PDA

View Full Version : Poll: New ID? Or stay put?

navci
Oct 14, 2003, 03:12 AM
Hm. Hi. I am asking for some advice here.
I have been mentioning in a couple places that I HATE my FOmar. But since he is my first and I just love to hate him I decided I am not going to recreate him, but instead will just make a version 2.. of some sort.

So here is the question. My old STUmar(nickname for my FOmar) is a Pinkal and if I like the new FOmar better then I probably will not play STUmar 1 again. So, should I make a new Pinkal? Or should I make him another ID? My main is a Redria FOnewm, and then I have an ORAN HUcast and a Purplenum RAmarl. So if I abandon STUmar 1 I will have no Pinkal.

People who have high level FOs, do you think Pinkal is a necessaty for FOs? Or is it just a perference? I am undecided if I want to figure out a new name, and new ID. So. If you vote for a new ID, I'd like to know what ID you think would be good for a FOmar.

Thanks all for input!
If I am not making much sense that is because it is late, and I had too much to eat...

rena-ko
Oct 14, 2003, 03:49 AM
a pinkal is nice to have... chance on lvl 30 tech disks, mind mats afaik and some other interesting stuff for forces.

hm... i think you could go for either whitill (good additional hunter ID), skyly (good average ID) or greenill (ranger/yasminkov ID).

i wouldnt overwrite any chara but then again, thats me.. and even if you wont play your pinkal fomar anymore, you should keep it. one day you'll think "hm, there's something what pinkal finds and what i'd like" - and then you dont have to start from lvl.1

and a second memcard is really not that expensive, even an official one (which, i might add, you should always aim at).

so, good luck & have fun

Sillymak
Oct 14, 2003, 06:27 AM
Here's my experience starting out as a FOnewm. I instinctively named my new Force after me, Steve. That resulted in a Whitill SecID. It wasn't so bad playing the younger levels as I had my floormates helping me out with their finds... a Whitill RAcast, a Redria FOnewearl, and an Oran HUmar. It wasn't until around level 60 when I started running into problems. I found that my high dex mag and soul raygun combo weren't so hot in Ultimate. By that time, my Oran friend has started a Pinkal RAmar, so he found lots of Pinkal stuff, like the Storm Wand, Ice Staff, and Fire Scepter. When I got those items, along with making a new Mind mag (Ila), I was able to creep my way towards lvl 120 and beat both ultmate ep1 and ep2 until I was forced to leave on deployment.

I hope that helps any with your search. Friends with Sec ID's help more than changing your own ID in the long run.

neko-chan
Oct 14, 2003, 07:31 AM
I'm very dissatisfied with my Pinkal FOnewearl.

The only good reason to have a Pinkal is that you can easily get the simple tech boosting canes, such as the Club of Laconium, etc...

But once you get one of each, I doubt you'll go looking for other with better percents. And other IDs find the basic spell-boosters Canes and Wands, so no big deal.

As for other weapons, you already have the right IDs for obtaining the best FOrce weapons in the game: Prophets of Mothav, Twinkle Star (Star Amp), Sting Tip, Sigh of a God, Windmill and C-Sorcerer's Cane (Oran), Summit Moon (Magic Rock Moola) and Psycho Wand (Purplenum). Another thing you might consider is getting your hands on a God/Mind unit. Haven't seen any in Pinkal Forest off a Gulgus-Gue, but I heard they're pretty simple to obtain from a Nar Lilly under Purplenum.

As for high level techniques disks, I haven't found so many of them under Pinkal: all my best disks came from my Oran Hunny. I really don't know if Pinkal has a better chance when it comes to find disks, but from my experience Oran is more lucky from this point of view. Just my opinion, tho.

So, my humble tip is get a new ID. Whitill or Yellowboze, just to discover new things. Because your Oran and Purplenum pretty much cover anything you might want for a Force.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-10-14 06:59 ]</font>

Stalfos333
Oct 14, 2003, 08:53 AM
On 2003-10-14 04:27, Sillymak wrote:
...By that time, my Oran friend has started a Pinkal RAmar, so he found lots of Pinkal stuff, like the Storm Wand, Ice Staff, and Fire Scepter. When I got those items, along with making a new Mind mag (Ila)...

Those weapons are common finds for many IDs, and tech disks aren't uncommon anyway. Pinkal really isn't such a hot ID, at least not for the reason people frequently laud it. It's not the definitive FO ID by any means. It's my opinion that most of the Pinkal stuff in ULT isn't worth the effort for any class, but certainly not for FOs.

Nai_Calus
Oct 14, 2003, 09:22 AM
Get a new ID. I had a PINKAL. I recreated him, and I haven't felt the need to make another PINKAL. I already have the sets of 9-star boosty stuff. *shrug* Both PINKAL and PURPLENUM get God/Mind from VHard Nars, so you don't need PINKAL for that.(I've also actually gotten a God/Mind from a REDRIA Gulgus-Gue while I was looking for a God/Battle) As for tech disks, you don't need PINKAL for that... My ORAN HUmar and now my REDRIA FOmar find them just fine(ORAN HUmar's gotten such niceties as L26 Rabarta, L29 Gizonde, L22 Grants, L24 Shifta, L26 Deband, Foie and Barta 28, Zonde 27, FOmar's gotten Gifoie L28 and Zonde 28 and the like). So... Yeah. Other IDs find nice FO stuff just as well, and often easier, than PINKAL. Not that it sucks. It's just... Eh, it's there.

Soukosa
Oct 14, 2003, 11:26 AM
Pinkal's greatly overrated for a FO ID, mainly due to some misconceptions about it. I have studied the drop rates of the various normal items for each ID and Pinkal does NOT find tech disks more frequently than any other ID. Also, all IDs have the same chance of finding each type of material. Only use Pinkal for the rares it find, but it is not the only FO friendly ID. I feel that Bluefull, Purplenum, and Oran also work well for FOs since they also find decent FO rares.

Zarana
Oct 14, 2003, 01:43 PM
Delete your Pinkal, there's no reason to have him when you've already got a Redria, Purplenum and Oran. Use your Purplenum for the might-as-well-be-exclusive Psycho Wand, Redria for the essential God/Technique and Oran for the random assorted Force items and some extremely easy armor. The only reason you'll want a Pinkal is for an Evil Curst, which ranks among the worst weapons in the game.

I suggest you pick Whitill or Yellowboze as your last ID, something team-friendly when you play online. People who make Pinkal teams are sadistic individuals who like to torture their comrades.

navci
Oct 14, 2003, 01:51 PM
... I actually liked the Evil Curst. Borrowed one from others and played with it. =} It was fun and cool looking (as with most FO weapons).

In any case.
I am thinking Whitill now. Just because I have kinda wanted a Whitill for a while... for some unknown reason. Now I just need to figure out a good unpronounciable name. ... Pity, I did rather like the name "R'aan". And interestingly, "R'aan v2" is still Pinkal. Hehe

P.S. Ratis are Ratis now!

Sillymak
Oct 16, 2003, 12:22 AM
So I remember reading somewhere that Pinkal was supposed to get better disks earlier than other IDs. I don't really agree with that statement. As a Whitill FO, I found plenty of high lvl techs, and quite a few lvl 30's. About keeping the Pinkal ID, I was suggesting that because as a FO, your main concern is mostly tech disks and items that can enhance the damage that you do with your spells, most of this falls under any ID really. I was only suggesting that he/she keep the ID because starting over would just mean a longer wait to get the good stuff, mostly from ultimate.