PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Nidra

Setunassa
Oct 14, 2003, 12:14 AM
ok, I seem to have a slight problem with my Nidra. I am now in the VH ruins and I have it's stats at

Def 28
Pow 22
Dex 19
Mind 131
IQ 200
SYNC 120

But, ever since I got the mag in H forest it has only cast invincibility around 3 times and has NEVER revived me. I am wondering if anyone would have any ideas about this, or is it that Nidra isn't to dependable for this sort of thing.

Soukosa
Oct 14, 2003, 12:19 AM
Mags won't always cast invulneribilty when they would do it. They also rarely ever revive you (from my experience anyways). I think that constantly feeding the mag helps out with the chances of it doing what it's supposed to do.

Setunassa
Oct 14, 2003, 12:24 AM
that would seem to track along the same lines I was begining to follow. Back when I had Kumara and was feeding him like mad, the good 'ol talking clam always came thru for me.
I have to dissagree with you on the revival issue though, in my friends and my own experiences, high lvl/IQ/SYNC mags revive close to 4/5 times.

Thanks for the tip though, at least it's a lead to follow up on! ^_^

edwinsu
Oct 14, 2003, 02:06 AM
dude your nuts. my nidra has never revived me and i've had it for about 2 months now. i've never had a mag revive me. you guys have to consider what you have on your person. you might misinterpret a scape doll as the mag reviving you.

-edwinsu-

Sunblast
Oct 14, 2003, 05:13 AM
Yeah, I've seen the Scape Doll thing happen way too often. Personally, my Mag only revives me mabye 1/10 deaths, and his Synchro and IQ are maxed! Little punk!

kingmurp
Oct 14, 2003, 05:25 AM
my nidra saved my arse once, and it wasnt a scape either, but mine is always making me invincible that constantly feeding must be it though cuz i'm always dying and need to replenish synchro.

Basara
Oct 14, 2003, 07:15 AM
It was 1 thing that bothered me. My friend had a lvl 200 mag, no special mag and I used it for a while. I started to feed it since I need syncro and IQ, then after some time with feeding this thing evolved and gave my friend a third photon blast. That was very weird since it was lvl 200.

And my first Nidra did wonders, now Im starting to build my third nidra, it gives me quite alot on the photonblast, more than my lvl 200 nidra does. Even that I get even hurt with the two, my newer one builds my PB faster. Weird I say.

L0CKE
Oct 14, 2003, 07:47 AM
I can't remember my Nidra ever reviving me, and isn't that effect only during Boss battles?

Stalfos333
Oct 14, 2003, 08:43 AM
No, it's a pleasant surprise that you should certainly not be relying on. It happens so rarely that it's a gamble, and it's far more responsible to carry a scape doll unless you're playing Multi.

I've not had a problem with invincibility at boss battles, though. Happens 9/10 times at boss battles with my FoNewearl.

As for the mag evolving at 200, mags have the capability of evolving every multiple of 5 levels after 50, when fed. That mag SHOULD have evolved for the first item you fed it, not after a few feedings as you say.

navci
Oct 14, 2003, 11:56 AM
On 2003-10-14 05:15, Basara wrote:
It was 1 thing that bothered me. My friend had a lvl 200 mag, no special mag and I used it for a while. I started to feed it since I need syncro and IQ, then after some time with feeding this thing evolved and gave my friend a third photon blast. That was very weird since it was lvl 200.

A normal mag will keep evolving at multiples of 5, since 200 is one of them. If you have a different person feeding it just for once then you'll have a different mags. Which is the kinda problem I have with my normals. I gave them to other characters after I finish them, but then so often they die and when I need to fix their syncro, it changes into something else. =/

.... My Nidra Stingy has given me invincibility almost all the time. I only recall one occasion that it didn't since I got him. Rare mags tend to be a little more reliable on the boss fights reaction, that I have observed, but as for casting reverser, it is... still unlikely. Don't rely on it. Try to bring a scape whenever you can.

Ketchup345
Oct 14, 2003, 03:51 PM
On 2003-10-14 06:43, Stalfos333 wrote:
No, it's a pleasant surprise that you should certainly not be relying on. It happens so rarely that it's a gamble, and it's far more responsible to carry a scape doll unless you're playing Multi.

I've not had a problem with invincibility at boss battles, though. Happens 9/10 times at boss battles with my FOnewearl.

As for the mag evolving at 200, mags have the capability of evolving every multiple of 5 levels after 50, when fed. That mag SHOULD have evolved for the first item you fed it, not after a few feedings as you say.

I find that rare Mags revive several times more often than non-rares. I can almost rely on them (my Rati) to revive me as they revive about 3/5 times approximately (I never carry Scape Dolls, except to bosses for the firsttime with that character). At max Synch and IQ, they do their specials almost whenever they are supposed to (only about 1/20 I'd say they haven't done what they are supposed to).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-10-14 14:55 ]</font>

SpyroDi
Oct 14, 2003, 04:29 PM
I remember fighting big Olga offline in Ult,and I ran outta Scapes...I thought,'he was almost dead too...' then,I hear a revival sound,and I figured out my good old Chao mag revived me! I finished off Olga with one Grants after I got up,lol.

Setunassa
Oct 14, 2003, 11:14 PM
well, ok, I can understand a mag not reviving every time, or even close to that, but ONCE in a while MIGHT be nice and I'm not even getting that!

I've been playing long enough to realize that I can't depend on my mag for revival, but to me, it feels like Nidra's just chillin' over my shoulder on siesta. I'll get brought to like 7 hp multiple times and do I get invincibilty? no.

I guess my point is that I'd wish for a smidge more Mag intervention every now and then

joluh
Oct 15, 2003, 12:24 AM
the information around the internet is too wrong NIDRA WILL NEVER REVIVE YOU... how do i know!?!? FOnewm lvl100...

Setunassa
Oct 15, 2003, 12:41 AM
well........crap

Zarana
Oct 15, 2003, 12:46 AM
Nidra is incredibly dependable for invulnerability, I used one the entire way to 200. Is your Synchro maxed? Reviving, though... Never. And I mean never. The only Mag I've ever seen revive with any regularity is Deva, and that was probably just luck.

Nai_Calus
Oct 15, 2003, 01:30 AM
Mags are weird. The Rati I have revive quite often(5 deaths in a row once. @_@), whereas the Sato I use has revived me exactly once. Ditto S/D and Invincibility. I realise that a Sato is not a Nidra, but.

Normals are fuunn, yeah. I'm raising a Soma for my FOs, 5/0/35/160. It'll be there soon(I've been really lax on my feeding... Especially since I can only do it with my ORAN HUmar, really... I guess I could use my BLUEFULL HUcaseal now too...), but if death occurs, getting the synch raised again will be a hassle, since i'll have to give it back to my HUmar...(Soma's a B-type Hunter only MIND>DEX>POW evo. Does the same stuff as Sato/Nidra, but it's a dual-shoulder Mag that doesn't look like some dumb cutesy animal)

I hate Kalkis. (And Varunas and Vritras since they have the same feed chart, but.) >_<;

Setunassa
Oct 15, 2003, 01:45 AM
maybe My nidra's just going thru a 'phase'

I'm starting work on bana now too, but I'm wondering if it's worth the effort or should I just stick with Nidra?