PDA

View Full Version : Gallon's Treachery and TTF

LollipopLolita
Oct 14, 2003, 03:27 AM
They are now up and active.

Can anyone confirm this: You can trade candy for a flower boquet. you need candy with the your teammate's id number on it. The candy you got from playing the principal's gift white day quest. so the person playing the quest with you needs to be the same person you played the white day quest with and got the candy from. can anyone help me and try this?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=773

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-10-14 01:46 ]</font>

rena-ko
Oct 14, 2003, 03:54 AM
how mean... i should have gotten more candy back then...

LollipopLolita
Oct 14, 2003, 03:55 AM
and so far s-rank ult 5 star atomizers.

how about all your ranks?

-STE-
Oct 14, 2003, 03:57 AM
I ate all candy months ago : DD

LollipopLolita
Oct 14, 2003, 03:58 AM
ahahaaa your fault! now all you have are cavities!

rena-ko
Oct 14, 2003, 04:04 AM
On 2003-10-14 01:55, LollipopLolita wrote:
and so far s-rank ult 5 star atomizers.

how about all your ranks?

ack... so this quest is actually not giving anything besides this?
(i knew it...)

hm... lets see... i did that candy-quest once. i own 1 candy. i never traded it away, it is the candy i got from the quest. but it has that other player's ID on it? and i need to do the quest with that other player?

and we're speaking of TTF... all bosses on ult... online... (-> will be pretty tough) and this quest has to be done with 2 players? with that one player from the candy-quest? or are a third and fourth allowed?...

-DangerousDj-
Oct 14, 2003, 04:05 AM
197 kills 2 deaths 37 mins = s rank.
I got 5 stars aswell.

You can do it alone(If u think u can beat fallz alone). I was trying min kills but the stupid barnaz killed each other, just like they allwyas did on dc. grr

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -DangerousDj- on 2003-10-14 02:07 ]</font>

Zarana
Oct 14, 2003, 04:13 AM
Apparently it's a Purple Ring no matter what you do. I didn't think Sonic Team could find a way to cheapen Towards the Future, but there we go. *sigh*

Oh well, time to find the Holy Ray easily. That's about all the use it has now. =/

LollipopLolita
Oct 14, 2003, 04:17 AM
ttf you can do alone. or with 3 people or 2 or 4, it's up to you.

and the ss prize for this is purple ring. one purple ring per character, if you already have it, it'll give you 10 star atomizers.

so far we know s rank on ult gives you 5 star atomizers.

about the candy, i think if you play this quest with the person you got the candy with, and have the candy along with you, speak to a woman there and she says something about proving your precious bond and she will trade the candy for a flower boquet. i'm not sure if you need to do something to initiate this trade.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1325

i know the love test subquest is still there, so is the dragon and you can convert the branch of paku paku to the striker of chao

oh ok, i'm going to need all you guy's help with compiling data and finishing the guides for both quests. i got corrupted once again, so i'm going to be taking a break.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-10-14 02:32 ]</font>

-STE-
Oct 14, 2003, 04:32 AM
Striker of chao umm strange you can do it in normal game with use command.

VulpesMundi
Oct 14, 2003, 04:34 AM
On 2003-10-14 02:13, Zarana wrote:
Apparently it's a Purple Ring no matter what you do. I didn't think Sonic Team could find a way to cheapen Towards the Future, but there we go. *sigh*

Unfortunately, yes. It seems to work in any difficulty, too, as far as I can tell. I can confirm that it works in Very Hard, at least. I went thru V-H solo doing the minimal kill SS rank and received a Purple Ring for my efforts.

Edit: About the Purple Ring. Except for its purplish appearance, it is identical to the White Ring. Same DFP, EVP, resistances, and bonus by being around other characters wearing the same type of ring. Unfortunately, the ring bonuses only work with the same color - varying colors do not get the bonus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-10-14 02:51 ]</font>

Zarana
Oct 14, 2003, 04:38 AM
I've done both ways already on Ultimate and V-Hard, even with the Ring equipped, and it's just a bunch of useless Star Atomizers after that. Ten whole Star Atomizers. ... And after all the effort I put into stopping the Baranz from killing themselves, what a reward...

