PDA

View Full Version : Who doesn't hack/cheat/dupe?

Spy
Apr 2, 2001, 12:22 AM
Since little thinggies like these seem to be the flavor of the week, leave your name and why you don't hack, cheat, or dupe.

Now, *ahem*

Spy: I don't because I don't need to, and it's gay.

CASH
Apr 2, 2001, 12:28 AM
CASH: I don't because it takes the fun out of the game, and I've always liked doing things by myself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif ahem...

zanza
Apr 2, 2001, 12:35 AM
I DON'T DO ALL OF THE ABOVE BECAUSE
IT TAKES THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME AND I
TRY TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO THS SAME. (ALTHOUGH I DO THE WALL TRICK
ONLINE WHEN I'M SOLO.)
THAT DOESN'T COUNT AS CHEATING, RIGHT?http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Cyanide
Apr 2, 2001, 12:37 AM
I don't cause it takes all the fun out of the game and makes no point in treasure hunting. I prefer to find things the hard way. It a great feeling making your friends jealous when you find your 11 star weapon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif And you get jealous when your friend finds a double saber when you have tried for weeks to find one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif Just makes the game a blast.

Danger_Girl
Apr 2, 2001, 12:43 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif
You know me Spy. Queen anti cheater bitch! I have an absolutly legit Origato nowhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif, funny thing is I still find myself using my rusty 'ol S-beats blades and a flowens sword. Whats up with that? I guess I just like those old S-beats. We've been through to much together. I can't give them up.

Omege12
Apr 2, 2001, 12:43 AM
Omega12: Because that sh*t is just plain gay.

Spy
Apr 2, 2001, 12:58 AM
lol, I can remember when you got the sbeats http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

[addsig]"http://thespylord.tripod.com/tna.jpg">

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Spy on 2001-04-01 22:59 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Apr 2, 2001, 01:15 AM
I don't cheat/dupe/hack/etc. because I don't need to. A certain part of me wants all those ultra-rare items, but another part of me wants to enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the joy of actually playing the game and finding them. I don't need them, though, and that's the point. I still love this game as much as I did on day one and yet the rarest item I have found is a Sting Tip. Otherwise I'm simply chock full of the common specials. And that's okay. I play the game mostly to enjoy myself and hang around other people. Social games are few and far between. So I've attached myself to this one with a passion. Shame I haven't met nor played with most of the PSOW regulars, yet. All in due time, I hope. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

VampireLR
Apr 2, 2001, 01:17 AM
It's rewarding not to cheat. When I found my C-cane after playing for now 400 hrs both online and offline, I was like "holy shit, holy SHIT"

Danger_Girl
Apr 2, 2001, 01:20 AM
Oh so can I!!!! You gave them to mehttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif. I almost gave them to Lysan. But she knew I kind of got attached to them. She gave them back. I wonder how many monsters I've killed with them? Countless.

ElisteHaute
Apr 2, 2001, 01:47 AM
There's no challenge to it if you cheat. I got over cheating when I was young and stupid with my first Playstation. I occasionally get frustrated with a game that is intentionally too hard or has a "secret feature," but I try to get it legitimatley. If I can't, then I guess I have to practice more. I really stink at these games too!!! In PSO the only time I started to get better was when I started playing with groups that emphasize teamship and covering their partner's butts. If I was cheating I would have no incentive to get better or to even get out of the monster's way. Sure, I want to see the end of the story one day, but I'm gonna do it on my own without a cheat.

Lysan
Apr 2, 2001, 03:21 AM
Hey Spy, I don't dupe/cheat either but that might be due to the fact that Danger has me on a short leash so to speak. Seriously though, I figure that duping/cheating just takes a lot away from the game. There's nothing like the feeling of finding rare's the honest way!
About those S-beats Danger, I just had to give them back to you dear. I think you've developed a little bit of a fetish with em and I just didn't feel comfortable with them if you get my drift, LOL. No biggy now since I found myself a pair of my own, although I have no idea why you had such a problem with getting them made for me? I was able to get them done within 30 minutes. Maybe you really are a blonde in a red-heads bodyhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif!

Mina
Apr 2, 2001, 04:12 AM
I dont cheat/dupe/hack/do any oh that sh*t.
Theres nothing like finding a rare with no help from the other people.those type of people take the adventure away from the game.
Who would want to have every rare items in the game?I woulden't lol,actully,if i got them all myself i would,i cant take anything without asking if its dupped or not,thats why i like that thingy that says that some one deleted a whatever item,its easy to see if its real or not!
Arg i wish that cheators/hackers/duppers/what evers would just stop it!

