PDA

View Full Version : xbox differences

TheSlayer
Oct 14, 2003, 03:44 AM
Hi, I've been playing PSO since the DC original. I then went to GC and now have defected to xbox because the voice chat makes a world of difference.
I don't like the fact that servers are locked to a region and that the quests aren't up to date compared to GC but I have a few questions regarding the xbox version.
Firstly, I noticed that the autumn lobbys are up in GC but not xbox. I have also heard that the seasonal rappys aren't in the xbox version, so no hallo rappys and consequently mag cells (Can anyone confirm this).I'm now wondering if the xbox version is a straight port of the PC version and hence not as up to date in terms of internal content as the GC version.If it is, then why are lobbys not changing ?
I understand that the quests can be added later, but why so long ? We pay the same hunters fee licence as the GC players, so surely we should be getting everything they get ? Does anyone know if this is just teething problems and it catch up soon or are we xbox players always going to be lagging way behind and miss out on everything ?

L0CKE
Oct 14, 2003, 03:52 AM
I am by far not the expert on this, but the Xbox version will be behind the GC in everything. Microsoft likes(demands) to authenticate everything on a XBL server(which is why EA won't touch XBL). I think that the xbox will generally get what the GC gets, but we will be a little behind.

ABDUR101
Oct 14, 2003, 04:01 AM
Holiday rappies, items, lobbies, etc. are already coded into the game. It's up to the owners of the servers to initiate them so they become available. And since Microsoft is in control of the servers for PSO-X I beleive, it's in their hands to get the stuff started.

And PSO-X is still Episode 1 & 2, PSO PC is just Version 2, and the only console that was released on was the DC, so no, it's not an exact port of PSO PC to the X-box. =)

TheSlayer
Oct 14, 2003, 04:05 AM
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I think, probably along with everyone else, that someone should do all they can to keep the versions in line. I feel short changed paying the same license fee but having people at the other end not being ar$ed to implement the new content or seasonal changes.Did the easter lobbies and rappies ever get implemented on the xbox (Sorry, I wasn't on xbox then)?

VulpesMundi
Oct 14, 2003, 05:35 AM
There seems to be a frequent amount of complaining about how the XB version of E1&2 is behind the GC version in content. What people fail to realize is that the XB version came out about half a year after the GC version, so obviously it's going to be a bit behind in online content. The quests and whatnot will come, just give it time. Everyone else had to as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TheSlayer
Oct 14, 2003, 06:06 AM
I understand what you're saying in terms of additional content, but sega/microsoft are not helping themselves by not turning the visual things like the lobbys on. I realise this is nothing in the scheme of things, but as we're paying them monthly there isn't an excuse for things like that.

AndyPandy
Oct 14, 2003, 06:40 AM
Lazyness, in regards to the lobbys. Quests....thats to do with the fact that the GC version has been out a lot longer.

L0CKE
Oct 14, 2003, 07:46 AM
I don't think the Easter lobbies were up, I don't remember them. The only special thing I remember is Sonic's birthday changes on Pioneer II. (And the music change in the lobby)

TheSlayer
Oct 14, 2003, 09:17 AM
In the item guides it mentions that the mag cells aren't in the xbox version.Is this just because it wasn't available last halloween but will come out this year, or are they not in the xbox version at all ?

rena-ko
Oct 14, 2003, 09:27 AM
a little bit common sense and its obvious that the fact why all mag cells on xbox are hacked is that the xbox version wasnt released yet when you could hunt said cells down legally.

so yes, there will be halo rappies on both systems as there were egg rappies on both as well, right?

Malkavian
Oct 14, 2003, 12:11 PM
One point is that the delay of PSO-X wasn't because the game needed to be finished. Microsoft pushed-nack the release date for the game to fit their releases calendar or any other reason of them.

And the region lock makes it worse. Each version of the game has its own update calendar. In GC for example PAL version came out in March but we got same stuff than japanese players that got the game in September.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2003-10-14 10:12 ]</font>

Denny
Oct 14, 2003, 04:30 PM
Hacked = Item that has been modified from its original state.*

The mag cells on the Xbox version are not hacked. They were released early by the individuals who downloaded a trainer (or whatever it's called) and got the items from the game's data. Once released, they copied them. It's a shame that Microsoft and Sonic Team didn't take care of the shop glitch earlier, but...at least they did fix it.

It's too bad Sonic Team can't fix the exploits in the GC version of PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-10-14 14:31 ]</font>

primer567
Oct 14, 2003, 05:57 PM
M$ knows if the slowly give out quests it will keep people playing. GC version had to wait so why shouldn't Xbox?

Kent
Oct 14, 2003, 07:46 PM
On 2003-10-14 14:30, Denny wrote:
Hacked = Item that has been modified from its original state.*

The mag cells on the Xbox version are not hacked. They were released early by the individuals who downloaded a trainer (or whatever it's called) and got the items from the game's data. Once released, they copied them. It's a shame that Microsoft and Sonic Team didn't take care of the shop glitch earlier, but...at least they did fix it.

It's too bad Sonic Team can't fix the exploits in the GC version of PSO.

Also, a more likely way, is that they created the MAG Cells from items by modifying their coding, much like how you could use the GameShark in V1 to change any item to any other item just by putting in a code...