Oh well, I guess I could get lots of experience out of it if I still cared about leveling. But geez, what a heartless, cruel, sick, twisted, evil thing for Sonic Team to do to a classic quest.

LollipopLolita
Oct 14, 2003, 05:17 AM
ring stats: Defense: 47
Evasion: 130
Required level: 81

tentative ttf monster counts (run included running into secret rooms):

forest 2
booma 11
gobooma 5
gigobooma 7
barbarous wolf 3
rag rappy 1
hildebear 4
dragon 1

caves 2
evil shark 12
pal shark 3
guil shark 10
poison lily 13
pan arms 4
blue slime 5
nano dragon 5
de rol le 1

mines 2
gilchic 18
dubchic 1
dubwich 1
garanz 1
sinow beat 16
sinow gold 2
canadine 16
vol opt 1

ruins 3
dimenian 21
so dimenian 4
chaos sorcerer 2
dark bringer 4
claw 14
dark belra 4

if any of you are doing monster counts and some of mine are off, let me know, i only did a couple runs before the mem card got zapped so i couldn't finalize counts.

VulpesMundi
Oct 14, 2003, 05:18 AM
On 2003-10-14 02:38, Zarana wrote:
Oh well, I guess I could get lots of experience out of it if I still cared about leveling. But geez, what a heartless, cruel, sick, twisted, evil thing for Sonic Team to do to a classic quest.

I have to agree with that. But it's not like it wasn't expected considering all the previous alterations they've made to old quests. There's so much missing all across the board, it's kind of sad. And for me, I remember this quest being a lot more fun back on the DC. I was all psyched up waiting for it, and now that it's finally back I feel a bit jaded... *Sigh.*

For those who are new to TTF, there's two ways to achieve an SS rank. Both require that you finish the quest in under an hour and without any team members dying even once.

Method 1: Maximum Kill...
As the title would suggest, you have to kill every enemy that appears throughout the quest. There are a few multi-wave rooms and even some enemies that literally take a minute or two to spawn in, so you have to bide your time and wait for them if you want to achieve an SS rank in this manner. Unfortunately, I can't remember how many enemies there are total. However, splitting slimes and Pan Arms does not increase kills. You only get a kill-point for the original slime and Pan Arm.

Method 2: Minimum Kill...
As the title would suggest, you're only killing the enemies required to open the doors and activate the teleporters. Basically it comes down to just one enemy per room that tends to be different than the rest. Following is a list of the enemies to look for.

Forest...
1. Hildebear (can't miss him)
2. Booma (enter the room and wait by the door until a lone Booma pops up - it'll take about thirty seconds)
3. Head for the teleporter to fight the Dragon

Cave...
1. Evil Shark (go directly north from the entrance into a secret room - entering this room will activate your target)
2. Poison Lily (it's behind a wall of sharks)
3 & 4. Poison Lily (it's in the middle of some sharks) & Evil Shark (this shark is in the same room and takes about a minute to appear after you kill the lily)
5. Head for the teleporter to fight De Rol Le

Mine...
1. Sinow Gold (it'll be hanging from the doorway to the next room)
2. Canadine (it's the one on the far left-hand side - it'll be the only one to use the laser-tracking Zonde)
3. Sinow Gold (run straight through the room into a secret room - entering this room will activate your target)
4. Dubwitch (you'll have to thrash the lone Dubchic so that the Dubwitch will appear, otherwise it's buried in a wall)
5. Head for the teleporter to fight Vol Opt

Ruins...
1. Chaos Bringer (can't miss him)
2. Chaos Sorceror (it's easier to attack him by warping up onto the platform - you need to warp up there to activate another enemy anyway)
3. Dimenian (this one is activated by warping onto the platform in the previous room)
4. Head for the teleporter to fight Dark Falz

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-10-14 03:29 ]</font>

Castoth
Oct 14, 2003, 05:26 AM
How fast can the quest be completed? Too tired to play through it right now to check but guessing minimum still is around 20 minutes.

LollipopLolita
Oct 14, 2003, 05:36 AM
minimum of 20 mins yea.