----------Mina ^-^ (Play the game legitly)

kanyon
Apr 2, 2001, 04:22 AM
Hi, My name is Kanyon, and I'm a PSOaholic. oops wrong thread, oh well. The reason I don't dupe/cheat/hack, is cause there's no point, I get excited when I find new things, not create them with a device, plus I can make good ole Falzy my lil bytch, hehe.

Arien
Apr 2, 2001, 04:25 AM
Im all about legit play. Especially raising legit rare mags. Ive found it funner to raise rare mags than lvl up my character. I trade more often for mag cells then weapons of equipment for myself. They're are like trophies. I know someone can relate

Ukyou
Apr 2, 2001, 04:31 AM
Hmm, just the type of thread I thought Spy didn't like ^_^

I dunno, I just like that feeling of pride and integrity ya can get when everything's legit...

Way I see it, duping in a game's just getting yerself ready to start counterfeiting money iRL or something... just want to completely ignore that type of junk.

AxemPunanny
Apr 2, 2001, 04:40 AM
Like everyone else said... the feeling of actually working so hard to find the item you've been coveted, is a great feeling. I remember finding my first ?SPECIALWEAPON. I was so excited (PHOTON CLAW +3 in normal/ruins/offline). I've been given plenty of items, not to knock those people's generosity, it just feels a whole lot better when I find everything myself. Plus it eases my concern of the item being duped.

I've seen many of you online, and I've played with a few. When I do see you all, I always find DG, Lysan, & Spy in a game. I've seen Cash a few times. As for Mina, I see you all the time. Heh. I just started going to PSO World, so I'm trying to identify all of you, and maybe play a game with you all too.
I'll see you all online.

XPunanny/DCMarine/Laguna:Lock

MaximumBeef
Apr 2, 2001, 06:46 AM
Why waste the feeling that you get when you find something even remotely rare...filthy cheaters say that they don't want to wait around to find rares and so on, but that's exactly what makes it so great...the first time I got a Varista I lorded it over my friend like nobodies business...

VampireLR
Apr 2, 2001, 07:18 AM
I would have to agree with Mina-chan, what's the use of having alot of rares when you would probably won't be using half of them. I only use one or two weapons for each stage.

Forest: Double Saber 20%/Varista 25%
Caves: Mind Gladius 30%/Club of Laconium 45%
Mines: C-Sorcerers cane 30%/Varista 25%
Ruins: Varista 40%.

The only way I would probably deviate from this set is if I get a weapon with a higher percent.

Shopete
Apr 2, 2001, 07:39 AM
I don't becuase It's not fun that way. Someone let me borrow a Spread Needle once and the game lost it's flavor. I couldn't wait to give it back.

On the other hand there isn't a feeling in the world that compares to running around the room with a pack of Delsabers on your back. One wrong move and your talking with the nurse on Pioneer 2.

Sisqua
Apr 2, 2001, 07:56 AM
I'd be interested to see how this would change if you asked the question - "Do you know for a fact that 100% of your items haven't been duped by someone else?"

I find it a bit daft that a lot of people claim not to dupe but are only too happy to trade for items that are more than likely the result of cheating by someone else.

S.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Sisqua on 2001-04-02 05:56 ]</font>

IceBlink
Apr 2, 2001, 09:24 AM
Heh.

I don't cheat, simply because my morals are too high for me to do so. ^_^;; Plus, it's not fun when you do anyway. ^_^

The only bug in the game I normally use is the 'walk through walls and barriers' trick, but only if everyone else is doing it... heh. ^_^

Xaken
Apr 2, 2001, 10:08 AM
I would get no please out of the game if i cheated. Sure, the rares really are TOO RARE, but it's not like most of them are worth a damn anyway. The majority of the utra-rares may look cool, but lack effectiveness.

Then you have the Spread Needle (which I simply refer to as the Dupe Needle, I bet not one that I've seen is legit) and the Heaven's Punisher... those two guns are just cheap. I doubt I'd use them much even if I found them myself, I might has well have some sort of god mode.

Once you take their actual value into account, the real purpose of the ulta-rare is that of status. To have one means you're a person who has played this game so thoroughly that you have obtained these marvoul toys.

With all the duplicated items out there, the grandure is lost, and all that you are left with is emptiness....

P.S. Admittedly I have acepted a dupe now and then just to play with it, but I would only do so for a short time and then sell it off soon after.

Neojin
Apr 2, 2001, 10:19 AM
Well Sisqua i'm not for one moment going to deny the fact their are those who are two faced. Liveing the lives of a "Legit" in the public light, and the life of a "hack" behind closed doors.

Perhaps even some PSO World people are like this. However, come on man...just stick with the topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif You didnt answer the question, hehe.

I've stated this before in a topic of my own. Trading is/was suposed to be an intricated part of the game, creating and maintainting an economy. However hackers/dupes totaly destroyed this aspect of the game.

