PDA

View Full Version : GC: What's happening to Antares 8/Polaris 1

AngelAlys
Oct 16, 2003, 03:05 AM
It's sad but true, but recently I have made the decision to stop playing PSO on Antares 8... Although there has been a steady increase "idiots" there [which is to be expected]in just the last couple of weeks it has escalated beyond belief... With the whole Nova Spamming fiasco, people appear to have deemed that a green light to **** Antares up!!! People have been experiencing terrible difficulties trying to get on Antares with people FSODing it all the time, and now "Bruce Lee" has moved his base of operations from Vega to Antares too. I feel sorry for the mediators here who have spent a lot of time and effort creating an absolutely awesome web site for PSO fans and finding us a "home" where we can all play and meet up! Polaris 1 used to be a busy place and now its empty for the same reasons...

Olga-Rappy
Oct 16, 2003, 04:00 AM
Try Antares 5? Or is your daily dose of Olga-Rappy a bit too high already?

Dhylec
Oct 16, 2003, 09:08 AM
argh good things dont happen to what i like http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
Beside the naughty Vega, Ant.8 is now the last block i even attempt to enter.. got 2 fsods last week on this block.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Altair & Deneb for me the last 2 weeks.. /sigh/

rena-ko
Oct 16, 2003, 09:29 AM
well, dont promote it then, i'd say...

seems like vega's leaking...

zimmk2vgc
Oct 16, 2003, 10:21 AM
as long as you americans stay off of the EU servers coz if not hell will come to you

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 16, 2003, 10:58 AM
People who these things in Antares 8 are violating the Terms of Service of PSO. Has anyone tried reporting these players to Sonic Team?

Demonscale
Oct 16, 2003, 11:03 AM
Antares 8 has been bad for a good while now but I see your point. It seems to get more and more like vega each day. I end to play on altiar 4 or 9 and I invite anyone who is trying to escape the deathtrap thats becoming of antares8 to come to either bock for a game.

gallaugher
Oct 16, 2003, 11:05 AM
I call Antares 8 'mini-vega'.

And don't worry zimmk2vgc, I'll stay the hell away from your servers. Why would I want to play with people who despise Americans?

Naagata_Clan
Oct 16, 2003, 11:17 AM
As far as Antaraes 8 becoming like Vega... its simple really. The close of Vega in the past month has caused people to move their base of operations to the next high density of players... that being Antares 8. So people just though "Hey, this place has a lot of players, so I'll go there". Then when Vega reopened, they realized that some players in antares aren't as messed up as the ones in Vega, so they decided to stay... and start messing things up themselves....

Scejntjynahl
Oct 16, 2003, 11:21 AM
Kind of like deforestation then, when Vega went down all of the wild critters moved into Antares.

But if Antares 8 does become plagued by ill manner players, shouldn't the legits just find a new home?

Naagata_Clan
Oct 16, 2003, 12:06 PM
On 2003-10-16 09:21, Furankunichan wrote:
Kind of like deforestation then, when Vega went down all of the wild critters moved into Antares.

But if Antares 8 does become plagued by ill manner players, shouldn't the legits just find a new home?

Yeah we hsould, but where? And PSO wolrd would have to change its banner... hee hee hee

Coxy
Oct 16, 2003, 12:13 PM
On 2003-10-16 08:21, zimmk2vgc wrote:
as long as you americans stay off of the EU servers coz if not hell will come to you

WTF are you talking about, i hope you are joking

Buuyon
Oct 16, 2003, 12:47 PM
dood we can go to any server we want...

anwserman
Oct 16, 2003, 01:43 PM
Whoa, thats hurtful, that comment on playing on the EU ships.

Sad part is that if you think that you are better then us Americans, even when you use that type of language, you really aren't. You're just as bad as the 'people you despise' when you make stereotypical, deragatory statements like that.

I really want to know what anger, or what has happened to you, to fuel that rage.

Celestial
Oct 16, 2003, 02:33 PM
vega isnt that bad. and it really wasnt that bad before too. ive always played there since pso ep 1& 2 came out and i really havent had too much of a problem with it...

antares 8 on the other hand has made me mad beyond belief in the past couple of weeks.

i have been fsoded like 20 times... seen way too much spaming of a certain body part

now i refuse to go there EVER

Striker07
Oct 16, 2003, 02:54 PM
Im a Deneb person myself. The less people, the less chance of FSOD. Maybe its psychological though.

JohanCC
Oct 16, 2003, 03:00 PM
I've said it once before, I'll say it again. PSOW should move to a new block. And I think that moving to the empty europe server might be the way to go, because most of the assholes don't go off the US server.

Kadou
Oct 16, 2003, 06:23 PM
On 2003-10-16 13:00, JohanCC wrote:
I've said it once before, I'll say it again. PSOW should move to a new block. And I think that moving to the empty europe server might be the way to go, because most of the assholes don't go off the US server.

Ssshhh. They've got spies everywhere...

Er, I'm not online yet, but I have a BBA for my GC. The only problem I have is setting up a second LAN in order to get online. At least now I know where i shouldn't go when I do go on.. Blah. Spam. More blah and spam...

AngelAlys
Oct 17, 2003, 02:18 AM

Im not flaming you here Furankunichan, but that's a really ignorant statement. I/We shouldnt have to move to a new block and find a new "home" because I bunch of assholes decide to spam and **** things up in Antares. It's a matter of being forced to leave to avoid FSOD/ FSOD-X, etc.... as well as general ignorance... To be honest is it any wonder ST are "slow" to add improvements. Whenever they add something, people are always looking to abuse it. The money that could be going into creating quests is currently being used to maintanence the servers due to these idiots. So the next time any of us wanna get on ST's back, why dont we think on that one!

Skorpius
Oct 17, 2003, 11:48 PM
nobody is forcing you to go to lobby 01

i have cards from people that lobby hop and i hit antares 1, search, and meet user, skipping lobby01 altogether

AzureBlaze
Oct 18, 2003, 12:43 AM
I've noticed this too, and so far my only saving grace has been to use the card search and hope somone I know/knew has made it to an upper lobby.

However, as I observe, there are 2 kinds of people responsible for raising hate around here inside this topic, and on the ship we so love to play on.

The people who'se sole goal in life is to ruin the experiance of everyone around them. Somehow, their brains are set up the opposite of everyone else's, causeing them to think misery=cool. The more they can destroy PSO, the better. They're what crashed enitre ship blocks on DC, and the people who went around NOLing everyone they saw, regardless. I don't know if they would reach ultimate joy by cancelling PSO completely through total server emptyness/destruction, (because it would also end their own existance) but I doubt we'll ever find out.

*Why are they leaving Vega? Well, the same reason they left GhettOberon on DC. It's no fun to torment people just like themselves. Worthless lvl 1s named "PK NOOB!!11!" don't care if you kill them. Everyone who'se already spamming "how to have secks with sheep" visual instructions don't care if you show them another boob.
The answer?
Go where people have something to LOSE. They're much more fun to torment, and this message's very existance proves it. Everyone here genuinly cares what they're doing on PSO. They care about their chars, their friends and all the wonderful things a community like PSOW can do.
The population on anteres 8 because of these reasons, is high, so you can be the most destructive there, such as only bombing towns and not countrysides. The problem won't stop, so long as these 'opposite people' keep buying HLs with the goal in mind of rendering the game an empty wasteland.

Which brings me to person type #2, who I am going to make an entire separate post about because I've wanted to for a while now. "International Haters"

Shin-Volcano
Oct 18, 2003, 12:49 AM
Did you guys know there are you know a few ships? not just antares 01 or better yet, try OTHER lobbies, ussualy when i go to antares i ralry go to 01 i choose other lobbies or just another ship period you dont HAVE to go to antares 01 every single times becuase you will most likly fsod about 80% of the time anyway.

anwserman
Oct 18, 2003, 10:24 AM
Your post about people wrecking PSO on purpose is SO true. This guy game into a game with supposedly ADHD - which he said was his excuse for everything (X-Box version now so I got to hear the freak) and well, the game was titled "Legits ONLY" so he joins just to get yelled at, as he had like a J-Sword with a Kapu Kapu mag, doing like 800 damage. And he didn't leave until like Ruins 3 - we were in Ruins 1 when he came.

He also stated, "Wow! This is the longest time I've gotten away with playing in a legit game!" He then found us boring as we were excluding him from conversations and not healing him - I'm a force so I was the healer of the party - and he eventually left to find some other game to play.

Now, he just did that on PURPOSE. Isn't that rude? ADHD isn't an excuse for anything - you're in control of yourself, regardless. No wonder why us Americans have such problems in society . . .

It's not your fault Johnny, its your medical condition. Do whatever you want, because we all know that you have no control over what you do, its ADHD's fault, not yours... yeah right my ass. (Note: I've had an ADHD student in my class [graduated HS earlier this year] and thats basically what he did.)

shifter
Oct 18, 2003, 12:06 PM
On 2003-10-17 00:18, AngelAlys wrote:

Im not flaming you here Furankunichan, but that's a really ignorant statement. I/We shouldnt have to move to a new block and find a new "home" because I bunch of assholes decide to spam and **** things up in Antares. It's a matter of being forced to leave to avoid FSOD/ FSOD-X, etc.... as well as general ignorance... To be honest is it any wonder ST are "slow" to add improvements. Whenever they add something, people are always looking to abuse it. The money that could be going into creating quests is currently being used to maintanence the servers due to these idiots. So the next time any of us wanna get on ST's back, why dont we think on that one!

but still the question remains of weither or not to find a new home for PSOW. if we do change ship/block, we would get some peace for a time, but sonner or later, theyll be back more annoying then ever.

zimmk2vgc
Oct 18, 2003, 12:26 PM
I only said what I said because I dont want duping and other non-legit stuff spreading there. I play strictly legit, but its almost impossible over on antares vega deneb or altair. The US servers have ALWAYS been the worst for duping, hacking and fsoding. I have never once FSODd in EU, and everytime I play on the US servers I FSOD. Luckily nothing has been lost yet, but now trying to persuade Britons to stay away, simply because they pose such a threat to our way. Sorry guys but from what I have seen, the first lv 100 to have cheated was from the US, and at least half was hacked. With NOLling, I didn't see that on the EU servers until I had seen it in Oberon. If you guys have any hope of being away from all the wrong doings your going to have to find another block and play there.

Mman2000
Oct 18, 2003, 10:09 PM

Tell me are all europeans snooty bastards like you?

fyrewyre
Oct 18, 2003, 10:20 PM

So umm...whats so good about your servers?

Mman2000
Oct 18, 2003, 11:44 PM
On 2003-10-18 10:26, zimmk2vgc wrote:
I only said what I said because I dont want duping and other non-legit stuff spreading there.

The way you worded it said differently, it sounded like you didn't want americans there at all whether they were legit or not.

I play strictly legit, but its almost impossible over on antares vega deneb or altair.

Deneb usually has more legits than the other 3. Vega can be called by its nickname "assholes unlimited".

CrimsonII2
Oct 19, 2003, 02:08 AM
umm, Hey zimmk2vgc I can tell you from experience, that Deneb is about 90% legits, and I guess I could understand how you feel, heck I"d ask the same about dupers/cheaters staying away from Deneb, especially block 5, but I won't, I'd just say, any a**holes stay away from that server, so long as the players are friendly, and even in some cases willing to not use their strongest stuff, I have no problem with playing with them on occasion (I say on occasion because its not often that I see ppl using dupes, there is a diff between dupers, and dupe users after all)

Jack
Oct 19, 2003, 04:13 AM
On 2003-10-18 20:20, fyrewyre wrote:

So umm...whats so good about your servers?

Less lag?

hucasts_rock
Oct 19, 2003, 05:29 PM
On 2003-10-16 08:58, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
People who these things in Antares 8 are violating the Terms of Service of PSO. Has anyone tried reporting these players to Sonic Team?

I doubt that Sonic Team cares. They ignore everything sent in, like petitions, etc. So we're all sitting in a game that could've been so much better if ST actually cared to make it better.

PABLOparavida
Oct 19, 2003, 07:08 PM
There are some bad ppl on antares 8 now.

AngelAlys
Oct 20, 2003, 02:57 AM
It's one thing to be hit by spammers and annoying ppl with the mental age of 3, but another when you have people like Bruce Lee and the NK clan coming into the ship spreadin their absolute filth, and they have made base in Antares 8-8 now check out my post to get these people banned NOW

So much gets taken from the game when you are always having to watch where you go, who you talk to etc... If they banned approx a dozen people they would take away a lot of the "ring leaders" and things would die down... if only for a while!

