PDA

View Full Version : Any advice

TerraStriker
Oct 13, 2003, 06:45 AM
Well I just won a GBBA off of ebay .::pats himself on back::. and i should be playing online sometime soon so is there any advice what to watch out for and how to counter FSOD and FSODX(what is that by the way) And does anyone wanna team up to do some runs?

Cerris
Oct 13, 2003, 07:02 AM
fsod:
FROZEN SCREEN OF DEATH

how to avoid it: play with people u know.
otherwise, cant...

Logical2u
Oct 13, 2003, 07:09 AM
FSOD: Frozen screen of 'death.' It deletes any unequiped items on your character. Mainly happens in crowded lobbies such as Antares 8 or Vega 1.

FSODx: *see above*: ONLY occurs when you get FSOD during a save, such as to games or different ships/blocks/lobbies. It corrupt your character file if you try to remedy it. You are dead.
------

HOW TO AVOID: Play ONLY in UNCrowded areas.
DO NOT play with people with the Multiequip cheat.

Unplug your online cord, then mute the TV. Fsod's have a horrible buzzing sound.
Wait.

Hit reset if your game doesn't end.

If that doesn't work, try soft-reset or opening the disc cover.

If that doesn't work, hit the power button, then go offline single player. get into the game and get right out, letting it save and not corrupt you later.

melte
Oct 13, 2003, 07:17 AM
hey man welcome to PSO (al least online that is) well have fun id like to play with you.

TerraStriker
Oct 13, 2003, 02:20 PM
Thank you thank you I already knew what FSOD was just didnt know what the X was and I think I have 3 people to play with and Ill play with you anytime...Just gotta wait for it to arrive