PDA

View Full Version : Its about time

Valleo
Oct 14, 2003, 04:54 PM
How many times have you played a game and wished it had some little customisations or tweaks in it? Weve seen the "What improvements would you make to PSO" topics here. Well heres an idea that been a long time coming.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventure/grandtheftauto3/news_6076758.html

I dont like the GTA series, and my X box has been gathering dust as of late, but this is a phenominal idea. I remember wishing I could do this in Gran Tourismo for those ungodly long races. Its little things like this that make a great game even more replayable (and the annoying parts less annoying). Sure, you could always muts the game if the music is annoying you, or turn on the radio, but then you miss the in game sounds, and they can occasionally be important.

Anyways, all I need now is better season customisation and character creation screens in EA sports games, and then we'll talk about further customising PSO........

Loser
Oct 14, 2003, 07:18 PM
Hey that's pretty cool , hmm I might look into that.

Belqvar
Oct 14, 2003, 08:07 PM
oooooo i like that idea! Cheers to the person who first thought of it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Spider
Oct 14, 2003, 08:55 PM
With not enjoying the music of a game, well most games have a music volume and a SFX volume, I always have music off and SFX way up, then have the stereo busting out the music I want to hear, I spend more money on CDs then games, so it would just be a waste of CDs not listening to em.

Kent
Oct 14, 2003, 10:45 PM
Why must they taint the Xbox with another piece of crap like this? First there was Wreckless, now this...

Xenocraze
Oct 14, 2003, 11:19 PM
Eh.. I wouldn't personally pay another $50 for the same game with just that feature alone installed. If you want music there're other better ways of getting it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rena-ko
Oct 15, 2003, 04:38 AM
well, it has severl graphical shape ups... and is aimed at those who are x-box fanboys and dont own a ps2 as well i guess... or freaks who need graphic over everything...

i dont say that GTA is a bad game, it surely is entertaining and stuff like that... but i personally dont like the setup and theme... (though the fact that i neighter own a PS2 (yet) nor an x-box any further thought about said game is useless for me)

ABDUR101
Oct 15, 2003, 05:03 AM
Whats that? I can shoot pedestrians, smash into other vehicles, fling a driver out the passenger side door and run from the cops while listening to BowWowWow?!

...oh..wait...my entertainment setup has my TV positioned to my very left as I type this...damn. >_<

ok, back to being serious. It's nifty that they're bringing both games to the X-box, expecially with the little bit of extra graphics they give it, and the soundtrack feature. More crap means more options I guess?

Valleo
Oct 15, 2003, 11:15 AM
Dont misunderstand. I wont be getting this or any other GTA games. What I liked was the optional soundtrack option. I too like some game soundtracks (FF, Suikoden ect) but as I said, I was thinking more along the lines of games like Gran Tourismo 2, where you were stuck listening to the same bloody song for an hour on a loop in those millions of laps races.

Its just a nifty little addition, which while it doesnt make it worth buying a rehashed game, would be a nice option to games in general.

ginko990
Oct 15, 2003, 05:15 PM
Hmmmm, I might actually consider buying this. And I don't often buy video games anymore.