I myself have traded in the past for items. And when I did this I traded believing the items were legit, twice this has not been the case, those items have since been dealt with. Now you cant blame me for doing something that is rightfully part of the game. I traded my own hard earned items for what I believed to be the hard earned items of someone else.

I do FULLY agree with you that "legit" players use the the "Oh I traded for it" bit to "leagaly" use "duped or hacked" items, tis ashame really they have to lie to themselves like that.

Oh I don't cheat because i'm a gamer. I live for the pure satisfaction of knowing that the game designers made a game difficult and put challenges for me to overcome, and it is my ententions to play the game they way it was meant to be played and "beat" it the way it was entended. I think its been said there is nothing more satisfying than finding and IDing a rare. Last night I found a Chain Sawd, wow, it was thrilling and i'm glad the people I were playing with were all legit, or I would have heard "Oh yeah I have 4 of those, want me to make you anything else?" I mean how lame is that.

The problem now is however than their are so many new people that it's almost the "IN" thing to be against cheating. I mean you have a few nice items or you dont die from Falz's Grants on vhard at 60(Saints or Perfect resist people) and they think your a "cheat" without realizing how much stuff drops after hours and hours of playing V hard.

Oh well I play with friends, nuff said. No hacks, no cheats, and fun times.

MaximumBeef
Apr 2, 2001, 10:28 AM
Just thought I'd add how much the whole duping/hacking thing "scares" me, so now I never trade unless it's with my friend, whom I can punch in the gob in real life if he cheated me.

I'm just afraid that if I try and help someone by giving them some equipment etc., that they might be suspicious...

It's a sad state of affairs and really threatens to destroy the whole PSO cooperative experience.

IceBlink
Apr 2, 2001, 10:36 AM
On 2001-04-02 08:28, MaximumBeef wrote:
I'm just afraid that if I try and help someone by giving them some equipment etc., that they might be suspicious...

Hmmm... I haven't had that problem yet. I generally give items away instead of trading, and items I give away are usually non-rares, such as 4-slot low-level armours, normal tech disks, or units too...

And the only other rares I give away are the common rares such as Varistas to low level characters too...

Ah well. I'm glad a lot of people trust me on PSO. ^_^

MaximumBeef
Apr 2, 2001, 10:40 AM
Maybe I'm just paranoid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif ...but the cheats have really screwed the game dynamic.

Lamalas
Apr 2, 2001, 10:57 AM
I don't cheat because where is the fun. Yes, I was among those who used the "iddqd" in Doom...can't believe I still remember that...to enable God mode and mow everything down without a second thought. I flew through the game in about an hour--if that long.

It wasn't fun though...it got boring after a while of not knowing that adrenaline pumping rush of killing 100 baddies in a room and coming out with 10 health...then having to go into another room with more monsters to kill...

No duping, hacking, cheating for me...it ruins the game for me...and it ruins the game for others (if online).

Sisqua
Apr 2, 2001, 11:18 AM
Neojin - kudos for a good post. You're right I didn't answer the question!

My reason for raising the point was that it's a grey area whether you can claim to be a non-cheater if you openly trade a few bits and pieces for a lavis, spread, punisher fully in the knowledge that the items probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for cheating.

I disagree with a few peoples comments that some of the rares are too rare. I think in a real non-duping environment that's what really makes the trading system work. Imagine what kind of deal you could strike if you were one of only a few people in the entire game with a heaven punisher or spread needle. It makes a whole new game economy.

Searching for rare items to trade with other people would be almost a quest in itself rather than finding out that the guy stood next to you in the lobby already owns 5 of whatever you want.

To answer the initial question raised in this topic, yes I cheated - well I did untentionally anyway. I mistakenly heard a few days back that Sega had managed to do away with duping and having seen a couple of 'illegal item' messages when other people joined my teams, I assumed this to be true. So when some guy offered me a spread needle, I said I'd trade it if I could quit and come back on and get no illegal item message. As this didn't happen, and acting with the best of intentions, I accepted it.

Of course now I know that they didn't manage to kill duping at all - just certain hacked items. The fact that I had already reached level 96 before I accepted my first dupe (having relied on a crush bullet bought from the shop up until that point) I think demonstrates that I was committed to being a clean player. I think the fact that I did my last 4 levels with a duped item (without knowing it was) isn't too big a deal.

I also destroyed a level 200 opa opa mag which someone gave me as a goodwill gesture and I didn't have the heart to throw it back in their face.

I now have a cute little FOnewearl (lvl 24) called Laluki who I have kept clean in the knowledge that duping still exists. She currently uses a particularly crap mind autogun which does a massive 6 points damage per shot on hard mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

S.

Excalibur
Apr 2, 2001, 11:32 AM
I'm not a duper, cheater or hacker, 'cause I like the challenge to find rares at myself.

oh yeah..

