PDA

View Full Version : GC: The coveted Red Box...

Demonscale
Oct 16, 2003, 11:29 AM
Ive been hunting one particular rare for a long time and I still havent found it. Ive been finding loads of great stuff, but not what Im looking for. I kinda have a feeling that the rare drops when you arent really looking for it. Id just like to get some feedback from everyone else on this matter. Have you found what you wanted by doing runs over and over? Or did it just drop randomly when you were playing for fun?

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 16, 2003, 11:31 AM
Sounds like the old theory that you won't find something when you're looking for it, but then you will when you don't need it anymore. Evidence of higher intelligence, or just cosmic luck? You decide.

In any case, you can always test the theory, by starting on runs to look for something completely different. If all else fails, check the drop charts here on PSO World.

Hrith
Oct 16, 2003, 12:22 PM
I never got a LAVIS CANNON http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Otherwise I muset say that yes, I eventually get my rare when I do a lot of consecutive runs through the same area : (most recent ones)
27 VIRIDIA Mine runs to get a Parts of Baranz.
19 SKYLY Spaceship runs to get a MASER BEAM (it sucks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

But you're right, I got rares I didn't want while searching, for example I found 4 Parts of EGG BLASTER in SKYLY.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SpyroDi
Oct 16, 2003, 12:29 PM
Early on in my PSO time,I always wanted to find that elusive Demolition Comet since it was such an awesome looking weapon. After getting everything I needed from some duper,a few weeks afterward I found about 3. =/

Garm
Oct 16, 2003, 01:03 PM
you have a demo comet? im doing runs for nim now..
1 pdrop, 1 vloddy art, 1 justy, 8 mats and 4 grinders in one run but no demo comet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
whats the chance of finding one from a melqueek?
and its true that you find the most sftuff when you're not looking for it..

flueggy
Oct 16, 2003, 01:23 PM
this reminds me of my older days on lv36 with my RAcast a freind found me a meteor smash when he was lookin fo something else then he gave it to me and later we found anoather one

Demonscale
Oct 16, 2003, 01:50 PM
Ive been looking for the NUG2000 Bazooka. In my runs I have found over 10 yas3000R, 6 magic rock moolas, 4 ruby bullets, a hero/ability, and one asuka. The sinow red only seems to drop pds tho >.< Im still doing runs but finding the same things

Stalfos333
Oct 16, 2003, 02:23 PM
A small tip. If what you want is good, and comes from a Mequeek or a Tollaw, you would be better to spend your luck in Vegas if you expect to find it.

TekkamanBlade
Oct 16, 2003, 02:34 PM
I dunno its weird based on how things drop. U couldn be looking for something else and the item you were looking for a month ago pops up. Id just keep doing runs threw it then stop for a lil bit go run around some were else for awhile then go back and try again.

TekkamanBlade
Oct 16, 2003, 02:38 PM
On 2003-10-16 11:50, Demonscale wrote:
Ive been looking for the NUG2000 Bazooka. In my runs I have found over 10 yas3000R, 6 magic rock moolas, 4 ruby bullets, a hero/ability, and one asuka. The sinow red only seems to drop pds tho >.< Im still doing runs but finding the same things

Well the reason why ur not finding Nug Bazooka is because its probly got a high drop frequency. That maybe why u havent found it yet. But i wouild keep going for it cause thats a kool weapon.

K9
Oct 16, 2003, 04:34 PM
Ive been hunting one particular rare for a long time and I still havent found it. Ive been finding loads of great stuff, but not what Im looking for. I kinda have a feeling that the rare drops when you arent really looking for it. Id just like to get some feedback from everyone else on this matter. Have you found what you wanted by doing runs over and over? Or did it just drop randomly when you were playing for fun?

Well, i've been searchin 4 the red handgun 4 a long time.. than i gave up hope and searched 4 a different rare... after a few days, i found a rare, brought it 2 the tekker, and there it was b4 my eyes... the red hundgun.

