PDA

View Full Version : Poll: new spell

Kholdstare29
Oct 13, 2003, 01:35 PM
The other day i was playing through caves with my force and ran out of fluids, as i was going back to the city an idea poped into my head. What if there was a spell that used HP to Regain TP, like resta, but the opposite. Yes or No, vote now.

PABLOparavida
Oct 13, 2003, 01:45 PM
that would be wierd. It would be too easy though so i vote no.

Kadou
Oct 13, 2003, 07:27 PM
I have to say it would be wierd, but if it used a lot of HP and healed only 1/4 to 1/2 TP, then at least it wouldn't be too cheap.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 13, 2003, 07:40 PM
If the rate were enough to be useful, then you'd never go to town anymore, except to sell stuff, and certain classes would never buy anything. If the rate weren't enough to be useful, it'd just sit there collecting dust, and be useless.

Though, I will say that there was a technique in Phantasy Star 2 that would be interesting to see in PSO, and might actually comply rather nicely with PSO's teamplay theme (not to mention, it'd be useful in tough boss fights). That technique is known as "Sak". A character using Sak sacrifices their own life to restore the HP/TP of another character. The upgraded version, Nasak (would be Rasak in PSO) sacrificed the user's life to restore the HP/TP of the entire party.

Furthermore, it would've been nice to see other legacy techniques like Gra in PSO. Gra would have been quite useful in the Temple.

HighElf9310
Oct 13, 2003, 09:08 PM
If that was the way it was, then someone would never have to buy fluids again. Probably the TP healing will do a lot of TP, and little HP, so then you just use Resta, giving you back all your health, losing only a little TP. It would have to cost like 500 HP for it to work, and that would have to be like a lvl 5 tech....

Kent
Oct 14, 2003, 08:26 AM
How about Drain and Osmose techniques (like the spells from the Final Fantasy series)? Drain could use TP to suck some HP from an enemy or a group of enemies, and take the total restored about and split it up among party members, healing them, and Osmose could be similar, except stealing TP instead of HP. Of course, there would have to be a limit on this somehow, like you could only steal TP from enemies who use special, technique-like attacks, or it would do a small amount of HP damage to the enemy/ies and restore that much TP to the user (if the enemy has no TP or such attacks).

I think techniques like those would be very useful in PSO.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 14, 2003, 11:15 AM
On 2003-10-14 06:26, Kent wrote:
How about Drain and Osmose techniques (like the spells from the Final Fantasy series)? Drain could use TP to suck some HP from an enemy or a group of enemies, and take the total restored about and split it up among party members, healing them, and Osmose could be similar, except stealing TP instead of HP. Of course, there would have to be a limit on this somehow, like you could only steal TP from enemies who use special, technique-like attacks, or it would do a small amount of HP damage to the enemy/ies and restore that much TP to the user (if the enemy has no TP or such attacks).

We have weapons that do that already...

Kent
Oct 14, 2003, 02:20 PM
You completely missed the point...

M_BlackHawk
Oct 14, 2003, 02:57 PM
On 2003-10-14 06:26, Kent wrote:

That's a real kicker, though. I played Asheron's Call for a year and a half, and it got really cheap once the ever popular "Og" mages, came into prominence. Og mages were mages that specialized in draining spells in life magic, and didn't get their war magic until lvl 27 or so. They were really good at draining from behind walls, where no enemy could get to them, making a melee fighter's life hell, because the og mage would kill everything by wall draining it before the melees could get to it. I fear that if ST put in drain spells, we'd see the resurgance of Og mages in PSO.

BTW: THey're called "Og" mages because of a player on the PK server, Darktide, who first started this revolution in playing mages.

later

M_BlackHawk

Striker07
Oct 14, 2003, 03:55 PM
Its an interesting idea. But if what M_BHawk said is true and were to happen in PSO. Then I vote no.

tank1
Oct 15, 2003, 09:24 AM
it would be good if the exchange from hp to tp was really poor so you had to slap yaself really bad to get a significant amount so that the spell isnt abused and it should have a minimum level of say 85 so noobs cant use it straight away.

tank1
Oct 15, 2003, 09:24 AM
it would be good if the exchange from hp to tp was really poor so you had to slap yaself really bad to get a significant amount so that the spell isnt abused and it should have a minimum level of say 85 so noobs cant use it straight away.

Kent
Oct 15, 2003, 10:26 AM
Well, you don't seem to be complaining about people killing enemies like that with Zonde or Rafoie, and this isn't much different, save for the fact that the amount you drain would heal you...

Hell, they could make it drain an amount of HP equal to 1/10th of their current HP, so that the technique couldn't kill them, that'd work out pretty well (higher levels could steal slightly larger amounts), and then factor in the enemy's resistances...

NodMan
Oct 15, 2003, 01:36 PM
But I also want NAFIO, NAWAT, RIMIT, and HANIS back from the Phantasy Stars 1-4, now those would be awsome on a PSO Force.