PDA

View Full Version : Multiple characters

FOZZZMK3
Oct 14, 2003, 10:33 AM
I have 2 very good characters on 1 memory card and 2 gamecubes. Would it be possible to go online as one of the characters, then remove the card and place it in the other gamecube, and start up as another character on the other gamecube. I don't want to have to start again...

zimmk2vgc
Oct 18, 2003, 04:51 PM
What the hell are you trying to do first? If your trying to copy data, IT WONT WORK. There is no legitimate way to back up data. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

Ethan
Oct 20, 2003, 11:08 AM
my friend came close...

but his cards are unofficial, and i trust him as much as i trust hitler with a time machine (not much)

Hikara
Oct 30, 2003, 02:38 PM
There is a way to back up data, but it requires Action Replay for the Game Cube. The only cheat they have (due to Sega's anti-cheat laws) is save to another memory card. But, AR for GCN is $40, so if you're desperate...

trunkszero
Nov 3, 2003, 01:14 AM
can you copy the data with the gc, AR?

Ghost007
Nov 3, 2003, 10:06 PM
welldont b so sure, they do have USB memory cards, im hopingh that it will work cuz im gonna transfer it and leave it and upload it on my computer, then redownload it as a regular character on the card

VioletSkye
Nov 3, 2003, 10:33 PM
On 2003-10-30 11:38, Hikara wrote:
There is a way to back up data, but it requires Action Replay for the Game Cube. The only cheat they have (due to Sega's anti-cheat laws) is save to another memory card. But, AR for GCN is $40, so if you're desperate...

No you can't. There is no code that will allow you to save to another card on the GC. There is a code for the DC that allows that, but not GC. You can use a USB card or the GCS utility to back up chars. Only GCS will allow you to transfer a save file to another card.

trunkszero
Nov 3, 2003, 10:58 PM
where can i download GCS

VioletSkye
Nov 3, 2003, 11:56 PM
On 2003-11-03 19:58, trunkszero wrote:
where can i download GCS

http://www.gcdev.com/index.shtml

polishedweasel
Nov 4, 2003, 01:54 AM
Um, you can load the character onto two seperate gamecubes...my friends used to do it...but I'm not sure how it affects the saves. but if you want to...go for it.