On 2003-10-14 02:32, -STE- wrote:
Striker of chao umm strange you can do it in normal game with use command.

maybe because you want to change your striker back to paku paku and chao? or you want different %? that worked on the dc

someone do me a favor and confirm that the same steps for the 3 miniquests still applies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-10-14 03:37 ]</font>

Castoth
Oct 14, 2003, 05:42 AM
Possibly around 400,000 experience an hour then at that rate, at least. Nice.

*needs to start playing that continually once he gets out of class later today*

Eviltar
Oct 14, 2003, 06:32 AM
The guide says you can get a luck material! How do you get a luck material?! Now that's a good prize!

I suppose this will be useful to me when this quest comes to the Xbox in 6+ months. >_<

Malkavian
Oct 14, 2003, 09:22 AM
Luck material is from love test.

I think this quest is way better than in DC.
It gives 2 times the experience it gave in DC and we can use star atomizers because we get them back for free. And is a lot easier too... well no... considering I used srank needle for this quest.

And really I wasn't hopingmore prizes. In DC TTF was like a patch quest. When they cancelled the GC connection they had to put all the GC exclusive weapons in quests. And they preferred to put many in a quest than make many quests with less prizes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2003-10-14 07:35 ]</font>

BonusKun
Oct 14, 2003, 12:24 PM
Did this for quite a few hours now.
Friend of mine in japan Mentioned Blue ring from the least amount of kills quests but i found out that was bogus really fast.

All in all Purple Ring is the only worthwhile find.

btw I also finished the Gallon's Trechery Quest fast enough and got the 'hidden' Rankina Stone *Spelling*.

It mentions 'Someone in my quests is looking for it'..

Time to go questing again even tho i recall it was a usable item off that Rappy Holiday Quest from Version 2 to get a Legit Heart of Poumn.

I wonder what you'll get this time?

Also I should note that this quest just like Dreamcast Version 2 can be done with 2 or 4 people on any diffculty and you can receive the Rankina Stone as long as you don't screw up that last section into Ruins.

Meaning you can fail all the other parts of this Quest but if you get caught by the 'Ghost' chasing you in the last section after you get the 'Shiva' Stone then you pretty much blew it.

~S N K

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-10-14 10:33 ]</font>

Nambrosia
Oct 14, 2003, 02:15 PM
Couple things I want to point out about Garon's Treachery, in case anyone doesn't know

If you're the team leader, Garon will also give you a Jukebox (which goes into your Quest Board) so you can change the music.

BGM 1 = Sonic Adventure music
BGM 2 = NiGHTS music
BGM 3 = Burning Rangers music (like in Labyrinthine Trial)
BGM 4 = Chu Chu Rocket music

And a tip for the later parts of Garon's,...

And when you get to Ruins 2,
you may notice every once in a while purplish ghosts circle around you, activate some dialouge, and push you back. There is a way to stop them from putting you back to the last 'checkpoint' you passed:
When you see them in the room,
DO NOT MOVE. Do not walk, do not run, do not cast techs, nothing. Eventually they will dissapear again, and won't be back right away. Strike then.

This is annoying as one room they appear in contains a Chaos Bringer on N~VH, and a Dark Bringer on Ult x_x.

And PLEASE tell me I just need to bring the candy... I got Candy when the quest came out, and I still have it.. but if I have to do it with the same person I got the Candy with.. is it a problem that I haven't seen the guy in 5 months?

Para
Oct 14, 2003, 02:42 PM
fyi u can play as sil dragon in TTF http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

sorry im slow at makin that guide for ttf...

Mystic_Jon
Oct 14, 2003, 03:59 PM
yay, i got a purple ring! (dont look at me like that)

anyway, i got it from vhard, time 22 mins, no deaths. was a team of 2 doing max kills

also on normal, the max rank is "a" doing max kills

Tekershee
Oct 14, 2003, 04:19 PM
Memory card zapped!?

Sou1eater
Oct 14, 2003, 05:59 PM
I was just doing a run with some friends and they died :| But i went to rescue them and i was reweard with fragment of friend ship. It was in the quest window so, i wasn't sure what to do with it. Has anyone else recived one and figured out what to do with it?

