that's what puts the melee FO in a higher class (online, and, sigh, -IMO-) than casting FOs. not just that they're using weps, but that they're often doing higher dmg to single AND multiple enemies. a melee FO with less than 80some luck is a neuter, AGAIN, imo.

Uncle_bob
Oct 19, 2003, 04:15 PM
Maybe you should understand what "most of the time" means.

Bradicus
Oct 19, 2003, 09:07 PM
when i want to do damage with a force i use a spell... i dont even have a hard hit as an attack.

thats just me i guess.

Cerris
Oct 19, 2003, 09:14 PM
for once i agree with prance boy...
what is the world coming to?

Uncle_bob
Oct 19, 2003, 09:17 PM
On 2003-10-19 19:07, Bradicus wrote:
when i want to do damage with a force i use a spell... i dont even have a hard hit as an attack.

thats just me i guess.

Fomarls weren't blessed with uber MST and uber offensive tech bonuses. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

bordering
Oct 20, 2003, 01:59 AM
FOmarls and mars don't have average atp and mst for no reason, if you play a marl or mar as pure caster, you are playing a character that's not living up to their potential.

well, MOST OF THE TIME, i am hitting for cumulative dmg way in excess of 530. and MOST OF THE TIME, i'm getting at least one hit in excess of 530 due to a hard crit or two or three.

so, eh.

Shin-Volcano
Oct 20, 2003, 03:32 AM
Here is the deal with fomarls, they where made to go both ways, i mean this is just he way i see it, but not uber powerful enough to where they are overpwerd in that departement, sure she has lower mst and not as uber atp as fomar but there balanced to where she can do well as either 100% support 100% attack or 50/50 i have tested this my self several ruins runs with fomarl i have did the following

#1 used nothing but teqs
#2 did nothing but meele
#3 did nothing but support
#4 support well and attack well.

and she has done well, You do not have to have uber mst uber atp to survive in this game, its quite easy and if you must depend on haveing the higest of every thing and perfect animations then you have lost the knowlegde of a good RPG. lets say they gave fomarl the 1002 max atp and the lets say 500 max def 1600+ mst over 700 evade and most hp as well as gi,ra and simple teq bost as well as support while other forces stayed same., what would this mean? right it would mean she would be OVERPOWERD and to strong, pretty much No use for any other force, am i wrong? i think st did quite well i was mad at her mst at 1st, but after focusing on my fomarl for the past few weeks i have seen excalty why they gave her what she has and she as you say *rocks* nothing wrong with her i love her dearly and would not give her up for the world, thats just my 2 cents. so complaning about animation and low mst is just saying you cannot deal with balance, not blessed with higher atp and teqs? do you know fonewreals would kill and trade about 400 mst for that kind of atp and hp? as well as the other 2 forces? and from a freind who is a level 197 fomarl she gets up ward of 1700+ hp! now tell me that doesnt float your boat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shin-Volcano on 2003-10-20 01:37 ]</font>

Mystil
Oct 20, 2003, 08:39 PM
All I got to say to you 'bob' is screw your FOmarl after all that I've read here. 530 per hit my ass. Atleast you're granted the power to do that much. PER HIT. You didn't say total but PER HIT. 530-550 is what my Fone does in total, 100 per hit, WITH JZ.

I'd give all my damm EVP(which fomarls lack) for atleat 100 extra ATP. Or to shut you up, I'd give 40% of my max ATA. Pointing out weaknesses for character is one thing. But totally dissing yout CHARACTER class for them is another. I hate that shit.

You fomarl users are too damn spoiled by ST(best support in the game), and all you want is more and more power.

bordering
Oct 21, 2003, 05:02 AM
umm, i never bitched about my FOmarl. in fact, i've always been the sort to scream "FOmarls pwn j00!!!1!!!11one" at any opportune moment (and even at moments where it seems quite out of place)... not in those exact words of course, but with a power point presentation including many charts and graphs demonstrating that FOmarls do indeed, pwn muchly.

if you're playing a FOnewearl as melee, then you're playing against class. not that it can't be done, considering they have the best ata of any FO... but that it's gonna be a bumpy ride 'til their physical stats grow to the point where they're useable.

FOmarls are made for melee and they grow into that role even faster than a FOmar does.

the reason i find this topic so jaw droppingly astoundingly mesmerizingly dumb is that it's been a well known and much touted fact that the FOmarl has some of the best wep animations in the game. such as her double saber, twin sword, and slicer animations. i mean... good god. her animations for effective dmg dealing weps rock.

Shin-Volcano
Oct 21, 2003, 11:45 AM
On 2003-10-20 18:39, Silhouette wrote:
All I got to say to you 'bob' is screw your FOmarl after all that I've read here. 530 per hit my ass. Atleast you're granted the power to do that much. PER HIT. You didn't say total but PER HIT. 530-550 is what my Fone does in total, 100 per hit, WITH JZ.

I'd give all my damm EVP(which fomarls lack) for atleat 100 extra ATP. Or to shut you up, I'd give 40% of my max ATA. Pointing out weaknesses for character is one thing. But totally dissing yout CHARACTER class for them is another. I hate that shit.

You fomarl users are too damn spoiled by ST(best support in the game), and all you want is more and more power.

This does not apply to all fomarl users, as i stated in the last post i wrote...well read it your self..that actaully applys to humars and fomars who already have more then what they should yet they want more and more and more but it don't work like that.

Mystil
Oct 22, 2003, 05:08 AM
*holds back on comment*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-22 03:53 ]</font>

Shimarisu
Oct 25, 2003, 07:26 PM
ATA matters not. Get to level 150 and you can buy vulcans with UBER hit percents RIGHT OUT OF THE SHOP. Yes, you read that. Out of the shop. I barely touch the masses of incredible rares I've found, because of the super jammy stuff found in the shop.

Charge vulcans, 45% dark, 40% hit, 45% normal
Charge arms, 40% hit, 40% normal
Ice vulcans, 50% dark, 50% hit.

And more besides. And people actually dare to say "LMAO" at me in my response to "Whut is tht weap?" They soon shut up when my FOmar does more damage than their HUmar with BKB. I have vulcans, diskas and gladiuses for every area with awesome %+charge ability if I can find them. And this is why FOmar sucky ATA barely matters a jot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

- Shimarisu