PDA

View Full Version : Who will own in PK?

Danger_Girl
Apr 1, 2001, 11:45 PM
Once version 2 comes out it will include an arena where we can battle it out. What class do you think will own in PK? Obviously any hunter or ranger equiped with a spread needle will be nasty foe. But what challenge would that behttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif? Rangers would certainly have an advantage in the 'ol hit and run catigory. How great of an impact will spells play the mix? I think a force who can freeze his target will have a big advange in any duel. Of coarse a trusty Sacred guard would negate that. How about androids? Are they tough enough to overcome the spell casters? What statigies can you think of that would make you the ultimate player killer.

Omege12
Apr 2, 2001, 12:03 AM
Well androids will have a disadvantage against magic users, lighting causes SHORT to us droids. But we do have high hp and can do some major damage. I dunno really, we'll have to wait and see.

CASH
Apr 2, 2001, 12:42 AM
I still want to see an android playing soccer...

Archer_Hedge
Apr 2, 2001, 12:44 AM
Androids do have a distinct disadvantage with the inability to use techniques, not to mention they are lightning rods as well. Androids can stock up on as many mates as they can carry, but other characters can equip resta, stock up on fluids AND mates, and have a virtually endless supply of health. Other characters could simply "outlast" the androids.
I think we may see some very long PK battles if Sega doesn't put a time limit on the matches.

Spy
Apr 2, 2001, 12:52 AM
Allright... I'm going to have to reactivate my old racast and whoop some major wussy force/hunter ass...

Hunters can't touch what they can't walk up to.

Forces are so weak you can cap them twice and they're down.

Mmm... paraylsis... one thing that can't hurt androids http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cyanide
Apr 2, 2001, 12:58 AM
The Only thing I hope happens when Ver2 comes out they delete all duped Items sumhow. Cuz otherwise people will go in with thier duped Lavis Cannons, spread needles, yadda yadda you get the picture so maybe they will have some way to clear that up. Otherwise a legit player will have no chance in Hell with someone who duped they will have God Battle++ on and so forth. So if that doesn't get cleared up they will rule in the PK.

Danger_Girl
Apr 2, 2001, 01:12 AM
Often times when PKing in Diablo2 we would have "rules" against useing any potions. Perhaps in some duels if Classes where restricted from using mates and fluids it would level the playing field somewhat. Then again that would truly harm the ability for androids to heal themselves. It will indeed be a great challenge for androids.

Archer_Hedge
Apr 2, 2001, 01:30 AM
I think the best way would be to fight based on stats alone, meaning without stat enhancing armor and weapons. You could use a weapon but it just wouldn't add to your attack. That would level out the field quite a bit. Not sure what to do about techniques, I guess you either have them or don't.

ElisteHaute
Apr 2, 2001, 01:33 AM
Maybe it'll have rules and stuff built in already. I think that it might be a bare hands only arena or maybe it might be like the paintball arenas with things in the way of a good shot.

if magic is allowed then forces would dominate it because of their area effect spells, but...... maybe their Resta spells might heal the other player too and that would be really interesting. You would have to use -Mates or you would risk healing your opponent.

I have faith in the programmers to make it somewhat interesting.

Lucidservant
Apr 2, 2001, 03:42 AM
I will 0wn... with all 5 of my characters.

Maximum-Burst
Apr 2, 2001, 03:48 AM
Hunters will. Can you have team battles.

AxemPunanny
Apr 2, 2001, 04:58 AM
How bout this? I dunno if anyone has posted this yet, I haven't read every single post. (Sorry, It's late and the connection isn't too fast) Anyways...

For the battle mode, there could be a option where players don't bring their items they carry (i.e. weapons/armor). Instead:

Weapons & Armor:
will be placed all over the arena. Players would just pick them up and use them (if they can). Some places will have better items, and there might even be a rare laying around. Of course there would be restrictions, like a newbie couldn't possibly use a spread needle from the get go.

Items (i.e mates/fluids):
These items will also be laying around. Of course, all items would regenerate after a set amount of time.

This option would just restrict players to how good they are, like how much they've level they're character. And I think it would be a good idea to allow players to bring their mags, since they've leveled them up too. Mags would be their only assistance.

This option would not only level up the playing field more, but it would also settle the concern of losing your spread needle or s-blades, through battle, cause you got killed. Plus, battles would be decided by skill of the player not just the character. Or maybe they could just not allow a player to lose their items and make it strictly a battle.

Just an idea. I'm sure some of you are familiar with this concept. i.e. Goldeneye/Quake

As far as this who's class is best. I like my RAcast, and I find it fairly easy with him. But, with my FOnewm, I've managed to stay alive more often with him than my RAcast. Call it weird, but I think I probably died more with my android, even though my android is a badass. (Androids are badass, right spy) And it isn't just because my Force got resta and all. I've used resat/shifta/deband/etc more on other players than myself. Then again, with my big bad droid I can be more aggressive, which usually pits you into heavy foray of baddies.

We'll see.

XPunanny/DCMarine/Laguna:Lock

Ukyou
Apr 2, 2001, 05:33 AM
Pheh, way to many variables to even guess right now. 'Specially seen we don't even how 0.0000000000000001% on how the PvP system's gonna work =P

Let's just wait and see ^_^

VampireLR
Apr 2, 2001, 05:51 AM
Taking a guess I think the versus mode is going to be most likely a capture the flag scenario. Remember Sega is promoting teamwork and not duke them up themes with PSO. It'll probably involve some form of cooperation. Every class is at a disadvantage alone, some more than others, but when they're teamed they're almost unstopple like a HUcast, FOrce combo. Also there might be computer enemies running around to add difficult to the game. Imagine running to an area where you meet your opposing team then Del Saber's or Sino beats pop out of nowhere surrounding all of you. What would you do..? Destroy the other team first or try to clear the area.

Acel
Apr 2, 2001, 05:55 AM
Battle mode will allow the players to "SET" traps(info is legit). Remember Kagero/Somato?(Tecmo's deception series) Nuff said.

BTW, I think my Humar will rock just with these units:
God Battle
God Battle(2 cos i can run up to you way much faster if I miss you with my OrochiAgito ;P)
State Maintenance(becos I love celestial shield more than sacred guard)
Trap/Search

Would be cool if players can use PB too. Wonder if they could negate each other? *imagine*
Player1:Go Estlla~!
Player2http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gifefend me! Farlla~!!!(negates offensive PB hurled at him)

Ps: Aku Soku Zan

Sisqua
Apr 2, 2001, 06:02 AM
I think the fairest way to do it would be to allow no weapons at all and fight it out hand to hand.

S.

Acel
Apr 2, 2001, 06:09 AM
On 2001-04-02 04:02, Sisqua wrote:
I think the fairest way to do it would be to allow no weapons at all and fight it out hand to hand.

You must be kidding. That way Hucast would dominate.

Sisqua
Apr 2, 2001, 08:11 AM
Not necessarily - I didn't say don't use spells.

S.

Lamalas
Apr 2, 2001, 11:18 AM
Forces would probably never be able to destroy anything in PvP if it were true one on one combat. Our spells do little to nothing on monsters, so a decent hunter or ranger could easily bounce back from about 10 or 20 blasts from my highest powered spell.

Combine that with little hps...if a hunter or ranger manages to hit me twice, I'll die. I think the aiming system would have to be revamped a bit before PvP would work.

All in all, I think a RAmar with some form of powerful spread gun (NOT spread needle) will completely own. They can cast spells (heal/shifta/deband) on themselves and don't have to really worry about aiming all that much with a spread.

I agree with Ukyou though, we don't know how it's gonna turn out, so we'll have to wait and see http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif