PDA

View Full Version : Greennill RAmar questions..

Dillon
Oct 16, 2003, 06:00 PM
Alright..after talking with Sounami about it on MSN a bit..I figured I'd ask here, since I have the time to.

I have a Greennill RAmar..what weapons should I got for when I get to Vhard and Ult?

As of right now..I'm in the Ruins, level 15..gonna slay Falz later tonight if I stay up late enough. I have quite a few rare RA weps thanks to my Viridian HUmar, so..yeah. I know nothing about the Ranger weapons, really..so..what sould I go after?

Only thing I know I am gonna go after is the Spread Needle and Frozen Shooter. But..anything else?

K9
Oct 16, 2003, 06:10 PM
im a ramar greennil myself... and the first few good rare weapons i started with was the justy23st, walsmk2, and visk***. They r all rifles... but when u get 2 vhard and ult. u might b interested in red weapons (red handgun, red sword...), a cool weapon is a double saber that u get from ult. forest barble... called stag cutlery, don't go near mechguns and shots (ok may-b a few), and i think that strongest rifle is the Yasminkov 7000V which can b found at seabed sinow zele ult...that about it, i hope this helps

Toruxxx
Oct 16, 2003, 06:13 PM
just pick from the the psow's "Item Findings for Version 3 (Xbox&GC) by Section ID > Greennill"

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=2&version=v3

just see what u like its not up to us.

Dillon
Oct 16, 2003, 06:16 PM
You see, I have the Greennill drop lists. As I said, I know nothing about Ranger weapons..which is why I made this post to begin with.

I have quite a few Stag Cutleries..and I was thinking about giving my RAmar one last night. I can pipe for Pals on my Redria HU for another Red Handgun, and that's about as far as I could get without leveling and getting to Ult. I have a bunch of..

Final Impacts/Meteor Smashed/Guilty Lights/Crush Bullets/Red Scorpios, so I think I'm pretty well off once I have 150 ATA.

But yes..I believe Sounami told me Greennill gets Handgun: Guld, too..so I'll have to look for it once I can.

PABLOparavida
Oct 16, 2003, 06:17 PM
On 2003-10-16 16:13, Toruxxx wrote:
just pick from the the psow's "Item Findings for Version 3 (Xbox&GC) by Section ID > Greennill"

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=2&version=v3

just see what u like its not up to us.

You beat me to it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheAlmightyNewbie
Oct 16, 2003, 06:17 PM
On 2003-10-16 16:10, K9 wrote:
im a ramar greennil myself... and the first few good rare weapons i started with was the justy23st, walsmk2, and visk***. They r all rifles... but when u get 2 vhard and ult. u might b interested in red weapons (red handgun, red sword...), a cool weapon is a double saber that u get from ult. forest barble... called stag cutlery, don't go near mechguns and shots (ok may-b a few), and i think that strongest rifle is the Yasminkov 7000V which can b found at seabed sinow zele ult...that about it, i hope this helps

the 9 star rifles arent anything special, though a max ground Justy with hit% is extremely useful. stag cutlery is melee, which rangers are not good at. mechs and shots are probably the two BEST ranger weapons, and the Yasminkov 3000R is stronger than the yas 7000V, and is the game's strongest rifle when max ground. And good luck getting -any- rares from a sinow zele.

Dillon
Oct 16, 2003, 06:20 PM
And as previously stated, twice, I know NOTHING about RA weapons, so just showing me drop lists is basically useless.

Provided that's what those are anyway. I didn't even bother clicking them since I know what Greennill gets anyway.

I merely wanted to know which of those Russian-looking weapons I should get. (The names look russian to me..nothing racial intended.)

toosmart4U9078
Oct 16, 2003, 06:28 PM
i'd say use the ruby bullet as its quite deadly, and also if u want 2 use a rifle, snow queen/frozen shooters own, i heard yasminkov 7000v was pretty good 2, but i haven't used it myself, in ult use frozen shooter, just freeze ppl, and pawn their faces, u'll also want 2 look into getting the yasminkov weapons, as well as the guld milla

Dillon
Oct 16, 2003, 06:34 PM
See? That's the kind of responses I was hoping to get.

Alrighty..I was told to get a Frozen Shooter..and I'll have to go level up and such now. But..yeah. Thanks.

