PDA

View Full Version : What a rip off!

joncushing
Oct 16, 2003, 05:31 PM
I beat Dal Ral Lie today with my level 90 Skyly FOmar and to my surprise he dropped a red box, but when i tekked it, a dragon slayer..........wow..... (can you feel the sarcasm???) What a crappy drop for a boss! Nearly every other boss in the game has a cool drop but not Dal ral lie!!! What a cheapo! whilst im here, is it worth piping for a red slime to get the demolition comet for my HUmar and/or HUcast?????

Bit
Oct 16, 2003, 05:32 PM
You should see Oran's Vol Opt V.2 drop.

The ever so loved Cross Scar. I don't know what else I would have rather had.

As for the Demo Comet, I'd say Yes. It's a decent twin saber, and not a real pain to look for.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Oct 16, 2003, 05:35 PM
Heh, skyly gets justy from him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

not quite as bad, and still usable in Ult... especially since i found one with 25% hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

yeah, i have 3 DemoCs... they are very good, easily obtainable twin saber-type weapons.

s.TiNgEr
Oct 16, 2003, 05:36 PM
at least it's a red ...

PABLOparavida
Oct 16, 2003, 06:20 PM
On 2003-10-16 15:36, s.TiNgEr wrote:
at least it's a red ...

Would you stop a red box is worth nothing if you have tons of the same one.

Dillon
Oct 16, 2003, 06:23 PM
That's not entirely true.

You could, like me, have about 15 Varistas, with no percents. Then, one day, find one with half decent percents. I'd get rid of all the others and use it.

So just because you have an insane amount of the same rare doesn't mean getting another is useless.

s.TiNgEr
Oct 16, 2003, 06:24 PM
On 2003-10-16 16:20, PABLOparavida wrote:

On 2003-10-16 15:36, s.TiNgEr wrote:
at least it's a red ...

Would you stop a red box is worth nothing if you have tons of the same one.

they're good to look at.

PABLOparavida
Oct 16, 2003, 06:24 PM
On 2003-10-16 16:23, Dillon wrote:

You could, like me, have about 15 Varistas, with no percents. Then, one day, find one with half decent percents. I'd get rid of all the others and use it.

So just because you have an insane amount of the same rare doesn't mean getting another is useless.

I don't agree having the same wep a thousand times just makes me mad. I don't even want to see red boxes anymore unless its a pd.

s.TiNgEr
Oct 16, 2003, 06:25 PM
On 2003-10-16 16:24, PABLOparavida wrote:

I don't agree having the same wep a thousand times just makes me mad. I don't even want to see red boxes anymore unless its a pd.

give them to newbs them.

Soukosa
Oct 16, 2003, 06:29 PM
Most IDs get a 9 star weapon from 2 of the bosses in Ult Ep 1. I think it's Greennill, Pinkal, and Whitill that only find one 9 star. I'm figuring that it's set up this way to keep things in balance.

Shadow_010
Oct 16, 2003, 09:41 PM
On 2003-10-16 15:31, joncushing wrote:
I beat Dal Ral Lie today with my level 90 Skyly FOmar and to my surprise he dropped a red box, but when i tekked it, a dragon slayer..........wow..... (can you feel the sarcasm???) What a crappy drop for a boss! Nearly every other boss in the game has a cool drop but not Dal ral lie!!! What a cheapo! whilst im here, is it worth piping for a red slime to get the demolition comet for my HUmar and/or HUcast?????

not true i get a lk 14 conbat from a sil dragon and i already got 30

Quo
Oct 16, 2003, 10:08 PM
Dal ra lie gave you a dragon slayer? HA he gave me the ever so usefull.... wait for it.... diska of braveman. Horraay. ( please note the sarcasm). And it gets better. After beating him I rushed stright into the mines ( I love the mines) and found 3 more diska of bravemans in Lvl 1 boxes. Dal ra lie sucks.

AngelAlys
Oct 17, 2003, 02:38 AM
On 2003-10-16 16:24, PABLOparavida wrote:

Er... you're an out and proud duper so why the hell are you complaining about having thousands of the same wep... lmao.

Hey Bit I found a Cross Scar with 35% hit and %'s on native, so its my one on one Forest wep... I knew I'd find a use for one, oneday!!! Lol

Nai_Calus
Oct 17, 2003, 03:30 AM
I hate Cross Scars. I've got one with Hit%... Need to give it to my HUcaseal once she can use it.

...I hate Dragon Slayers, too, YOU CAN TAKE THAT GODDAMNED THING BACK YOU FRACKING WORTHLESS DOLMOLM @#%@*^@*!!!! No %s, of course. At least I'm a Hunter. I can tell immediately that something is useless crap. Doesn't look good for the run though if the very first thing you kill gives you a Dragon Slayer. XD

Armok
Oct 17, 2003, 05:54 AM
Dragon Slayers look nice though u gotta give them that

rena-ko
Oct 17, 2003, 05:58 AM
hm... i dont understand all that steam...
if its a 9star, well, look for decent %, if it doesnt have one, leave it there...

and for preventing such 'surprises'... there are drop tables (i have hard, vhard, ult for each episode printed out... i'd recommend that)

anyway, have fun > everyone

PaleKid15
Oct 17, 2003, 01:12 PM
I got a Holy RAy from D.R.L. I also have 60 Diska of Braveman,40 Liberators, and 15 Assassins. Redria can be gay.(note:holy ray from pinkal) I just remember the god arms,god hps, god bodys, god lucks, and god minds it gave and I'm happy again.

Soja-Soulcrusher
Oct 17, 2003, 04:21 PM
Yeah.

Oran gets crap from bosses. I have so many Dragon Slayers, Cross Scars, and Bloody Arts with 35%+ Hit...

Some of these weapons are nice at full grind, particularly my Durandal. It's an ample substitute for a rarer saber until you get it.

The only 'good' thing an Oran gets from a boss is the Dragon's Claw, and even that's questionable depending on your take on Claw-types.

TekkamanBlade
Oct 17, 2003, 04:34 PM
On 2003-10-17 03:54, Armok wrote:
Dragon Slayers look nice though u gotta give them that

UGHHHHHHH........NO! Dragon Slayers are ulgy and they suck balls. They are weak as hell. I ratjer use a Diska Liberator than that dumb sword. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nerd.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

Nai_Calus
Oct 17, 2003, 09:03 PM
ORAN is a great ID for easy-to-get decent armor(Guard Wave, Pouilly Slime, Ult Caves; Aura Field, Mil Lily, Ult Temple; Sense Plate(If you see that as decent), Mil Lily, Ult Caves)... It also has arguably the best chance of getting Syncesta, and supposedly the second best chances of getting a Psycho Wand, and also the easiest Star Amplifier(Pal Rappy)... But overall, it's really not that great an ID, and certainly not a stand-alone one. As a RA, you'll be hurting for weapons(Only Ranger weap I've ever gotten was a Red Scorpio with Barba Ray). As a HU, you'll be hurting for anything that isn't a 9-star 'rare' Dagger or Sword. Maybe you'll get a Red Partisan, and that will be good, but. As a FO, well, actually, you won't do too bad, since you do have an easy time getting a Star Amp for a Twinkle Star, and you might someday get a PWand if you kill Gibbles enough times. As anybody, you will hurt like hell for God/ units, since AFAIK ORAN doesn't actually get any... *shrug* It's a decent support ID, but. I have other characters to supplement my ORAN, who in turn supports them(Those Poufuilly Slimes ain't dropping my REDRIA a Guard Wave of his own any time soon, no sir. I'd have better luck looking for a Lavis off the Pouill- Oh wait, I did). *shrug*

And yeah, Claws suck ass for males and indeed, most of the classes, so ORAN gets nothing but crap from Ep1 bosses. I forget what it gets from Gol Bob and Gal Gryphon. I don't use the Red Scorpio, though, so I question it's usefulness as well(And yes, I do have a Ranger. >P).