VulpesMundi
Oct 14, 2003, 07:41 PM
The Fragment of Friendship is a quest item that will later be used when Rappy's Holiday comes out. It simply allows you to access Forest 2 during that quest. The Fragment of Friendship can also be earned during Rappy's Holiday by completing the rappy tag (rappy hide-and-seek, so to speak) mini-game.

VulpesMundi
Oct 14, 2003, 08:28 PM
Players around during the DC/PC availability of Garon's Treachery will remember a memorable NPC soldier who had some choice words to say if you talked to him. Unfortunately, ST has changed what he says in E1&2. Granted what he says now seems more fitting, what he used to say was much more entertaining. More unnecessary changes to ruin our fun. Thanks, ST. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/treachery_soldier_1.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/treachery_soldier_2.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/treachery_soldier_3.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/treachery_soldier_4.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/treachery_soldier_5.jpg

*Sigh.*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-10-14 18:32 ]</font>

bordering
Oct 14, 2003, 10:12 PM
does anyone know if you can get unlimited luck mats from the love test minigame? or is there a limit of one per char? as a legit player that runs several chars it would REALLY make my pso day if you could get unlimited luck mats just by running through this quest and scoring high on the love meter thingy.

Jack
Oct 15, 2003, 02:33 AM
I was about to ask about the foul mouthed guard, heh.

trypticon
Oct 15, 2003, 10:06 AM
This SUCKS! I wanted to get the flower bouquet, but everyone I know that played the white's day quest, myself included, has had that character corrupted! Oh sure, I have the backed up candy, but it's about worthless now. Jeeze, what a rip off.

Malkavian
Oct 15, 2003, 11:06 AM
Yeah... is sad they censored that Pioneer 2 soldier. It could be cause the age ratings are tougher now. Like in Skies of Arcadia legends.
But heck is only a NPC in a quest..

heyf00L
Oct 15, 2003, 12:58 PM
I think they might have altered some of the drop rates for enemies. Like I was trying to scheme a p arms arms from Yellowboze Hard mode and only 1 of the 4 pan arms in TTF dropped an item. They're supposed to be a 90% drop rate.

ilr2000
Oct 15, 2003, 02:00 PM
I always thought the wise words from the soldier npc was some PSO tech guy blowing off some steam against the hackers on the DC. Heck, if I worked for Sega and it was my job to take care of PSO while not being allowed to fix things I'd get pissed off too.

Nambrosia
Oct 15, 2003, 02:15 PM
Don't know if anyone already pointed this out but...
know that when two White Rings get close, there's a feather effect? With Purple Rings.. it's a heart effect (Like LOVE HEART or MAGICAL PIECE).

Dhylec
Oct 15, 2003, 02:50 PM
On 2003-10-15 10:58, heyf00L wrote:
I think they might have altered some of the drop rates for enemies. Like I was trying to scheme a p arms arms from Yellowboze Hard mode and only 1 of the 4 pan arms in TTF dropped an item. They're supposed to be a 90% drop rate.

hm, maybe u are right.. from the 4 vh runs i've seen 2 s-beat arms.. lot more than i expected http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VulpesMundi
Oct 15, 2003, 02:52 PM
On 2003-10-15 12:15, Nambrosia wrote:
Don't know if anyone already pointed this out but...
know that when two White Rings get close, there's a feather effect? With Purple Rings.. it's a heart effect (Like LOVE HEART or MAGICAL PIECE).

Yup yup.

It also should be pointed out that when multiple characters wear a Purple Ring there's a 50 DFP bonus for each extra Purple Ring. For 2 rings it's a 50 DFP bonus, for 3 rings it's a 100 DFP bonus, and for 4 rings it's a 150 DFP bonus. With that 150 DFP bonus the Purple Ring was actually 22 DFP stronger than my Standstill Shield. And this was without Deband. However, considering the lack of EVP and resistances, I would say the small amount of extra DFP isn't really worth it. Especially when you consider that each character has to stand right next to each other and all four have to be wearing a Purple Ring.

ilr2000
Oct 15, 2003, 03:00 PM
On 2003-10-15 12:52, VulpesMundi wrote:

Yup yup.