Excalibur (HUnewearl)
Xcalibur (FOnewm)

greetings from switzerland
Excalibur

SaitoH
Apr 2, 2001, 11:52 AM
I don't cheat, simply because it would ruin the game for me. I have never understood why
people do it in the first place. "Yay! I'm invicible, I have every weapon, this game is sooo much fun"

I have traded in the past. Actually thats why I joined this board in the first place. I have a C-sorcerer's a Psyco wand and a few other rare items. It would be foolish to believe that everything I traded for is 100% legit. But darn it, I traded for my C-sorcerer's so I use it! I absolutely refuse to throw it away just to appease a few people. If that makes me a cheater than so be it.

My Lvl 95 FOmarl is equipped with the following INCREDIBLE stuff --

C-sorcerer's (miss my frying pan though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif )

Perfect frame (still looking for 4-slot ultimate)

general body

general body

god/legs

hero/ability

divinity barrier

Pitri (my beloved dradle with wings http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif )

Well, maybe its not so incredible. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

PS. I really enjoy helping out players as well. I like to keep decent rare items, disks, slotted items and 4-slot armour's in my bank, for just such occasions.

Grahf
Apr 2, 2001, 12:26 PM
Don't cheat, don't need to cheat, don't care if others cheat (as long as I'm not playing with them!).

Have fun people!

( I personally think the game is more fun without cheating!!!)

Roaddogglosthispassword
Apr 2, 2001, 04:10 PM
I've duped once with the old vmu trick to get my stolen agito that was back when i had my humar which fsod got and was lost
Now I just play legit my freinds use gamesharks and now they even barely have the urge to play because they have everything.....so why kill the only thing left in pso to do..btw finding rares on your own is the best! ever since i got my cbringer I rule! lol

Reaper
Apr 2, 2001, 04:42 PM
I havent found a single rare weapon/anything yet so i dont cheat because i know how magical it will feel when I find my first rare and i dont want to ruin it !!

I have completed Ruins 1,2,3 on normal 3 times and havent found a single rare!! I am ORAN and level 33???

What is going on???

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!!!

Maverick
Apr 2, 2001, 04:57 PM
Don't you find this thread a tad hypocritical? Sure no one here dupes/GS/"cheats" but how many have passed items from one character to another? I know I have (what's a HUcast gonna do with mind materials?). While PSO World doesn't frown upon such behavior, technically (at least in Sega's eyes) it is cheating, otherwise, you could drop your items in a private room and swap characters w/o the presence of a middle man. I'm not criticizing anyone, because like I said, I swap shit too. Just clarify your "I don't cheat" stance a little.

Ice_
Apr 2, 2001, 05:31 PM
i dont cheat ne more i cheated along time ago about 3 characters ago i helped soem oen dupe but i stoped because i felt liek ym charqacter was made up of dupes ( we duped mainly materials) but i stoped!!!!

DarkWolf
Apr 2, 2001, 05:43 PM
DarkWolf & Plague :
Plain and simple, cheating sux. It ruins the game for everyone, and it turns your $40 investment worthless. I'd rather enjoy this game for years to come, as opposed to saying "Ok, I've found everything... what's left to do?"

Tolwyn
Apr 2, 2001, 06:17 PM
I don't cheat on PSO.. That would be sad.

Contra
Apr 3, 2001, 01:47 AM
What's left to say that hasn't been said? Duping takes the most important and exciting part of the game and turns it into a joke. The feeling you get when you find your first *Real* Rare weapon is indescribable. And to think that some people rob themselves of that... It's almost disgusting.

wyatt
Apr 3, 2001, 03:38 AM
Sega thinks trading legitimatley earned items between your own characters is cheating? Lol! Where did you see that? Man if that's true then screw Sega. This is a social game where trading should be encouraged, right? ( I mean assuming traded items are not dupes, which of course they always are, which is why I don't trade.) Thats part of beind social. So what's the difference in that and trading amongst yourself? Hmmm. I don't know. I'd like to know where Sega said that though, because I worked for my items. Who cares which character I got them with.

Jonin01
Apr 5, 2001, 07:54 PM
To use an old but true phrase: "Cheaters only cheat themselves."
I mean, if you've shelled out the money for this game like I have ( and you should have, it's great! ) you'll want to enjoy every moment of it cheats free.
The only real Rare I have found so far that's hard to come by is a Proto Regen. Gear ( another level or two and I can use it! ) and one of the Book's of Katana.
You enjoy things like that much more by playing legit, and where i've only one VMU, i've only ever been able to play as my HUcast, the replay to try different char. types will be immense! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif
I'm a legit player, but I will give goodies to friends on items that I can't use, rather than selling them. I mean, what use is a grants to me? Worth much more to someone who can use techs compared to the meseta value I'd get really.