PDA

View Full Version : Any corruptions out there?

-Saygram-
Oct 14, 2003, 05:01 PM
I have been away from Ragol for a LONG time (stupid school...), and I was wondering if the FSOD-X/Corruption/Double Save/whatever thing still makes going online a risk. I feel like taking my 185 RAcast out for a nostalgic spin around them lobbies and join some games, but if the risk of corruption is still there...I'll just use my more expendable characters. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bit
Oct 14, 2003, 05:11 PM
Aye, sadly, Corruption is still a problem.

PABLOparavida
Oct 14, 2003, 05:25 PM
its not that bad though. FSOD is nothing just open the disk cover pull out your memory card and shut the system off. BTW this worked on the GC.

Servbot41
Oct 14, 2003, 05:34 PM
OH OH Does it work for FSODX? I dont really know about any of this stuff since im still waiting to go online (moving in). I dont know how it happens but what it does. and whats BSOD or something like that? Could you just list everything that could go wrong online?

Bit
Oct 14, 2003, 05:36 PM
well, there is the FSOD, Frozen Screen of Death. This is probably the more common of them all. There is FSODX, or Corruption. Nasty =

BSOD is Black Screen of Death, not too fun.

You could also meet Guntz online. Thats pretty scary.

Servbot41
Oct 14, 2003, 05:52 PM
lol I dont know who guntz is...but anyway WHAT happens when you get a BSOD or anything like that?

Ketchup345
Oct 14, 2003, 05:59 PM
On 2003-10-14 15:52, Servbot41 wrote:
lol I dont know who guntz is...but anyway WHAT happens when you get a BSOD or anything like that?

Guntz is the other Spud mod (how much longer?).
Edit: He is the one with the http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/coke.gif sig.

BSOD/FSOD I heard both erase all items on your character that aren't equipped or in the bank (goodbye Dimates). BSOD gives you an annoying black screen that you have to look at for hours. FSOD just freezes the game at whatever is on your screen (I think).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-10-14 16:00 ]</font>

Servbot41
Oct 14, 2003, 06:13 PM
MMhhhmmm...so isnt there a way to decrease your chances or anything? and does that trick up there work for any SOD? at the top about pulling out the disk etc.

Ketchup345
Oct 14, 2003, 07:27 PM
On 2003-10-14 16:13, Servbot41 wrote:
MMhhhmmm...so isnt there a way to decrease your chances or anything? and does that trick up there work for any SOD? at the top about pulling out the disk etc.

Of what I heard here, use Broadband instead of Dial-Up to help prevent *SOD.

Check some of the threads in this forum (http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=3&7343) for more details.

Servbot41
Oct 14, 2003, 07:37 PM
Hm...whats the difference between broadband and dial up? I know I dont have dial up, but I dont think I have broadband. I have DSL from Knology...

ginko990
Oct 14, 2003, 10:00 PM
On 2003-10-14 15:36, Bit wrote:

You could also meet Guntz online. Thats pretty scary.

And personally I'd rather be dead.

He also NOLs people, he has fun bringing misfortune to others.....kind of like when my husband died AND I DIDN'T GET SO MUCH AS A PHONE CALL. But I'm not mad.

VioletSkye
Oct 14, 2003, 10:53 PM
On 2003-10-14 17:37, Servbot41 wrote:
Hm...whats the difference between broadband and dial up? I know I dont have dial up, but I dont think I have broadband. I have DSL from Knology...

LOL DSL is broadband http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I don't know why so many DSL users don't know that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-10-14 20:54 ]</font>

YujiNaka
Oct 15, 2003, 06:38 AM
When you get FSOD/BSOD you just loose unequiped items, dont need to pull off MC or something like that. This doesnt matter.
But when you get FSOD-X (Freeze screen while saving) your file will be destroyed. Sometimes it destroys only the Guild Card file, but most of the time it destroys the data file.
I got 2 FSOD-X in the past 6 months. Lost 8 characters and 2000hours playtime on GC.

Perfection_of_Mark
Oct 15, 2003, 10:29 AM
I got FSOD-Xed recently. I lost my 129 FOmar and 82 RAcast. It sucks, period. There's no niceness about it. Although, I finally have a reason to start that HUne I always wanted. My chars are back, but they're level 4... :<

I don't have any tips, but stay out of Vega and crowded areas (never had FSOD in Altair or Deneb or JP servers).

FSOD-X is simply an FSOD during a save. It corrupts whatever is being saved at the time.

idiotman
Oct 15, 2003, 10:36 AM
one thing to when its says the file is corrupted is turn the gc off and delete the guild card file.its only a one in three chance of working but its worth it

Malkavian
Oct 15, 2003, 10:49 AM
I made a compilation of tricks. Well some kind of guide to avoid FSOD and corruption. And following all those things there's very little chance of corruption.
But it was in spanish... I don't feel like translating it all now... and I guess someone already wrote similar stuff in english.

But resuming is what everybody says.

Never play in crowded blocks. Like first vega blocks, antares 8, polaris 1, mintaka 1 or 2, alcyone 6.

When you are watching a list of games and see a team you want to join, don't do it. Quit the list, choose the team list again and join the team the fastest possible. If you see a team with 2 players and while you are looking someone joins and then you join the corruption chances are high.

If you notice you are lagging. By retarded chat bubbles, non instant ship travels, non instant ships or team lists. Is better you try to reconnect to see if lags gets better or don't play.

I know some of these advertisements are really extreme, but they work http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zimmk2vgc
Oct 15, 2003, 11:06 AM
Ive never done anything that the above has said and ive never had one online corruption...mine all happen for no apparent reason...Dont let fears of FSOD destroy your PSO experience. I have FSODed a few times, but it NEVER loses me any items coz PAL version is sooooooo musch better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Benzine
Oct 15, 2003, 12:26 PM
Dunno about the gc, but for the xbox online fsod means you lose everything unequipped and offline fsod means you just revert to your original save point, so it's as if the session that froze never happened. I don't have the fsodx problem, so I can't say much about that. Personally, I've had a number a freezes but most were due to my xbox because my disc reader is taking a crap on me. As long as you try to proactively prevent your fsod losses, then the fsod itself doesn't pose much of a risk.

What i'm getting at is this, if you play online just carry one weapon and keep it equipped. Don't carry extra unequipped junk that you don't want to lose. That way if you fsod then all you lose is a few dimates and whatnot. Don't let the fear of fsod keep you from enjoying the game how it was meant to be played. Life is one big calculated risk, eh.

-bz