It also should be pointed out that when multiple characters wear a Purple Ring there's a 50 DFP bonus for each extra Purple Ring. For 2 rings it's a 50 DFP bonus, for 3 rings it's a 100 DFP bonus, and for 4 rings it's a 150 DFP bonus. With that 150 DFP bonus the Purple Ring was actually 22 DFP stronger than my Standstill Shield. And this was without Deband. However, considering the lack of EVP and resistances, I would say the small amount of extra DFP isn't really worth it. Especially when you consider that each character has to stand right next to each other and all four have to be wearing a Purple Ring.

Is the white ring like this as well?

VulpesMundi
Oct 15, 2003, 05:53 PM
On 2003-10-15 13:00, ilr2000 wrote:
Is the white ring like this as well?

Yeah. The White Ring acts the same, except it gives a bonus to EVP instead of DFP. I forget how much per extra ring, though.

goldbrease
Oct 16, 2003, 10:13 AM
someone told me the red ring is out as well. you get it from brank cmode.
im not completely shure but thats just wht i heard.

uh whats this stone you got from gallons treachery?

SungKwon
Oct 16, 2003, 10:49 AM
TTF - 197 kills 0 deaths 27 minutes - Ultimate - SS Rank - Purple Ring!!!

Gallon's Treachery, I encountered a glitch. One room in the ruins after you open the sealed door and go down, prevents you from targetting enemies. There is another that lets enemies attack without being next to you (cut the air, you take damage) both happened to me at once and I died, everyone got pissed, and I didn't beat it, not yet...

From Gallon's Treachery I think its the Shiva Stone, that legendary thing he talks about. But I'm not sure...

LollipopLolita
Oct 16, 2003, 12:32 PM
goldbrease, try reading the guide huh?

Dhylec
Oct 17, 2003, 01:43 AM
wow how quickly this new topic got buried.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
anyway, i just got my purple ring w/min kill in in vh today.. darn the snapshot didnt work

a fun little thing for those who got ss w/min kill:
after getting your ring, u can go back & kill every single monster u left behind http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
i work from ruin3 [from a pipe] back to forest2 & get my 197 kills for exp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
this time u can go no limit no restrain style http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

rena-ko
Oct 20, 2003, 05:17 AM
got purple ring yesterday - had to try on vhard, hehe ^-^ but it was fun.
its a real nice effect, but it will be buried in my chara's bank soon...

for the flower for candy thing... something doesnt work. do both have to have candy with the ID of the partner? i mean, i'm sure of it, but my friend did the quest more than once and might have a different piece of candy.
since it's the ID it should work with any of one's chara i guess. but even my candy is not tradeable... strange...

goldbrease
Oct 21, 2003, 09:15 AM
ok one last question what does the ranika or whaever stone it is do exactly?

Coxy
Oct 21, 2003, 09:55 AM
On 2003-10-21 07:15, goldbrease wrote:
ok one last question what does the ranika or whaever stone it is do exactly?

jeez, you were told to read the guide, do, look at the guide, your question will be answered there

goldbrease
Oct 21, 2003, 09:11 PM
um it says you get the shiva stone to give to gallon it says nothing what you do with the ranika or whatever stone!!!!!!!!!!! you look at it!!!!!! whats the stone for?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

LollipopLolita
Oct 21, 2003, 09:23 PM
maybe it's because THERE ISN'T ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE STONE YET!

goldbrease
Oct 22, 2003, 09:20 AM
then you could have put on the guide no use for stone.
then on the hallow guide unknown how or what lemon cake is for.
ive found many a gaps and flaws in the guides. thoe there still very help full i still find many gaps that leave questions.

Soukosa
Oct 22, 2003, 10:56 AM
On 2003-10-22 07:20, goldbrease wrote:
then on the hallow guide unknown how or what lemon cake is for.

It's just another cake type to feed the Rappy to save you some time from having to trade.

LollipopLolita
Oct 22, 2003, 11:42 AM
it is there...

and besides, ever tried using forum search?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-10-22 09:42 ]</font>

SungKwon
Dec 7, 2003, 08:14 PM
Have you guys figured out how to get a Striker of Chao with a Branch of Paku Paku without the Chao MAG?Cuz I have, I want to see if its widespread yet >.>