PDA

View Full Version : You haven't seen piracy until you've experienced...

dj_dan
Oct 16, 2003, 07:04 PM
netboot.

Bit
Oct 16, 2003, 07:04 PM
How did you survive?

PABLOparavida
Oct 16, 2003, 07:10 PM
yeah?

dj_dan
Oct 16, 2003, 07:18 PM
Hmm... eh?

Short description:

Play GC games on GC via image files on the internet.

Logical2u
Oct 16, 2003, 07:30 PM
You mean someone uploaded games onto a gamecube using PSO's online play or something!?

Pastullio
Oct 16, 2003, 08:43 PM
i've heard something about this, could you explain it more.

VioletSkye
Oct 16, 2003, 09:34 PM
Speaking of that I came across an interesting article about GC piracy:

"StarCube, an pro-piracy organization has made .iso's (disc images) of GameCube titles. Thanks to some help from a fan of our affiliate Nintendo Insider, we have confirmed that this news is not a hoax. We have seen the Action Replay and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker avaliable for download via (editted by me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Obviously, downloading any of these things is illegal. In addition, offering them is even more illegal. GameCube Advanced can not, and will not assist you in finding these illegal .iso files. In addition, we do not posess them ourselves either.

The good news here is that the hacked software can not be played on the GameCube -- yet. However, certain pirates are said to be working on some sort of method to facilitate the writing of a recordable disc and the playing of a bootleg title on the GameCube itself. How exactly this will work is unknown, espically given that the fact that there aren't many NR Writers out there.

Even more bad news - it appears as if the software used by developers to create discs (software used by NR Writers) has been illegally hacked as well. This is bad because it means someone could figure out how to allow a GameCube game to be burned to a recordable Digital Versatile Disc."

Also I found the instructions for loading a GC image file over a LAN. Is that what you were talking about Dj Dan? Supposedly it works like a charm. The instructions list PSO as an example.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-10-16 20:11 ]</font>

defer
Oct 17, 2003, 03:19 PM
PSO is how its done, I wont tell how, but it was to do with putting your computer IP in and using some dos software

Ethan
Oct 20, 2003, 10:26 AM
my dads trying to capture the net pacets from pso,
and modify something or another to talk to the gamecube.

i need a decent threat to stop him from doing this.

primer567
Oct 20, 2003, 09:04 PM
Its sad GC had to sacrafice disk space, but it works well to provent piracy.

BogusKun
Oct 23, 2003, 06:48 AM
On 2003-10-20 08:26, Ethan wrote:
my dads trying to capture the net pacets from pso,
and modify something or another to talk to the gamecube.

i need a decent threat to stop him from doing this.

let him do his job dammit.

Ethan
Oct 29, 2003, 04:01 AM
On 2003-10-20 19:04, primer567 wrote:
Its sad GC had to sacrafice disk space, but it works well to provent piracy.

it also reduces load times

eRUPT
Oct 29, 2003, 05:20 AM
We're not even gonna talk about this here anymore. First and last topic on the subject.

Final.