So my advice would b 2 not look 4 the item, usually 4 me i don't find the items im lukin 4, just the 1's i don't want or aren't lukin 4.

skeet
Oct 16, 2003, 04:50 PM
ya, samething happened to me. I was lookin 4 the Yamato from the dragon for a long time. I coodn't find it so i finally gave up. then one day i played multimode w/ my sis and brought her to the dragon (cuz she isnt very good) and wat do u kno, i found it. i think the game knows wen ur lookin 4 sumthin specific so it doesnt give it to u.

s.TiNgEr
Oct 16, 2003, 05:24 PM
I've never gotten any of my force weapons trying. I got my sting tip on accident..

ilr2000
Oct 16, 2003, 05:39 PM
The only items I ever found from doing runs just for that item was the Red Sword and pipe-able rare monster drops. I piped for a heart of poumn, and then I started running temple for a Yasha... never found the yasha, but found a second heart of poumn the old fashioned way, which was cool. I also found a flowen's shield, and I had no idea that item even existed on my ID!

But my greatest story of things like this is when I piped for red slimes for a Demo Comet. I piped for three days with no luck. On the fourth day, the first slime in caves was red. He dropped the demo comet. Technically, I wasn't looking for it there, and it took me by complete surprise.

s.TiNgEr
Oct 16, 2003, 05:41 PM
I hate piping... I hate all of you for acually succeding in piping ;_;

=)

ilr2000
Oct 16, 2003, 05:50 PM
On 2003-10-16 12:23, Stalfos333 wrote:
A small tip. If what you want is good, and comes from a Mequeek or a Tollaw, you would be better to spend your luck in Vegas if you expect to find it.

Here's another tip. Don't make your goal to be hitting the jackpot, you'll only guarantee yourself frustration and disappointment. Don't go after the Melqueek and Tollaw rares until you think you've got the patience for them. Give yourself realistic goals, like piping for a rare monster drop, to build your confidence. If you plan on finding you're section ID's great rare the moment you hit Ult mode you'll end up getting impatient and you'll be a duper by the end of the day.

*edit*.. "once you start down the dark path forever will it consume your destiny"

i'm a dork.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2003-10-16 15:51 ]</font>

s.TiNgEr
Oct 16, 2003, 06:04 PM
On 2003-10-16 15:50, ilr2000 wrote:

Here's another tip. Don't make your goal to be hitting the jackpot, you'll only guarantee yourself frustration and disappointment.

I've always heard it was good to go for the jackpot... (good weap). Everyone has a different opinion though

Hrith
Oct 16, 2003, 08:41 PM

Couldn't have said better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Applies for EP2 Dubchich, Gibbles, Mericarol, Gi Gue and Deldepth http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Garm
Oct 17, 2003, 02:22 AM
i noticed that melqueeks don't drop good stuff..
got a morning glory with 15% hit (thats with +10%) from a red slime though..
time to go hunting for a wals maby i found a demo comet...

DOG21313
Oct 17, 2003, 09:25 AM
On 2003-10-16 11:23, flueggy wrote:
this reminds me of my older days on lv36 with my RAcast a freind found me a meteor smash when he was lookin fo something else then he gave it to me and later we found anoather one

AND ANOTHER... and another... I'm sooooo happy i'm outta VH Forest, otherwise, every single Savage Wolf would be dropping one...

And to think, it took so long to find the first one... I'm never hunting an item for you again flueggy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Demonscale
Oct 17, 2003, 10:23 AM
Hmm Thank you all for your input. Ill just do runs for fun now instead of hoping it will drop. Each time a sinow red drops I run up hoping its gonna be a NUG, but its a PD or even more fustrating, an addslot. Also, my friends will join my games and find what they want during that run. Perhaps just messing around is the best way to find it. The fustration isnt worth it.

Ketchup345
Oct 17, 2003, 02:23 PM
On 2003-10-17 08:23, Demonscale wrote:
Hmm Thank you all for your input. Ill just do runs for fun now instead of hoping it will drop. Each time a sinow red drops I run up hoping its gonna be a NUG, but its a PD or even more fustrating, an addslot. Also, my friends will join my games and find what they want during that run. Perhaps just messing around is the best way to find it. The fustration isnt worth it.

Sinow Reds can't drop an Add Slot if it drops a NUG. Every monster only has one rare drop (Photon Drops are an exception, they aren't really that rare, and should be in a different color box), Add Slot does count as a rare item drop, so the Sinow Red can't drop them if it is supposed to drop the NUG.

GryfDarkBreed
Oct 17, 2003, 06:12 PM
Hey, don't complain about Addslots! If you don't want 'em I'll take 'em! ^_^ I've got a DB's ARMOR waiting for slots before I'll bother to use it.

Stinger, don't orry, piping never works for me either. DARNED AL RAPPIES! Jerks never drop anything good *tosses away garbage Difluids* Damn birds, I'm an android.