Shin-Volcano
Oct 20, 2003, 03:14 AM
Less lag? you got to be kidding eu servers have some of the WORST lag in exsitance, it does not seem that way to you becuase you are from eu it is most definalty not less lag its actaully more.

eu servers are no diffrent from us just us has more people which is why fsod occres more, eu has very few sometimes. nothing special about euro servers, never have been never will be cept maybe unique names thats about it.

and actally one the 1st dupers where jp, then us then eu, only reason eu was not 1st is becuase eu always get shit very late. i remember when eu version 2 came out for dc they ALREADY had codes for it before it even got warmed up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shin-Volcano on 2003-10-20 01:17 ]</font>

Coxy
Oct 20, 2003, 06:31 AM
On 2003-10-18 20:09, Mman2000 wrote:

Tell me are all europeans snooty bastards like you?

I'm not http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and hes not snooty, just an idiot

Olga-Rappy
Oct 20, 2003, 06:46 AM
Well, I've left Antares, and I've spent some time on betelgeuse... it's a nice place if you speak Japanese... but are there any Deneb people here? I prefer typing in English, and am wondering what it's like there.

opaopajr
Oct 20, 2003, 07:46 AM
all you have to do is start a petition of ex-players and turned-off potential players showing Sonic Team and SEGA how much money they are losing by NOT following their own terms of service agreement.

and talk to a lawyer to see if you have a case against SEGA for abandoning their own terms of service.

those 2 things would make the eternally negligent SoJ bureaucrats something to pay attention to.

If you have that petition I will gladly sign it and could find at least 2-3 more people who would sign saying that the cheating and lack of punishment is DIRECTLY why they don't play.

that's money out the bank, if they find it's more than they make from allowing such troublemakers they'd listen. I'd also force it to a head with a mass protest period. have a "NO HL Purchase Period" (of maybe a month) with the distinct petition that more strictness be held on the servers. losing moeny for a month would catch their attention.

Greenie
Oct 22, 2003, 09:40 PM
Hi there, I have been a reader of the boards for about 3 years now, and used to post, but havent for a while.... anyways...

I got FSOD on Oberon twice last week on Antares 8, and the other times I could get on, it just seemed way to crouded, and there were always at least 6 people heavily spamming the screen. It was almost like the DC PSO days again. I mainly now play Altair 10, which I have since the begining, and also Daneb 5, and both are good places. My only problem is that most people either don't want to play, or are all about speed leveling, and not sitting back and enjoying the game for a good romp around.

If a new block was chosen, I would definitely go there to join some more legit players, it might also not be a bad idea to occassionally change the block and to move around a little bit. All members here come to the boards regularly so the banner could be changed quite easily for people to meet up. And once you meet good people to play with you have their cards anyways so you can search them out.

Another opton that we have is to have a ship, not just a block and to use a custom choice search perameter in which we could search out other members....
Just a thought...complex and probably not worth many of yours time.... but possibly these ideas can lead to other ways to figure things out.

Mman2000
Oct 22, 2003, 10:03 PM
On 2003-10-20 04:46, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Well, I've left Antares, and I've spent some time on betelgeuse... it's a nice place if you speak Japanese... but are there any Deneb people here? I prefer typing in English, and am wondering what it's like there.

I go to deneb 9 a lot of the time, the only time I ever go to antares is when there aren't many ppl in deneb.

RFB
Oct 23, 2003, 03:40 AM
Various things I have to say:
1)To the EU guy who said the US people to stay away from EU servers: US normal people will go there if they want, and if what you wish is US idiot cheaters not to go there, just dont tell them not to go. Their little brains tell them to go there and <censored> everyone them if you tell them not to go.
Is like if you were baiting them to go, and believe me, they always bite it.
2)About looking for another block: I'm new here, and I'm offline, and all that, but from my DC experience, I can say JP servers are daaaaamn safe. It's really strange to see FSODers and stuff like that around there, being the exception the CH blocks.

Sailor_V_64
Oct 23, 2003, 05:23 AM
well to say the least.

you can still find good game play on Celestite 8
lol no where near as clutter as Antares

PontiusR
Oct 23, 2003, 05:36 AM
I'm always on Antares and I've never been corrupted. To survive their you either have to be level 200 and not compassionate or a really good hacker. I find the place fun...but it is getting out of hand. Luckily I'm pretty well feared there because I take anyone fucking around to battle mode and just annihilate them, and after that someone often corrupts them. As for the porn etc. I don't mind that, but I can see how it can offend people.