Sumo
Oct 16, 2003, 09:47 PM
Yes, the Yaskimoniv guns are really nice. Greenil is the only id that finds the Yas 3000R, which is the strongest rifle. Yas 7000v, while not as powerful, has an auto aim feature that locks onto enemies even to the side of you (i think). The Yas 2000H has a laser sight. ^_^ Also, u should try to get your hands on a NUG2000 Bazooka, which look awesome.

StrongBad
Oct 16, 2003, 09:52 PM
When you get to Ultimate, go after a NUG-2000 Bazooka from a Sinow Red. Greenil gets it the easiest and its a very good weapon(660 atp, hits lots of enemies.)

Garm
Oct 17, 2003, 02:18 AM
rifles shoot fast so go for the 3 "normal" rifles in vhard. (i have a wals-mk2 for you with some hit % if you want) but you're going to notice they're more commen(sp?) than an saber in normal forest...
Go for the nug, frozen shooter, spread needle, and yas' using that you're almost immortal if you play good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Demonscale
Oct 17, 2003, 10:30 AM
Im a greennil Humar. You will find every Ranger weapon you could ever need in the Ultimate mines. I have found every drop in that area except the one I have been looking for, the Nug2000 from sinow red. The Gillchics drop Yas3000r which is pretty common and its an excellent weapon for any type of Ra class. Once you level some more, you should try the first couple rooms of Ult ruins too. Spread Needle from merlan and Red scorpio from arlan. Last but not least, you should pipe some Torrs in the forest of sorrow. They have a very high drop rate for the Frozen Shooter, a weapon that no Ranger should be without. I hope that helps you

Olga-Rappy
Oct 17, 2003, 10:38 AM
I recommend any sort of Shot, as RAmars are the only class that can use them to a signifigant effect.

Baranz and Belra's weapons are good. Spread Needle or Iron Faust would be best.

As a Greenill, you've got tons of options open to you. Don't let anything limit you, expect the lack of mechgun drops.

Demonscale
Oct 17, 2003, 10:47 AM
I forgot to mention that you should pipe some pal rappys also. Its the eaisest way to get a guard wave and thats pretty good armor. Dont forget as a Ranger you need good defense to make up for the lack of Hit points. Also you are going to get fustrated by the amount of Justys you find. I think most greennils average over 12 justys a day.

Garm
Oct 17, 2003, 12:59 PM
i think you fond more walses as a greennill...

Dillon
Oct 17, 2003, 04:48 PM
Alright, well, thanks to you all.

Those were the kinds of posts I was hoping for.

So now, knowing what I do, am going to go after..(once I can)..

Frozen Shooter
Spread Needle
Yas 7000v (I think; the one with auto-aiming.)
NUG2000 Bazooka

I already had quite a few shots..and I'll be able to use those by the end of tonight. Right now, since I'm only level 15, I'm stuck using..

Varista +9 (Soon to be Supressed Gun, later to be Red Handgun.)
Hell Laser +2, with 20% hit. (Special hits 85% of the time)
Hell Arms (No percents..but I was told to look for one.)
Guilty Light

Anyway..thanks for all the help. Highly appreciated.

Soja-Soulcrusher
Oct 17, 2003, 05:04 PM
Well, you should really look for that Yasminkov 3000R. My brother found it at level 101... He hasn't unequipped it since. It's EXTREMELY powerful at full grind, has a huge range, and a God/Battle just makes it that much better.

It will at least tide you over until you can force a Sinow Zele to drop a Yas 7000V. That can take a while, as my brother has yet to obtain one...

Be prepared for a lot of frustration when searching for the Guld. Them Delsabers are STINGY folk...

TheAlmightyNewbie
Oct 17, 2003, 05:19 PM
On 2003-10-17 08:30, Demonscale wrote:
but not least, you should pipe some Torrs in the forest of sorrow. They have a very high drop rate for the Frozen Shooter, a weapon that no Ranger should be without.

"very high drop rate"? Ha! I have killed five, yes FIVE hildetorrs with my FOnewearl and guess how many frozen shooters I have? (usually about 50/50 chance of it dropping)

One. and it has crappy percents too, 0/0/0/20.

>_< stupid torrs

Nambrosia
Oct 17, 2003, 05:32 PM
On 2003-10-17 08:38, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Spread Needle or Iron Faust would be best.

RAmars can't use IRON FAUST.

Dillon
Oct 17, 2003, 05:33 PM
Actually..Delsabers've been quite the generous things to me.

Demonscale
Oct 20, 2003, 10:17 AM
Torrs have always given me a frozen shooter I have found 3 in normal runs and 2 from piping them. I have not gotten one with hit before though.