PDA

View Full Version : americans getting crap?

Qragono
Oct 14, 2003, 07:51 PM
i just found this forum.is it just me or is this English lady kind of saying Americans suk? heres the site if ne1 wants to check it out.

http://community.channel4.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=162603557&f=118604722&m=218606542

Guile
Oct 14, 2003, 08:32 PM
The States have been getting crap ever since they were formed.

Zolpner
Oct 14, 2003, 09:43 PM
DAMN AMERICA GIMMIE LATEST COMPUTER PARTS >< . lol jk
ugh kinda, I do want those parts...

Dangerous55
Oct 14, 2003, 10:29 PM
Well first off I didnt know this "EnglishLady" person knows every English person on Earth and what they like. Who really cares what a person on the internet thinks they know?

Reenee
Oct 14, 2003, 10:40 PM
This was a time-waster...

Delsaber
Oct 14, 2003, 11:39 PM
I would say something but it could be going against the patriot act. >_<

*Watches as Ashcroft burns the Constitution*

Anyway, I could care less about what "EnglishLady" thinks or what "David Blaine" does. Why did "EnglishLady" feel the need to form a "well-written topic" about "David Blaine?" Maybe it is because instead of ignoring this feat of stupidity or what have you, she feels that a void in her life must be filled. She feels it will complaint. I am not complaining(or not trying to). I think, why bother complaining or forming a "well-written topic" about something or someone that doesn't affect your life or anyone else's life for that matter. It is a waste, just like this. The end..

EDIT: My spelling scuks(<- I intended that) Stupid typos..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delsaber on 2003-10-14 21:41 ]</font>

NKOTB
Oct 15, 2003, 12:26 AM
who cares

pixelate
Oct 15, 2003, 12:56 AM
Uh, everyone gets shit once in a while.

Spider
Oct 15, 2003, 02:19 AM
Of course America's shit, all thanks to John Edwards and American Idle.

Kizaragu
Oct 15, 2003, 05:03 AM
I can't remember who said this (I heard it on TV the other Day) but someone pointed out a noticeable difference between the British and Americans.
If David Blaine was doing his 'Box thing' in Amnerica, you'd see crowds of people cheering him on and rightly so. Here in the Uk it's 'LETS THROW AN EGG AT HIM!' Pure genius. I love my Country. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Not sure if it has any relevance to the topic at all, but damn it's funny.

Dangerous55
Oct 15, 2003, 02:06 PM
On 2003-10-15 00:19, Spider wrote:
Of course America's shit, all thanks to John Edwards and American Idle.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH because America invented American Idol?

You sir, are an idiot.

Mystil
Oct 15, 2003, 02:37 PM
I think the American Idol gimmick is stupid too..

And, americans get crapped on by all kinds of wish-wash..

Delsaber
Oct 15, 2003, 02:53 PM
Wow, one think because of one show America's crap, Spider? That's one hell of an opinion. Of course you can think what you want, but one little stupid show? There are a lot more stupid shows out there, you know. I agree with Dangerous55.

BOC
Oct 15, 2003, 03:04 PM
i dunno why people find the need 2 give americans crap.

can't we all just get along http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

dont take it 2 heart my american friends, its inherant that people give each other shit, especially on a international basis.

PEACE!!!

LamerPanda
Oct 15, 2003, 04:32 PM
Wow, that thread is just full of random hate. XD I'm going to pick on random replies! =D I'm not expecting replies, obviously.

What the Americans (and sadly some British) people on here seem to forget is that the majority of British people do not have the same mindset as you. This varity of stunt is neither interesting nor impressive when conducted in this manner.

I don't care for it either. I must be British!

This site yesterday became a centre for Americans to feel sorry for themselves once again about September 11th - not at all about David Blaine.

And I don't see how the "feeling sorry for themselves" thing applies to everyone, since I didn't get smacked by a plane. Feeling sorry for others would be more accurate. As a people, sure, but it's still generalizing. Did 9/11 get too much press? Yeah, I'd agree, but let people mourn if it really bothers them.

EnglishLady strikes me as rather ignorant. n_n Though reading on:

I am neither anti-American nor anti-David Blaine.

Funny, then, how her own post shows otherwise. Claim what you want, but you're basically conceived as how others see you.

I hope no one here from the US assumes everyone in England is like that? O_o This forum itself shows otherwise anyway.

I'm really stunned by the DB fans on these forums - about 10% are literate and intelligent, the rest seem to have come straight out of some awful genetic experiment - but most have entirely missed the point -

This was just funny - using this many dashes in such a short space of time could be considered writing a run-on sentence - doing so isn't gramatically correct - this coming from someone complaining about literacy.

So nice to see you refer to 11/9. I loath the American dating system that seems to be creeping into English usage.

"Loathe", I suppose you meant?

Does a dating system really cause so much grief? =/

Ah 1776! no doubt a typically insular american, without a passport and doesnt even know where to find one country is on the world map apart from USA, Canada & Mexico. And even then probably thinks mexico is north of the so caled "Great Lakes"

I really hope that stereotype isn't true. O_o

I geuss I made my point that America rules and you British suk!!!!!!!

...aaaaand on the other hand, I'm not proud of some of my own country's people either.

I'm going to finish up because this is getting long and I'm bored of quoting. I had a point, really, and here it is:

Though people like toffeeapple and American Man 1776 aren't doing much to represent us, it still bothers me when people pick on other countries. It's like the endless string of Canada jokes over here. It's individuals that you should make fun of, not nations. =D

PABLOparavida
Oct 15, 2003, 04:36 PM
I say we hunt down englishlady and kill her/him. JK who cares. We make fun of other countries too. Like France.